Ryujin13

Little lost dragon and I

Guthrie's eyes got a little wider as Fren started discussing the tools and the tablets real uses. The longer she talked though the wider they got until he looked like an owl. When she knish we he seemed incredibly nervous and was wringing his hands together and was looking around.

"Y-you shouldn't say things like, the others won't like it." He said, gesturing for Fren to keep her voice down. "The gods left the tools to teach us a lesson to not hurt our home like the humans would have. The wars taught us that lesson just like the gods planned." Even as Guthrie said the words though it was obvious he didn't really believe them and was instead merely saying what was expected. In fact it almost sounded like he was a little scared. "The gods will come back for us eventually, they are just testing our devotion." He said, looking down and away from Fren as though ashamed of what he was saying.

The prison block that Avira and Vita found themselves in was a place of horrors and the smell was even worse the the sights. If it weren't for the fact that she had ready thrown up and was trying her best to breath through her mouth Avira probably would have vomited again.

"I'm sure the mark will fade Vita." She assured the robot, turning to look into the cell where a prisoner was kept alive even though he was missing his front. She instantly pulled her weapon and shot the being until it couldn't possible be alive before looking around and gesturing to the other cells. "Ok, we're going to burn it all." She said pulling open the cell with the now dead being. "Vita, start grabbing bodies. If they're still alive and... Normal then try to save them. If not then give them a quick death. I'm going to find anything flammable I can."

It took almost an hour to get everything together but finally they got the last body onto the burn pile before gently laying Varren's on top as well.

Avira had managed to locate a large number of blankets as well as some wooden furniture that they used to help build the pyre. The last thing that she added was a flammable liquid that smelled terrible. She assumed it was a disinfectant of some kind, but it didn't matter, it burned and there was lots of it.

The last step was to pull out the three flares she had and crack them, making a long and extremely hot flame shoot out, sputtering bright red. She quickly forced two into the pyre near the bottom on opposite sides, then threw the last on top where the whole thing burst into flame as the heat hit the liquid.

Avira's insides churned at the sight of the Varren's burning corpse, not just because he had been a friend but also because the tiny part of her that the rune had awakened was saying that they should be taking the body to the lab to be changed into a more suitable servant.

"We'll wait until the whole things ash before going." She said to Vita, sitting against the wall across from the open cell. "Make sure it's done right this time." It was lucky that the area seemed to be well ventilated because the stench was already terrible, but Avira didn't care. Varren wouldn't be used by this place, and if that meant smelling burning flesh for hours on end then that was fine by her.

When Fren finally stopped she blinked noticing his eye's. His behaver said more or less fright. Then he gestured for her to keep her voice down as he said the same thing she already had been told. But it was hard to miss he was just saying them. She watched him look away in shame. She looked around and sighed. She came over and gently steered his head back to her with her hand "Your people beleive that because that's all they know. They did not know how to make the tools and fought over the rest when they became scarce. But that can happen with out tech, I've seen humans kill each other over some powered, that's not tech, that's a substance." she said quietly keeping her voice down. "I know there was a faction of my people who used tech that was forbidden, blood tech among it...." she paused "Guthrie...... are there any images, or descriptions of these gods? and by any chance, do they have a circle with 3 slashes in it located normally on the side on the waste?" she asked suddenly also steering them off the subject of the point of the tools and the instructions.

Vita looked at Avira and would have nodded if he could do so. When Avira decided to do a clean up of the place he placed Varren's body down and got to work. Most of the creatures where beyond saving and or dead already. "Must be where the janitors take the beings they seize." he commented. He put many out of there misery then turned to dragging the body's to the pile Avira had started. On his shoulder he had a creature that seemed to be normal, It had snake like looks only more of a hardened look, and feelers that came off near the head. When they finished piling the body's and the pile was on fire Vita kept watch, the little creature not leaving him.

However when they pile was about half gone to ash, a angry bellow was heard from the direction of the area they had left. "Recommend we leave the area, Varrens and many others are completely gone now. but we lack fire power against the beasts." he said hearing the creature bashing around in what sounded like a rage.

(( http://borderlands2.gamepedia.com/File:Thr...588892a3eb327b8 There new friend ))

Edited by little lost dragon

Guthrie looked at her and smiled a little at her kindness but still seemed incredibly nervous about everything. "Um, yes. There are pictures of the gods here in some of the temples. This one has one in here." He said, gesturing for Fren to follow and leading her off towards a doorway that led into a small room. On the wall was a large mural made of different colored stones which formed a picture of a large group of beings greeting the plant people.

"This mural was made before the gods left and shows their return." Guthrie explained. "It is one of the four visual representations left on the world that show the gods. The other four are scattered around the planet at different sites like this one. These are the only things that show what the gods truly looked like, the only three people who remember are the triarch and they were only children when the gods left. These are of the places where the tablets reveal themselves. Every five hundred years, always at the same time that the star flys across the sky. One of the tablets mentions a thing called a co-met that comes by our planet at that time. We have a big festival every time it happens, after all if the gods make special mention of it then it must be important." Guthrie went silent then, staring at the mural for a for awhile, his gaze far away before he finally looked back at Fren, waiting for the next question.

Avira was on her feet immediately after the sounds started and looked down the hall where it had come from.

"Yeah I don't want to tangle with that either." She said, already turning towards the opposite end of the hallway and taking off at a run. What we it was that was chasing them was big, and if the littler janitor was practically immune to their weapons then this big one sure wasn't going to be bothered by them. They got around the next corner then another corner, always taking a few moments to check against dead ends before running again. The thing was Avira could probably have escaped pretty easily, being faster and quieter then Vita, but with the giant robot along they might as well have been banging pots together and screaming their location. So they would have to rely on speed and luck to get away.

Fren looked at the beings and frowned. They looked familer for some reason. As Guthrie explained things she looked at it closely. But all in all, she had not been around for a few of the conflicts her people where involved in, but a spawning pool that could produce life? Then instructions to up lift the budding society. Granted in a the more common method of most worlds. She looked at Guthrie as he mentioned a comet that had been mentioned. Just because a comet was mentioned did not mean anything good all the time. Sometimes that met a timer to the devastation of a area on a planets surface. She shook her head a little wishing she had others with her, her people had experts on this sort of thing, she was not one her self.

She needed a way to contact this race that created the plant people. After having seen the instructions on how to use the tools to up lift the people, they clearly wanted to see if these people would become space faring. However that had been hampered by the plant peoples lack of understanding of the tools. She looked at Guthrie again before she motioned for him to come close before she leaned to speak in his ear "Your people might be on a timer, I can't say for sure, a comet is a large rock in space that normally passes through a solar system, this planet is part of a solar system. If its caught in the solar system it could very well be on a collision course. Might take a very long time nd might make many many passes, I know what I need to do to at least scan and monitor it to say for sure. From what you've seen, does it grow larger little by little every year?" she asked quietly.

Vita was indeed a bit loud but his weight and martial make up made it hard to be stealthy of any kind for now. The growling and roaring sounded as the sound of a door being smashed open could be heard by the time they rounded the second turn. Then the sound of the remaining body's being smashed to peices in a hit was heard followed by a angry bellow. "Safe to say I estimate it lite its self on fire." Vita commented.

"I don't know about getting bigger." Guthrie said immediately. "I've never seen the comet before. I was born a little over 300 years after the last time it came around." He said with a shrug. "If you want to know about something like that then your best course would be to ask Gentle Breeze. She's seen it over 20 times." He explained. "There's never been a report about it getting bigger or smaller though so I don't think it's a problem." He looked around again, still nervous about the whole line of questions that Fren had been asking.

"Well that's great then!" Avira yelled over her shoulder to Avira as she ran. "A giant flaming something that wants to kill us. That's just perfect!" She rounded another corner and immediately found herself at a door which she flung open and checked. It just led to another hallway but the door itself was extremely thick and heavy, obviously played with a metal that could rival any vault. After Avira was through she slammed it shut and locked the door down as much as she could before continuing to run.

"Any ideas would be great Vita!" She yelled, trying to come up with something besides running.

Fren nodded and sighed thinking. She could tell he was really nerves. He seemed to beleive her when she said about his people met to be more then what they currently are. But he was afraid of something. Possibly like others have tried this, and failed. "Guthrie, may I ask a more..... sensitive question?" she asked quietly. If he gave her the nod or responce of yes then she asked "Have others...... tried this before? Seen the instructions, or seen the tools ect, and think they need to use them? Your behaver says such things like this, the tablets instructions, the information has you..... tense." she said quietly.

Vita shook his head "All methods I can come with we no longer have. A safe room is our best chance. The things never followed us into those before." he said as he went.

The beast could be heard a ways behind them. When it reached the reenforced door though it let out a angry bellow before it seemed to just give up for now. The chasing stopped. "However the metal door seemed to be too much for it. However I get the feeling we are now being hunted."

Guthrie froze at Fren's question, his eyes wide again as he looked around for listeners.

Finally his head jerked in a nod before gesturing for Fren to come closer. He seemed to be almost shaking from fear now, and was looking constantly looking toward the door in car someone appeared.

"I um- I found proof." Guthrie said, his voice so quiet it was hard to hear. "I um- I found some of the- the tools and one of the gods. He told me what to do with the tools. The shaman I tried to tell reported me and I was um- I was punished and told if I ever spoke out against the gods again it would be worse." He shuddered a little and floated back, pointing to a particular stone forming the eye of one of the gods on the mural.

After that he refused to even speak of what he had just said and even quoted what seemed to be scripture of some kind whenever Fren made a comment about the gods being aliens.

Guthrie seemed to be absolutely terrified of everything that had been said and was now desperately trying to convince himself and anyone listening that he was just telling Fren what the religion said according to the shamans.

"When aren't we being hunted?" Avira asked, already turning and walking down the hallway try found themselves in. Her arm was still stinging slightly and weird ideas kept cropping up for a fraction of a second before disappearing into the dark parts of her mind. It was odd but she felt almost bad for destroying the bodies. The moment she thought this though she shook herself mentally and kept walking.

Destroying the bodies had been the right thing to do. There was nothing to even consider. Letting the castle have them would have meant more things for the group to run from, and what was worse the castle would have desecrated her friend in doing it. The abominations they had destroyed had been done a favor, of that she had no doubt.

Eventually they exited the cell blocks and ended up coming into the huge entrance hall from one if the side doors. It was the same as it had always been, with the smell of food coming from the feast room, the giant staircase coming down opposite the castles huge entrance doors, and the large sealed double doors that were opposite the feast room.

"Ten bucks the red cage is in there." Avira muttered, looking around as the door they had entered through swung shut and refused to open again.

"Pick a door?" She asked Vita, gesturing for him to do so.

Fren blinked as he replied and when he had finished she gave him a nod understanding his fear now. She looked at the eye and made a mental note of the eye. She came over and gave him a gentle pat on his shoulder before motioning for him to follow her out of the room. "That's enough for now, let me introduce you to Alina." she said normally for others to hear and to change the subject for Guthrie to have a reason to relax hopefully. "Alina." Fren called heading over to where she detected the hatchlings chemical signal. "Alina? I'd like to introduce you to someone."

Vita looked at her "When ever we are in a safe room." he concluded as they went. When the came through the next set of doors he paused and looked at the doors Avira said she betted the cage would be behind. "While chances are slim, your assumption would be the most probable." he said as the doors behind them closed "You have the key, chances are, its what's needed to open those doors." he said motioning to the blood stone. The creature that had had rescued poking its head up from on top of of his power and metal nano supply. "Unsure if you noticed him. He seems to be a young being of some kind. Unable to harm and currently seems to have no ill intention after I opened its cage." he reported.

Alina had been in a corner with Petals playing a game of some kind when Fren had left the room. It was remarkable that the hatchling hadn't noticed her mothers absence but now she looked up at Guthrie and edged closer to Fren.

Petals on the other hand stood immediately and gave what amounted to a curtsy to Guthrie.

"Shaman." She said politely,

Guthrie smiled and gave a little wave to Petals before the girl went back to her corner to wait for Alina.

Alina was almost pressed against Fren's leg as Guthrie turned to look at her, giving her a smallwave as well.

Alina gave a little wave back but didn't move from her spot, frightened of the sinuous creature before her. He reminded her of Varren which made her want to cry, and it reminded her of some of the monsters that had hurt the group which made her want to cry more. It was easier to just hide behind Fren then have to face the person. Even if mommy wasn't scared of him it was just easier to hide and wait for him to go away.

Avira meanwhile walked up to the door and looked the whole thing over, making note of the runes and such on it before noticing five panels which flipped up. One was thin like a blade should fit in, another clearly fit her key but the others were shaped in such a way that it was impossible to tell what they looked like.

"Five keys." She said out loud, already digging the journal cube from her backpack. "Let's see what we can find."

Fren smiled gently and used her tail to gently stroke Alina's back as she hide behind her leg. "Its alright Alina, Guthrie is one of the plant people, He's helping mommy study these ruins." she said before looking at the male being "I assume you've heard of the cursed place? The castle entrance? Alina and I are..... survivors from that place. Alina's..... had to see and face things in there." she explained quietly as she stroked Alina's back to try and calm the hatchling.

This being, Guthrie, she liked him. He was young, or at least acted a bit young, but so far, was brave all things considered. Maybe some day he could take her to where he found the alien that told him what to do with the tools he had found. It also helped her be at easy because he was not a humanoid. which reminded her, she needed to ask a question about that. But for now, he needed a lighter atmosphere and the closest one was with the young ones. "You may continue playing with pedals if you want Alina." she said so the hatchling could if she wanted.

Vita looked at the slots "This presents some good news. Even if Jak gets the rest of the key's. He won't have all of them. Thus won't be able to open the door." he pointed out as Avira opened the cube.

Guthrie didn't seem surprised by the revelation that Fren and Alina had come from the castle, instead choosing to watch Alina run off to her corner. Petals seemed to be comforting the hatchling but overall it seemed like Alina had taken his arrival well.

"I had heard that you had come from there." He said, turning back to Fren, less nervous now that they were talking about something else.

He still didn't seem like the most confident being but that seemed more like his personality then anything.

"Word travels fast." He said with a smile. "And you're the first to come from the cursed place in over a thousand years. The only people who come back are the guards and that's to switch posts so it doesn't get to them." He explained. "I can't imagine what it must've been like. You couldn't get me to go there no matter how much you threatened." He quietly looked back at Alina now, his expression sad now as petals hugged Alina.

"It's to bad that she had to go through that. I heard other things that you brought in a um- a met-al human, and an animal that stood on her hind legs but had tools in her head." He said, surprising a shudder at the thought. No matter what he said or believed about the gods he had still been raised to believe that certain things were bad and one of the most sacred rules was that a perversion of nature like the animal woman was unacceptable. The tools mentioned in the old tales were relatively simple so he had no idea how things like artificial implants could save lives. To him it was just putting things into someone's head because they could. "I also heard that the animal person was born and raised by... Humans." He said, letting the word out like it was disgusting. The hatred of humans seemed to be something that he believed in wholeheartedly as well, and just saying the name seemed to get him a little worked up.

Still he seemed curious as well, and which wasn't necessarily odd. After all, if the gods weren't what they seemed then maybe the animal woman wasn't the way she was supposed to be.

"Tell me about the animal woman." He said suddenly. "They say she acted human but had orange fur. That she was ten feet tall and carried the skulls of her enemies like a human." He said curiously. "They also say that she wouldn't drink water and instead drank blood..."

"Well that's good news at least." Avira said, pocketing the stone again as she turned from the large door and looked around. "Either way we have to stop this Jak person which means we should get these keys first. They very powerful if this is anything to go off of." She said, gesturing to her pocket where the stones box was. "So now we're back to square one. Pick a door."

Fren folded her arms as he spoke and listened. she sighed and nodded when he said he felt sorry for Alina. She looked back at him when he had trouble saying metal. And Avira the fox lady. She shared his disgust when he said the word humans though. She had her own reasons to despise the humans. She blinked when he asked her to tell him about Avira. Then the rest of what he said was very much off. She blinked wondering just who said such things. "Well first off I need to straighten a few details out, first off the fox lady her name was Avira, and she was a good 2-3 feet smaller then I, and I am 8 ish feet tall. Her behaver largely was, yes much like a humans, though she did not carry skulls or drink blood..... she drank water like most of us, as for what she was like..... I can't say too much, she was a bit impulsive, did not think many things through before acting." she said remembering the over all cause of Varren's death "She questioned her own existence due to the implants the humans put in her head. Humans messing with the building blocks of life never turns out well, half the time they try to kill it all later, or enslave it." she said looking disgusted "Anyway, all that aside, I did see signs of her trying to..... care for the group she was in I suppose? I spent the first bit of time with her around with a ghoul growing in my gut." she snorted at that note "Like I said..... not much I can say, I did not know her long, Varren could answer you much better but..... she got him killed. Castle guardien showed up due to her actions." she said not looking like she wanted to talk more about it. "Once Alina's of age, and has control of her powers..... I plan to head back to rejoin my friends, roughly back in time when they just left this place, that way.... I don't feel like I abandoned them. I'll be back." she said with a firm nod.

"Say, what do your peoples scriptures say about the entrance to the cursed place?" she asked wondering. Often times religuse beings had scriptures for just about anything that happened. Another question though, why did Bore encourage such behaver? Keeping these people where they where and letting them think they where met to wait, rather then achieve what there makers wanted?

Vita looked at Avira "To get al key's, we'll need to remove Jak's sword from his hands, one Varren gave to him before the boy was captured." he pointed out before motioning to the door 3rd one to the right.

Guthrie frowned a little when Fren described Avira to him, seeming almost happy that what he had heard was off.

"I told Deep Roots that wasn't true." He said with a smile. "He said he heard it from a friend who heard it from someone else. I think the whole thing went through over a dozen people before I heard it." He said, still happy that he had been right. When asked about the cursed place he frowned and thought for a moment, trying to decide what to say.

"Well there's not anything in the tablets about the cursed place, but there's a very old story about it." He said. "It's part of a very long song, but I'll try and tell you what I can. I'm not going to sing though, I'm not a singer." He said bluntly. "The song says. That over 5000 years ago there came a great shape in the sky, a giant flying thing that was made of stone. Everyone who could came to the clearing below the thing and waited because the gods had come back and were flying a temple like the ones they had left behind. The people waited and waited until a full month had passed but they never wavered from their vigil because the gods had come back and they were obviously testing their resolve. Finally after so much time waiting the great flying temple seemed to come to life, but it wasn't the gods, that much became apparent when the storm started. Great black clouds appeared in the sky and lightning struck the trees of the forest. Hundreds died as everyone ran while many more were killed as trees fell and crushed them. The flying temple then shot out a beam of light that struck the largest of the trees. The very earth beneath it disappeared and it's roots parted until we thought that the entire thing had come alive. Suddenly it stopped and the storm clouds went away. Before the peoples very eyes the castle disappeared like it had never been and all that was left were the dead and the destruction." He explained.

"The firest killed most of us actually." Gentle said quietly as she entered the temple and walked forward. She waved Guthrie to stand straight as the young shaman went to bow then sighed.

"They encircled a lot of those present and burned their bodies to ashes. It took us days to get the fires under control, and after that we were free to explore the portal. That was a terrible day and one I will never forget. The great tree's roots opened into a forest we had never seen or even imagined. There were sights and sounds that none had seen. Hundreds flocked through because they believed that the portal led into a heaven the gods had prepared for us. It was only when the screaming started that we realized it was hell. Nobody actually knows how many wen through the portal that day, but none came back. The next day the people we had missed came back, but they were dead things that came through the portal and attacked us. It was hard fought but eventually we managed to destroy them using the very fires that had killed so many of us. Their bodies were burned, a terrible thing to do to our own people, but it was necessary. They were unclean, and any young that grew from them would be tainted by that fact. After that we forbade anyone from going through the portal. Three days later a monster came through and killed more of us. This to we managed to kill. It was after that that the triarch of that time created the guard. They would stay close to the portal to guard it from the things that lived in the castle. We found a way to temporarily close the portal when we needed to, then banned anyone from ever entering that place without reason. Is been that way ever since."

"We can deal with Jak later. As long as we have one he can't do anything with his. The more we find though the less likely it will be that he can take it from us by force. We're not only depriving him of the keys we're making it less likely he can take them." Avira explained, already heading towards the door that Vita had picked. "Now we just have to figure out where the next key is."

Fren nodded at times as he explained the story of the castles first arrival to the planet. Sounded like it was toying with them, seeing what they reacted to. Then when it was able, it subverted many, the ones that went in. A sickening feeling suddenly was in her gut. If the castle could corrupt anything just like that, why had it not corrupted her? Or her team last she saw them? She looked at Guthrie when he got to the part of the guards being put into place. She looked at Alina briefly then got a thinking look to her features. "Well that confirms what I thought at first about that place, its just toying with us. Alina and I..... we... well I woke up in that place, it seems to select beings at random and bring them to it. One moment your falling asleep in your resting place next your waking in a stone room. Alina had the misfortune of.... hatching in there." she explained before standing up as another thought hit her head "Guthrie..... many tend to carry hatred to such events as the one you just described, those with said hatred might not be known for the hate, if the source is not present it may get hidden, with held. More for Alina's safety, I need to know, do you know if any might be..... might want to seek vengeance on the castle? Yes I'm sure laws have been put into place and treatment to those known for the hate, but every race has those that are missed. I'm asking because if they can't get it directly on the cursed place, they might want to take out on those that come out of the cursed place, maybe beleive there cursed or setting up another trap." she explained.

Vita would have shrugged if it where possible for him to do so. "Best chance of find the next key's seems to carry the theme of death if the last area was any indacation."

(Gentle came back sorry I didn't make it more plain that was my fault. Also sorry for short post. Tired, I'll give more next post.)

Gentle shook her head at Fren's question, a sad look on her face. "Our species lives for a long time, but rarely as lot as I have. Those who survived are dead beyond a few and those that still remember have moved on. I have given you sanctuary and none will break a triarch's command." Gentle explained. She looked around the temple, then over at where Petals and Alina were playing. The hatchling still hadn't spoken but she was at least responding to her new friend which was better then nothing. Still, compared to the Alina that had giggled and played so happily just a few days earlier the little girl was but a shell. She was nervous and looked around at sudden sounds. She periodically checked on where Fren was and started to panic whenever the Shatong wasn't immediately in sight. It was a miracle that the girl was functioning at all let alone engaging with another child.

"It's getting late Fren." Gentle said, gesturing at a window where the sky had turned pink as the sun went down. "We need to return to the clearing and Petals needs to return home." She explained, leading the way out of the temple after Fren and the others were ready. "I also spoke with one of the older shamans about your request to move into the temple. The answer is no." Gentle said. "The Shamans say that you living inside the temple is a desecration to the gods. That being said they are willing to discuss making a new clearing nearby. The shamans have been discussing the need for a caretaker of the temples, and they say that as long as you learn and observe the proper rituals then they could probably work something out." Gentle explained to Fren.

(My bad, and np)

Fren nodded and glanced out side as Gentle pointed out it was getting late. She nodded and gathered the 2 children before exiting the temple with Guthrie and Gentle.

Another clearing near by though would suffice. the rituals though she had to question in her head. She'd need to keep a close eye on her mental stability, make sure indoctrination would not happen, thankfully something that was part of her old job, being taught how to not succumb to the wrong things yet learn it to use it. "Another clearing would work." she said "Perhaps if its allowed and one agree's to it," she started with a glance at Guthrie "Could I request Guthrie's assistance in the coming days for studying the temple and maybe learning the rituals as well?" she asked pretty sure the being would like being with someone he can talk to that won't punish him for speaking the truth instead of repeating something that has proven its self untrue.

"If Guthrie doesn't have an issue with it then I see no problem letting him help you." Gentle said, looking over at Guthrie who was quietly floating along with the group.

Guthrie smiled a little and nodded but otherwise remained quiet. He didn't seem particurly nervous around Gentle, but he did seem a little wary, probably because of the difficulties he had had with authority figures in the past.

The group arrived back in the clearing quickly enough, and the smell of food was already wafting from the small table that was constantly present now.

"I um- I have to go back home." Guthrie said. "I'll uh, I'll see you later Fren." He finished with a wave before disappearing into the woods.

Gentle joined them for dinner and quietly explained that the rites that Fren would have to learn would center mostly around the proper cleaning and maintanence of the temple as well as how to do it all respectfully. It wasn't so much religious as it was how to treat the temple properly.

"I need to go Fren." Gentle said after dinner. "Other duties call as always. Have a pleasant sleep, and as always, do not stray from the clearing." With that gentle turned and disappeared into the woods as well her form disappearing like smoke the moment she entered.

Avira meanwhile was busy reading through the book as fast as she could, trying to find any reference to something like the passage that had led them to the lake. Like Varren had said though, the book was mostly a persons ramblings about what he had seen in the castle and wasn't super useful overall, unless you were visiting the room described.

"I'm not finding anything." Avira said, absently turning a corner as they walked. Hopefully I just haven't seen it yet."

Fren nodded and smiled a little when Guthrie nodded. Though he seemed unsure again. But right now it was hard to tell why, she did not know his trouble in his past, only what he had told her, maybe Gentle was one of those that punished him before? Who knows.

When he said he needed to go she nodded "Alright, take care and I'll see you later Guthrie." she said with a friendly wave as he took off.

When they sat down for dinner Fren gently picked Alina up and placed her on the raised seat for her. She paused seeing the hatchlings scales dusty and dirty from playing and gently dusted the hatchling off cleaning her scales till she was shiny again before giving Alina a gentle nuzzle before they began to eat.

She listened as Gentle explained the rituals and such, many just seemed to be methods of doing things she already knew, but then again, these labs, these temples where very important to the plant people.

When it came time for Gentle to go she nodded and said her own good byes before finishing her serving. When Alina finished her portion Fren gently scooped the little hatchling up into her arms and sat down in the clearing and laid down in the grass with Alina on her chest. Fren's slimy black scales reflecting the moon light as it rose and her grey belly scales reflected the light as well. "Love you Alina." she said gently stroking the young ones back as she did so.

Vita watched her flip the pages of the holographic book. "If it has a port, I could plug in and download it, then I'd know instantly if anything meets the parameters of what we are looking for." he offered.

Alina snuggled in close to Fren as her mother said good night, showing her affection even if she didn't say it.

It still didn't seem like the hatchling was going to speak again anytime soon, but she was at least eating and interacting with others which was something. Still she was obviously not well, and the way she moved in her sleep made that clear.

It was past midnight when Guthrie's long fingers tapped Fren's shoulder. The touch was so light that it didn't even register to the Shatong the first time, but the second was a bit harder and more insistent.

Guthrie drew back quickly when he finally saw Fren awaken, his glowing green eyes staring at her with an almost fearful expression. He was obviously nervous, more nervous then Fren had ever seen him before but he put a finger to his lips before Fren could say anything and beckoned for her to follow him.

Alina didn't even react to being picked up and instead snuggled close to Fren as Guthrie lead Fren deep into the forest, off in a direction that Fren hadn't yet been towards.

All around the forest made noises and sounds the like Fren hadn't ever heard, sometimes sounding like voices, other times growls of frustration. Still it seemed that Guthrie knew how to keep whatever was out there at bay. Ten minutes of walking and he still hadn't said a single word until they reached a divot in the ground. A few stone blocks sat at the bottom which Guthrie went to, moving a couple out of the way to reveal a door behind.

The door seemed to be made of a solid stone slab but Guthrie opened it without any issues. After Fren entered he began to move his hands about, whispering something in an unknown tongue as green energy came over his hands. Suddenly there were plants growing over the entrance to the door which he then closed, blocking out the light from the outside. Only his and Fren's eyes could be seen until he moved to a wall. Clicks of some kind were heard before a soft glow filled the room, coming from lights set into the ceiling. The room itself wasn't big, maybe ten by ten, but it had a long stairway leading down into darkness. As one watched though the lights continued to turn on, showing an ending some hundred plus stairs down.

Guthrie was visibly shaking from fear of what might happen but he also seemed to have steeled himself as he turned to Fren.

"I-I think you're right Fren." He said quietly, looking down at the ground as he kneaded his hands together nervously. "I um- I think the gods meant for us to be more and we just..." He took a breath, closing his eyes as he tried to calm himself. "I think we lost our way." He finally finished. "This is where I- where I found the tools and the talking god." He explained, moving back and forth nervously, almost stuttering now. "I um- I didn't tell the shamans where this place was, I just um- I put forward the idea a little to- to see what they thought." Guthrie was now floating off down the steps, his hands still twisting nervously. He was almost talking just to relieve stress now, babbling about how he had found the door while wandering the woods and how long it had taken him to even find the light switch.

By the time they reached the bottom of the stairwell he was almost babbling from fright and his eyes were wide. It was obvious he was wishing that he had never done this, but he also knew that backing out wasn't an option.

At the bottom was another stone door, and here Guthrie paused, touching a button off to the side then pushing his hand against a panel that had swung down from the wall.

"I um- it's a kind of magic that I-I figured it out. It took me awhile, but I made it work." He explained as a blue light scanned his palm. A moment later and a series of clunks were heard as locking mechanisms disengaged and the door swung open.

The space beyond was obviously cavernous, that much you could tell just by the echoes, and when Guthrie managed to hit the lights the conclusion was confirmed. The room was what looked like an extremely high tech factory. What precisely it made wasn't clear but manufacturing tools were all around including automated arms designed for repetitive tasks as well as a number other smaller devices that looked like they were designed to help.

"I um- I think the gods made the tools here." Guthrie said, floating off towards another door. "I don't know what they all do, but I think I understand a few." He explained, leading the way to a nearby room.

Inside was what amounted to a store room where a number of different samples of devices sat. They were all geared towards alien physiology, specifically that of the nature people, but their functions were easily identified.

"I-I think this one helps you dig, and this one picks things up and moves them, but I don't know what the others are for." Guthrie said, pointing to a vehicle that had a large scoop on it and another long and flat vehicle that had a bucket on the back like a truck.

Guthrie was already leading the way to another room where a sheet of glass stood upright near one wall, framed in black and unmarked by the years. Guthrie walked up and basically prostrated himself to the glass, which had come to life the moment he had come within five feet of it, not seeming to care if he was on the ground or not.

In its depths stood a holographic version of one of the aliens, seemingly a female by her bearing, size, and voice.

"Greetings." The hologram said cheerfully. "I am the custodian of this facility on the seed planet GH1447. If you are seeing this then your race has advanced to the point where monitoring equipment is powerful enough to detect the entrance and decipher the correct operation of entry door. I am here to help facilitate the next step in the evolution of your race towards being a star-faring race. If you have any questions please ask them now. If there are none then please say proceed and we can begin the next step." Everything was said with same cheerful attitude designed to put the user at ease.

Guthrie for his part was still on the ground, mouthing silent prayers with his eyes scrunched close.

Fren smiled as Alina snuggled against her and gently nuzzled the hatchling again before the 2 of them fell asleep. For the most part is was undisturbed till in her dream something tapped her shoulder. Then after a few moments the tapping came back only urgently and it was hard enough to wake her. She opened her eye's and looked around till one located Guthrie. She frowned a little and began to get up holding Alina against her chest gently. She opened her mouth to ask what was going on but not a sound left her mouth when he motioned for her to be quiet before he motioned for her to follow him.

She followed puzzled at what was going on, she could hear the..... she called them ghosts for lack of a better term. She heard, and before she could see them but according to her chemical radar, they did not exist. She wondered how the plant people kept the ghosts away.

When they reached the door she watched him open it and then grow plants all over it before they entered and he closed it, she imagined the added plants would hide the door. Then she heard clicks and then a yellow light came on. She blinked at the sudden light source and grew tense as she felt she was in a humans structure now with a yellow light.

She got to the stairs that lead to who knows where and looked at Guthrie as he spoke. She nodded and with her spare hand reached over and placed it on his shoulder to try and help him calm down.

She listened as he spoke though the longer the stairs went, the more he seemed to talk just to relieve stress. When they reached the end of the stairs the entrance way was high tech alone. She watched him go to a scanner and let it scan his hand palm. She nodded as he explained he worked out the 'magic'. She looked around as she followed him into the factory her suspicions confirmed. She looked at the tools he pointed to before they went to a strange glass wall. Once Guthrie triggered it a 2D hologram showed up in it and introduced her self. And said what Fren's suspicion was.

Fren took a deep breath seeing Guthrie nearly about to explode. "Greetings custodian. Could we have a few moments to discuss our findings?" she asked not sure if it would respond to her, she was not a plant person and the security allowed Guthrie in after scanning him. Which met it was programmed for the plant people. The people that at this rate, would take many many decades before getting close to the stage to be ready for this. She looked at Guthrie and gently squeezed his shoulder "A miss guided race can be redirected. Takes time and patience, but every race can be corrected. For your people, the first step is to take the instructions on the tablets, and have them follow that. We'll show that information to the triad in the morning if your up for it. Its information they can't refute, as its written by there gods." she explained "For now, we need to leave, your people won't be ready for this place for a long time. And your about to explode from stress." she said her eye's soft as she looked at him. "We got a lot of work ahead, but your not in this alone. For what its worth you got my support." she said with a nod.

Edited by little lost dragon

The hologram didn't respond verbally to Fren but did disappear once more, leaving Guthrie and the Shatong alone.

Guthrie looked up at Fren, his eyes full if fear when she said that they would speak to the Triad in the morning.

"Nononononno." He gasped, shaking his head as he pulled himself back up to his full height. "Th-they can't know about this. They can't. They'd destroy the god and the tools. And they'd kill me for bringing it up again." He was shaking now and seemed to be on the verge of crying although the liquid that was appearing around his eyes was much thicker then the water a human leaked. "And-and they'd probably hurt you." He said, sounding sad at the thought. "Only Gentle Breeze took me seriously. Whispering Shadow just said I was st-stupid and Deep Roots seemed to think it over but said I was crazy too for thinking it." Guthrie was getting even worse now, floating back and forth anxiously, his hands twisting on themselves like always, the green tears flowing as well at the thought of the triad. "I-I shouldn't have brought you here, I shouldn't believe what you said, it's wrong. The gods are coming back when we're worthy. An-and tools are bad because they lead to war. L-living a simple life is better then destroying to make life easier." He was just babbling what he was supposed to believe now, his hands now covering his eyes as he tried to make himself believe again.

"It's really a good thing that I'm the Triad in ascendancy right now." Gentle said from behind Fren and Guthrie.

Guthrie for his part practically hit the floor, his eyes scrunched shut as he begged for Fren to he spared. He kept saying it was his fault and that he had tricked Fren into coming.

Gentle Brreze simply walked over and squatted down, touching his shoulder and whispering to him. He seemed to relax somewhat at whatever she said and finally stood up, tears still staining his face as his hands continued to move nervously.

"So, this is one of the gods palaces where gifts were given in the form of tools." Gentle said, looking around with interest. "I had always imagined it to be a bit... Prettier I guess. Plus it smells bad." She looked at Fren and Guthrie appraisingly before speaking again.

"Like I said, you're lucky it's my season." She said. "If Whispering. Shadow had found this he'd have killed you on the spot then destroyed this place. Deep Root would have at least considered what you had to say but it would have taken him to long to decide, then Whispering Shadows would have killed you the moment the mantle passed to him." She sighed and looked around some more before turning to face Fren again.

"You've both put me in a difficult position." She said, causing Guthrie to go white and look down in shame. "Our laws are very clear, technology in any form is to be despised and destroyed." She took a breath and walked closer to the glass which glowed again, showing one of the gods once more.

"Greetings. I am the custodian of this facility on the seed planet GH1447. If you are seeing this then your race has advanced to the point where monitoring equipment is powerful enough to detect the entrance and decipher the correct operation of entry door. I am here to help facilitate the next step in the evolution of your race towards being a star-faring race. If you have any questions please ask them now. If there are none then please say proceed and we can begin the next step." It said, repeating what it had said to Fren.

"Bilanshe." Gentle said in wonder, falling to the ground in supplication and beginning to pray much like Guthrie had. It took a moment or two but finally she stood again and stared at the being, her eyes full of wonder.

"Ho-why is the god so flat?" She asked Fren, gesturing to the lane of glass that the hologram stood in.

"This model of custodian is designed for a more personal user interface. In the event that evolution resulted in unforeseen complications when it comes to communication I am programmed to find an effective solution to said problem." The hologram said brightly.

Gentle looked at Fren, her eyes will wide as she witnessed a second coming of her gods.

"I'm um- I was alive when the gods were here last. My names Gentle Breeze, um- well that's not my real name but it's the one I took." Gentle explained. "I'm- that is I took up position in the triad."

"Welcome user Gentle Breeze." The hologram said. "Thank you for the information on your level in the social structure of this world. The triad is an older structure that was originally left in place for a governing body until such a time as the inhabitants of said world came up with their own version."

Gentle Breeze was getting confused by the responses she was getting from the hologram, and indeed was becoming upset as well.

"We-we waited for the gods to come back like you told us to. We destroyed the tools and lived in harmony with the world just like you taught."

"I'm sorry, but you did not ask a question. I will attempt to give a satisfactory answer to the best of my ability." The hologram said, shrinking and showing a view of the solar system in its place while the alien hologram stood to one side. "100,000 years ago our race, the Derannj happened across your planet while on a routine survey mission. Scans of the planet showed life on the ice sheets that covered the planet at that time. Unfortunately the evolution of that time was incompatible for raising to an intelligent level. Beneath the ice sheets however was locked the possibility for a great number of plants. The decision was made that a raising ship would be sent and the planet prepared for intelligent life." During the whole speech the hologram pointed out the planet that the race currently resided on as well as how it was moved further towards the sun.

"When the climate was more conductive to life, facilities were created where seeding pools could be built. One hundred were built on this planet, scattered across the world and it's continents. Eventually plant life was in abundance, but no sign of an intelligent life anywhere. At the time social experiments were the norm, so it was decided that your planet would be the focal point for one. The experiment was designed to test the ability to predetermine a races evolution until they reached a spacefaring level of technology. At that point the goal was to present the race with help from Derannj society and so integrate you into the empire. Your arrival here shows that the experiment is working as planned and you have reached an Industrial Age at least." The custodian finished, it's voice constantly cheerful.

"So we're just a-a test?" Gentle asked, the hurt obvious in her voice. "We waited for you for nothing?"

"Your assumption is based on the fact that your achievements are completely out of your hands. It is true that the Gerannj were given the tools to evolve at a steady rate, but culture, government, and other aspects were left to your control. The possibility of a races destruction by their own hands is also a possibility, so the fact that you still remain shows a great deal of potential in your race."

Gentle was crying now as well, her world falling apart as the hologram stripped away everything she had ever known. The constants in her life, the faith that her gods would return, the knowledge that tools were wrong, the fact that her race came down to an experiment was tearing her apart on the inside. She didn't seem to know what to do now, and seemed to want someone to tell her what to do now. It wasn't surprising based on her races past, but it was still sad to see.

Fren shook her head as Guthrie started to panic. But he was to far gone now. Then she narrowed her eye's as Gentle's signature was detected on approach. She motioned to Guthrie but he was still in a panic, convinced he was going to be in massive trouble. Then Gentle spoke up and she turned around. She took a defensive stance placing a talon-ed foot in-front of Guthrie. A arm protectively holding Alina's fast asleep form. She watched Gentle come over and gave her the benefit of the doubt and let her to Guthrie. The female said something and Guthrie seemed to calm down somewhat.

She listened but remained silent. She knew full well why the laws where there, and also how mistaken they where. Then the hologram showed up. And with Gentle not understanding and the hologram programmed for a race that had a better understanding of tech, Gentle's world came crashing down, the foundation having been built on fear and faith, and both being smashed to bits, everything else was for nothing.

Fren walked over to the hologram "Please deactivate, they are not ready and this facility was discovered prematurely." she sad before going over to Gentle and Guthrie and laid a hand on Guthrie's shoulder and her tail tip on Gentles due to her other hand holding Alina safely "That is a hologram, in your prospective think she's a talking tablet. A high tech one. She has been programmed and can't differ out side of the programmed lines, she was not programmed for the stage your people have kept them selfs at." she explained "Guthrie and I found tablets that had instructions to help your people advance slowly but surely. Granted many methods said there are common to many races, I can...... alter them to be more friendly to your planet. Technology can be a great asset to have, but if you don't know how to use it, it can be your greatest enemy, your people suffered the 2nd, you had no idea what to do with the tools. Your people started off as an experiment. But you've evolved, and grown past that, your a full fledged race that thinks and acts by its self." she said gently helping them stand up "Now I'm not a expert from my own people. But I can each you what I know, and maybe, we can introduce your people to technology again, but this time slowly, and as they are introduced to it, we teach them how its used. Your gods want you to join them in the stars, be apart of the empire, They had hopes for your kind. They left facility's to aid you once you got there. Don't you think that's a goal to achieve?" she asked trying to make it sound amazing for them.

"Guthrie, you showed me this place, you proved what I said back in the ruins, you've shown your self to be more open to such things then many judging by how its spoke n about. Gentle, your in a position of power, and with power you have the ability to sway others. It'll take a long time, but I got a long time to wait before Alina's grown up. In that time, I'll help you, and your people realize a form of technology that is not seen as evil or condeming. To your selfs or your planet. You might leave this world not as your gods intended, but I'd think that would impress them more. because that met you had to develop some of your own." she said wiping there tears off there faces. "Now, we each need to return to the surface before anyone else finds us here. We can meet at the temple Gentle, I know Guthrie will already be there when I arrive. For now you both need to sleep on this and process it." she said knowing this was going to have a toll on them. "If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them as well." she assured them.

Gentle was shaking from the plethora of emotions running rampant through her, and her tears were still flowing.

Guthrie for his part seemed to be doing a bit better, but was obviously worried about Gentle now as well.

"Y-yes, we'll discuss this in the morning." Gentle managed, taking a gulp of air as she did so. "I-I need to think. I'll meet you both in the... In the temple."

With that she practically fled, leaving the facility quickly.

The hologram faded off the moment she left the room.

Guthrie didn't seem interested in speaking either as he helped turn off the facility and close the door behind them.

He helped Fren get back to the clearing then went and curled up in the branches of a nearby tree where he stayed silent. It was obvious he wasn't sleeping though as his eyes could still be seen in the dark, but when approached he remained silent, instead just laying there, quietly trying to come to terms with what he had learned.

The next morning he had disappeared again, but a table of food was laid out for Alina and Fren. When they were finished a guard came forward and told then that Gentle wanted to meet with Fren as soon as possible. He also offered to let Alina stay with a nearby daycare but Alina refused to leave her mothers side, practically flattening herself against Fren.

The road to the temple was taken quickly that morning and by the time Fren had arrived the triad were already there as well as Guthrie and a new being who was strikingly similar to Guthrie although a lot smaller.

The triad and the new arrival were arguing as Fren entered the building, only quieting when they noticed her presence.

"Good morning Fren." Gentle said, nodding to the Shatong. "I appreciate your joining us in this discussion. You have met Deep Roots, Whispering Shadow and Guthrie." She said, gesturing to each in turn. "You have not met Danlani, our high priestess." She introduced, gesturing to the unknown being. "Danlani, this is Fren, a survivor of the cursed place." Gentle explained.

Danlani's face remained unreadable as the introductions were made, and though not hostile there definitely was a look of appraisal in the priestesses eyes.

"I have already begun telling them about our... Our discovery last night." Gentle said. "And we are currently deciding-"

"Shut up." Shadow said, his eyes narrowing as they focused on Gentle. "This is a farce. This being has obviously destroyed your mind. She has spat on our laws since the moment she arrived. She brings in a man of tools, a being who has had those tools put into her head, and all you do is invite her in. You spat on our laws then, and now you are speaking heresy. This weakling has obviously made the outsider his thrall and is now using her to make you believe that everything we know to be true is false. Our only course is to destroy the infection at its source. We kill the weakling, the outsider and her child. That is the only way." He said, causing Guthrie to go pale.

"We do nothing without a majority." Deep Root said in a slow voice as though he was ways thinking. "The triad was formed that way for a reason, to go against it would break more laws then they would heal." He said.

"On top of that, what is done with my son is up to me as priestess." Danlani said, gesturing to Guthrie. "As a shaman I hold final word over his sentence."

"And how is that going?" Whispering Shadow asked angrily. "He has already spoken out against what we believe once and you promised he would be punished. Now here he is again, this time with Gentle and her guest in tow, all three of them spouting the same lies."

"While you do raise a good point Whispering, you are still working under the assumption that he was wrong the first time." Deep Root said, turning to the other male. "I witnessed the punishment myself, and I doubt he would repeat the offense unless he was truly mad, or else he had proof that said otherwise. That Gentle Breeze has taken up his cause says a lot as well. What do we have to lose by listening?" He asked.

"Our entire society!" Whispering shouted, growing his hands up. "Look at the weakling! If what he says is true then what? Do we tell everyone that all we know is wrong? We know the wars happened the scars can still be seen in the land. We tell them that the gods aren't coming back, that we have waited for nothing and everything will unravel. There will be death and pain only. Even if I believed what Gentle is saying we are better off burying it where no one will ever find it again."

"If you do that then you doom our race forever!" Gentle said, finally managing to get a word in. "I...I found out the truth last night, and I-it hurt. To know we were wrong, that I have lived over 10,000 years and have been waiting for the gods to return in vain. It's true, everyone will panic. They will lose hope, but we can give them a new one. I spoke with the gods last night, and they told me that they wanted us to join them in the stars. We may lose our old purpose but we gain a new one. Guthrie and Fren say that the tablets tell how to build tools, that they can help us build what the gods always envisioned us to be. She says that she can help us start to working towards our new goal. She believes that someday we can meet the gods and join them in the sky like they want us to. I say we put faith in our peoples resolve and tell them the truth."

Deep Roots for his part seemed to consider the whole thing carefully, albeit slowly while Fren spoke. It took him a few minutes, but finally he looked down at Guthrie.

"Should the boy shaman be proven correct I think we can consider the matter further. We shall go and see the god." He said. Already walking out. He stopped Fren with an arm however, and made a gesture, causing guards to come bursting into the room.

"Until such a time as it is proven otherwise you are hereby charged with inciting heresy." He rumbled, drawing himself up to his full and extremely impressive height. "The penalty for such actions is death to be carried out at sunset." He said, gesturing up where the sun was nearing the noon mark. "If we return with sufficient evidence to support your claim, then you shall be set free. Attempting to escape is the same as admitting your guilt, and you will be killed at the moment of your attempt." He said, green energy flowing from his hand and down to the floor. Instantly long straight stone spikes shoved themselves up from the ground, surrounding Fren in an instant and creating a cage big enough for Fren to sit down in but not much else.

Without another word Roots turned and left, leaving Fren alone with a crying Alina who was scared witless again after the yelling that had happened around her. Five guards remained in the temple to watch Fren, and they were each alert, an arrow in one hand and a now in the other, ready to open fire if Fren tried anything.

Fren nodded and watched her flee the area. She helped Guthrie turn the facility off. Learning new tech another thing that was in her old job. When they finished they went back to the clearing. She paused and looked at Guthrie and gave him a nod before heading to bed her self with Alina.

The next morning she woke up a bit tired but no worse for wear and got up. She and Alina had there breakfast that had been set out for them and afterwards she looked up as the guard came over. She nodded and turned down leaving Alina behind as the hatchling almost flattened her self into Fren. She picked the hatchling up and followed the guard.

When they arrived she was not happy to see the whole Triad here. She had hoped to discuss details and such before informing everyone. She hid this though and nodded in greeting to them. Then there discussion resumed.

Shadow seemed to be the voice that was all for going against everything and taking out the facility. Deep Roots who she assumed and later learned was one of Guthrie's parents, he seemed to be pondering the information. And Gentle... well she experienced it first hand.

She said her own share and it seemed they'd all be going to the site next. But Deep Roots stopped her then then guards came out. She with held her sudden urge to go evasive and escape. "Pardon me when I hardly know your laws though. Not like I've only been here 2 days." she growled as they left. she did not take kindly to being imprisoned, or being accused. How was she suppost to know death was the punishment? Guthrie had been punished before and he was still living. Plus now Deep Roots had just threatened her daughter with death.

Worst comes to worst, she knew both Alina and her self could escape with ease, but Alina might not be able to on command, the hatchling was still developing and learning her ability's.

Fren was kept waiting for over two hours before the triad, Guthrie, and the high priestess returned. Both she and Alina were given food and water, but beyond that were left alone.

The group that reentered the temple was different from the one that had left. All of them were quiet as Roots made a gesture and the stone holding Fren disappeared back into the ground while the guards disappeared again.

"We have reviewed the... The evidence." Deep Roots said quietly. "And we judge that neither Guthrie or our visitor Fren are guilty if insiting heresy, now or any time before. Guthrie will be given a public apology as well as a plot of land in compensation for the pain and suffering he unjustly received." Roots said to those present. Even Shadows didn't argue with the judgment, instead remaining silent as Roots spoke. "Gentle Breeze will also remain in command of her mantle as we find no supporting evidence for the charges of corruption or heresy. She is still in power now, so any decision ultimately rests with her. We the triad defer to her judgment in regards to the new... Information about the gods and their tools." He turned to her then, obviously unsure of what to do next. None of those present seemed to know what to do next to be fair. They were all at a loss as to how to proceed, which wasn't surprising actually. Their society had always had a purpose, a goal that their religion had supplied. Now that it was removed none of them seemed to know how to act or think. They were truly on their own for the first time in thousands of years, and they didn't know what to do.

Gentle was trying to come up with an answer while the other triad and even the high priestess were thinking as well.

"For now... For now we leave the population in the dark." Gentle said finally. "Nobody speaks of this to anyone outside this room. We will review the holy texts..." He closed her yes and took a breath. "The tablets I mean. We will study them, find out what the fire steps are and how to follow them before alerting the populace. Without a course to follow I fear that everything we have built will fall apart before we can regain control. Guthrie, you and Fren will study the tablets for the instructions that we... That we missed the first time. Shadows, you and Roots will begin checking the world for more facilities like the one that Guthrie found. If any are found place magics on them that will keep others away. I'm going to do the same to the place that we found. Until we have a corse of action we cannot risk a religious war." She ordered, watching as the others filed out before turning to Fren.

"Fren, I-I want to make you my second." She said solemnly. "If I were to pass before you leave you would take up the mantle until such a time as I am either reborn or a more suitable replacement is found for the position." She explained, holding up her hand before Fren could object. "You're the only one who can understand what tablets actually mean. We are going to need your help to get started, to move forward. If I were to die then I need you in a position of power where you wouldn't be killed for a traitor and could still wield enough power to make things move forward." Gentle said.