georgexu94

Crafts

Hello! Discuss about your favourite pasttime. I like to make little 3D stars. smile.gif The one you make out of strips of paper.

Edited by georgexu94

I do a ton of different crafts. It just depends on what I need or want to make.

Currently, I'm knitting baby hats for my nieces and nephews. I also recently made a bunch of origami cranes to help decorate my parents' Christmas tree.

I've also learned to sew and make some kinds of jewelry over the years.

Its not my favourite pastime, but occasionally I do some crocheting or embroidery, a bit of origami.. well , this and that. Animals made off small pearls...

Last year I made crochet scarfs and hats for cristmas and i made a new scarf for me. Mostly though its smaller things like amigurumi or a dice bag or a handy sock. And when I am in the mood for it I'm crocheting lace.

I also love crafts, so it depends. My closet door just broke, so lately I've been mAking strands of paper cranes to cover it.And scrap booking and sewing is always fun. I've been making blankets for the outburst of baby nephews and nieces lately smile.gif

I recently learned how to knit and I've made some scarves and fingerless gloves this past christmas as gifts. Crocheting I've tried learning, but after a while I don't remember it for some reason. There have been quite a few other crafts I've dabbled in; Jewelry making, polymer clay sculptures, resin charms. For a college class recently, I tried making an hourglass out of bell shaped plastic ornaments.

One of my part time jobs is at a craft store, so I get to see all the different things customers come up with. It's really great because I learn so much about the materials and supplies.

I can make jewelry out of Sculpey clay, shrink paper and tiny glass vials. For Christmas, I made my friends necklaces of little glass charms filled with casting resin, dye and glitter to make them look like potions, complete with handwritten labels of their names glued on biggrin.gif

I'd say it's rather hard for me to just pick one... I love to create, and that's something I do in more ways than one... So... I guess it depends on what I feel like doing...

Right now, this very moment I'm only into making cosplay costumes and writing.

While I at other times might feel like making some origami, plushies, painting, working with some sort of graphic design or making layouts for websites (though, I can admit that I find it quite boring to make layouts for websites these days, but if I have to, I'll do it... And if I for some reason get an idea I'll always make sure that it becomes reality and not just a vision in my own mind).

And if you are allowed to count photographing as a kind of crafts, I like that too (though, I can admit, I've sort of lost my flow for it since I outgrew my poor Nikon D60 way back in 2011 - I'm in need of a new camera if I'm ever going to be able to get back to my old self when it comes to the world of photos... Unfortunately for me I can't buy a Nikon D800 as I've been wanting to do for quite some time now. I haven't had a job since June 2012 when I graduated from school, which means that I've no money and I ain't going to ask someone to buy it for me so I later on can repay them, because that would be wrong).

I tie those embroidery floss friendship bracelets. I make them while watching TV, and then I sell them at school. I like sewing, too, but my sewing machine is kind of crappy and the thread gets jammed easily.

Currently the only 'crafts' I do are the paper cranes I fold on the odd occasion. I would love to try out other crafts at some point, but it'll have to wait until I have a job. smile.gif So for now I have to be content in just looking at craft ideas online. I've always been an artsy person so even looking at craft ideas gets me really excited.

Ever since I was little I wanted to make doll clothes for dolls like barbies, but I've never learned how to considering the only other member of my family who actually did crafty or arty stuff was my great grandmother and she died when I was still a baby. I'd also love to learn to make stuffed animals like she did.

I love making stuff so I'd love to learn how to make bracelets and jewelry and stuff like that, too. ;-;

I make cards but I love to make all sizes of rag dolls and their clothes, clothes for 18" dolls. Have patterns for all sorts of stuff too.

Right now I'm reading a book on learning how to make clay people. I also want to try sculpting dolls.

I make cards but I love to make all sizes of rag dolls and their clothes, clothes for 18" dolls. Have patterns for all sorts of stuff too.

Right now I'm reading a book on learning how to make clay people. I also want to try sculpting dolls.

That sounds freaking awesome. Now I want to make ragdolls lol

I would love to take up more crafting, especially sewing. :V Is it difficult to master? I know to start out small, and I have a lot of scrap fabric to use, but I'd really like to learn to make clothing.

I like to take old jewelry and make new ones out of them.

EX: I had a vampire necklace that had multiple layers of chains with blood drops and vampire symbols. So I took it and cut all the charms off and made the chain into one like chain. Placing a cross charm and a charm that said Vampire on the front. On the side closest to my neck I put three separate chains hanging off at different lengths and put the blood drops there so it looks like I got bit. I was very happy and surprised at how well it came out.

I also like to take the little bottles with corks and fill them up with stuff.

EX: I filled one with fake blood and another with my favorite herb- Dill!

I crochet. I'm trying all kinds of different patterns and color combinations at the moment, for a blanket (or bed cover, not sure yet).

I crochet. I'm trying all kinds of different patterns and color combinations at the moment, for a blanket (or bed cover, not sure yet).

That is so cool! I really like how the crochet hats and scarves look, I have always wanted to make them. I have a purple scarf that is in a crochet style, it is one of my favorite things ever. Speaking of which, I have a crochet kit I have been meaning to use from my older sister from last Christmas. I'm planning to learn how to crochet over a facetime with her... she lives far away.

I recently learned how to knit and I've made some scarves and fingerless gloves this past christmas as gifts. Crocheting I've tried learning, but after a while I don't remember it for some reason.

Hah, I'm the opposite! I can crochet just fine, but I try knitting and two rows in, my brain shuts down and starts going "Wait, what was I supposed to be doing again?".

I've been making stuff for people and for my ABJDs. Mostly people, though, since doll stuff is more fiddly, being on a smaller scale. I've been working on a sweater for one of them for over a month, because I'm lazy and keep putting the thing down and not wanting to pick it back up. So far I have made:

https://24.media.tumblr.com/a4654c979b6d62e...afo1_r1_500.jpg

https://31.media.tumblr.com/5c32b3500e886e1...ornafo1_400.jpg

https://31.media.tumblr.com/bf4aa66d0783c41...ornafo1_500.jpg

and right now I'm working on a scarf in a really nice yarn I got yesterday. (And that blasted sweater, of course. I'll finish that eventually. Probably.)

I also do a little bit of sewing, and making beaded cuffs and things. Most of my crafting has ended up related to/for the ball jointed dolls I collect. This guy, for example, I made everything he's wearing, except the shoes(Which you can't see because they're buried under his legwarmers, the arm warmers and the base green wig the dreadfalls are attached to.

Edited by LascielsShadow

I'm a power scrapbooker and soaper, LOL I have over 400 scents. I also own two pro button machines and build buttons for fanclubs. There's a house in here under all of this somewhere.

I love scrap-booking and making greeting cards smile.gif I also liking jewelry making.