georgexu94

Crafts

I love all sorts of crafting and made my sister a crochet blanket for her wedding present last summer

I like knitting; it's so calming. Although, I can only follow the most basic of patterns, I'd like to improve.

I love cutting intricate snowflakes.

So does my mom! She usually makes a whole bunch around Christmas time. smile.gif

As for me, I like crocheting, but only in rounds. So far I've made a 6" tall pony plush from a pattern I bought and a 6" long eastern-style dragonling that I made up as I went. I want to make a pattern for a 12" long dragon, but I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to do it yet. Hopefully I can get good enough with the dragons that I can start selling them on Etsy. smile.gif

Oh, cool! I just learnt how to do rounds, so I'm still a bit unsure in making things with them. Somehow, this has not stopped me from planning about a dozen plushies. xd.png

I like to make origami (that is a craft right?) but I haven't actually managed to make anything original, usually just following instructions instead.

I've also tried embroidery but I end up with a mess of thread. Never worked with anything else yet.

I dabble in a little bit of a lot of different arts and crafts. I haven't drawn in years though, so I'm probably not very good at it anymore. i keep my writing fresh by role playing in browser games and telling my children stories that my mom and I have made up. lol

I've tried leather stamping wood carving/whittling, and making dream catchers. Tried teaching myself to knit but I cannot get a purl right to save my life.

The crafts that I keep coming back to, though, are crocheting, tatting (a very fine lacy thread thing, not tattoos), beaded jewelry, and french beaded flowers. I can't really pick a favorite. Instead I just start projects with whichever one of these cratfs I am most interested in at that moment.

Right now I am dying to make some new jewelry, but I don't really have the time or space needed to get it started. I'm also falling behind on a very well thought storyline in a role play I am wrapped up in on Knight's Honor. (Shameless plug, if you join KH, please sign up in Berber or Cordova. We could always use more active players. lol)

I love knitting and crocheting. They are so calming, and for some reason I always feel mentally refreshed after knitting for a while. I just learned how to knit this Christmas, I got a kit from my grandmother, and I've only knitted a scarf and a blanket, and I am working on a crochet blanket.(Which is NOT going well, haha)

Umm.. Also not sure is these are really "crafts" but I used to draw all the time. I kind of quit because I was embarrassed of them, but every once in a while I will doodle something fun. smile.gif I love painting too, though I've only had the money to do a few.XP

And I love writing too. There is something magical about it that compels me to waste hours on my computer every day.....

I sew pillows, cloaks, plushies, and creature hats

I also make string dolls, friendship bracelets, and some wishing wells

I sell the stuff I make though Trahe Creations

It is nice, but not many buyers.

IDK if drawing counts, but yeah, I do traditional art.

I haven't done stuff in awhile. I used to make marionettes. My sister showed us how having learned from a wonderful book with patterns and directions. Hers were way better than mine but they worked and it was fun to do and play with and entertain the neighborhood kids with fairy tale shows.

I used to make aprons and quilted aprons out of mom's left over fabric scraps. I never got the hang of large scale quilting.

My knitting and crocheting needs serious help and I'd love to make snowflakes, owls and cranes from paper, felt and origami paper. Cranes would be cool if I could just bend and fold correctly.