MisunderstoodDreamer

Making autoabandoned eggs clickable

I use to breed weekly for the AP and I keep track of the breed eggs (in my browser's bookmarks) for seeing if they find lovely homes and get funny names (this really amuses me so much! biggrin.gif).

I breed all my pairs one after another and when I finish I go to the eggs' view page. If I'm unlocked and an egg remains on my scroll, I can easily access to its view page through the breeding page, but if I'm locked and the egg was autoabandoned, believe me, it's really a pain! sad.gif I have to repeat these actions dozen of times:

user posted image

My request is really simple: making clickable the egg in autoabandon page for accessing to its view page directly. Please :3333

user posted image

There's any other breeder that supports this? smile.gif

[sorry for the bad screenshots, I didn't had enough time for doing them better but I wanted to do some for better explaining what I have in mind sad.gif]

I support. I don't understand why the egg is not clickable if it is autoabandoned.

I support this as well. It's always puzzled me that that's the ONE spot where I can't directly access the view page just by clicking on the image. Was there initially a reason for this?

ETA: Deletions because I misunderstood a bit of mechanics. Fixed.

Edited by LibbyLishly

I would support this also. I keep track of all my breedings and one of the columns in my record is the code of the egg. As you say, it can be a real pain to get the code for an egg that has auto'd.

I don't intend to stalk the person who got it or any other malicious action (and if that is the fear, then this doesn't really prevent that anyway), all I really want is to be able to see its code.

My headache prevents me from typing all the explanations why it would be useful for me so I'll just say I support this idea.

I support this as well. It would make my life a million times easier to be able to just click the autoed egg!

I support this as well. It's always puzzled me that that's the ONE spot where I can't directly access the view page just by clicking on the image.

This. Definite support!

I think this would be great. I have wondered why I couldn't click on an egg I have auto abandoned.

I do like this, I support! I think its indeed the stalking and harassing users who catch it that didn't allow it before, but now auto-abandoned eggs take like 3 days to show up on the AP anyway, so there isn't any harm just looking at it. smile.gif

Edited by Xythus

I would LOVE this - I also log all of my breedings, although I very seldom have auto-abandoned.

The only real drawback I see is potential for confusion by people who don't pay attention to the message and click through then wonder why it's not on their scroll.

I do like this, I support! I think its indeed the stalking and harassing users who catch it that didn't allow it before, but now auto-abandoned eggs take like 3 days to show up on the AP anyway, so there isn't any harm just looking at it. smile.gif

Why does a three day waiting period mean that harassing and stalking will no longer be a problem? If someone accidentally bred a gold that they desperately wanted back, I'm pretty sure a three day wait would be nothing to them.

That said, I do support the idea, I just wonder why you think this will no longer be a problem.

I support this. Sometimes I breed when I'm locked just to see if a new pair will like each other, or to see what a lineage would look like, and it's a pain not to be able to click through to the auto'd egg easily.

Thanks for the support to everyone! biggrin.gif

I would add something about the questions raised above smile.gif

About the "stalking question" mentioned by few users: nowadays, if you want to stalk an autoabandoned egg, you can use the viewing way we actually have (click on a parent --> click on "View Children" --> click on the egg), we have full access to its view page (for preventing stalking, then the access to the egg should have been forbidden since it becomes an adult). Enabling the autoabandoned egg to being clicked directly won't increase/advantage stalking but just bring benefits to breeders who keep note of their breedings (view purplehaze's post above for a good example).

And about the possible confusion that WinstonGA mentioned above (the possible confusion given by clicking the autoabandoned egg and then wondering why it isn't on our scroll), I would say that, since the "successful breeding message" is barely a quarter of line in lenght while the "autoabandoned message" is long almost a line and half, it jumps to your eye that the egg was autoabandoned smile.gif And, afterall, when breeding we give more attention to the message we get rather than to the egg's sprite and, even if this isn't the case, you should easily notice that the usual message above the egg is a bit too long than the usual wink.gif

I can't see a valid reason for keeping this the only case where we can't click the egg for the view page link, so support from me smile.gif

I support as well. In the old days it might have been a problem because people could use it to get the egg from the AP and causing a delay would allow it to hopefully be picked up by someone else, but with the new way the AP is run this is no longer an issue. I like to watch my eggs as well and it would make it easier to get to the view page.