Red2111

August Release Breeding plans: Duotone Lindwurms

I'm trying to breed PBs of both Duotones and Lindwurms, but I've had absolutely zero luck with opals. My only CB blues refused each other, and my Gen2 greens have shown "no interest" every time I've bred them (I have no CB greens).

I'd try a blue x green checker, because that's a pretty combination, but I don't think that's realistic right now. laugh.gif

At least my Duotones were happy to oblige me, and I got a Gen2 out of them. But I won't be working extensively on a lineage with them. I'm not a huge fan of them. smile.gif

Edited by Dimar

that would be a blue!? But how?

I wonder too. If I had room to keep 'em I'd try all my blue opal pairs and see if any gave a green.

edit: So has anyone else gotten a grey/blue from two greens or a green from two blues?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/QQZdB

Edited by rubyshoes

I wonder too. If I had room to keep 'em I'd try all my blue opal pairs and see if any gave a green.

edit: So has anyone else gotten a grey/blue from two greens or a green from two blues?

Whoa~ It never crossed my mind that the two opal colors could breed an egg of the other! blink.gif

That is extremely kool. cool.gif

I was shown another blue/purple egg from two greens (I can't post a link since it isn't mine and it is currently floating in the AP). So it doesn't seem to be an isolated event.

I think it's cool that two greens can produce a gray/blue opale (and probably vice versa, too).

What??? They can do that??? >o< Ok this just made my breeding project 200x harder. Wow.

I would really love to see a green produced by two purples. x3

So would I smile.gif I tried about 7 or 8 pairs of two purples but they all gave purple eggs.

edit: I had several 2 and 3 gen greens and tried them with various partners and got either the partner (the regular split or bloodscale) type egg or a purple opal egg.

Edited by rubyshoes

Oooh. So in theory, a PB even gen lineage where colour is switched in every generation would be possible? That would look so great! biggrin.gif

I guess I got some test breeding to do when I get unlocked...

Still haven't gotten a green from blues (but I'll keep trying). I have had other blues from my greens though.

It's possible it could be a glitch and it only works that way? I hope not because it would be a shame to be unable to get a green Opal like that considering their current rarity.

I don't think it is a glitch (I just think that the green opals are maybe a bit like the red dorsals as the less common version and harder to breed - that is speculation on my part and totally just an opinion smile.gif ).

Odd, because earthgirl said they should be the same rarity. It could be that TJ made one rarer and she just doesn't know, but the current rarity of green Opals seems to me to be mostly the product of how sluggishly slow the Forest and Jungle biomes move.

That's just what I think, though.

If earthgirl said they should be the same, I'd go by what she said rather than any speculation I've made smile.gif

I will say that out of 40 or more breedings of opals, almost all have been either purple, the other mate ie bloodscales (or a few with no eggs) with only maybe 3 greens.

Edited by rubyshoes

Bringing to the front page due to the discussion currently happening in Help thread.