Speedicus

The Return ~Open~

user posted image

Lyra awoke abruptly, coming to her senses with a start. The first thing she noticed was the darkness. And the cold, the freezing cold. She gasped, sending up a torrent of tiny bubbles. What?! I'm underwater! She flailed frantically in the swift current before finding that she could feel slick pebbles under her claws. Scrabbling for a hold, Lyra dragged herself to the riverbank and lay there, coughing up water. When she felt strong enough to sit up, Lyra leaped to her feet and glared at the Seragamma Wyvern and Green Nebula. "How dare you dump me in the ri-" The furious Gold dragon stopped midsentence, realizing that she no longer felt the pain in her grazed shoulder. Instead, it was slightly numb and it was no longer oozing blood. Lyra gaped at the other two dragons, flexing her shoulder with ease.

It seemed Ebon's reward for saving the hatchling's life was criticism. "You should speak more kindly to the person who just saved your life." Ebon snarled, "I could of just left you there to die alone on cold hard ground with everyone else." Ebon didn't need to deal with this, he had better things to do than babysit two annoying little hatchlings. Ebon got up and turned to walk away from the two brats. He had better things to do. Edited by Doctortear

user posted image

Lyra snorted with a small shrug as Ebon walked away. "What a grump," she muttered under under her breath, but she couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt. She sighed and glared at Drek as he complained about something like sleep and zombies - she wasn't really listening. Well, maybe he would be nicer. She grunted as she walked slowly over to the Green Nebula, testing her injured shoulder. Lyra nudged him with her muzzle gently, plopping down beside him with a thump. "Hi! I'm Lyra." She smiled shyly, shuffling her feet in the tiny pebbles. "What's your name?"

The Bleeding Moon dragons were shooting barbs EVERYWHERE. For once, Sintara was glad for her small size. It was much easier to avoid the barbs. Ignoring the collapsing dragons around her, Sintara dashed for the forest, where she knew that the trees would provide cover from the barbs.

Loambreaker was startled awake by the sounds of screaming and pounding feet. Panicked dragons sprinted away from the attacking Bleeding Moons. Countless more lay paralyzed on the ground.

Thank the gods I blend in. Otherwise... She squeezed her eyes shut as another dragon fell before her feet. The slender green dragon bolted towards the river. She knew how to find her cave from there.

Please, please let Mam and Pap have gotten away!

((EDIT: Mph. Wasn't happy with the color, and wanted to change so we didn't have duplicates :3))

Edited by Ayesthine

The wind carried the scent of more hatchlings, making Ebon growl to himself. Why did he have to watch over everyone's annoying offspring? He was a warrior meant to protect the land at all costs, not a nanny! Ebon mumbled to himself as he wandered the eerily quiet woods. Why did the fighting start anyhow? Who were the Bleeding Moons and why were dragons fighting one another? Ebon stood still as he pondered these thoughts to himself.

Sintara hopped onto a tree, flapping her stubby wings for a small boost. They had just grown in, and weren't strong enough to fly with yet. Digging her claws into the tree, she quickly scrambled up, enjoying the rough bark scraping her paws. Sintara loved heights, whether it was a tree, an older dragon taking her for a ride, or anything else that involved being off the ground. It was so much more comfortable, you could feel more wind, breath more easily, and best of all, you weren't stuck on the ground. Being careful to stay slightly below the very top of the tree so that the leaves would still be a shield, she nimbly hopped over to several other trees, until she saw a river. By the river, there were three other dragons: two hatchlings and an adult. She decided not to approach them, since she wasn't the most social person in the world. Instead, she sat in the tree she was on and watched them.

Sintara heard a voice behind her. She had heard something climbing behind her. She had seen the black and green hatchling leave. Ignoring him, Sintara whipped around and jumped even further away from the group. She didnt stop until she was far away, and was sure that she had lost the other hatchling.

Ebon glared down at the Nebula. "Seragamma's can't digest fish." Ebon said as he looked at the slimy, scaled creature. "Give it to someone who can digest it." Why was this hatchling trying to feed Ebon? He could take care of himself just fine.

((OOC: Its true, if you go to the wikipedia and looked at the additional information, it says they can't digest fish.))

"I treat hatchlings like I treat everyone else. Ebon retorted, I just don't like company. I'm a lone wolf and plan to stay like that for a long while. Now shove off, I have more important things to do than sit around and chat with you. Ebon nonchalantly waved his claw in the air. He had to figure out a few things, and this hatchling was interrupting him.

As quietly as she could, Sintara made her way back to the spot where the other dragons were. As she drew closer, she reduced her quick leaps to small hops, then just to steps from tree to tree to minimize the sound she made. Perching on the tree she had been before she had ran away, Sintara continued to watch the other dragons.

Alteria quickly escaped from the bleeding moon dragons.Her parents were nowhere to be seen because she didn't have parents.She was glad she hadn't been struck with a barb,but she did feel a little sorry for the other dragons.'I should see if any other dragons escaped and if they know what happened and why dragons were shooting other dragons with barbs.'Alteria thought.

Loam's heart was racing and her breath was ragged as she sprinted through the field. A ferocious-looking Bleeding Moon was flying above, but didn't seem to see her. She slowed her pace as she reached the forest. The greeen jumped a few feet in the air, and glided. Her calves burned and she couldn't seem to catch her breath.

Nearly there... nearly there. Mam will find me and we'll have some tea and read a book or two and then stack some rocks and make a few new cave-ins.

Loambreaker reached the stream where her home was hidden, anxious to get on with her life. She stopped in suprise.

What? Why in the..? They didn't dare! That's my practice set! They wrecked it! I worked so HARD on that perfect collaspe!

"Haaaeeey!" Loam squealed. "Get AWAY from those ROCKS!" She bounded over, growling angrily at the Nebula as she grabbed few pebbles. She began feverishly sorting and stacking them.

Alteria heard a loud screech and flew over to investigate.What she found was possibly the strangest thing she'd ever seen.A dragon stacking rocks.

The green looked up. A young Blusang Lindwurm hovered above her. From the expression on it's face, it thought her strange. She bared her fangs and hissed. "Do you have any idea how difficult it is to set up a proper cave-in? No. You don't."

Loam grumbled nonsense to herself as she worked.

"Stupid.. air dragons.. and their silly faces.. and their weird stares.. they can't even make a proper apple crumble... why I oughta..."

Sighing, Loam answered. "If you insist on knowing, it's my practice set. My family has had the best cave-shakers of aalll the earth. We make the rumblingest earthquakes and the crashingest cave-ins." She pounded her chest with a small fist. Then, she focused her tiny ruby eyes on the mound she had created. Careful not to upset the soil around her, she rumbled the foundations, the core, and the cornerstones of her rockpile. It flew apart explosively. She turned triumphantly to the Lindwurm. "See?"

Sintara watched carefully as two more dragons approached the riverbank. One of them was freaking out over... Rocks? That was certainly odd. Apparently, it was the green hatchling's "practice set". She wasn't sure what it was a practice set for, but the word "practice" gave her an idea. Instead of just watching them, she could jump from more trees, but with greater distances that required a boost from her wings. First traveling back a few trees so she wouldn't be heard, Sintara began the exercise.

Edited by KoalaNoob

Ebon wasn't by the river, but he could already hear the hatchlings gather near it. He heard one of them scream at the others about rocks. It must be a Green shouting about rocks, they usually get pretty picky over them. "I think I have other matters to attend to, Drek. Ebon rumbled. He didn't want to do it, but Ebon knew someone had to make sure all of these hatchlings didn't just end up dead. Slowly, Ebon got up and trekked over to the river. He stopped and looked over at the hatchlings from a distance; geez, they were annoying.