Sign in to follow this  
Speedicus

The Return ~Open~

History:

After the year 2013, the humans were tearing themselves apart faster than any other time recorded in history; war, disease, and other things that had plagued the human race, bringing it to an abrupt, violent end, in the year 3000. The dragons, whom vowed to return to the mainlands after human presence was once and for all gone, made their journey back to mainlands. Now, back to the mainlands you say? Well, after the dragons were supposedly hunted to extinction, they went far to the corners of the earth, going extremely far out of their comfort zones, and carved, huge, huge under ground, caves; they carved their histories in these caves, laid eggs, and lived 'normal' lives. They lived off of other animal's that previously inhabited nearby underground burrows and such. The original breed of dragons, had long died out, their children's children, however, are very grown, some with very own children. When they broke through to the surface, they were introduced into a completely different world.

Story:

It is 100th annual meeting for the Elder council of Dragons. The event is called, The Festival of the Council; The Elder council of Dragons always puts together a festival while the meeting is actually going on. The Festival honors each and every dragon, young and old, for being alive and surviving the long await to reclaim the world. 100 years have passed since the 3rd generation of dragons left their hide out and entered the above world, facing all of its dangers. The world changed since dragons roamed freely; instead of open plains, high mountains, and beautiful oceans, they were greeted with fields of fire, ruins of buildings, human waste, and mutated animals. The Elder council of Dragons changed this bent world, as best as they could. They organized clean ups, they set up search parties for lost species, and they even managed to purify the oceans, in a small time frame of 50 years.

The Elder council of Dragons consisted of 8 dragons; four female, four male. The 8 dragons were supposedly the wisest and the greatest. King Dao, the first dragon ruler of the dragons who emerged from their hide out underground was the first leader of the dragons. The dragons followed a monarchy system, the first hatched dragon of the King or Queen would be destined to rule. At the time King Dao and his family were the only royals in the entire land, so if a child of royal descent would marry a non-royal then they and there children would still be able to rule. After King Dao V had died, having no children what so ever, his brother, Lee took over. King Lee began making horrible changes, killing much innocent dragons for little reasons, exiling them to. By the end of his first year as king, he had exiled 20% of his own kingdom, and had lowered the overall dragon population down by 10%. Eventually, around the second month during the second month of the second year of King Lee's rule, 8 dragon's organized a coup, to over throw the King. The coup was successful, and the Elder council of Dragons was created.

The Elder council of Dragons made tough decisions, but those decisions benefited the population greatly. The Elder council of Dragons would hand pick there successors after they have been on the council for 100 years. The Elder council of Dragons handle everything, from political, economic, social, and other types of problems. The current council consisted of; a Blusang Lindwurm, royal crimson, sunrise, swallow tail, water horse, soulpeace, canopy, and a golden wyvern dragon.

The Landscape of the current world was very different; several continents had changed dramatically, creating different shaped land masses. The dragons reside on a land mass known as Louro; A continent with large snow peaked mountains, large grasslands and large rivers that stretch very long distances.

Plot:

The world you and your generation, the 151st, were born into, was a very different world, from your ancestors and parents; the mountain ranges, even higher than before, the ocean's cleaner than ever. The land humans once occupied, completely cleansed, and cleared. The world was never beautifier. Attending the Festival of the Council, your parents tell you to relax with your age group while they attend the political part of the event. You hang out with some other dragons, when half way through the night you notice a large ruckus, coming from the Elder council room. You gaze in the direction and see dragons burst out, fighting and clawing each other. Suddenly, a group of Bleeding Moon Dragons burst into the sky, they raise their tails and shoot out barbs, you watch as it hits innocent dragons, fall to the ground, wincing from the pain. Fear strikes you as you realize that the struck dragons are paralyzed. Your parents are no where to be seen, what do you do?

Rules:

-All Dragon Cave forum rules apply here.

- No over powering, Mary or Gary Sues, and god modding your characters.

- Only Dragon Cave dragons are allowed.

- Keep mating and breeding PG 13. PM another user if you wish to breed with them.

- 7 sentence post and lower only. Please respect grammar and punctuation.

- If your dragon desires to fight an NPC do not have it kill/defeat every opponent it faces.

- If you plan on fighting another user's dragon PM them and decide what will happen.

- Do not Curse, there should be no need to. (Worlds liked "Damned" or "Hell" are allowed.)

- ONE dragon per user. If you have a Hatchling see special rules below.

- Rules are subject to change any time, watch over this section.

Special rules

- If you have a Hatchling, and its mother/father dies, then you are allowed to use it as your character. *If you original character has more than one offspring, choose one only.

- Do not use the following colors: Yellow or Gray. Hard to see colors are not allowed.

- If your dragon is going to die, it must have an offspring.

- You are allowed to pick your age group, depending on what you choose, you CAN grow to a fully grown dragon. *A large amount of real life days must pass before this can be accomplished. Please PM me if you plan on making it grown up.

- The following starting age groups are allowed: ungendered hatchling, and gendered hatchling.

-These rules are subject to change and be modified, please check this section regularly.

- You are permitted to use dragon's directly off of your scroll. (As I will be to!) Just do not over power it, god mode it, or mary/gary sue it.

- if you must come out of character, please follow this format:

(OoC: Message) Do not keep out of Character message more than two sentences. -If you abuse or get around or break the rules, your character will be 'killed' in the RP, and you will not be permitted to RP. You get a warning, a First offense, then a second offense, then a third offense. Third offense results in being removed from this RP.

-Only post apps when its time to post apps.

Apps should be PM'ed to me.

Apps for RP

App:

Scroll Link:

Forums Name:

Date:

Dragon's type:

Dragon's age group:

Dragon's name:

Picture of your dragon in its age group:

Example app:

App:

Scroll Link: http://dragcave.net/user/Speedicus

Forums Name: Speedicus

Date: 7/18/13

Dragon's type: Nebula, green.

Dragon's age group: Gendered Hatchling

Dragon's name: Drek Starsong

Picture of your dragon in its age group:

user posted image

===

Apps are only permitted when the title says ~open~ when it says ~Closed~ apps are not permitted.

===

Accepted apps:

-Doctortear: Dragon: Ebon Fade user posted image

-SpiritWolfe: Dragon: Lyra user posted image

-KoalaNoob: Dragon: Sintara

user posted image

-Ayesthine: Dragon: Loambreaker

user posted image

-Silverphoenixx: Dragon: Alteria

user posted image

-0023567467: Dragon: Cora

user posted image

===

Thread status:

Open for RP and apps.

===

Thanks to RP mods Walker and soupnazi for helping me out!

Edited by Speedicus

Hi! I'm soupnazi and I'll be doing some critique on your roleplay today.

All places where you use "there" should be "their". Make sure not to have the first letter after semicolons be capitalized.

The world was never beautifier.

"beautifier" should be "more beautiful".

You need more information on the geography of the setting of the roleplay, as well as more information on the government of the dragons.

Hi! I'm soupnazi and I'll be doing some critique on your roleplay today.

All places where you use "there" should be "their". Make sure not to have the first letter after semicolons be capitalized.

"beautifier" should be "more beautiful".

You need more information on the geography of the setting of the roleplay, as well as more information on the government of the dragons.

I edited it according to your critique, thanks for looking at it and helping me make it better biggrin.gif!

Alright, approved! Have fun roleplaying.

~Drekuser posted image

Drek gazed up, peering into the night sky. He was shocked that there was an attack, he couldn't even think clearly. He shook his head a few times and ran out of the festival, as fast as he could. Once he couldn't see the festival lights, he flapped his wings and began to fly back to his parent's cave.

Edited by Speedicus

Ebon roared in anger as a dragon next to him was pierced by a barb. The dragon gasped and fell to the ground where it laid still. What's going on? Where did these Bleeding Moons come from? Why are they attacking innocent dragons? Cursing under his breath, Ebon barreled past dragons as he tried to get away from the attackers. Edited by Doctortear

~Drekuser posted image

Drek noticed that the forest near the festival was quieter than normal. He thought to himself, this is odd; the forest always has noise coming from it. Most of the time there's always elderly dragons strolling about. Drek diverted his own path home to go check out the forest. He landed on top of a nearby tree. Something sticky was on another tree nearby, a blackish purply liquid. He was curious, being himself he touched it; A sudden jolt of pain flew up his limbs and in a matter of seconds he passed out.

Edited by Speedicus

More and more fell to the Bleeding Moons as Ebon charged past the screaming crowd. Where was the council? Why weren't they doing anything? Ebon bursted into the woods and continued to run. He didn't stop until he noticed black purple liquid oozing from the tree branches. That doesn't look safe to touch; I better keep my distance. Ebon continued to wander around the woods aimlessly. Edited by Doctortear

~Drekuser posted image

Drek awoke, confused and in pain. He hadn't been out long it seemed. It probably had been 10 minutes are so. Drek remembered that his father told him that he always was a strong dragon, a little hard headed to, this probably is why he was out for such a little amount of time. Drek managed to get to his feet and hop over to a different tree top, he thought he heard a big body shuffling nearby, he called out Hello? Who is there!

Edited by Speedicus

Ebon shot his head up. Someone was calling down to him, someone that was young; probably a hatchling. "What's it to you?" Ebon snarled back. He wasn't the kindest of people. In fact, Ebon was more on the aggressive side. He didn't like loud people, children, relatives, and overall kept to himself. Edited by Doctortear

~Drekuser posted image

Drek heard the voice reply to him, his stomach clenched. He thought what if it is a bleeding moon dragon? He moved to another tree top limping, barely making it onto the next tree. He could see a large speckled wing. He sighed, thinking at least it was not a Bleeding moon! He leaped to the tree the dragon was under, almost hitting more of the blackish purple liquid. He said: My name is Drek! Please help me, I cannot fly, my wings are coated in this goo!

Oh great, a hatchling. Ebon didn't have time to deal with this. "Don't you have someone to take care of you?" Ebon growled at the hatchling. "Go bother them! I don't have time for this." Ebon turned to leave the hatchling in the tree. Edited by Doctortear

~Drekuser posted image

Drek jumped in front of the dragon as he started to walk away, he was a Seragamma Wyvern. Drek thought to himself: This guy is mean, he probably will feed me to the vampire dragons... But he's my only hope of surviving this.. this goo. My parents were in the council room alongside a few other parent dragons, I haven't seen them, please your the only dragon I've seen since I left the festival, my wings don't work, I'm tired and those bleeding moon dragons will be coming here soon I bet! Drek replied, hoping this dragon would aid him.

Edited by Speedicus

Ebon stopped and lashed his tail. He didn't care for hatchlings and this one in particular was getting on his nerves. He could just leave the hatchling alone and let the Bleeding Moons get it. But, what if it grew up and went in search of him? Ebon didn't need anyone else trying to kill him. Sighing, Ebon turned around. "Fine, what do you need help with ?" Edited by Doctortear

~Drekuser posted image

Drek's eyes opened up widely, his mouth formed a crooked smile. My wings, sir, there covered in this goop, can you help me get it off, it's burning terribly, and may I ask of your name? Drek asked the stranger hoping he would be more generous and help him out.

Edited by Speedicus

Ebon walked over to the hatchling and scowled. This goop didn't look like the best thing to touch. There was a stream nearby, maybe Ebon could get this hatchling to the stream so he could wash the oily substance away. "My name's Ebon, but that's none of your business. " Ebon snarled, "Come along, I know where we can wash this stuff off."

~Drekuser posted image

Drek's smile widened when Ebon offered to help him. Thanks, Ebon. That's a nice name you have there. Drek talked to Ebon as he followed him. Drek thought, this guy seems awfully nice, I wonder why he doesn't like kids.

Edited by Speedicus

user posted image

Lyra snarled at the attacking Bleeding Moon dragons, breaking into a run for the safety of the dark woods. She dodged around the frightened dragons, putting an extra burst of energy into her straining legs. Nearly there Lyra, you can make it! You have too... She bounded across a flat stretch of grass that separated the area of the festival from the forest, desperation lending her strength. Suddenly, a large Bleeding Moon dropped silently to the ground in front of her, bringing her to a jarring halt. Panicked, Lyra lunged forward and aimed a series of bites and scratches at the vulnerable parts on the dragon's head, but her opponent simply raised its barbed tail and trailed it lightly across her shoulder. At first Lyra thought that the wound was too small to be fatal, but then a horrible burning sensation ripped down the length of her arm, causing her to drop to the ground and convulse in painful spasms. Satisfied, the Bleeding Moon took to the air again, leaving Lyra alone and helpless. She struggled to stay conscious as the corners of her vision faded to black, screaming at the top of her lungs. Lyra desperately hoped that someone would be able to hear her.

(OoC: Too bright?

EDIT: I'll just use this color.)

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Ebon held back a hiss as Drek mentioned him having a nice name. If he knew just why he was named Ebon, he wouldn't be so joyful about it. It took a few minutes of searching, but finally, Ebon was able to locate the stream. He padded over to the edge and sat down. "Dip you wings in there." Ebon commanded,

((OOC: A little, but its not too bad.))

Edited by Doctortear

~Drekuser posted image

Drek jumped into the stream that Ebon had led him to. His wings felt relived, his smile widened even more! He began to come out of the stream when suddenly a piercing scream snarled him. He tripped over a rock and fell backwards, staying under the surface of the water for a few minutes before popping up. He said to Ebon; What was that?! He flew out of the stream, landing next to Ebon.

((OOC: Fine on my eyes, could be a tad darker though.))

Edited by Speedicus

'Someone else screaming, obviously. " Ebon snorted. I'm going to check it out. You can do whatever you want. " With that, Ebon bounded away towards the shrieking. It was loud and unbearably annoying. Ebon turned and corner to see a Gold hatchling screaming her head off. "Keep quiet, will you? " Ebon snarled as he neared the hatchling.

~Drekuser posted image

Drek watched as Ebon left him. Drek thought to himself; Man, I didn't even get to say good bye! Drek flapped his wings and flew out of the forest, heading homeward. While flying out of the forest he noticed a Bleeding Moon dragon flying in front of him. He squinted his young eyes and saw a the bleeding moon was heading in the same direction as himself, the desert. Great.. He thought to himself. He turned back around and was going to rest in the forest, but he noticed Ebon looming over a small golden figure, he flew down curious as to what happened. Who's this Ebon? Your girl friend? Drek said while laughing

Edited by Speedicus

Oh, so he thinks he's being a smart alec, eh? "I can leave her to die if you want." Ebon snapped at the pesky green hatchling. "I don't have to help her; you can try and figure out how pull this needle out if you'd like." This little lizard was annoying. Ebon would gladly walk away and let him handle the situation. It wasn't like Ebon cared what happened to the Gold.

user posted image

Lyra's cries of pain dwindled to a frightened whimper as she realized two dragons - a Green Nebula and Seragamma Wyvern - were standing beside her and arguing with each other. She couldn't make out what they were saying because the only thing she could hear was her blood pounding through her ears. She narrowed her eyes in concentration and her limbs trembled with the effort, but she managed to raise her head and make her voice just loud enough to be heard. "Would you two please stop dawdling and actually help me?" With those sharp words and a motherly look of sternness in her brilliant emerald eyes, Lyra dropped into unconsciousness.

Ebon narrowed his eyes and growled at the Gold. It passed out before he could say anything and Ebon hissed. "I'll take her to the stream to wash this off, but I'm down with both of you after that." Ebon hissed. He picked up the Gold in his mouth and trotted over to the stream. He didn't care if Drek followed him or not, Ebon didn't plan to stick with the lizard. Ebon stopped at the river, pulled out the barb, and dunk the Gold into it; letting the poison drift into the water. Ebon sat down and sighed; this was not the best of days. Edited by Doctortear

Sign in to follow this