Speedicus

The Return ~Open~

user posted image

Lyra nodded in greeting to Drek, smiling as he handed her a fish. "Thank you!" she exclaimed around huge mouthfuls of the fish. "I haven't eaten in ages!" She ravenously gulped down the last of the fish and looked up, but realized with surprise that Drek wasn't there anymore. Where has he gone? Without hesitation, Lyra decided to follow him, to test her tracking skills. The young Gold dragon set off to work, walked along the Green Nebula's fresh scent trail. She found that she was heading towards the desert, and began to murmur to herself, "Oh, he's going to the desert-" She broke off abruptly as she heard a strangled scream, not too far ahead. Immediately, Lyra crouched behind a large sand dune, hoping that her golden scales would blend in with the pale sand. What? She couldn't help but to gasp out loud. Those nasty Bleeding Moons keep prisoners, too? Lyra contemplated whether or not she should go down to save him. Well, he gave me a fish, she decided matter-of-factly as she slunk slowly down the slope.

((OOC I gues I'm not staying then?))

Alteria stopped once she realized that the green had gone back into the tunnel.She decided to follow the big Seragamma instead.At first,he just sat there growling at the trees. Then he went to talk to this tiny dragon.'The tiny dragon seems interesting. Maybe I'll follow her.' So Alteria followed the little dragon to this lake.She couldn't see anything from the position she was in, and she had to land to get a closer look.'Where did that little dragon go to? I can't see anything.' Alteria thought.She then determinedly searched every place possible until she found a little space between the trees.

Inside the space there was a little village.It was very well hidden, and the little dragon was inside it!

Sintara basked in the warm sunshine inside her village. Then a new scent appeared. That wasn't right. Sintara got up and faced the dragon. "What are you doing here? This is MY place, and it's a secret. You can't tell ANYONE, or I'll track you down and kill you. It won't be hard." to prove her point, Sintara leaped into the forest and returned with a dead rabbit.

"I could easily fight back too, you know. And don't worry I won't tell anyone. I just wanted to make friends with new dragons." Alteria said.

Sintara nodded curtly. "Alright then. That cave is where I sleep." Sintara pointed to the cave. "I put lots of rabbit's ear moss, so it's really soft. There's also a natural flow of water that emerges through a crack in the wall and into a small stone basin I put in the ground. There's an emergency supply of food hidden in a niche too. Those little tents are where I store food, herbs, and other supplies. I live here. You are welcome to stay for a while, as long as you DON'T TELL ANYONE ELSE." Sintara's tone softened. "From now on, it can be our secret place instead of just mine. I'll make another nest for you."

"Thanks!"Alteria said and tried to hug Sintara as best as she could with her wings." Do you want me to help gather moss?" Alteria asked.

"I have plenty. That hut is filled with supplies. Are you going to go back to your parents? Or live here like I do?"

"Neither do I. We can live and survive together. Sorry if I'm not good with other dragons. What do you eat? I'll start making your nest in a second."

"Some fish would be good."Alteria replied."And I don't mind. I think you're really nice!"

"I don't eat fish, so I'm not sure, but I think there's a pretty big stream where you can fish behind the supply tents."

Sintara padded into a tent, collecting a large mouthful of moss and deposited it inside the cave. "Would you like your nest to have a bramble or bracken frame?"

"I'll go hunt for some then.I don't really know the difference, whichever is better for you."Alteria said."I'll be going now, anything you want me to gather?"

"We're fully stocked with equipment for a few days. Catch some extra fish to store and to dry. I'll explain my question: would you like your nest neat, but with something stiff at the border, or messy and spilling everywhere, but with nothing uncomfortable?"

"I'd rather have a comfortable nest. I'm going now, I won't be gone for too long though."and with that, Alteria took off towards the river she was at before she found the village. After catching some fish and eating them, she made sure to carry as much extra as she could hold before heading back.

By the time Alteria was back, Sintara had already made Sintara her nest, and was just finishing setting up the drying racks.

"Wow! That's a lot of fish! I set up a few drying racks-" Sintara pointed a paw to the five little tables made of sticks with a rack tied together with strong grass and propped up by larger sticks-"so you just have to get the organs out of the fish, and we can dry them. You can eat whatever you want."

"Okay! I'll start that now. I can probably finish just before night."Alteria said."And you don't have to worry about getting fish all the time. Seaweed is good too."Alteria then began to cut the fish open.

"I'll go collect some seaweed right now. And don't make the fish too messy. Either gut them whole, in half, or cut them into strips."

When Sintara found seaweed, she realized that she wouldn't be able to reach it without going under. And she hated water. She could barely swim. Well, this sucks, she thought. Finding a sharrp stone, she attached it to a strong stick with some strong grass. Putting it into the water, she used it to slice the seaweed at the bottom, but not at the roots so it would keep growing. Every time she cut a piece, she had to go and grab the floating seaweed from drifting away in the current. It was very tedious. This is annoying. There must be some easier way... Maybe if there was a way to catch the floating seaweed... That's it! Collecting up the harvested seaweed, she snatched the stick with the rock and rushed back to the village.

By the time Sintara returned, Alteria had already finished. She was surprisingly good at it and had even arranged the pieces into pretty patterns to pass the time."What are you doing?"Asked Alteria.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

"I'm going to make a mesh net from some wool and strong grass. It'll make seaweed harvesting a lot easier." Sintara dropped the seaweed in front of Alteria. "Would you rather have this water stored, dried, or roasted? Whatever you choose, help me get some more fire-dried wood to add to the charcoal. You have to use fire to dry meat."

"I would prefer roasted, but anything is fine. And by the way, I can help with your chores that require flying long distances or swimming."Alteria replied."Where is the firewood anyway?"She asked.

"It's in that tent. I'll take half the seaweed for water-storage. It preserves it for a longer time. While you get the wood, can you get the wool and the grass as well?"

Sintara seperated the seaweed, putting the clean seaweed that was on the top of the pile on a drying rack. Picking up the rest, she took it into the food storage room and put it in the water storage container, where the only other things inside were a rocks, some sand and dirt, and water. Returning to the drying racks, she realized that Alteria had brought everything out. "Arange the seaweed onto more racks, then put the wood in the stone circles. I'll bring some fire when you finish."

Edited by KoalaNoob

Alteria decided that her forelegs wouldn't carry enough, so she went over to the tent and piled everything on to her back using her tail.She then used her forelegs to slither along the ground to where Sintara was.

Alteria started to arrange the seaweed while placing the wood in the circle with her tail.

Sintara saw Alteria arranging the seaweed and wood at once. She's good at multitasking, she thought. Well, I'd better get to work. Picking up some of the wool, Sintara pulled it into a strong string. Doing the same to the rest of the wool, she laid it in strips, the began to weave it together, and tying it with the grass. Soon, she had a large web of wool.