hazeh

Mark'd [OOC thread]

Mark'd

This here is the Out Of Character thread for members participating in the above mentioned roleplay, Mark'd. Anyone is welcomed to post here about the roleplay, even if you are not apart of the roleplay. If you wish to discuss anything that pertains to the roleplay, including questions, observations, or simply lurking for the fun of it, please feel free to post here.

Members, please do not post OOC comments in the main thread. If you have something you wish to make a note of about a certain character, either PM the character's owner or discuss it here. This goes to mean that I need every person involved in the roleplay to keep up with the OOC as well.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

I might lurk a bit :3 I don't lurk many threads I'm not in but this kind of sounds interesting to me. I don't outright know if I'll be joining at any point [given the inconsistency of post activity that college causes for me] but I'm hoping that keeping a tab on this thread will help me answer that question. I bid you luck in a thriving RP smile.gif

Oh, well thank you! You're more than welcome to lurk and talk to us about the roleplay, even if you're not apart of it. c: And I totally understand, college has me buckled under not roleplay-friendly schedule :<

Sent in my application. Sorry for posting in the IC thread - I hadn't noticed the OOC one.

Sent in my application. Sorry for posting in the IC thread - I hadn't noticed the OOC one.

That's totally alright! I realized that I made it a little inconspicuous. c:

And klinneah, I'd be pleased to have you!

Oh good, seems like we're starting to take off. biggrin.gif

Jaaaccccccc, post! /bludgeons with a stick

You can have as many as you feel you can handle c:

Sorry it took me so long to respond, guys. Been having a rough time on my end, but hoping with summer (or winter for the southern hemisphere folks) just around the corner, I'll have more time to dedicate to the roleplay. ^^;

*decides to lurk* The RP itself seems interesting, except I lack the experience to pull off a lit. post xd.png

Oh, well thank you! You're always welcome to lurk and talk to us about it.

And oh, I'm sure you would do just fine. You don't need walls of posts like what I and the others do. Cx You seem like a talented writer, I'd be thrilled to have you~!

The secret to posting something long like we all do is to stretch the post with detailed thoughts and descriptions of surroundings. If you can develop a character to the point where you know them inside and out and can write their thoughts as easily as your own, you'll have no trouble at all. If you haven't yet gotten to that point, it's fine. Plus, it's not every day when people are inspired. There are some days where all I can write is, "OMG. I'm so tired, blargblarg!" So yeah. Don't worry about it, though. If you want to join, I'm sure you'll be able to make a wonderful post.

So uh, are the Marks always the same design, or are they different for each person?

Are only intelligent races Mark'd or are there sometimes wild animals who are found with Marks?

Is it definitely inherited? Like, does it pass down directly from Mark'd parent to child or are sometimes babies apparently randomly born with Marks? Can a Mark'd parent have offspring who are not Mark'd?

Yeah I was curious. >_>;

I can answer your second question...

No. Ophelia's sister (the name is not coming to me at the moment) got Mark'd from sucking the blood out of a mouse (or was it a rat...?) that was Mark'd so that she could save it from dying of a snake bite.

Edited by Mousia

So uh, are the Marks always the same design, or are they different for each person?

Are only intelligent races Mark'd or are there sometimes wild animals who are found with Marks?

Is it definitely inherited? Like, does it pass down directly from Mark'd parent to child or are sometimes babies apparently randomly born with Marks? Can a Mark'd parent have offspring who are not Mark'd?

Yeah I was curious. >_>;

No they are not c: They differ from each person, and can be found on different parts of the body, though there should always at least be a little part of it on the right side of the face somewhere. The Marks can also spread over the skin over time in those that have contracted the Mark, but not those who were born Mark'd. (Theirs stay the same their entire life. They also rarely suffer from seizures/ physical spasms, unlike those who contract it)

Anything that lives can be Mark'd other than plants. c:

It is definitely inherited, yes. Any Mark'd who reproduces will produce Mark'd offspring, and children are not randomly Mark'd (as it becomes fused into their genetic material) at conception/birth. However, their offspring are not ALWAYS Mark'd- it is rare for them to produce clean offspring, though this chance is very low, and virtually nonexistent when two Mark'd beings reproduce.

The only ways to become Mark'd now are to somehow ingest or consume Mark'd blood or to have a biological parent who is Mark'd.

@Mousia: It was a rabbit xd.png And her name is Naomi c:

@Haze: It's a rodent, so that's close (I guess...not really). Oh. I see. That's why it seemed familiar. I have a cousin with that name.