love_HP

Killing the cave blocker eggs

Searched but didn't find (pls let me know if there's a similar topic)

A few minutes ago I noticed that many dead eggs were in EATW, and all of them are "cave blocker" species.

Although I can't be sure if someone is mass killing cave blocker eggs on purpose (EATW refreshed too quickly, before I could click on the eggs) I'm sure there are people doing it.

Personally I don't like it. sad.gif

But "a few breeds blocking AP&cave" remains a problem ever since I'm first here in 2010 or 2011.

So what do you think?

I would like to guess neglected experiments.

There's no point putting a dead egg onto a hatch site otherwise.

well id surely hope people arent killing them to get them out of the way that would be depressing ;-;

I know I kill them all the time. Earthquakes, Bites, and kills just to get them out of the way pile up.

I haven't killed anything recently though--Bite rates are excellent and my Earthquakes aren't doing anything.

Unless you have a lot of people doing it it's not a very effective method for AP clearing. After all, the eggs take up a slot for 24 hours and you can only kill so many every few weeks.

This happened a lot when people could Earthquake eggs with no penalty, but since those kills now take up a spot for 24 hours that practice has stopped, for the most part.

Solution: Make all eggs golds and silvers until people get their fill of them. Make all common eggs extremely rare and extraordinarily difficult to breed. Everyone shall be sick of those "rares" now.

Or well, on a more serious note... what to do indeed? I seems that cave blockers are the norm and that they'll always be there - we had them when alt blacks and vines came out, and now we have them for commons (actually, we have always had them for commons). What can you do? There doesn't seem much, but to collect them. >.> Or leave them to rot. If people want to kill them, it's almost no biggy... since there are so many more.

There's really no point in killing blocker eggs, since the ratios balance the number of commons to the number of rares. (Say, 10 metals for every 90 commons. Entirely hypothetical numbers.) Killing them takes a spot on your scroll and another blocker shows up in some corner of the cave. It's a better waste of time if you take a blocker for 24 hours and not kill it - because then you'd end up with a 6d egg (5d, if you incubate) and it's that much closer to being an adorable (????) little hatching.

Blockers intrigue me, though. Mints used to be blockers until someone decided to hoard them. (I assume. You don't often see a wall of them, so something must've happened.) Balloons, too. Stuff will always block the cave, but it's really just a question of what.

There's really no point in killing blocker eggs, since the ratios balance the number of commons to the number of rares. (Say, 10 metals for every 90 commons. Entirely hypothetical numbers.) Killing them takes a spot on your scroll and another blocker shows up in some corner of the cave. It's a better waste of time if you take a blocker for 24 hours and not kill it - because then you'd end up with a 6d egg (5d, if you incubate) and it's that much closer to being an adorable (????) little hatching.

Blockers intrigue me, though. Mints used to be blockers until someone decided to hoard them. (I assume. You don't often see a wall of them, so something must've happened.) Balloons, too. Stuff will always block the cave, but it's really just a question of what.

Pretty much this.

Personally, I think that we should split the AP into two areas - one for lower time eggs and one for newly abandoned eggs (instead of the current switching that's happening now), and then extend the cave drops to anywhere from 8-10 minutes, have tiny drops at :15, :30, and :45 and then give up on the idea of having the AP be clear.

That way it will clear when it does, people can still have some access to CBs when it doesn't, and no one will feel compelled to kill blockers which, as Xylene pointed out, ultimately does nothing and holds a scroll spot for a day.

Solution: Make all eggs golds and silvers until people get their fill of them. Make all common eggs extremely rare and extraordinarily difficult to breed. Everyone shall be sick of those "rares" now.

I agree! That would totally work, trust me. I'm sure that in about three and a half months, I'll cry violently and lose my lunch when I see ANOTHER CB Gold or Silver, ugh! *faaail, but I had to tag along - this made me laugh*

I know at least four people personally that were trying multiple ND experiments on their scrolls so it's most likely a mixture of failed ones and the like. Personally I'm not seeing any more dead eggs than usual, and since there is even an "official" ND experiment thread on here, people are always trying it.

I highly doubt anyone is mass killing cave blockers. The dead eggs were probably just failed neglected dragons, maybe more than one person was ERing their ND tries around the same time.

As to cave blockers themselves, the are a few suggestions floating around in Suggestions. But...certain dragons blocking the cave has pretty much always been a thing. Back when i was new it was blacks and vines.

Agree with the ND theory.

Plenty of people are trying them atm.

I helped with several lots earlier today.

Back when black eggs were the blockers, I made a hatchling army, and a story to go with them (like scouts, they're good little ones, doing chores and helping out).

I also made some rather silly names, so when you went down my scroll, there'd be a sort of conversation.

It was all lost, when I was inactive, of course, but I might just start it up again.

Whatever eggs are blocking now, I suggest you all go forth and make hatchling armies of your own. smile.gif

I pick up those type for neglected experiments myself.

I fail regularly. This time i'm using cave born as the abandoned was rife with unspecifically timed eggs (not at 7 days)

I take them to use as neglected experiments, too... which in-universe is probably crueler than killing the egg. rolleyes.gifKilling blockers takes up a spot on one's scroll for a week, so I don't see the point of doing so when it's more efficient to let them hatch. Edit: D'oh. Not a week, 24 hours. But it's still not worth the slot, I think.

Edited by dirtytabs

I take them to use as neglected experiments, too... which in-universe is probably crueler than killing the egg. rolleyes.gif Killing blockers takes up a spot on one's scroll for a week, so I don't see the point of doing so when it's more efficient to let them hatch.

They take up a slot for a day, not a week.

But yeah, it would block the cave again anyway so no point in killing them unless you have a reason to.

here are some ways that people could kill eggs

1.earthquake

2.neg experiment

3.bite

4.smashing eggs

5.forgetting them

6.letting them die

and also i can NEVER get into the cave im getting sick of it

That's what I heard when I was here in 2010/2011.

Killing doesn't make much sense for the ratio stays the same, and another blockers will be produced.