kiffren

Pokemon General Discussion

RBY

3DS DOWNLOADS

2/27/16

WHO ELSE IS SUPER EXCITED HOLY CRAP

I heard about this as well, wonder if the game play will be the same as the originals and if they are going to add the mega-evolution things to it. I kind of lean towards sticking to the original game play but I can understand why they, if they do, would change it up

I heard about this as well, wonder if the game play will be the same as the originals and if they are going to add the mega-evolution things to it. I kind of lean towards sticking to the original game play but I can understand why they, if they do, would change it up

They won't be adding anything. They're not remakes, they're just digital versions of the first gen games. Standard virtual console stuff.

They will, however, include the ability to use IR in place of a link cable, thus keeping the battle and trade capabilities of the games intact. Which makes me very happy~

Have fun going to play them one day and finding all save data is gone and being unable to save your data ever again unless you open it up and replace the battery.  Which is a very delicate thing that can easily result in accidental damage to the game which can make it impossible to replace the battery in such a way that it actually works.

I, meanwhile, will be happily playing my childhood favorites without fear that I'll be unable to save progress ever again.

I'll still probably cry the day I go to play one of my physical copies and find all the data's gone.  It'll be awesome to have digital versions that won't suffer that, but it'll still be sad.

I've already cried over my blue cart. RIP Wartortle, RIP GS super Pikachu, RIP corrupted Hall of Fame full of Missingno-like creatures that all sounded like Zapdos. :')

Wonder if they're keeping in all the glitches too. Cinnabar Island, anyone?

Edited by Lythiaren

Wonder if they're keeping in all the glitches too. Cinnabar Island, anyone?

I hope so. As many Rare Candies and Master Balls as you want was awesome. (Except when you accidentally cloned your bike and your town map while doing it.) Also lvl 100+ Pokemon. And the Mew glitch.

They won't be adding anything. They're not remakes, they're just digital versions of the first gen games. Standard virtual console stuff.

They will, however, include the ability to use IR in place of a link cable, thus keeping the battle and trade capabilities of the games intact. Which makes me very happy~

Ah, I see. That is exciting then ^^ It will be nice to be able to play the first gen games. Never had the chance when I was little =P

Ah, I see. That is exciting then ^^ It will be nice to be able to play the first gen games. Never had the chance when I was little =P

They're pretty great for what they were at the time. It's really amazing how far the series as come and how much it's evolved over the years (...wow I can almost say decades)

They're pretty great for what they were at the time.  It's really amazing how far the series as come and how much it's evolved over the years (...wow I can almost say decades)

That is true, it has changed quite a bit since their first release ^^ And yeah...wow almost decades, didn't even realize that til now.

I hope so. As many Rare Candies and Master Balls as you want was awesome. (Except when you accidentally cloned your bike and your town map while doing it.) Also lvl 100+ Pokemon. And the Mew glitch.

I've always wanted to try the Mew glitch. wub.gif

Hi guys!

I'm a bit late jumping on this thread...my son got me into Pokemon laugh.gifrolleyes.gif and I'm currently trying to complete the pokedex...

Have you all seen the news that this year is Pokemon 20th anniversary and they are giving free downloads each month? thumbs_up.png

Apologies if you haven't and I'm only just telling you! rolleyes.gif

Info is Here

I'm kinda being uber cheeky here, I've just found out that the May giveaway (darkrai) is from GameStop, and apparently there aren't any in the uk so I can't get the download! mad.gif I'll be honest, I have a darkrai so could live without if need be...but later in the year are others (ESP arceous in August!) that I really wouldn't want to miss out on! unsure.gif

So, would anyone living in an area with a GameStop consider possibly gifting me a code please? Or I could offer something as a trade?

Thank you in advance!! wub.gifthumbs_up.png

cirruspuss, in the UK they're distributed at GAME stores smile.gif Which leads me to being a bit cheeky in return - I've recently moved to a US region with my EU games and systems, meaning I can't get the codes myself - would you (or anyone else in a EU region) be willing to pick me up 2 codes (one for myself, one for my boyfriend)?

they are?? oh fab news thank you!

of course, id be more than happy to pick you a couple up laugh.gif might be weekend before i can go, but will be sure to let you know them asap biggrin.gif

same goes to anyone else who cant access the codes...my local game store is used to me going in at various times asking for 4 or more codes, i think they think im an obsessed fan or something (not denying it xd.png ) i would have checked there first if it hadnt speified gamestop on the blooming website! rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

the shiny xerneas mystery gift event is now live today for north america residents!

the event will run from today until may 17, allowing you one week to grab it - it's currently the only legitimate way of receiving xerneas in its shiny form! to get it, start your game and go to mystery gift > receive gift > get via internet.

after this event ends, shiny yveltal will become available in the same way from may 20th to may 26th.

cirruspuss, in the UK they're distributed at GAME stores smile.gif Which leads me to being a bit cheeky in return - I've recently moved to a US region with my EU games and systems, meaning I can't get the codes myself - would you (or anyone else in a EU region) be willing to pick me up 2 codes (one for myself, one for my boyfriend)?

sorry for the delay!

i sent you a couple of codes, check your pm box smile.gif

btw, soooo not happy sad.gif no way for us here in the uk to get shiny xerneas or yvetal! mad.gifhuh.gif unless anyone knows how it could be done? pwetty pwease? wink.gif

Edited by cirruspuss

btw, soooo not happy sad.gif no way for us here in the uk to get shiny xerneas or yvetal! mad.gifhuh.gif unless anyone knows how it could be done? pwetty pwease? wink.gif

I wish I had internet at home, then I could send you the double Shiny Xerneas I have through a trade. I haven't had a chance to head over to my friend's to grab the Yveltal yet, but I'll try to grab a double of that one too.

the shiny xerneas mystery gift event is now live today for north america residents!

the event will run from today until may 17, allowing you one week to grab it - it's currently the only legitimate way of receiving xerneas in its shiny form! to get it, start your game and go to mystery gift > receive gift > get via internet.

after this event ends, shiny yveltal will become available in the same way from may 20th to may 26th.

Ugh. Wish I had known this sooner. I missed Xerneas sad.gif

Guess I've getting Yvetal then!

And let's hope I don't miss the chance to get Darkrai from Gamestop. Only one more day left blink.gif

according to this post on serebii, some shiny xerneas distributions are going on at gamestops in sweden, norway & finland! it doesn't say when the event will end, but only that the codes themselves expire at the end of the year. zygarde is also available in europe over the nintendo network, which is the same one that was given away in both japan and the us.

Ugh. Wish I had known this sooner. I missed Xerneas sad.gif

Guess I've getting Yvetal then!

And let's hope I don't miss the chance to get Darkrai from Gamestop. Only one more day left blink.gif

to be perfectly honest, I almost didn't get Xerneas at all. i found out the day before it ended thanks to a youtube video. I was going over to my friend's house anyway and picked them up using his wifi.

does anyone have any unused codes from the may newsletter? mine hasn't come yet and i really want the legendary birds....

does anyone have any unused codes from the may newsletter? mine hasn't come yet and i really want the legendary birds....

No, sorry! I would've if I wasn't so greedy, but most people are greedy, so. . . yea

But, do you want a shiny leafeon? Does anyone want a shiny leafeon?

Once I get it, anyways. . .

Uuugh. I really don't like that they seem to be moving towards more code events, instead of less of those in favour of wifi distributions. Not everyone can get a code, and yeah not everyone can get the wifi events either but there's a much, MUCH higher amount of people who can get them... the motto is "gotta catch 'em all", then allow everyone to catch 'em all!

/rant :V

The "Gotta Catch 'Em All" motto has pretty much always never existed, since we've always had event-only Pokemon. Pokemon species only obtainable through events such as codes, wi-fi, etc. is something I've always strongly disagreed with since the day I started Pokemon.

I agree on the abundance of code events, I've found myself going to four separate Gamestops to get the cards I needed because many of them have a limit of 1 card per customer. Fortunately, I've found one that will give me as many as I need, so I can go there in a pinch.

I missed Zygarde and Xerneas, fortunately I picked up Shiny Yveltal today for OR and X. I've been so focused on getting the legendaries given away each month for the 20th anniversary that I forget to look for regular events too. laugh.gif

No, sorry! I would've if I wasn't so greedy, but most people are greedy, so. . . yea

But, do you want a shiny leafeon? Does anyone want a shiny leafeon?

Once I get it, anyways. . .

I never even heard of the thing for getting the three birds. I'm really annoyed that the only way to get them was by beating X or Y and running around until you ran into it and then had to run into it a begillion more times before cornering it in a cave. Like seriously why?

*ears twitch* Did someone say shiny? I'd love a shiny. :3

I'm off to go get a bunch of Darkrai codes!

Hopefully, I can get my 4 and 2 for my younger brothers...

Got them! So happy ^-^

They came on receipts this time though instead of cards?? Well okay then xd.png

Edited by Clya