7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

I caught 3 shinies yesterday, all with fish chaining. However, god knows how many charmanders i bred so far.

Hatched a shiny Scatterbug and Gastly today. It was a good day. Now if only the Gibles would cooperate.

Pokerus is a "disease" that spreads to pokemon by either battling them in the wild or by being next to an infected (and still contagious) pokemon in party. It doubles EVs gained from battle, including EXP share, effectively cutting EV training time in half.

It's highly recommended if you EV train using the horde method, which is many times faster than Super Training, though it doesn't yield useful items.

How do you get it?

Either catching a poke with it or trade one for it. I can trade you one, i know that ice pokemon that looks like a turtle , has it most of the time. I got like 4 of them with it lol, then infected my pokes annd box them, Once you get one , you can keep it forever with infecting other pokes.

My question is how people get high IV Legendaries . o.O

Edited by rayheart

Just remember to put it back in the box when you've finished infecting stuff, if somehow it wears off on all your infected pokemon (the EV doubling effect stays permanently, by "wears off" I actually mean "stops being contagious") you will need to acquire a new contagious pokemon to resume infecting stuff. It never wears off on pokemon in the box, though, so what I recommend is getting one infected pokemon, putting it on 3-4 other pokemon that you rarely use, and keeping them in the box in case you accidentally leave one in your party for long enough for it to stop infecting.

I mean, it happens. Sometimes you might save while you're infecting some new pokemon, close your system, forget you had "patient zero" in your party, and go to bed. By keeping multiple infectious pokemon in your box at all times, you minimize the inconvenience of waking up to find that your whole party has traded their Pokerus tags for pink smiley faces. However, it's not super necessary since if you've got a few infected pokemon it's very unlikely you'll ever run out of pokerus spreaders since it only ever wears off on things in party.

EDIT: High IV legendaries in gen 6 have been almost entirely from soft resetting, iirc. I know the OT of my 6IV Xerneas actually documented it out of sheer boredom while he was doing it.

Edited by Lythiaren

Just remember to put it back in the box when you've finished infecting stuff, if somehow it wears off on all your infected pokemon (the EV doubling effect stays permanently, by "wears off" I actually mean "stops being contagious") you will need to acquire a new contagious pokemon to resume infecting stuff. It never wears off on pokemon in the box, though, so what I recommend is getting one infected pokemon, putting it on 3-4 other pokemon that you rarely use, and keeping them in the box in case you accidentally leave one in your party for long enough for it to stop infecting.

I mean, it happens. Sometimes you might save while you're infecting some new pokemon, close your system, forget you had "patient zero" in your party, and go to bed. By keeping multiple infectious pokemon in your box at all times, you minimize the inconvenience of waking up to find that your whole party has traded their Pokerus tags for pink smiley faces. However, it's not super necessary since if you've got a few infected pokemon it's very unlikely you'll ever run out of pokerus spreaders since it only ever wears off on things in party.

EDIT: High IV legendaries in gen 6 have been almost entirely from soft resetting, iirc. I know the OT of my 6IV Xerneas actually documented it out of sheer boredom while he was doing it.

I better do that then, i still have my roamer birdie and the ugly snake thing.

How do people get level 100 houndor when it evole in to houmdom?

You can stop evolving tongue.gif with spamming b or a cant remember which.

How do people get level 100 houndor when it evole in to houmdom?

Just give the Houndour an Everstone. It won't evolve as long as it's holding it.

SRed Moltres, got bored after i got 4 IV one. Time to WT my fail charmanders :/.

I'm tring to register everyone on my DS, but it says I'm not online when I know I am. I'm at the library but...it still won't let me do it sad.gif

I'm tring to register everyone on my DS, but it says I'm not online when I know I am. I'm at the library but...it still won't let me do it sad.gif

It happens alot.png, just keep trying.

It happens alot.png, just keep trying.

It says I/m currently offline when I'm connected to the interent

I've tried getting on the Internet on my 3DS before, though it never works for me, even though I have an Internet connection at home.

I wish I had Internet on my 3DS for the Friend Safari. I'm forever alone on it. ;-;

So, it isn't rare. More uncommon.

I really want to trade for a foreign Ditto so I can get a shiny Froakie sad.gif

I really want to trade for a foreign Ditto so I can get a shiny Froakie sad.gif

Well they could have it blocked like at school it would let me connect to the internet but not do anything else it was weird

It says I/m currently offline when I'm connected to the interent

It could be because of the DNS, some of the countries and their internet can not be seen by Ds, that happened to me and i changed my DNS in DS so i could connect.

Thats what i did to connect.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/ap...ge-dns-settings

I traded my lvl 75 Greninja which had like no IVs at all ( starter one) with Pokerus for a lvl 86 Yveltal. xd.png and traded my shiny magicarp for a shiny mienfoo. and now traded my shiny goldeen for a shiny croagunk lol. I can always fish chain those water pokes. smile.gif Now need to trade my shiny poliwhirl. (2nd one)

Edited by rayheart

Oh my censorkip.gif glaux! It's still saying I am not online!

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

I traded my lvl 75 Greninja which had like no IVs at all ( starter one) with Pokerus for a lvl 86 Yveltal. xd.png.png and traded my shiny magicarp for a shiny mienfoo. and now traded my shiny goldeen for a shiny croagunk lol. I can always fish chain those water pokes. smile.gif Now need to trade my shiny poliwhirl. (2nd one)

Haha, you should catch me a shiny. :3

This guy wouldn't stop bothering me to trade, so I traded my shiny Victreebel for his Ho-Oh, but then I gave it back for my Shiny so I could use it just to fill my Dex.

Buuut....He gave me a lvl. 100 Pokemon for a Phione. biggrin.gif

I reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllly want a Shiny Greninja sad.gif

-Pokerus discussion-

Funny story, actually. When I caught Latias in Emerald version, she came with Pokerus and was my original "patient zero".

After transferring her to Y, then to Pearl, through Black 2 and into Y... she's still contagious somehow |D

Haha, you should catch me a shiny. :3

This guy wouldn't stop bothering me to trade, so I traded my shiny Victreebel for his Ho-Oh, but then I gave it back for my Shiny so I could use it just to fill my Dex.

Buuut....He gave me a lvl. 100 Pokemon for a Phione. biggrin.gif

You know catching shiny water pokes (fishable ones) are super easy espically the ones always pops like magicarp,poliwhirl,goldeen,relicanth etc..

I am hunting for shiny Frogadier and wartortle in friend safari right now lol. Never had luck in friend safari tho.

You know catching shiny water pokes (fishable ones) are super easy espically the ones always pops like magicarp,poliwhirl,goldeen,relicanth etc..

I am hunting for shiny Frogadier and wartortle in friend safari right now lol. Never had luck in friend safari tho.

! If you so happened to get a shiny Frogadier, will you be willing to trade with me?