Duskspoken

Get Code - All dragons

I'd love to see code that is generated for all eggs and hatchlings, in addition to individual like we have. I currently have 16 eggs and hatchlings and it would just be so much easier if there was an option to select all your egg codes at once instead of individually.

[sorry if this has been suggested before, search is still down.]

All in one box and I don't mean this in replace of the way it is now but in addition to the way it is.

...so you want something for people who are too lazy to get the code for their dragons when it's already all in one place?

And most of the time you wouldn't NEED all the codes at once anyways. Think about it. Unless you got them all as hatchlings your hatchlings would already be wherever you're trying to put them, so all you would need is to get the maximum of 7 codes for the eggs.

There are places I would like to post all 21 of my dragons. It is a pain to constantly figure which was missed. It would not be that much of an inconvenience to offer this. This type of attitude is why I personally prefer spending more of my time on other adoptable sites.

There are places I would like to post all 21 of my dragons. It is a pain to constantly figure which was missed. It would not be that much of an inconvenience to offer this. This type of attitude is why I personally prefer spending more of my time on other adoptable sites.

Pokemonfan was perfectly reasonable. They ARE already available in the /code pages. It is no huge issue to copy the code for one and copy paste in the others in a word document or something. And as she says - you'd only have to do 7 at a time as the hatchlings keep the same code as they had when they were eggs.

I suspect this facility would add strain to the server - which would affect us all.

Pokemonfan was perfectly reasonable. They ARE already available in the /code pages. It is no huge issue to copy the code for one and copy paste in the others in a word document or something. And as she says - you'd only have to do 7 at a time as the hatchlings keep the same code as they had when they were eggs.

I suspect this facility would add strain to the server - which would affect us all.

actually, this is already in place, but with the codes being in seperate tex-boxes. so server strain definitely is not an issue.

i could easily do a javascript that changes the page to display it in one textarea, but i'm not sure how compliant this is to the ToS.

There is one easy solution for that - generate an incubator! Just set it so that only eggs and unfrozen hatchlings are shown, and you have them all in one place.

Actually it is a hassle to copy and paste 21 separate codes. I use my tablet more often than my laptop anymore. It's a pain to copy and paste that many of them, switch tabs. THEN have to switch back and figure which you missed. There wouldn't be any strain by making them appear into one box. I'm going to use GPX+ as an example, they do this and they have several different options on how you can display your pokemon, no server strain. wink.gif

There is one easy solution for that - generate an incubator! Just set it so that only eggs and unfrozen hatchlings are shown, and you have them all in one place.

An incubator is an image that displays your eggs/hatchlings/dragons. It doesn't serve any actual purpose.

You do not receive views or clicks from an incubator. I do not want this option to just 'show' off my dragons, I want it so I can post them in places such as livejournal and receive more clicks and views. An incubator is no help whatsoever with this problem.

Edited by duskspoken

Actually it is a hassle to copy and paste 21 separate codes. I use my tablet more often than my laptop anymore. It's a pain to copy and paste that many of them, switch tabs. THEN have to switch back and figure which you missed. There wouldn't be any strain by making them appear into one box. I'm going to use GPX+ as an example, they do this and they have several different options on how you can display your pokemon, no server strain. wink.gif

An incubator is an image that displays your eggs/hatchlings/dragons. It doesn't serve any actual purpose.

You do not receive views or clicks from an incubator. I do not want this option to just 'show' off my dragons, I want it so I can post them in places such as livejournal and receive more clicks and views. An incubator is no help whatsoever with this problem.

If you do them as eggs, it is only seven, as they will stay the same when they hatch.

If you do them as eggs, it is only seven, as they will stay the same when they hatch.

Not every thing I receive on my scroll is of an egg. Currently I have 19 hatchies, most of these were ER eggs. I did NOT copy and paste the code every 10 minutes before getting another one. Again. it would NOT be that much of a hassle to make it so we can generate code into one box.

And again.... copying and pasting on a tablet is a pain as it is. Not something I'd want to have to do with even 7 eggs.

If you do not want to use such a feature then don't, but it is something that could be considered and could be offered.

I like this idea. I have about 133+ dragons and taking each code and pasting it separately is a HUGE PAIN.

Why would you need all the codes of every dragon you own? Adults do not need views or clicks. If you want to showoff your adults, us the incubator image.

I'm on a few other websites where we do post ALL our dragons...some have more than me. So yes...I like that idea.

What FOR ? blink.gif

@ duskspoken - fair enough. I hate tablets, so I guess I can sympathise.... xd.png

Edited by fuzzbucket

@ duskspoken - fair enough. I hate tablets, so I guess I can sympathise.... xd.png

I love mine and I use it more often than my laptop now. It would just be a useful feature to have. smile.gif

If a Show All Codes (in a single text box) gets implemented, we'll need a radio button for HTML or BBCode.

Back when I was a DragonSpammer I would have loved to have a Show All Codes box. smile.gif

If this is too rough for the main site to include, I'm sure it's not too difficult for a fansite coder to write, so that each scroll is individually queried.

I like this idea. I have about 133+ dragons and taking each code and pasting it separately is a HUGE PAIN.

This suggestion is NOT for the codes of ALL dragons on your scroll. It is only to have all the active codes in one box. Active codes being the ones that are still growing. No adults, no frozens.

And srsly. WHY? If you want to show off all your dragons generate an incubator or link to your scroll.

I have to agree with Dusk. I mostly use fansites now, but I used to use LJ. The main reason I switched from a method that advertises the site to one that doesn't was what a pain it was to copy a code, switch tabs, paste the code, switch tabs again, copy another code, et cetera ad nauseum--and that was when we had the old limits and I didn't even have anywhere near 21 dragons to post!

Also, the argument that you only need to get the codes for your newest eggs doesn't work because when you're posting your eggs somewhere where a post only gets views for a couple of days, you need to copy and paste and post all your dragons each time you do a dragonspam post, because the old post is already too far down people's friend lists or on a different page of the thread, and no longer garners views.

I'd love to see this feature; it might encourage me to actually advertise the site again!

This suggestion is NOT for the codes of ALL dragons on your scroll. It is only to have all the active codes in one box. Active codes being the ones that are still growing. No adults, no frozens.

And srsly. WHY? If you want to show off all your dragons generate an incubator or link to your scroll.

Incubator Don't do the Dragons Justice, all the images in it are small, and usually it is broken most of the times, plus you can't do much with the incubator, also it makes no sense to use it.

I do have to wonder why you would want to post all the dragons though, but if you have a website that allows it, I guess so...

--------------

But I do agree with this allowing growing dragons, as if you think of it, you can have x amount of total dragons while being gold. I can haz 16 hatchlings, 6 eggs, = 22 total. But I'm only silver, what about gold people that randomly collect, incubate, and grow dragons, fog, to purposely have x amount of growing dragons on their account at all times....

I say good idea for growing dragons and its not lazy people, think about iit. Especially if your on a phone as that's all you have...

BTW, there's a trick to prevent you from having to swap tabs/windows.

Copy the first code. Paste it into the beginning of the next box [careful to not be inside the code of the next one]. Copy all of that, repeat with the next, etc. It's what I did when I used gaia to raise my eggs.

I support this. Having one box for all the codes just saves time. So, why not?

What I kind of wanted to do was make an "egg pile"--some image that you link in your signature that contains (and gives views to) all of your eggs in one image.

What I kind of wanted to do was make an "egg pile"--some image that you link in your signature that contains (and gives views to) all of your eggs in one image.

YES PLEASE! (I just had a featuregasm, sorry for my loudness)