Duskspoken

Get Code - All dragons

What I kind of wanted to do was make an "egg pile"--some image that you link in your signature that contains (and gives views to) all of your eggs in one image.

That would be amazing! Would it also include hatchlings?

What I kind of wanted to do was make an "egg pile"--some image that you link in your signature that contains (and gives views to) all of your eggs in one image.

That would be AWESOME! Whenever I have wanted to use forums to get views, I have had to cycle my eggs/hatchlings three at a time, because more links wouldn't fit in a sig, no matter how I tried to manage it.

Ah yes, please! Many forums allow only 1 to 3 images in one's sig smile.gif

So sort of like my GPx one? It has what's currently in my party, is one image, and will change as my party does. I would love something like that. (Ok I would just love all the codes in one box. Lol)

So sort of like my GPx one? It has what's currently in my party, is one image, and will change as my party does. I would love something like that. (Ok I would just love all the codes in one box. Lol)

Maybe? I don't have signatures on, and I don't know enough about how the GPX image you mentioned behaves to say for sure.

Maybe? I don't have signatures on, and I don't know enough about how the GPX image you mentioned behaves to say for sure.

excuseeeeeesssss. You could view it from their profile :U

Basically it has 6 slots, with eggs or hatched pokemon, and the image just keeps up to date with the current party on that site. A few other pokemon-adoption-fansites have similar images.

So basically, one for dragoncave would have up to 7 slots for the eggs you currently have. Though hatchlings need views, too...but then you're need a much bigger image to fit up to 21 eggs and hatchlings

The image displays the current party members in a user's party. All of the icons are on one big grid image (I know you did something like this with the Valentine's flower event this year), most instances of icons on the site utilises that big grid and I think that the party image is no different. It's fairly easy since every icon fits within a 32x32 space. The image links back to a user's profile. There's actually a drawback to using this automatically updating image, though. Views gained from it give less maturity points. That said, I'm pretty sure that part wouldn't really apply to DC but my intention with this post is just to explain how the image works.

Edit: As I think about the Get Code page on DC, I personally would only rarely need the BBCode for all of my dragons. I just had a thought. What if each dragon on it were displayed with their image, code, and a checkbox? Clicking the checkbox of a dragon will have all of the information Get Code gives show up in two boxes, one for BBCode and one for HTML. Then there is also an option to simply check all to save time. This way users have the option of quickly getting the information for particular dragons as well as simply being able to get everything's information right away.

I haven't really read through this thread so I have no idea if somebody's suggested something like that. If it's unclear and you'd like to know more, I can make an image to demonstrate.

Edited by Commander Wymsy

Thanks for the explanation.

Edit: As I think about the Get Code page on DC, I personally would only rarely need the BBCode for all of my dragons. I just had a thought. What if each dragon on it were displayed with their image, code, and a checkbox? Clicking the checkbox of a dragon will have all of the information Get Code gives show up in two boxes, one for BBCode and one for HTML. Then there is also an option to simply check all to save time. This way users have the option of quickly getting the information for particular dragons as well as simply being able to get everything's information right away.

I haven't really read through this thread so I have no idea if somebody's suggested something like that. If it's unclear and you'd like to know more, I can make an image to demonstrate.

I think this was the primary suggestion before I brought up the idea of the egg pile. Having one image that you don't have to swap out is less effort, but having check boxes to pick dragons gives flexibility (you might not want all of your eggs shown off).

This would be too useful!

That might be useful.. But unlike other games, DC has hatcheries. Although they were not created by you own, they aim to do the same thing for raising dragons.

That might be useful.. But unlike other games, DC has hatcheries. Although they were not created by you own, they aim to do the same thing for raising dragons.

Not everybody uses solely hatcheries, or uses them at all. I lurk on quite a few places, and I have seen DC dragons in peoples' signatures on lots of forums based many different kinds of subjects.

Edited by Commander Wymsy

Not everybody uses solely hatcheries, or uses them at all. I lurk on quite a few places, and I have seen DC dragons in peoples' signatures on lots of forums based many different kinds of subjects.

That's why I said it might be useful. Majority are using hatcheries, after all. Images in signature is more likely to play a role of advertising, despite they do give out views.

I think it'd be kinda cool if there was some sort of tool that allowed you to get the code for all dragons that you have, or even just a code for all "growing creatures"

I know there's the "Get HTML/BBCode" feature under "Account", but with that, you can't CTRL + C the whole thing at once, you have to do them all one by one

And, I personally don't really like incubators as they make the dragons a lot smaller and don't really do them justice smile.gif

Edited by The Flash