Fortune86

Please Close

Nicolas step closer, now standing next to Twix. He placed his and on his head and slightly ruffeld it, smiling as he did so.

"Even he would have remember what Helios said on the terms of staying or leaving. When you are ready and want to leave I will teleport you out of Avalon. The decision was always yours to make but you where to chatty and curious." Nicolas stated as he now rested his hand on Twix's shoulder.

((Twix's hair since he is standing next to Twix. Sorry if I'm a bit unclear))

((Just wanted to make sure. Thanks!))

Rolo would have minded having his hair ruffled like a five year old, but Twix probably enjoyed the gesture of affection. Whatever may be the case Rolo was more focused on Nicolas words than his actions.

"What about Forge? Oh and where are you going to teleport me to?"

There were all kinds of very upleasant places were he wouldn't be a bother for anyone ever again.

Edited by Laura-Lana

“You tell me. This is all your choice, I’m not forcing you, thou if it’s a place I’ve never been you need to show me a picture. Unless you want me to appear next to a certain person then I can do that as well.” Nicolas spoke. He wasn’t in the mood to make decisions for others in truth he would actually go outside and explore the city a bit. Seeing different place provided him several place to teleport to.

"Oh you have heard about the school as well?" said Helios only mildly surprised. It seems the Goverment's attempts to give the new mutant/human school a low profile was not working very well.

"Well unless it turns out to be a secret factory for making pies out of its students or something then there isn't much we need to do other than observe. The school aims to increase relations between mutants and normal humans. This is a step forward in the right direction. I will not object should anyone from Avalon wish to enroll. I will advise caution however. There will be those who want the school to fail and may try and take steps to ensure that."

~~~

Twix had just finished with the flowers and took a step back to admire his work when Nicolas approached him and ruffled his hair. He smiled up at the older man and when Nicolas engaged Rolo in further conversation walked past him and left the room. He had more vases to place.

Edited by Fortune86

((Helios is changing his color? Shall I snitch purple for Evron then?))

The school wasn't a huge secret. Anyone who listened well enough would hear about the school. Sure, the school was said to be a step in the right direction by certain people...but quite a few of the majority did not like the idea of the school.

Evron nodded in agreement, "Fine. I still greatly dislike this; the humans are not to be trusted." he paused briefly to take a short breath of air.

"Is that all then?" he asked.

ON:

"And why are mutants any better?" Elizabeth replied softly from behind Evron. While she would never admit it to anyone she had the slightest of soft spots for the man, and she had been close enough to Helios after the announcement that she had heard the last few words of the conversation. "No-one person is saintly. Mutant, human, all can be bad."

OFF

- Post by Quickstep

((Sorry Vang. I didn't notice I had picked the wrong colour.))

"Yes" agreed Helios sadly to Elizabeth's statement. "That is quite true."

He sighed but then smiled at Evron and Elizabeth.

"But the opposite is also true. We can find goodness in the most unlikely of sources too. Anyone can have a change of heart and do the right thing. That means we should never give up on anyone. Where would we be without hope?"

He stepped to one side to allow a small group of pre-teens run past him. They took no notice of the older mutants but raced down the corridor, laughing and calling to each other. Helios watched them go. Even if they could not find acceptance from the non-mutants in his life time, perhaps it would be found in their.

"If you want to change the world you need to start with your own corner" he said mostly to himself.

((I knew I was forgetting something...))

Evron turned to see who had spoken. Elizabeth stood not far behind them.

"Forgive me, perhaps I speak with bias but I will not trust the humans. They give me no reason to. Look at the attack at the school for instance? I heard reports; it's common knowledge by now. There were humans there. Their destructive nature of what they fear consumes them. Or have I missed something?"

He watched as the kids ran by, he knew the names of a couple of them. Evron chuckled and he stepped aside to avoid being trampled. Looking back to Helios, his expression became serious once again.

"I would just greatly dislike for one of those children to get hurt...or worse.

"They won't be" said Helios. "I did say we would be observing the school. The best place to do so is from inside. I will be sending someone in to investigate and to watch over any mutant children that wish to attend."

((Can I ask if anyone would like to be the spy?))

((*Evron eyes the quiet thread and slowly raises his hand* If no one else wants it, I think I'd enjoy the job.))

ON:

"The children will learn," Elizabeth said with her usual cool demeanour, but around these two there was a rare show that perhaps the Brazilian didn't always mean what she said. Yes, she had been taught the very hard way how to survive, and she was one of the first to extol to all - young and old - that one must first learn to rely on oneself before learning how to survive with others, but in a rare display of emotion it showed that just sometimes, someone else should be there to help. "Who did you think of having inside?"

OFF

- Post by Quickstep

"Well actually..." started Helios in response to Elizabeth's question. He turned to Evron and looked at them rather meaningfully. "I was rather hoping I could convince you to go. You care about the other mutants and I know many of them look up to you."

Astraea had left the school awhile back and was now in a popular club in town. She sat cross-legged in a chair that was pulled up to one of the tables that was off to the side. She had a small deck of cards in her hand which she was shuffling. A man sat in front of her. The woman held out the deck and fanned them out across the desk.

"Pick a card..."

-

Evron's frown deepened at Helios' sudden request. With one eyebrow arched, he looked down at their leader.

"Me? At a school? Sure, I'm good at infiltrating..." his voice trailed off, and he glanced from Helios to the woman who called herself Quickstep.

"As I said, I dislike the idea of the school. Let alone spending my time there, but..." he took a breath to refuse such an job, but something made him pause. A couple of the kids from earlier were running past again. They seemed happy and joyful, as any kid should. Silence fell as he considered Helios' words. Evron muttered something under his breath.

"What would you define as an inside man?" he asked gruffly.

"Just someone who can keep an eye on things. Perhaps try and find out if there is an ulterior motive to the school without drawing attention to themselves."

Helios looked slight crestfallen. As much as though it looked like this was a step in the right direction for Human/Mutant relations, and Helios truely hoped it was, he couldn't dismiss the possibility that there might be other reasons behind it. He wouldn't put it past Kelly or his supporters to use it as a front to provide 'proof' that mutants were evil and couldn't be trusted, or if the school was genuine, try and disrupt it.

"I can get you any position you want" Helios told Evron. "It will not be difficult to create documents to get you a job as a teacher or administrator for example."

Evron muttered something about changing his mind too easily as he considered Helios' words. He hissed softly

"Technically I'm dead to the human world. I'd appreciate it if we kept it that way. I don't care about the position too much. Somewhere where I can keep an eye on the students but administration as well without suspicion. Just know my people skills aren't the greatest . . ." he said with a raised eyebrow. How had he been sucked into this?

"And what about Elizabeth here?" he asked, jerking his head toward her to direct Helios' attention go the other mutant.

((*edits coding*))

Edited by evangeline5432

Helios turned to Elizabeth. He hadn't really considered sending her as an observer, but she stood just as much chance as Evron.

"Would you like to go Elizabeth?" he asked. "Two heads are better than one. And it might be a good idea to have someone watch Evron's back."

ON:

There was another rare show of emotion as Elizabeth looked slightly uncomfortable; being exposed was certainly the last thing on her mind. "I never went to school," she admitted softly to the pair, but the steely gaze that came with that statement made it very clear there would be rather severe consequences for the first person to spread that around or make a negative comment.

OFF

- Post by Quickstep.

Evron's attention turned to Quickstep as Helios asked the question. He showed no surprise nor any other emotion at her andwer. His goal was not to start a feud with the woman. She was a good ally to have and a bad enemy to gain.

He reached over and placed his gloved hand on her shoulder for a moment.

"Nothing to worry about. You're probably better off. You are stronger in some things that most aren't. It would be nice to have backup, but the decision is yours." Evron said assurringly as he drew his hand back and turned to Helios.

"Is that all? I agreed to help one of the kids with his math homework."

Evron himself hadn't completed school fully, but while he was at the institute he had found some books on different subjects. Since there hadn't been a great deal to do, he and his sister had latched onto these and taught themselves some basic subjects. Among them, he had come to favor math and a few of the kids here had discovered this.

Helios nodded when Elizabeth admitted she had never been to a school. He hadn't been since he was ten, so understood that she would be uncomfortable about entering one now. She could still probably pass as a physical education aid though, given how much she know about physical health and fitness. But like Evron said, the choice was hers.

"Take time to think it over" he said. "I'll probably be in the workshop for the rest of the day."

When Evron asked if there was anything else Helios shook his head with a smile.

"No. I think that is all for now. Go and help the children."

Still smiling he gave the older mutants a little wave and then resumed his journey back to his workshop.

((Is Deadpool a mutant?

Edit: Been told that he is lol. Just send in a form and we will see.))

Edited by Fortune86