KyokoYei2

Lucid Dreaming

1 hour ago, Miaplacidus said:

Oh man, I wanted to try this in order to experience the hypnagogic paralysis (yes I'm stupid and masochist but these are collateral effects of curiosity) since I usually wake up from lucid dreams without problems. I didn't sleep all night. I couldn't fall asleep since I was focused on thinking...lol

Rip lol.  Maybe try thinking without really focusing?  Also try being more tired.  I always find that it helps.  (Aka, tonight).

7 minutes ago, Draconiusultamius said:

Rip lol.  Maybe try thinking without really focusing?  Also try being more tired.  I always find that it helps.  (Aka, tonight).

Well, after the last night and 2+ hours of training it should work well. And I'll try to not to commit too much. I'll fall asleep as soon as I'll lie down

Thanks!

I used to lucid dream a fair amount, but nowadays I rarely do so.

Some of my favorite dreams have been lucid ones. In one, I was able to control the dream and make myself be able to fly. I was disappointed when I woke up! :lol:

I'm currently attempting astral projection since I'm absolutely sure it's somewhere between lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis.  So far, I think it's a dreamlike hallucination since I had one sleep paralysis incident where I 'used' my arm to remove a demon baby that appeared to be sitting on my chest, before actually getting out of the paralysis.  Still not sure wether that was a dream or a hallucination, since I know my arm didn't actually move, but I did consciously whack a hallucination off me.  If I get another WILD, I'm planning on trying to access some previous dreams to recall the names of people I've met in those dreams.  I'm also going to see if I can will myself to consciously make a lucid nightmare, where I can use my actions to affect the outcome of the nightmare, but not the nightmare itself.  Most of my memorable dreams are some strange nightmares and some of them ended up being really good dreams, where I managed to get over certain things and befriending some of my dream creatures.  

For all you people hoping for lucid dreams (or sleep paralysis) I think this article might be helpful: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/wake-induced-lucid-dreams.html

I always find myself stuck somewhere in there, so I'm sure I could lucid dream more often if I could stop being terrified of my sleep paralysis lol.  

Edited by Draconiusultamius

Hopefully I’m not double posting, since I kinda am, but nobody’s gonna read my old message unless it’s by accident if I just edit.  

I got a short-lived but lucid dream last night.  I figured I would get sleep paralysis and instead of lying on my back (as I usually end up doing), I tried lying on my side (the position I usually try to sleep in).  It worked and I stayed lucid without sleep paralysis.  So if any of you can’t handle or don’t want to handle sleep paralysis, try sleeping in another position when you feel tired.  Also, don’t be too tired, or you might forget to stay lucid.

Happy dreaming!

Edited by Draconiusultamius

Sometimes I have lucid dreams, but they usually only last for a short time. When I do realize I'm dreaming I try to change things about the dream but it never works, it just changes to another dream where I don't know I'm dreaming anymore. :P Sometimes when I have nightmares, I'll also realize I'm dreaming and yell at the monster or whatever's scaring me that it's just a dream, which always leads to me waking up. 

Another weird thing is that I have a lot of reoccurring dreams, and during them my dream self will sometimes get deja vu. Other times I wake up and remember having that same dream several other times. 

Lucid Dreams? Oh yeah, I experience those from time to time. I can easily control and manipulate most of those dreams but there are some that I really cannot control. Most of my lucid dreams are about the ethereal plane and some about my imagination playground. I do get nightmares sometimes, though I can control them, fear and anxiety often overpowers me, resulting in a sudden wake-up call. By the way, I have NEVER experienced sleep paralysis. I have experienced, however, those moments that you feel that your bed is eating you xD

I used to get lucid dreams all the time. It happens less often now, but I do have them still. What I noticed about mine is that they tend to be the last dreams before I wake up, so I think maybe my brain somehow is in an in-between state between sleeping and being awake, because I can consciously control my thoughts and actions in the dream, and by doing so influence the events in the dream. For example, while going through the dream, I'll think or predict "this is what will happen next" and then that's what happens. It's kind of like the Matrix, very cool.

If I am aware enough to realize its a dream, then I can control things even more directly, and that's when things get really fun. That tended to happen to me quite a lot with recurring dreams, where I'd either play out the scenario again, or try and change things up a bit to see if I'd get different results.

Does anyone else have continuing plot lines in their dreams? In my dreams that aren't lucid, I'll dream about being at school having a conversation, and then I'll wake up, but two weeks later I'll be right back in school in that exact same conversation picking up where I left off. Or sometimes, events in past dreams are remembered and used as context in a new dream, for example I'll dream I am packing up my stuff to move houses, and then in dreams afterwards I'll be doing something unrelated but I will still remember that I'm moving houses and occasionally go back to keep packing.

I can always control what i do in my dreams, its just that most of my dreams are in the 3rd person, or im some other completely different person (neither of which i can control).

I can also wake myself up from nightmares which is what i did all night last night, but every time i shut my eyes it continued on. The dream itself is too graphic for the forum and i was very frustrated that i couldnt just stop it 😢

Hmm, this is an interesting topic. I can wake myself up from nightmares if I realize it's a nightmare (if there are monsters or some crazy situation like that I can 'tell' pretty quickly). For some reason that I've never been able to figure out, if I open my eyes really really wide in the dream and concentrate on 'seeing' my real surroundings, like my bed and walls, I can almost always wake myself up that way. 

I have lucid dreamed in the past, mostly about being a princess (that was when I was like 7, don't judge me XD) but I find I can't do it now, because I go to bed too late. If I were to go to bed at a reasonable time, I would probably be able to do it, but as of now, I fall asleep when I drop from exhaustion, so I usually don't dream. 

On 12/15/2018 at 10:13 AM, HeatherMarie said:

Hmm, this is an interesting topic. I can wake myself up from nightmares if I realize it's a nightmare (if there are monsters or some crazy situation like that I can 'tell' pretty quickly). For some reason that I've never been able to figure out, if I open my eyes really really wide in the dream and concentrate on 'seeing' my real surroundings, like my bed and walls, I can almost always wake myself up that way. 

That's so funny, cause I taught myself to wake from nightmares by doing the opposite. If I squeeze my eyes shut really tight in the dream, I'll actually squeeze my real eyes while sleeping, and when I open them I wake up.

The only lucid part of a dream that I may have is a particularly hard or distastful dream and I suddenly realize that this ain't real!!!  

Had a vivid dream the other night that lead into my waking time...  I was crawling across a a bridge consisting of 2" wood slats between two ropes over a water course.  I was crawling along to the other side and people were shooting at me with rifles and I had no cover... 

Ooh, last night I had a dream moment where I realised I was dreaming and summoned a cartoon character into my dream!

I was running away from something when I realised "Wow I'm so scared, this is too bad to be true I must be dreaming, if I'm dreaming I want my favourite cartoon character with me" then BOOM she appeared! Then me and the character ran from the danger. I told her I was dreaming. She responded "okay" I couldn't remember much after that