KyokoYei2

Lucid Dreaming

I came close to a vivid lucid dream but if anything I'm conscious that I'm in REM sleep and that's as far as it usually goes. Is there any "frequency" or "beat" that works very well for LD'ing and is it possible to get a link/download of it?

I have not experienced it yet. Does anyone know how to, like, do it on purpose?..,

Well now I found the right place for me biggrin.gif

So yeah I have these kind of lucid dreams almost every night. They can be really complicated with long "storylines", strange happenings and strange imaginary

people, creatures and places.

The way I control the dreams varies. Sometimes I realize that I'm in a dream and can wake up if I want to. Sometimes I can control people and their appearance.

The most entertaining things are that -whenever I'm in a dream- and try to control fire, I just can't do it. It's just not my element. However, what I can do is control

ice/water, fly and even shapeshift myself into a dragon, bird, harpie and so on. I'm also hyper athletic and can for example run extremely fast and jump long ways.

I can't really tell you how I do it. I just have always had this skill just like some of my friends. Though even they sometimes say that my dreams are quite astounding.

I have one question about lucid dreaming: If you're sleeping and controlling your dream, aren't you resting?

I have yet to try Lucid dreaming. smile.gif

Wow, lucid dreaming seems very interesting. I haven't ever lucid dreamt so far and I'm interested in what is like.

Any tips on how to lucid dream?

I Googled on lucid dreaming last year and found this lucid dreaming wbesite which is made by an experience lucid dreamer. Unfortunately, I often get dicouraged because after practising for a few days or maybe a week, nothing happens. But I know it's supposed to be like, I don't know, maybe after a month, then maybe you'd get your first lucid dream. I am just too lazy to practise anymore. *Shrugs* But honestly, ever since I watched Inception, I've been hoping that one day I'd get a lucid dream! biggrin.gif

I actually do fly in quite a few dreams, though I'm not sure they're lucid. Sometimes they are, I suppose. I think I was semi-lucid in my last flying dream because I was trying to fly over train tracks (because I knew I was dreaming and that I /should/ be able to fly over the train tracks) but couldn't, but I did have a sense of delayed superspeed (time slowed down so I could run across the tracks in time).

I had a sort of lucid dream about pineapples.

In my dream, my mom went into a store and told me to stay where I was. The car she was driving turned into a pineapple cart, and I pushed it somewhere else. This is the lucid dream part. In my mind, I was like: NOOOOO! I should stay where my mom told me to! Then, in my dream I did go back and there were people dicussing pineapples next to me.

I'm almost always aware that I'm dreaming. It feels so great to be able to fly. biggrin.gif

I've had some lucid dreams. I realized I was dreaming, said 'this is a silly dream' and woke up. :-)

Several times, though, my dream world was more fun than real life, and I wanted to stay asleep and go on dreaming. Sigh. That never works out.

I have these all the time. It's great, but then I wake up without finishing what I wanted to do :c

I have these all the time. It's great, but then I wake up without finishing what I wanted to do :c

It happens to me too.. And when I wake up I'm like: "Nooo!! I wanted to know what will happen next!!" D'':

I want to be able to do this all the time! Only happened once during a very short time though(see above post about dream)

If I realize I'm dreaming, I usually end up waking up soon after, so I don't get to have fun with it. The few times when I don't wake up, it's usually during a nightmare. While I'm aware it's a dream, I'm not able to control the external events that happen, so it's usually not a fun expereince. sad.gif

Personally, I don't notice any pattern or way to induce lucid dreams, except perhaps stress (stress makes your body do weird things blink.gif ). I only had 2 lucid dreams in my life before I started college; I've had at least a dozen since I started.

Edited by Cielmuir

I experience lucid dreams quite often (let's say, at least 3-4 times a month), usually at morning.

When the dream is an unpleasant one I'm usually able to understand that there is something odd and to say myself "this is wrong, this must be a dream and I don't like it, so wake up". And I wake up.

On the contrary if the dream is a nice one I can "watch" it, like I was watching a movie, and also influence it.

A common element in my lucid dreams is that I am pretty always a character in those dreams. And they are somehow realists dreams but with something odd that make me understand they are dreams.

I do absolutely nothing to induce them.

Edited by Iside

Sometimes I can see something which was shown only in dream. Then I realize that I was dreaming.

Edited by sh20000sh

I wish I was able to become fully lucid in a dream... I think I become half lucid at times, because I'm clearly aware I'm in a dream and might be able to control a slight action (Like talking about a memory or something).

I wish I could fly much more than I do already in dreams, almost everyone knows that sensation, it's AMAZING. As of now, all I do is watch what my dream tells me to do. Still fun, but I'd like to do more... So much more... biggrin.gif

Why does this come up right when I wake up from a very realistic nightmare? I'm still trying to fully wake up as it's 4:30 am my time right now.

Now I remember why The Black Cauldron scared me as a kid, despite how cute Gurgi was.

user posted image

How many of you have seen it? It's not one of Disney's more well-known features, but it definitely stood out aside from being it's 25th animated feature.

for one thing it's not easy to sleep when your dreaming your fighting against those zombie guys. Deathless warriors of whatever the Horned King called them.

All I had was a base ball bat. I finally managed to wake myself up and when I did I had a grip on my bat that I keep at my bedside.

I had watched the Black Cauldron earlier yesderday, but had watched other movies after that, so why I had a dream about something so early in the day is beyond me.

I'm actually curious to learn more about dreams and the different forms of dreams/sleep.

Anyone know a good site (other then google) that would have good information about sleep and dream studies?

I think I've had some lucid dreams at one point or another. In one of my more recent dreams, I was turned into a monster at this weird underground lab, but instead of becoming a mindless abomination like they had intended, I somehow kept my human mind and escaped. The rest of the dream was great fun as I ran around the place and caused some hilarious chaos. xd.png

When I was a kid I used to have awful nightmares all the time, at least until I taught myself how to take control of the dream and turn it into something less frightening and more like an action movie. Some of my best dreams started off as nightmares that I ended up taking over, turning into something really cool, then letting them go their own way again. I didn't find out about lucid dreaming until years later though, oddly enough...

I think I do something close to lucid dreaming in the morning when I'm kinda awake but not really.

It's more of a problem than anything, since it can contribute to me not getting out of bed. I often have really interesting dreams. x3

I've come very close to having one, but I realize I'm dreaming in half awake ways and blow it.

I've had a few lucid dreams, I'll write the most remarkable ones!

First one, I was living in my previous residence and I'd just found out that I'm a witch. As a starter, I used a black colour pencil as a wand (well, just a woody thing to channel my magic until I get a real wand). I could literally think, figure out what I want to do and feel myself concentrating. I had conjured owls, made them disappear, and stuff like that. Then I got a letter from an ex-schoolmate telling me I have to prepare for a Wizarding War and that's why it was the right time for me to find out my truth.

Then, I conjured a magical paper boar to use as a 'punching bag'. I'd practise several offensive spells on it! :P I wish I knew further about this story!

Second, I had some missions to do in a town and I could literally feel myself concentrating to fly. I did fly. I went from buildings to buildings to delivery objects. The sky was purple as a storm was coming. :D Flying felt fantaaastic!! That breeze, my hair flying, god! I want to fly in real life!! XD

Annnnd yesterday I had another one, it was sort of 'half lucid' :D For some reason I got permission to visit a friend's school. I was pretty aware it was a dream so I "forced" to explore every place I could, until there were fireballs invasion, idk someone was trying to set the school on fire with fireballs.

Then as I wanted to go back home I stayed in a plaza, at night, there were lights everywhere and lots of people. I was waiting for a bus, which was taking long.

Well, for all of you people wanting to lucid dream, I have one (possibly not too healthy, but it works for me) way of experiencing it.  It involves sleep paralysis, which is amazing and absolutely terrifying, but basically I get it when I'm insanely tired and trying to sleep.  Occupy your mind with something (paracosm, some random thoughts, memes, think about trying to sleep).  It works a lot better when you're stressed and slightly sleep deprived.  Eventually, you'll feel yourself drift off, but keep your mind occupied, try to imagine a scene, if you can.  If something creepy appears, that's absolutely normal, just try your best to ignore it, it means you're halfway there.  Try to move away from the thing, or towards it, whatever works.  When you are able to move around, congrats!  You have entered a lucid dream. Also, just a note, but going into sleep paralysis, I recommend choosing a finger which will be easy to wiggle.  If all hades breaks loose and you get stuck in paralysis and decide to opt out, focus on moving that finger.  Sleep paralysis is quite a scary experience since you might feel like there is something sitting on you, see figures in your room, and/or hear strange noises. 

Now for my own wake-induced lucid dream experience....

I was really tired, but whenever I started falling asleep, I would see this creepy forest with a soulless little girl standing in front of me.  She had no eyes and she kept staring at me and getting closer.  I eventually gained the courage to allow her to get really close to me, before realizing that I was already in the lucid dream and quickly transforming into a dragon and flying straight out of there.  I eventually got bored and transformed into a cat in the middle of a supernova.  I played with a box for the rest of the dream.

And one that wasn't wake induced... it might be a little inappropriate, but I took the super inappropriate part out already.  I had this after reading the Psyren manga, I think.  Not 100% sure about context honestly.

I was walking in a city when a stranger came up to me and told me that I had been chosen for a game along with 10 other people.  He said that there was no way I could refuse him since he was a shinigami and he'd been ordered to do this or kill me.  It was called “death hide and seek” and I was supposed to hide while they looked for me.  If they found me, I would be killed in the way I wanted.  If I wasn't found, I could join them as a shinigami and be granted immortality, or go back to my normal life.   Of course, I said yes.  Being my immortal in my dreams, I really had nothing to fear.  They brought me into a house, much like my own, and led me to an area where someone was being killed. She was begging for her life, but to no avail.  The shinigami slit her throat and she was dead.  They then turned to me and I counted eight of them.  They introduced themselves to me individually.  I don't recall their names, I only remember that a young male shinigami’s name started with the letter M and that was his nickname as well.  M was not the leader, but he was the most talkative one.  He also seemed to have a crush on me, since he told me he didn't want to see me die.  He went on to explain the rules of the game.  I would get five minutes to hide and then the ‘hunt’ would begin.  The shinigami would get ten minutes to try to find me.  I could hide anywhere in the house, but I couldn't leave it without a shinigami’s permission.  The house was similar to my current house.  I could hide anywhere I wanted.  When I asked him how I would die, he said that the default method was an execution-style shooting, but I could choose any method I wanted.  I laughed and told him that I'd think about it.  The shinigami then left and a loudspeaker voice came on.  It asked if I was ready and when I said yes, a digital timer began counting down from 5:00.  It was present in every room and you could see at least one clock, no matter where you were.  I panicked and ended up hiding in the basement under a table in my playroom.  I moved everything out of the area under the table next to the kitchen playset.  Then I crawled in and moved everything back.  The timer counted down 3… 2… 1… GO.  The lights dimmed and fog and laser beams filled the room and the timer counted down from 10:00 mins.  At least the atmosphere was cool.  After the 7:00 minute mark, I saw M.  He was staring straight at me, sadness and fear in his eyes.  He said, “I found you, now what?”  He didn't want to kill me.  I told him, “Well, that's it, I die, right?”  He shook his head and left the room.  He came back with a special cloak that would hide me from the other shinigami.  I put it on and he teleported me out of the building.  Outside, it was night and the city's lights shone while few people walked about.  He led me to a moderately lit part of town and started to talk. He pleaded, “Please leave and never come back.  I don't want to have to kill you.”  I laughed coldly, “Everyone dies.  There's nothing you can do about it.  Now or later, why does it matter?”  He seemed shocked and exclaimed, “But not in such a gruesome way!”  I rolled my eyes.  Just then, another shinigami walked up to us.  I recognized her from earlier and she smiled at me.  “M wants you to live, it's a privilege.  Not many people can conjure up the sympathy of a shinigami to the point where they willingly try to save them.”  I looked at her, “ I would rather not die as a coward who cheated the rules, take me back and turn me in.”  M and the other shinigami sighed and teleported me back reluctantly.  I went to my hiding place and M and the female walked in.  The lights went up and I stepped out.  I could see that M was close to crying.  The female’s gaze was steady and hard.  They led me to the room and the female ushered me towards the contraption.  I glanced at it.  It was designed to hold me still.  M stood in front of the contraption, with a pistol in his hand.  He averted my gaze, but I still saw tears in his eyes.  I stopped abruptly, I didn't want to die this way.  “Wait,” I said to the female shinigami, “I don't want to die like this.”  “Are you telling me you want to live?  It's a bit too late for that,” she snapped.  “No, I want to die in a more interesting manner,” I replied.  “Like what,” she glared daggers at me.  I thought for a moment, then replied, “How about death by extreme torture?”  Her eyes widened, and she became speechless for a moment.  “Nobody's ever asked for that,” she murmured, bewildered.  She regained her composure and said, “Prepare a #7777777 death.  Quickly.  We don't have time to spare.”  A shocked whisper spread through the shinigami.  M walked up to me, “Are you sure about this?  It's horrible and painful.  Nobody has done it before!”  I laughed at him.  Later, I was hanging out with the female shinigami, as another shinigami, and we were talking.  She told me about my death and how unusual it was.  There were seven different tortures I had to go through.  I only remember a few of them.  One that I remembered was being placed in a seemingly dilapidated house and being given no food and just enough water for a few days.  [age restricted part, has been removed]  I also had some operation without anesthesia where my throat was severed so I couldn't eat, but was still alive.  The last torture I was put through was meeting the female shinigami at a coffee shop and drinking poisoned coffee.  I “died” soon after.  As I was talking to the shinigami, I asked her about M.  She said that he was getting over the ordeal just fine and that he was coming.  When I saw him, I took off my cloak and revealed my true self.  I awoke before I could see his reaction.

Today, I also found a site which recommended looking for Dream symbols as a means of finding a dream.  Mines are brainwashing, death, some immense mall/airport which frequently appears, the man of my dreams (quite literally) appearing and me being 'sort of a jerk' to him, some kind of disaster (tornadoes, mainly), and me being my paracosm self.

On 22/1/2018 at 11:08 AM, Draconiusultamius said:

Well, for all of you people wanting to lucid dream, I have one (possibly not too healthy, but it works for me) way of experiencing it.  It involves sleep paralysis, which is amazing and absolutely terrifying, but basically I get it when I'm insanely tired and trying to sleep.  Occupy your mind with something (paracosm, some random thoughts, memes, think about trying to sleep).  It works a lot better when you're stressed and slightly sleep deprived.  Eventually, you'll feel yourself drift off, but keep your mind occupied, try to imagine a scene, if you can.  If something creepy appears, that's absolutely normal, just try your best to ignore it, it means you're halfway there.  Try to move away from the thing, or towards it, whatever works.  When you are able to move around, congrats!  You have entered a lucid dream. Also, just a note, but going into sleep paralysis, I recommend choosing a finger which will be easy to wiggle.  If all hades breaks loose and you get stuck in paralysis and decide to opt out, focus on moving that finger.  Sleep paralysis is quite a scary experience since you might feel like there is something sitting on you, see figures in your room, and/or hear strange noises. 

Oh man, I wanted to try this in order to experience the hypnagogic paralysis (yes I'm stupid and masochist but these are collateral effects of curiosity) since I usually wake up from lucid dreams without problems. I didn't sleep all night. I couldn't fall asleep since I was focused on thinking...lol