KyokoYei2

Lucid Dreaming

Twice. The second time I had the same dream twice in one night (the 1st one wasn't lucid) but in the second one I knew what was going to happen and made things work out differently

Lol, I've tried to magic up an elevator in the middle of a room. It didn't work obviously. xd.png

I think that old man might be significant to your self conscious or something. From what I've read, you need to really think about how the character looks, stands, and speaks. Having a higher lucidy in the dream also helps.

The old man probably had to do with this bus driver that I saw the day before...

But, the night before the lucid dream, I had a nightmare. The bad guy in the nightmare was the same character I tried to magic up.

I am scared to try WILD. I don't want to get into this state where I see figures in my room, or something. From what I read, some people wake up, but they don't get out of sleep paralysis or something, and they see these figures, or monsters of some sort in their room.

Edited by creepado

Lucid dreams--most of mine are. I seem to have at least one dream a night where I know I'm dreaming, though I've never tried to control things in them.

What is really scary, though, is sleep paralysis.

It's where your body is already paralyzed, because you are almost asleep--but you can't move--and your mind is in a semi-dream state, so you hallucinate.

I deal with this most often when I'm overly tired, or my mind is too wired to sleep.

When it happens, I can't move or talk--but I see. And it seems to last for hours, but in reality, is probably more like minutes.

I finally got up the nerve to ask my doctor about it-because for a while, I was sure I was losing my mind! She assured me I wasn't--that many people suffer from sleep paralysis--but that most don't remember when they fully 'wake-up'.

I remember...and the only way I can get 'out' of it is if someone touches me and really wakes me up. My daughter can tell when it's happening to me, and will usually come running to bring me out of it.

VERY scary to be wide awake and not able to move a muscle--though I can no at least make some kind of noise to alert help.

Huh, happens to me often but I've always felt more relaxed than scared. Though when I get sleep paralysis I'm still in the middle of a dream or too sleepy to realize what's going on.

I'm also curious on how exactly to get a lucid dream. Whenever I'm in a dream I'm never actually... conscious, for lack of a better word, enough to begin to think about things. Mostly it just happens.

I dunno, I've never been able to wake up to accomplish WILD.

Is it possible to be in sleep paralysis right as you are woken but don't move?

I don't have many dreams, but when I do, most of the time I can control parts of it, and often I realise I am dreaming, then remind myself not to wake up so that I can finish the dream.

If you can't move it's not SP. The first time I got SP it was frightening, but I've kicked myself since then... Going from SP to lucid dreaming is THE easiest.

Oh, I found the article that told me how to get out of SP super fast... Scrunch up your face three times and it kills SP instantly. I tried it. tongue.gif

SP is basically when you can't move at all. You're always able to move in a dream, basically no matter what (so that's how I THINK you are able to disciminate between SP and an ordinary nightmare.)

I've only had one "real" lucid dream where I could control what happened, but that only lasted for mere seconds. It was a few years ago while I was staying at my aunt's house on vacation and I had dreamed about walking outside my grandma's house at twilight with a few people and just told myself "This is a dream." I tried to jump, but failed, so I just made money appear instead haha.

I've had several chances to control what happened in a dream. Like I had a dream that my high school was a really big shopping mall and my friend started running away and onto some stairs and I was like "Oh, she's running? This is a dream, I'm not doing all that" but then I was like "Whatever, let's just watch" and it was like I was seeing a movie haha.

In another, I just couldn't make my brain believe that I was in a dream. In it we were doing some renovations and I had gone into the restroom and tried to turn on the light, but I couldn't (sign #1, you supposedly can't change the light settings in a dream). Then I looked in the mirror and I saw that my hair was in long, intricate braids around my head, but I knew it wasn't possible because I had just got my hair cut (sign #2, when something about your appearance is different than what you know, you're supposedly dreaming). Then there was a witch/ghost that appeared in the mirror next to my reflection and I asked myself, "Oh gosh, am I dreaming?" and she replied "No, this is all really happening." (sign #3, when you ask yourself if you're dreaming and a character out of the normal says you're not, you are in fact most likely dreaming).

I remember having a lucid dream... once. I actually don't dream often. Well, technically, everybody gets dreams so I guess I don't really remember my dreams. Maybe every three months I'll remember one. I have a feeling that most of my dreams are just memories repeating, because I'll always wake up each morning and have this memory from a year earlier stuck in my head. Anyways, my only lucid dream occurred when I was a small child.

I was in the dream, and walked past an alley. A couple of guys had a knife and was standing over a dead body. I dialed the police, but for some reason the police number was not 911, and was ridiculously long so I gave up halfway through because the criminals were catching up. I loved animals, and I remember running into a zoo and then I woke up.

Had a half fake lucid dream yesterday. -.-

Oh well, I call it progress from having nothing like lucid dreams at all. I looked at my hands (still thought it was a dream) and pinched my nose (that finally worked) and then I spent half the time chanting 'This is a dream, this is a dream, this is a dream... you get the picture' spent most of it blasting classmates and by the time I got bored of it and was about to change the dream I woke up.

I WAS GOING TO PRACTICE FLYING. nuuuu ;-;

It is kind of important to keep a dream diary because round the time when you start remembering two dreams per night, that's when lucidity becomes possible. There's lucidity and then there's vividity.

Edited by DarkEternity

Yeah, I've been writing down in my dream journal, and each day I get closer to lucidity. I remember more of my dream daily. Moral of the story: Keep a dream journal.

Yes! Got another one! The incubation technique works well.

Plus, this time I got my own dream guide! I got him at around half way when I stormed off because I can't get a laser gun to shoot people.

I do remember going on a computer and getting onto dragon cave forum. The set up of the forum in my lucid dream was spot on and I could read the words. But instead of General Discussion, I think it said something like 'Generated topic'.

Edited by creepado

VILD was what I used to do when I was a kid. These days, it doesn't work at all OTL.

But instead of General Discussion, I think it said something like 'Generated topic'.

If I had 1 cent for every time that happened to me, I would be a millionnair blink.gif

Edited by DarkEternity

I'm new to this whole Lucid Dreaming technique. I believe I did have a few dreams which I could control when I was very young, but I have never had one intentionally.

So last night, I put a notebook besides my bed (To record my dreams in), and before I went to sleep, I said numerous times "I will have a Lucid Dream, and I will remember it when I wake up" Two things I noticed;

1) My dreams were a lot more vivid and clearer than usual, and as I usually forget them straight away, I can still remember every action to this point

2) In my first dream, near the end, I remember my teacher asking me what I received for Xmas. At this point, I distinctly recall being able to tell my teacher what I got, but I wasn't telling her from my dream-self, but from my real-self... Get what I mean?

So was that the start of a Lucid Dream? I heard that you don't start Lucid Dreaming as soon as you fall asleep, but nearer the time when you are about to wake up...

Anyway, does anyone have any techniques that I can learn from? I've taken to asking myself whether I am dreaming during random moments in the day, looking at clocks, looking away, and looking back again, and carrying a small object around with me to study when I am asking myself if I am dreaming.

I heard going from sleep paralysis to astral projection works, but I can never sit still long enough to do so. I always have an ich or something. >.<

As well as wake back to bed, set your alarm clock five or so hours after you fall asleep, stay up for thirty minutes reading about lucid dreaming or something similar and go back to bed. I heard it increases your chances or a lucid dream. But this never works for me since I never wake up. And it limits what I can do D:

If I had 1 cent for every time that happened to me, I would be a millionnair  blink.gif

So I'm not the only one to go on dragon cave forums in a lucid dream?

I thought I was the only one...

I tried getting another lucid dream this morning, but I never got it this time. It now seems like a once every few days thing to me. Yesterdays one was only my second lucid dream since I was a child, so I'm not sure about it yet.

Masterlist of techniques. Tried VILD and failed and then had a DILD because I had been thinking about lucid dreaming so much during the day. You people...

Isn't that a good thing?

Edited by creepado

So I'm not the only one to go on dragon cave forums in a lucid dream?

I thought I was the only one...

SO OFTEN. But my first Lucid dream (with me intending to do it) was initiated by me dreaming that I read that wikia article on Lucid dreaming. I was just reading past the section on reality checks when I remembered to do one in a dream... xd.pngD

Isn't that a good thing?

Yup, being frustrated at everyone else's lucid dreams and having a failure induced lucid dream smile.gif Everyone's experiences have encouraged me to practice.

I ALMOST had one once. But I quickly lost control of the dream (within like seemingly a few seconds) and ended up with no dream. So to basically make my point, I suck at lucid dreaming.

SO OFTEN. But my first Lucid dream (with me intending to do it) was initiated by me dreaming that I read that wikia article on Lucid dreaming. I was just reading past the section on reality checks when I remembered to do one in a dream... xd.pngD

Woah... dream inception. Mind= blown

I tried keeping a dream journal to see if that would help me remember my dreams better but last night I couldn't even remember if I'd even had a dream or not...

Ok... I tried VILD this morning. I think I almost got into sleep paralysis. So, I was repeating a made up dream in my head, like you should do. It was walking down a empty school corridor where I look at a billboard on the wall that had pieces of paper saying; "Are you dreaming?" At one point, I could feel everything as if I was going into the dream. I thought: "Yes! I'm going into the dream!" Then It went blank. I could feel my entire body as if it was in mild pins and needles, or that signature "buzzing". I thought: "Am I in sleep paralysis or something?" I didn't try moving. Then it ended, and I could move. I was wide awake again.

I don't get that at all.

Edited by creepado

Not sure what all has been suggested to people yet, but Lucid Dreaming is actually an interesting trip first into your own psyche, and then into the world what your psyche might not typically allow you to recognize.

- Keep a dream journal next to your bed. To exercise the part of your brain that helps you be consciously aware of your dreams, you must help bridge the gap between conscious and un/subconscious. In those first few seconds we wake up we're much more prone to remembering our dreams. Roll over and immediately scribe in shorthand as much as you can remember. Feel free to make keywords for repeat subjects, that allow you to quickly mention a repeat event.

That's the most powerful tool for any beginner. There's a variety of steps that can be found on occult forums and whatnot, because lucid dreaming is often considered a step into free-range astral projection, and also has people use it to reach spirit and dream guides, as someone mentioned earlier on this page. =)

Once you start noticing recurring parts of your dreams, it's always good to start studying what the recurring object or role might represent to you, if anything. Focusing on something like this will help you begin to consciously recognize it while you are in an unconscious state, and can be a sort of "beacon" to waking in your own dream.

Once effective in lucid dreaming, there's a matter of dream walking and astral projection that can be reached into, which is amazing; though, I never used the lucid dreaming method to reach AP state, I much preferred being able to know I wasn't dreaming and to divide my conscious from by subconscious more pro-actively, even if it meant battling to come in contact with necessary parts of my subconscious.

I had a really weird moment guys!

I was trying to get into sleep paralysis and I was almost there due to my arms feeling like jelly. I had read somewhere to get into the vibration stage you need to imagine yourself falling backwards really fast. Well, I couldn't think of that so I imagined myself spinning sideways. I just recalled an image when I was at the state fair and my best friend and I where on this ride where it spins you really fast so you stick to the wall. As I started thinking of that my arms felt really heavy. It was so trippy.

I didn't get into sleep paralysis or in the vibration stage though. Anyone have any tips on that?

Still dying to have a lucid dream. :C

I just can't seem to gain control. Everything always turns out random, but I never seem to even realize I'm dreaming. It's like my mind accepts the dream as...normal events. ._. Even if it's a recurring dream.

I've experienced sleep paralysis before. It was trippy. I didn't panic or anything. I was lying on my stomach and noticed I was starting to drool...swallowing woke me up.