Kiite Morau

Aquariums

I myself am an avid fish keeper, or well, tank keeper I guess. I have:

One 175-gallon tank with two juvenile red-eared sliders. Squiggy and Puddles smile.gif super cuties.

and

One ten-gallon tank with a Crowntail Betta named Rumblefish.

What about you out there? Ever had a fish tank? Still do? What's in it? I'd love to hear who else is keeping fish/other aquatic life in their lives.

I have two right now. A 55 planted, sand and schooling fish and one cranky festivum cichlid. The other is a 30 long, lightly planted and sand with a young striped raphael catfish and a salvini cichlid. The salvini kills anything else I try to put in there. She is a censorkip.gif.

I love my fish tanks, I've had others in the past. Turtles, piranha, african cichlids, all kinds of schooling fish, goldfish, bettas. I would love a large (180+ gallon) planted tank with a bunch of tetras and other schooling fish. I also miss my piranha, they are not at all vicious like people think. They are actually very skittish.

Edited by annageckos

I used to have an aquarium when I was a kid, and my sister and I loved feeding our fish and changing the water. It was so much fun! Although not many fish of ours lived for too long. sad.gif Except for one. xd.png My sister's favourite, which she named "The Cleaner", and I didn't like him because I thought he was too ugly. tongue.gif

I have two fish, technically, though one isn't at my house. I take care of my teacher's veil tail betta fish, Sushi. He has a two gallon tank with live plants and some "furniture". I try to clean his tank on a weekly basis between assignments. He used to live in a beaker that was less than a gallon (it was big, but not that big) until I brought in his current home. He seems much happier.

The betta at home is my mom's and he's a half-moon. He lives in a 2.5 gallon tank, and we just got him a heater.

Smaller tanks are much easier to care for. I like them much more than bigger tanks.

Eh, depends on what you consider "easier." Less water changes needed on larger tanks to mean makes them easier.

Smaller tanks are much easier to care for. I like them much more than bigger tanks.

What, no they aren't.

Larger tanks are always easier to take care of.

I have a 55 gallon planted tank with 1 Angelfish, 3 Serpae Tetras, 5 Black Skirt Tetras, 6 assorted Cory cats, 6-7 Zebra Danios, and a pleco. I have 2 types of Sword plants, 1 Anubias Barteri, 1 crypt, 1 Java fern and 1 Wisteria. I also have a betta sorority tank with 7 females and 3 plants that I'm going to be giving to my nephew.

I have a 55 gallon planted tank with 1 Angelfish, 3 Serpae Tetras, 5 Black Skirt Tetras, 6 assorted Cory cats, 6-7 Zebra Danios, and a pleco. I have 2 types of Sword plants, 1 Anubias Barteri, 1 crypt, 1 Java fern and 1 Wisteria. I also have a betta sorority tank with 7 females and 3 plants that I'm going to be giving to my nephew.

I love betta sororities! I have one with 7 females (and numerous other fish species). smile.gif

I love betta sororities! I have one with 7 females (and numerous other fish species). smile.gif

Cool! biggrin.gif How big is your tank?

ohmy.gif Pics please.

I'm planning on doing something similar to this with my own 55 once I get moved into my new house and settled in. It'll be my first time dealing with a planted tank, do you have a CO2 system set up for your plants?

I used to have a 36g bowfront FOWLR saltwater tank with 2 ocellaris clowns, 3 green chromis, a six-line wrasse, a pygmy flameback angel, a gold-head goby, and a black sailfin blenny. Sadly I had to dismantle it and adopt out the fish when I moved, but I do at least still have my 10g planted aquarium with my halfmoon betta, Cumberfish.

I have a 2.5 gallon with a copper halfmoon betta named Mizuiro. He's my second betta, my first one was named Ginji.

If I ever get another one, I'm probably going to continue the weeaboo fish names convention for the lulz.

Here, have a picture of my heavily decorated tank.

user posted image

(I tried having stuff in there, he trashes everything aside from a big log you can't see)

Edited by grimace

Used to have an aquarium with different fish (Guram,Scalar,Leri,etc) but I no longer have one right now. I grew having aquarium and I'm pretty good at it though.

I love watching "Tanked" on Animal Planet - I enjoy seeing all kinds of aquariums and what fish they use, it always fascinates me. wub.gif

I love tanks~ How fun. I have a 25 gallon tank with a Chinese algae eater name Bruiser, and a Rainbow Shark named Stanley. They use to not get along, but they have seemed to mellow out. Bruiser even hangs out in Stanley's temple from time to time.

Stanley also loves hanging out vertically underneath my filter system. I assume he likes the current, but it freaked me out the first time I saw him do it xd.png I thought he was dead