Shibadruid

Guardians of Samnris

Lolong gasped at the sight of the wreckage, instinctively covering her face with her wing as though to shield herself from the awful sight, causing her to land with a clumsy thud. She decided to follow Zhy'kalon's lead and see if there was anything she could do to help. She followed him to the nearest ridgewing. "Yes, is there anything we can do?"

((sorry, I was gone for a while, hopefully I can catch up))

Aoi crossed her forearms the whole time in midair as ger'land took off and landed over and over again. She sighed happily as they finally started to go to the direction of the rid gaming clan.

Before Aoi even landed, she could see that the ridge wing clan was nothing but a big.... No not big, huge pile of useless rubble. She landed next to ger'land and peered around her surroundings. It was as if a giant dragon burned everything down, maybe even worse. Ridgewings we're everywhere, most of them, unlucky. It's like my life The lindwurm thought, But it's nicer on the outside, not obvious like this.

((Sorry elpdraws, I don't think I'll let you in yet. Maybe once I decide that I can handle more people))

The ridgewing Zhy'kalon and Lolong were talking to responded tersely "do whatever you can to help the wounded, or gather up the dead. Do not dispose of them though. We have our special customs. Especially considering what happened. That (what happened to be clear) I'll explain later. Now get to work." Ger'land's conversational partner, however, was a bit more talkative, if a bit more confusing. He began by snapping his head up, as if coming out of a daze, and said What! Who is it? He looked around with largely dilated pupils, looking as if he feared what would become of him if he didn't find the imaginary threat. Oh, others ... I guess I should explain. You see, at daybreak, some of our clan decided, well ... He gave a shudder in recollection of the past event. Well, they decided to ally with the evil dragons. We didn't all do it! He stammered quickly, as if he felt that at any suspicion, Ger'land might off him. To be fair, Ger'land's quizzical expression didn't help his demeanor at all. So, we fought, the evil ones broke out and flew off to the south, but not before they put our houses and homes to the torch. We spent the rest of the day till now trying to stop the censorkip.gif thing. Will you guys help us? We could use some help here, but later we need someone to exact revenge. We will tell you when you can do that. The ridgewing seemed to brighten up and become more confident and forceful at the thought of revenge, as if that would clear all debts. Ger'land wasn't too pleased about that, but he went to the nearest tree and started chopping it down for lumber.

Edited by Shibadruid

Zhy'kalon looked at Lolong and said "We had better start tending to the wounded. The dead can wait, the hurt need more... urgent attention." He started patching up the ridgewings' wounds with leaves and searching for medicines in the forest. "What a great omen," he muttered sarcastically. "This war is going well." He hoped things would turn for the better soon, but at the moment all he could do was help as much as he could.

Aoi listened as well as she can about the situation before she turned to the whole scene again.

To help she looked around to see some of the dragons going to the wounded, and the dead lay untouched. Well might as well help those who aren't so lucky Aoi thought and went over to a ridgewing body that sprawled across the scorched ground.

"I wonder how his relatives feel right about now," the lindwurm thought out loud as she started dragging the body across the ground to where some other bodies were already being stacked.

Electria still stayed in the air not sure what to do. Has she hit tye ground she looked at the scene around her. Dead bodies were every where with wounded dragons limping around. She saw the others Talking to them, but she just sat down.

((Hey, anyone on the 'bad' side still on? Or are finals/midterms getting to everyone?))

Ger'land looked more closely at the village as he cut down lumber for housing. He could see the huts were clearly ravaged by dragon-fire, and the thatched roofs were burst outwards, as if the ones who sided with the bad dragons flew out of the buildings, then burned them. As Ger'land dragged a log to a fresh pile he had started, he inspected the wounds of a nearby dragon. clearly draconic, but it seems that those are just overlapping some older, deeper wounds. Interesting ... Ger'land muttered as he flew back to the forest. The old-growth trees were massive, towering over even the greatest and largest of dragons. Ger'land wished he could be similar to them in one respect: the trees could command authority, without fear or discontent among the commanded. Ger'land was thinking about this as he realized that the sun was setting. The flaming orb was on the horizon such that it looked like at any second it would land and come rolling towards them. Ger'land flew back one final log before he rounded everyone up.

We'll have more time to help them tomorrow. For now, I suggest we rest up. It's been a long day. Ger'land walked into one of the new huts that had been build, looked around for a while, then craned his neck out and called: Hey! We can all fit in here! I know they aren't five star accommodations, but we need to conserve space for the wounded. You're lucky I even managed to get this one built. Oh, just come on, don't be shy ...

Aet'na was impatient, she could see the sun setting, and she wasn't very happy about all the time she had lost trying to prod these people to get moving. The one thing she could take comfort in was that the 'good' dragons were essentially taking a defenseive stand, so they couldn't do too much unless they wanted to go on a suicide mission into the 'bad' dragons' territory. Hey! Get a move on! Aet'na yelled impatiently into the ears of Caecilia and Allspice.

It may have been callous, but she hoped it would work.

Edited by Shibadruid

Zhy'kalon glanced at the dragon he was treating. "Still so much work to be done," he thought, "Will they even make it through the night? I suppose it is getting late, and there won't be enough light to keep helping soon. Plus I'm getting tired, so I suppose sleep wouldn't be such a bad thing. But then again, I'll probably wake up to find half the dragons didn't make it through the night. Well, might as well make use of the light I have left. Ger'land and the others can sleep, but I'll help as much as possible." Zhy'kalon yawned. "Of course, I will join them eventually." He gathered a few more medicines and sat down by the dragons, treating their wounds as fast as he could, determined to make as much as possible of the daylight he had left, and save as many lives as he could.

((Ok all dragons on the dark side except Shibadruid, you need to post so the bad side doesn't stay there for ever))

Electria followed Ger'land into the hut and sat down. She wasn't that tired anyway.She looked around the small space, looking at all the dragons faces in turn. "Hmm, someone is missing" she thought looking around the place again. "Oh well, I don't need to worry about that" She lied on the ground, streching her legs. "I should really be at home" she thought. "I have no experience whatsoever, I don't like this world any way and who knows what could happen out there" that time she said all of this in a rather loud whisper.

Aoi listened to ger'land's words and had to disagree.

"I'm staying up to help, and of course keep guard, you never know when those scums will come back" she said and went over to zhy'kalon with the ridgewing's wounds.

Watching zhy'kalon, "I think you might want to work a bit slower, I can make it up during the night" Aoi advised hoping she hasn't offended him in some way

Aet'na sighed. Whatever, I'm off. See you later. Aet'na leaped into the air and put all her strength into catching up with Bloodvein.

Hey! Bloodvein! Slow down, the others need to catch up. Also, it's late and I think we should set up camp for the night, Aet'na said as she scoped out the hills near the center mountain range. This cave looks cozy, what do you think? Aet'na was pointing to a sheltered, if a bit small, hole on the side of one of the hills.

Ger'land knew that they weren't too pleased with him. He sighed to himself, and thought, Well, being forceful sure isn't working. As much as I hate to say it, I'll have to let them make more decisions on their own. Who knows, they might actually know what to do! But still, I shouldn't change that much immediately, or else they'll know something's up ... Ger'land sighed again, why is it so hard to please people and keep control over them. Oh well, not like I can decide how they react. Ger'land decided to set up a lookout with his power of scrying, as it was getting dark.

Edited by Shibadruid

Bloodvein roared "No! I want to attack the other clan!"

He ignored the cave and continued flying in the direction of the other clan. He saw something over in the distance behind a mountain. He wondered if that was the other clan. "Their just over that!"

Are you crazy? They most likely have sentries, we are down three people, four actually cause I won't follow you, it's dark, and we don't know the lay of the land! But if you want to die, not my problem. Aet'na roared back at him, with all the ferocity she could muster. She honestly couldn't understand his thought process ... if only she could read Bloodvein's mind like he could read her's.

Daisya saw Aet'na leave and followed her, what was the point staying behind with the rest. They were all very slow anyway. After a while he landed on the ground and summoned his fire. "There no point being blind is there" he thought. He shot a flame in the sky and saw the whole sky light up. He flew back in the air and for about five seconds he could see everything. "This way" he thought and started to fly again. "I wonder if I will catch up to them"

Caecilia blinked back into reality and saw that Bloodvein and Aet'na had already took off. She took to the air and without hardly using any energy she was hurtling through the air. As she flew she passed another dragon who was using fire to see where they were going. Caecilia recognized the dragon as one of the ones in the "bad group" but the other draggon was going about half as fast as Caecilia was going so she left them behind. In almost no time she had caught up with Aet'na and Bloodvein. She flew behind them for a few seconds trying to make as little noise as possible and then roared, "Hello!" right in their ears. "Sorry..." she quickly followed with. "I was trying to formulate a better plan in my head. I am not used to coming up with plans. And another one of the dragons is one their way to us. I passed by them as I flew."

Allspice shook herself out of her dazed state and saw that the others were taking off. Lucky. I wish I had wings. The Mint broke into a run, gradually gaining speed and starting to catch up with the others. She could see Daisya breathing fire, and uttered a thank you to him under her breath. She was a swift runner. She could catch up.

Ah, Caecilia, good to see that you're following us. This guy wanted to attack the enemy right now, even with all their advantages. Ae'na said this as she jerked her head towards Bloodvein. What do you think about his suicide mission, cause I just want a good nights sleep. Oh, and is Allspice coming, or is she still dazed?

As Ger'land was scrying, he decided to peek over the mountains that seperated them from the evil dragons who sought to destroy the safety of Samnris. Oh, no ... this is bad. Ger'land moaned. He walked out of his room, and tried to round up the others. Guys, I need to show you something ... this is serious, so I need you to trust me, please. Your duties can wait, because this is way more serious than just one clan. Follow me, and you'll see soon enough ...

Edited by Shibadruid

Allspice ran faster and faster, until she felt she had the right amount of momentum. Then she leaped, gaining impressive height and distance. She landed gracefully on all fours and continued running. Her efforts were rewarding her immensely, and she was catching up. Allspice's eyes were not perfect at seeing in the dark, but she could have sworn that she saw Bloodvein. The Mint decided to trust her instinct and go after the vague image.

"did I ever say I didn't trust you" Aoi asked, stopping from her herbal work, and flew over to ger'land. "either way you sound serious, so what's even worse than this" she followed the dragon to where he says the trouble is bigger than just one clan