BoomSALMON

Last Dragons

((So its just a big battle? Lovely))

Bloodvein was watching the battle from the top of a large hill, the grass was damp and a bit muddy it was irritating him. He got up from the ground and roared loudly before flying down into the battle at an alarming speed.

((What races are in the battle? Dragons, Humans etc?))

Hex flew over the silver peaks, Terpsichore riding on his back. "Where are we going?" She asked him. "A cave, to rest" he answered. "Really? Why? I'm not tired at all! Oh, your probably tired, aren't you? I noticed we've been stopping more, and you seem worried. Are you worried? Why do you keep looking over your shoulder?" She said hardly stopping for breath. "Yes, because we need to sleep, yes I am, yes, and because I think someone might be following us" He answered all her questions at once, a skill he had mastered over the year. When he had first rescued her she was a small, frightened little 14 year old girl. Now, on his back, sat a confident, outgoing, strong young lady, with the mind of a philosopher. He had gotten used to her constant questions and trained her to ask them. Now, he had to train her to answer them. "Oh, fun! Can we light a fire this time? When will you start training me to fight? Will I have another test tonight? I hope not. They're hard. Why is the sea blue?" her voice interrupted his thoughts. "Yes, tomorrow, yes, and why don't you ask it?" he said with a mischievous smile on his face. Terpsichore laughed.

(dragons, arcarai, goblins, giant bugs, and humans.)

Ellis threw Pete against a tree. "I've been waiting to kill you!" he said showing his fangs.

Edited by BoomSALMON

Hex dove into the mountains, landing on a small ledge. On the side of the mountain, a little further up the path, was a small cave. "You've been here before, and often." Terpsichore observed. "Yes, excellent observation. Tell me, what gave you that clue?" Hex said turning to look at her. "Because when I asked you about it you said 'a cave' you didn't say 'to find a place to rest' you knew exactly where. Also you dove to the best landing spot in the area without looking for it, hence you knew where to land. And judging by the tracks, no one comes here often, except a dragon and only a single dragon, you!" she explained. "Good, now if your that smart, then I have a scroll I need translated. It is in my satchel." he said walking to the cave.

A group of feral arcarai were busy eating on top of the cave some unlucky eggs that never hatched. They saw prey coming and they hid.

(Ok!)

Terpsichore reached down for the scroll when she felt Hex tense. "Hex, are y-" she was cut off by Hex signaling for her to be quiet. "Someone is in the cave" he whispered. "Stay here" she slid off his back and hid inside a rocky crevice. Peeking out of the hole she watched Hex approach the cave.

Hex walked toward the cave with caution, but pretended not to know anyone was there. He entered the cave.

The feral soldiers were hooked to stalagmites on the ceiling, waiting to come down and kill at any moment. Foolish dragon was probably blind, he didn't even notice them. They waited for the perfect moment.

Hex glanced around the cave casually. He saw the soldiers hooked on the roof but acted like he thought they were bats. He pulled some kindling out of a pack and began setting it up to build a fire.

That's when they flew down and attacked, except for two who walked outside the cave to make sure no one helped the prey.

(I'm going to give descriptions to all the species, so everyone knows them.)

Hex was prepared. He had already calculated 7 different ways to kill them all. He decided on the #4. His tail spun aiming to hit at least three of them and knock them to the wall senseless. His talons where lifted catching one by its face. He slammed it to the ground, crushing its skull. His wings extended flapping the air to push the rest back to the stalagmites on the ceiling.

The two arcarai were ribbing each other and slowly advanced on the woman outside the cave. Weapons drawn, they were going to eat this one alive.

Hex finished off the rest of the arcarai. His mouth bloody and the cave full of a gory mess. He crushed the one gaurding the entrance under his foot.

Terpsichore screamed. "Hex!"

The arcarai aimed a venomous bite to kill before eating at the woman, ingoring the dragon who killed his friend.

Two arcarai spies for Ellis who had been camouflaged in the grass flew toward the army, trying to lure the two to their death.

Seth saw Pete in a bad position, so he took a block and threw it at Ellis's head. In the time he had, he jumped down, and ran to be beside Pete. "I'm here to help!"

Ellis aimed a stab to Seth's back with his knife. Pete saw it and knew he was too late to do anything.

Hex looked worried. "We need to go to trent." he said. Terpsichore asked no questions, she simply got back on his back. Hex lunged into the air headed for trent.

The arcarai spies started to throw the knives to lure the two even faster, waiting for Arcarai to come from sides.