_Z_

Turpentine breeding results.

whew ... updated to here.

for interest of updating faster, please list the egg type instead of just linking it happy.gif as i'll not be clicking links to check the egg type any longer

i'm also goign to be making a google doc that allows anyone to edit. will look much nicer than the post *nods*

looks liek GW's have a high rate of refusal. and every 1 out of 12 that do accept will produce a GW egg. the lineage is pretty, but loks to be an aggrevating challenge *nods*

also, seems liek the Heartseekers aren't fond of the Turps, though the Marrows seem to like shacking up with them.

Blacks, looks liek a 50/50 shot. and it seems liek Stripes will give you a good accepting rate as well as a high chance of producing a Black Stripe egg (25% of the bred pairs produced a Stripe egg, good odds considerign the breed is racing to catch up to the cave ratios)

Edited by Red2111

So far...

Turpentine x Nebular = refusal

Turpentine x GW = refusal

Turpentine x Spotted Greenwing = Turpentine Egg

turpentine X gold : no interest

turpentine X sw : 1 refusal, 3 no interest, 2 eggs

turp x turp = turp

turp x stripe = turp

Im still new to all of this so I may be laughed at a bit for sucessfully breeding this:

Horse X Turpentine HERE

Resulting in a turpentine egg.

EDIT: Lineage link

Edited by nintendont

Thanks for updating all the deets, Red2111!

Looking at the numbers gathered in this thread, do you think TJ might've actually taken breed descriptions into account (at least for some)? 'Cause it makes sense for marrows to accept turps as mates due to smell ("Despite their dreadful demeanour and often horrid stench...") and golden wyverns to refuse them on the basis of colour ("often mingle with other dragons of similar color..."). It's interesting, nevertheless, to have a breed that is so outright with refusals.

@ Kelkelen: Dunno whether we could actually get a conclusive idea of that - we can't really tell whether we're having way more refusals for GWs compared to other breeds because more people are trying that pairing more than others or whatnot. But if we are... it does look like the wyverns don't want the smelly turps dipping into their shiny gene pool. :P

turp x GW = Refuse

Turp x Magma = Refuse

Turp x Purple Neb = Refuse

Turp x Ember = Turp

Turp x Black = No interest

Turp x Flamingo = Turp

Turp x Terra = Turp

Turp x Winter = Turp

Turpentine x Nebular = Turpentine egg.

turp x electric -> turp egg

turp x neb -> interest, but no egg

tongue.gif

Rather looking forward to breeding them with nebulae now... blue and black and yellow is pretty. =)

Edited by kleptomaniac

Turp x Tan Ridgewing = Refusal

Turp x Tan Ridgewing = Refusal

Turp x Purple Ridgewing = Refusal

This lineage project is off to a good start. 8D

Hey Red, I just prodded my friend into testing two breedings that haven't been tried (according to the document, apologies if they actually have), so you can add these to it smile.gif :

Turp x Yulebuck = Turp egg produced

Turp x Sunrise = Turp egg produced

Edited by Lullakai-Shi

awesome and updated

i'm happy to see so many of the breeds accepting these smelly guys *nods*

Turp x Holly = No interest, no egg.

Such a pretty pairing too...

Bred 3 Terps

One no interest, other two got Terp eggs

Marrow x Terp

Green Nebula x Terp And here I thought they would be difficult to breed with other dragons like in TJ's description.

Edited by Dragonbox

I bred one at one try

Turp x Ballon = Turp egg

I was kinda surprised about getting one from that honestly ...