akiraa

Spirit Animal

(Skarx, just a warning, we timeskipped, we can go on with this for awhile, but don't try to interact with anyone else. I just decided to timeskip so that we can move on to more exciting things past introductions.)

Anita almost gagged at the condition of the house. It was ALMOST as bad as her parents house. She sighed and said "Well then, lets get to work..." And quickly set to finding something to dust the place with. Ollie just sighed and went about finding a nice place to lay down out of the way.

Training in a clearance deeper in the forest, Mitsuko had been practicing her Creation powers. So far, she had managed to create some flowers and a mockingbird.

Are you sure you're not over-doing it? Riku asked carefully from further away where he had been watching.

"I'm okay." Jade huffed as she felt her energy decrease. But it was worth it. The mockingbird was singing happily, it was healthy, and the flowers were perfect; they weren't withered nor had a disease like the last bunch.

I think we should go back to the village. Riku noted as he stood next to Jade, allowing her to lean.

"Thanks." Jade smiled as she hugged the husky-malamute.

When they arrived back to the village, they noticed how a fuss was around the healer's house. Jade noticed Ren and Akira coming out of the healer's house.

"Hey, what happened?" Jade asked, forgetting her own weariness.

Ren looks at Finn and nods in agreement with Akira's statement then looks at Jade. "Baka and Kye Kye went to play around and decided to climb a tree the branches broke and they fell." She states simple looking down at Baka who looks at Riku. "So what have you two been up to?" He asks wincing a little in pain. Ren looks over at Jade sighing some. "Well better get these two healed before anything else happens I am not in the mood for another headache." She says starting to walk to the healers house again.

Edited by Shadowwolflegend

"Alright," Finn said. Without further ado he helped with the burden. Finn himself loved trees; he loved to drape himself across rough overhanging limbs in the forest, watching all that passed underneath and around him for hours on a time. He would also climb up tall ones when he wanted to avoid other people, which was often. But he had scarce heard of a dog who loved trees.

(Is it okay to introduce an immediate problem?)

Finn asked about a matter that had been pressing on his mind as he worked. "Have you heard? This morning (one of the hunters) was attacked by a chimera. He says that it was probably part of a large pride. It ran away wounded, but is bound to come back." Finn paused. "And if it is part of a larger pride, then we'd be in trouble."

Edited by Sylverfinger

(Hmm.. that's fine. For now *grins evily*)

Akira thanked Finn then said "I have heard, that's part of the reason I was on patrol. To make sure there were no more close by. The Clan leaders are all gathered to try and convince the elders to allow a hunting party. The verdict should be announced by the middle of the day today." Soon they were in the healers, and the healer told the group to leave the familiars here for a bit, and she'd take care of them. Akira nodded and thanked her before she turned and said "Anyways, thanks for the help Finn." Akira then turned to Jade and said "Pretty much, that's the gist of it. Why they decided to get up in the tree, I don't know."

(EDIT: Added new area to the first post. Please look at it smile.gif It tells the current story arc with a small description as well as other info on it.)

Edited by akiraa

Ren thanks the healer letting her take Baka from her arms. She the turns and looks at Finn. "Yes I heard about it well more saw it thankfully he wasen't hurt." She says sighing. "I just hope we aren't going to get attacked by a group of them." She says rubbing her forehead slightly.

"Anytime," Finn replied to Akria.

To Ren, he said, "If they move closer, there probably will have to be a battle." He turned to look at the town, now bustling with activity. "If they do move closer, I just wonder what the town's going to be like when it's finished." Were they ready? No incident had happened in the month that he had been there; the longest peacetime the town had ever enjoyed, he was told.

Suddenly a man ran up to them. "The council's decided..."

"And?"

The man ignored his prompt. "It's too late. The chimera pride was sighted half a kilometer from the town. The council's summoned everyone to fight."

(Current Arc edited.)

Akira looked up and said "Already? We should move then. Quickly. We need to get to the Chimera's before they get into the town." Right then, both Baka and Kye Kye walked out (Forgive me for controlling Baka for a sec, just wanted to get him out of the healers and with Ren) fully healed. Akira whistled and Kye Kye quickly ran over. Akira informed Kye Kye of what was going on. She nodded and said "Right! I'm ready to help!" Akira nodded and said "Let's go everyone."

(What Chimera's look like: (X))

"I was training with my Creation powers." Jade told them.

I'm glad Kye Kye and Baka are going to feel better! Riku smiled.

---

"Chimera's?" Jade sighed as she heard what happened.

(sry, in a hurry, couldn't do a long post :/)

A bugle sounded, and people began to rush out of buildings, stopping what they were doing and reaching for weapons. "It's starting?" Finn asked. He had to raise his voice slightly over the clamour. His blood was already pounding faster at the battle that was coming. But were they ready for a huge pride of chimeras?

(Sorry it's boring, I have a brain freeze.)

(( It's ok I don't mind akiraa ))

Ren sighed holding her staff tigher the she looks down at Baka. "Good to see that you are better." She states telling Baka about what is going on. Baka flinched at the sound of the bugles then looks at Ren who was holding her head wincing in pain. People were attacking the group of Chimeras bloodshed was everywhere. She sees herself and the others fighting agenst some of the chimeras. When two chimeras came after Akira one from the front and one from behind. Ren looks at Akira worriedly. "Akira stick with one of us durring this battle don't go off alone." She says holding her head slightly using her staff to help her stand.

Akira looked at Ren then nodded and said "Alright, I'll be sure to do that. Now, we should get going." She looked at Kye Kye who was half on the ground front paws over her ears whimpering from the bugle. She bent down and said "It's alright now Kye Kye, the bugles are done." Kye Kye nodded and got up and Akira started running towards the battle, expecting the others to follow.

--

Once there, it was utter chaos. At LEAST 50 Chimera's where there, if not more. Some people were already being dragged off to the healers, while some Chimera's where fighting bloodied and injured. Akira made sure she had someone by her, before quickly jumping into the fray, katana drawn. Kye Kye increased her size to that of a Chimera, and quickly jumped on one, biting and ripping off it's reptile/dragon head before going for the main lion one.

Both growling, Jade and Riku attacked.

Jade slashed around with her claw weapons, a crackling light around them. Riku, increasing his size when Jade used her Creation powers, bit and clawed the Chimeras and gave them a lot to think when he bit their tails.

Jade also used her Creation powers to make tons of small weapons she could throw at the Chimeras.

Crap. Can't Create in 5 minutes. Jade growled as her energy level notched down. She noticed Akira and Kye Kye fighting not so far away from them.

"Come Riku!" Jade said as she ran over them.

"Care if I join your company?" she grinned to them.

Akira glanced at Jade and said "Sure." Before quickly refocusing on the task at hand. She shoved her katana through a Chimera head, while also creating two spikes of darkness that shot through the Goat and Lizard head at the same time. The Chimera soon killed over, but another one quickly moved into the others spot. Akira made kunai's out of darkness which shot for the Chimera, who simply batted them away, one getting stuck in it's paw though. It roared in pain, before the lizard head went to remove it, only for it to disappear back into shadows.

Yelling, Jade aimed at the Chimera's wounded paw, nearly just to be striken by the lizard head.

Luckily it just seemed to disappear into the shadows, so Jade got a chance to give a good two swiped to the Chimera before Jade had to bounce away. It hissed and roared, double pissed now.

"Woah, these guys are kinda hard to kill!" Jade noted as she flung some shurikens towards the Chimeras.

Finn took a deep breath before he leapt into battle. Soon he lost track of time and the rest of the battle. His vision narrowed and he saw red. He swung his double-bladed spear into a Chimera, and then yanked it out to knock off another which had come up behind him. He cast another Chimera the illusion that the ground had suddenly fallen away from it, leaving it on top of a small column. The Chimera flew, though, and would have knocked his head off if Finn hadn't ducked. It flew back for another attack, and Finn threw an illusion of a storm of arrows at it. The Chimera swerved away.

Finn heard a Chimera behind him and flung a throwing knife at him. It killed the lizard head, but it wasn't enough. The snake reared for an attack. Its head flashed forward - and then suddenly the Chimera collapsed on the ground, an arrow sticking out of each of its throats. Some person carrying a bow darted away, and Finn barely had time for a "Thanks" before another Chimera came.

He saw Jade and Akira out of the corner of his eye and slowly made his way towards them. "Tough lot, yeah," he yelled over the noise of goat heads bleating, lion heads roaring, people shouting, and the clash of weapons. A Chimera appeared and he drove his spear through the lion's mouth and through its head.

Edited by Sylverfinger

Akira nodded and said "Yep, but then of course it doesn't help you need to kill all three heads to actually kill the damn things." She barely dodged as a chimera flew at her trying to claw her. Though during the dodge, she also chopped off one of it's wings, making it crash into the ground. Kye Kye was soon on it, ripping and tearing at any throat on it she could get ahold of. Akira soon sent a spike of darkness from her hand into the eye of a chimera that was about to attack Finn from behind, killing the head it was in and making the Chimera jump back in fright.

(Yes you need to kill all three of the main heads to kill it, the snake does not have dominant control over the body, and may live for a few minutes after the three heads die, but can't do much and soon perishes with the rest of the body.)

Edited by akiraa

Riku leaped next to Kye Kye, aiding her in ripping the Chimera into sushi.

Jade now took her bow and arrows, aiming at different Chimeras. And she aimed for their eyes. Blinding a few of the Chimeras, Jade noticed that people started to have slight troubles.

"Poop." Jade sighed as she still felt her energy level too down to Create. "Two more minutes..." After those two minutes, bad@$$ could happen if she used her powers at the same time with others.

"Akira! Finn! Listen, I got a plan: in two minutes, my powers have recharged. When it has recharged, we could all use our powers at the same time, hopefully killing some Chimeras, or at least distract them." Jade explained.

"Are we good, or do you two have better ideas or plans?" she added. Jade's plans weren't always the best, her plans were usually just a quick made ones.

Edited by Kayrinda

Akira swung her katana, managing to decapitate a goat head. She looked at Jade and said "I got no plans. Might as well try. What do you think Finn?" She said as she jumped back and threw Kunai's of darkness at the chimera she just decapitated. One went through the eye of the dragon head, but not deep enought to kill it, the rest just made some cuts on the Chimera.

Ren ran into the fray a little bit after the others having to recover a little with Baka by her side. As they entered a chimera came swooping down to try and take them out but Ren easily dodged underneith it and thrusted her staff up to hit the lion head in the throat. The lion head tried to roar at her only to start coughing and feel it's airway collapsing. The other heads looked at her with a rage and dove at her again this time though she used her staff like a pole vault and jumped over the chimera that crashed into a tree behind her. Once it hit the tree Baka ran up it's back and started clawing at the eyes and dodging swiftly when it tried to swipe him away.

(How many people are in the town? If there's, say, about three dozen Chimeras with four heads each, that's at least 144 times we have to kill them. And are the snakes poisonous?)

"Alright with me..." Finn replied. "In fact, let's meet up with as many people as we can, so it'll be more effective."

Finn looked away at them for a crucial second, and then grunted as a wing knocked the wind out of him. The goat head bleated in his ear as he stabbed the lion head. He saw a flash of movement, and then felt a searing pain in his side. Too late, he saw the snake head drawing back, and the red marks where it had bitten him. He managed to throw it an illusion of him turning into a huge monster before Finn doubled up on the ground. The Chimera reared and ran. Finn put his fingers to his wound, and when he took them back his hand was covered in blood. His side felt on fire.

Finn groaned with pain. "I'm bitten..."

Edited by Sylverfinger

(Hmm.. looks like a rattlesnake... so... yeah, sorry ^.^' Also, it is a huge town, but not everyone is fighting since you have to have some people taking care of the injured, getting the injured out, and then you have the elderly, or those who just decided not to fight in fear of the Chimera's. I mean, we can't have the whole town fighting them, that would be no fun tongue.gif)

Anita and Allen were soon near Akira and them, and looked at Finn. Allen sighed and said "I'll take him to the healer, Anita and Akira, cover me. We'll both be back once the poison is gone." With that Anita quickly caused Ice Daggers to rain on the nearby Chimera's by freezing the water in the air, and Akira ended up throwing darkness kunai's at any Chimera that tried to get near Allen and Finn. Allen quickly grabbed Finn and said "You'll be back out in no time. You really have to watch out for those tails..."

Finn pushed Allen's helping hand away, and managed to get up himself. "I can walk," he said stubbornly. He staggered towards the healer's tent, but then fell abruptly. He briefly closed his eyes, his face white.

Edited by Sylverfinger

Allen rolled his eyes and grabbed Finn, now carrying him to the tent. He then said "He got bitten by one of the snakes." One of the healers nodded and quickly set to work on Finn, first dealing with the poison before the wound. Allen turned and said "If he feels better, send him back out to fight. I'll be going now." He then walked out and back into the fight.

"I don't like snakes." was all that Jade said before she shot an arrow towards the snake after Finn left.

"But I like Finn's idea; lets go and get as many people gathered around, then each of us use our powers to the Chimeras." she added.

Dodging and slashing and shooting around, Jade tried to do her best in both protecting people and damaging the Chimeras. However, there were just too many for her to be able to even kill one. We actually, she managed to kill one very injured Chimera.