PeachSapling

Dove Pins OOC

"Dove Children" Character sheet:

Username: Evangeline5432

Character name: Elayna Whalen

Looks: With white hair

Power: Light Manipulation: Can absorb the light energy around her and manipulate. This usually results in healing herself or someone. Or even manipulating it into a solid object.

Limit: Absorbing too much energy or using her ability will result in a nosebleed or worse. She can not absorb energy for long otherwise it would kill her.

Dislikes: Silence

Personality: Is talkative

Past Life: Will be RP'd

Other: Unknowingly Adriana's twin.

Edited by evangeline5432

Question, so, for the time thing. Is 30 seconds only 30 seconds back in time? ORRRRR Is he able to go back in time per several years or etc. and time moves at impossible speed so that each time he time travels going further back takes a few 'seconds' longer?

Yeah I agree with Chasilin. Is it the # of seconds back in time, or is it the time he uses the power? Like, 1 hour goes past by every second he uses it? Or, 1 second goes back on time?

I refer to the actual time of the world. He 'rewinds' at the 1 second per second. When he activates his power, the speed of the world comes to a crawl (Including himself, actually, but he retains the memory of it) and eventually stops. Then, it starts to rewind at the same pace that life normally played.

Compare it to a ball being thrown in the air. Time plays normally. (The ball is thrown into the air.) He activates his power. (The ball loses speed in the air.) Time stops, momentarily. (The ball reaches his peak hight.) The world slowly starts to rewind. (The ball starts to slowly fall down.) The rewind takes effect at the natural speed. (The ball falls under the extent of gravity.) Robby de-activates the power. (The ball is caught.)

Make sence, here? The speed of the ball represents the speed of the world. The direction of the ball (Rising or falling) represents the direction of time. (Normal or Rewind.)

EDIT:

"Dove Children" Character sheet:

Username: Thegreenrobby

Character name: Skyne Nopree

Looks: Very tall for his age, about 5'6. His eyes are a low green, with a hint of hazel. His hair is reddish, with streaks of brown.

Power: Can reverse time, but only minor events. Only he will remember reversing time, unless he touches someone when he activates that power. The longer he spends using this power, rewinding, the more ill effects come upon him.

<5 seconds: No effect.

5-15 seconds: Coughs, last about a minute.

15-20 seconds: Stomach cramps.

20-30 seconds: That... vomity feeling, will likely actually vomit. Hair starts to turn grey.

30+: Fatal effects. May actually die.

Using this power multiple times in a row may also stack the time.

Dislikes: Dis-advantages, vegetables that aren't corn.

Personality: Skyne is a 'Stickler,' so to speak. He is always the one to follow the rules. He is a joke-cracker, and likes to poke fun at various things. He smiles a lot.

Past Life: His parents raised him like any other generic child. They taught him one simple guideline to life:

"Follow the rules of your leaders, but have fun when there are none."

He knows nothing of the Dove Pin setstory.

Other: Cipe era snip evod!

Edited by thegreenrobby

...Maybe I understand? *Has a 5th grade mind*

Evangeline, I reserved the last spot to Fractional.

Chasilin, both are accepted. ((Well, really, the changes are accepted and the character is accepted.))

Edit: Robby, accepted! ((Even though I may or may not know how your power works! xd.png))

Edited by PeachSapling

...Maybe I understand? *Has a 5th grade mind*

Evangeline, I reserved the last spot to Fractional.

Chasilin, both are accepted. ((Well, really, the changes are accepted and the character is accepted.))

Edit: Robby, accepted! ((Even though I may or may not know how your power works! xd.png))

Lemme put it this way. If he were to try to rewind while some music was playing, the music would slow down (Similar to that of a broken record,) stop, and then play backwards. The backwards music would still have the same beat and tempo, but the lyrics would be sung backwards. Make sence?

Also, it's quite ironic. First we were complaining that there weren't enough spots. Now, people are fighting over them? How about we just add one more spot and give it to Evangeline? 12 characters instead of 11 seems more cliche, anyways.

Peach, there could be an unknown dove child. Like whoever sent these children didn't even know about her or thought she had died?

For that matter, Adriana and Elayna could have been one person at a time but something happened with their powers and they were parted...

That could lead to a interesting plot.

I'm not fighting Robby, I just asked for a spot and was never informed that there was none. xP I get annoyed at myself because my way of asking is usually hinting so I suppose it's my own fault for not asking straight out. smile.gif

Edited by evangeline5432

zOMG EXTRA CHOSEN ONE THAT NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT is super overdone. Secretly twins is as well. They both tend to be indicators of Mary Sues and are hard to pull off properly without sounding overpowered or incredibly cliche.

And if it is stated that there are 11 dove children(and by extension, 10 spots for dove children signups not including Rachel), then there are 11 dove children. Asking the RP's creator for a 12th character who is super special is probably bad form. You even already have a dove child.

Wow dude, cool your jets. It will be obvious they are twins, they just don't know about it cause they have never met. xd.png

They are no more powerful then the other chars, they would have limitations. wink.gif

My dear Fractional Pi Day, any chars with powers are hard to RP. I know how to ballance it, I've been RPing AND writing for a little while. I know what I'm doing. If you or someone were to have a problem with my posts, I would glady edit within reason. smile.gif

The only reason she would be a secret is because no one knows about her. When other kids see her at the school, they will see that Adriana looks just like her. She is no more special then any of the others. When you think about it, all of these kids are secrets...

And yes, you're right, it is bad form if I am begging which I am in no way trying to do. I am simply asking, Hun. It is just a suggestion. If she says no I will drop it.

Please do not slander my name. Thank you. smile.gif

Edited by evangeline5432

I am apparently so terrible at communicating that when I'm actually angry, no one reacts, and when I give calm observations about things, people assume I'm angry. Go figure.

Right now, we don't actually know about the relationships between the kids. Peach may have plans for revealing that in the future, and having two characters who are inexplicably twins might mess that up. From what I'm seeing, you haven't asked her about it in private either. She is special because she is somehow a 12th dove child despite the fact that it is explicitly stated that there are 11 of them.

Also,

Asking the RP's creator for a 12th character who is super special is probably bad form.

And yes, you're right, it is bad form if I am begging which I am in no way trying to do. I am simply asking, Hun.

What.

As a side note, I know nothing about your RP skills. I am not in and do not stalk any of the other RPs that you are in, and you've only posted a few lines of text in this one, a whole bunch of which are talking about her *terrible and mysterious past* instead of things that Adriana is doing. I'm just trying not to assume anything.

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

Indeed, then forgive me for taking you the wrong way. Probably cause of the 'zOMG EXTRA CHOSEN ONE THAT NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT is super overdone.'

I see. Forgot about that.... <.< I shall just delete that form and chuck it out the door then. xd.png

That would be because most everyone has ignored her and I've only mentioned her past twice(maybe three times...?) I believe. xd.png There has been other posts in which I have explained what she is doing. It's kinda boring/hard to RP Adriana cause she is a bit of an outcast at the moment and she is not talkative.

Evang it's clear to see that that was a caps accident. You can tell that because the first letter, which would have normally been caps locked, is lower case while the rest is upper case. You need to have a careful eye in this sort of thing because people make mistakes all the time and not being able to notice something like that cause miscommunication quite often.

I am not talking about the caps, I am talking about what was said. smile.gif The way I took the first part of the paragraph was them being rude.

(This is why edit and proof-reading are your friends.)

Listen, I'm sorry I took it wrong. I was a bit annoyed that my request for a char was not taken the way I meant it. No one bothered tell me that my request was denied until after I spent a half hour making my char. I was a silly idiot and I didn't read the list on the front page. Pi "hissed" at me so I took the whole thing wrong. xd.png I did not handle it properly and for this I am sorry. Now I'm just polietly asking if we can please drop this and move on? (I mean this genuinly and in no way offensive. smile.gif)

Edited by evangeline5432

I...I come back from school on early release to find this going on. Whoa. O.o Keep in mind, I've only been here since February. *Points to date joined beneath profile picture.*

How about, Evangeline, make your other character a student. That way, she's in the role play, but not a Dove Child. I mainly included students for the people who wanted to be a Dove Child, but couldn't. Sound good? biggrin.gif

Edited by PeachSapling

I don't think that would be the same, Peach. If they are twins then wouldn't that mean the twin would also have to be a Dove Child? If she wants to make another character it can't be the twin to one of the Dove Children....

Ok, not a twin. More of a same eye color, same hair color, but not the same face? Maybe? *Shrug*

Edited by PeachSapling

*runs away from conflict* *points back at everyone* Don't deal with problems the way I do! *runs faster*

That was actually not a caps error. I capitalize zOMG like that because the z is decorative and doesn't stand for anything, and caps indicates I find something ridiculous. I actually don't caps when I yell. I guess that is kind of weird.

I keep forgetting that other people can't read my mind. I'm sorry.

...*stares at commotion in thread and hugs squid plushie*

*makes squished noises* *stares at Pi's squid* You have the squid! *gasp* Lore, come'ere! I found the SQUID! *tries to grab it*

*Stares at insanity*

Too much!

*Puts arm braces on everyone, preventing hugging*

*Steals and swallows squid plushie*

(Oh god what have you done that is my favorite plushie that I have in real life I'm going to have to go crazy and kill everyone now I'm so sorry)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*stabs Robby repeatedly with one of those craft knife things*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA