TSparkle123

DNA Dragons

"So, Kar, it was only CHANCE that we suddenly met up in a closet to hide from guards? Actually, that sounds pretty accurate, but we all agree on destroying the man who took away the freedom of people who are practically the same as him. So, Kar, shut the heck up," Kirian said in her most confident voice.

((Gonna be here for awhile))

Myst stepped out from one of the many shadows and quietly listened to the discussion

"I mean, guys, no matter what we think of our little group, we're the only chance our world has for freedom," answered Kirian.

((This is RainDash I forgot my computer so me and TSparkle'll share for now.))

"What like some kind of heroes in some stupid little book?" Kar replied back, venom in her voice.

"I dunno why you were hiding in a closet, but I agree with Kirian, Kar, just shut up and stop acting like a baby. Try, but if you don't succeed, try again until you CREAM his lousy butt." scoffingly replied Red. "And what in the hay is a DNA dragon?"

"That's really a part of our past that I don't think any one of us is proud of. A DNA Dragon is someone who spliced their DNA with dragons, or is descended from someone who did. I'm part Misfit Pygmy, Kar's part electric, and I'm assuming Myst is part Shadow Walker," Kirian explained to Red.

"That's not what I meant. I'm not proud of the fact that my ancestors were cowards and ran away. If it weren't for them and Garmasor, we wouldn't be in this situation. I'm proud who I am today, but I don't love the actions of the people who share my blood," Kirian said. I just wish that the past could be just the past.

Myst nodded and thought back to last night, about what shed told Kirian, there was more to her story than her slavery, she wasnt a 2nd generation DNA, she was spliced as a child, rather than taking her to an orphanage, they made her a slave, spliced with a shadow walker to be used as a weapon toward the splicers that went into the wilderness, but when she would be found in candy shops and bakeries instead of being in the wilderness, she was sold to a nice old lady.....but she was proud of who she was and what she could do, and honestly, she was glad for this lifestyle......but again, all that was about to change wasnt it....

"Weird... But, why did you humans decide to merge with dragons?" Red asked Kirian. "Why would you do something like that?"

Myst answered the question even though it wasnt asked of her "Years ago people and dragons lived together, Dragons as pets to the people, but some of the people wanted more of a thrill, or maybe for the power, so some scientists got together or something like that and they mixed their DNA with the dragons and changed.....they wernt expecting the pain of the merge and I guess they didnt like the outcome of what they had done, but they went away from the normal people to hide and now their breeding to make more of us"

Myst tilted her head slightly as she answered the question, her ghostly grey eyes locked on the small dragon "They got used to it, and they got bored with it, so they wanted to take it a step farther....they wanted to own the power of the dragons, the muscle, the ferocity, the resiliency, as well as the actual abilities the dragons possess, not just tame the creatures, if you step back and look at the histories you will find that to be human nature, always overstepping the boundaries created for them, always wanting more....."

Kar listened, being quiet for once in her life. She too wasn't second generation DNA spliced. She had just been grabbed off the street and spliced during one of the more... experimental times. Most of the splicing she was screaming, like her body had caught fire. She didn't want anyone to think they were going to win against that kind of power, but no one listened. She just couldn't bear it if anyone died.

"Wow, harsh... I'm glad I'm a dragon... Myst, you seem to know a lot!" Replied Red. "Hey, Kar, you've been really quiet. Are you OK?

"I am fine. But if we're going to do this, we need a plan." Kar relented. She folded her arms over her chest and waited for the first spitball idea.

Myst looked around the group to listed for ideas, she was never one to give orders, obviously, she followed them best, she was still unsure about all of this.

Kirian wasn't sure what to do either, but realized that everyone was waiting for her to reply. Did this make her the leader of this whole thing? "I suppose we start finding others. We find more slaves like Myst, more like Kar and me," Kirian said to the -er, her- group.

"That sounds like a plan. But in the meantime... we've gotten too serious. Let's go get ingredients for cookies!"

With that, Kar ran out of the room, leaving small sparks in her wake.

Edited by RainDash

"And to think I'm the Misfit in this group... Anyhow, Kar's right, we need to chill out and make some cookies,"Kirian said with a heavy sigh of relief. Why did I even come up with this idea? Edited by TSparkle123

Myst nodded and followed Kar into the kitchen, she began to take the ingredients down from their places as well as a large bowl and a pan, she began putting things together to make the cookies.

"Are there any good berries or ingredients we're missing?" Kar asked Myst, and Myst just about jumped ten feet when the electric dragon snuck up behind her.

Myst smiled embarrassed "Oh, there are tons of things we could add." She moved through the kitchen bringing down berries and candies of all sizes, shapes and colors. "See anything you like?"

"Hmmm..." Kar rubbed her chin in indecision. "What to choose...." Edited by RainDash

Kirian smiled from the small den. Things might just work out for us after all. "You can't leave me out of the fun! I like cookies, too! Besides, I'm not about to let Myst do it all, especially not after telling her she could free herself by helping us! We need to let her know that she's not going to be the only one doing anything.