Quasismiles

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Fate for Me.

William nodded. He gave the military woman a glance that read, 'Already four steps ahead of you'. He looked at the map, willing the images to stay in his mind. "Don't get so cocky, scum. You don't know anything about me. You should be glad it was Serpens Cor who found me and not you. Otherwise, you'd already be dead. All I need is one mistake. Ask our dear pirate captain what happens when you don't pay enough attention to your prisoners. I'm sure the Red Capped Dagger could tell you as well," He imitated the blade stroke that had the potential to kill Serpens Cor. "One mistake. And, believe me, woman. I am a patient fellow."

Firestorm watched him idly. "Serpens Cor and I have different styles" she said, "He rules by fear. His skills are more obvious. But when your skills are obvious so are your flaws. For instance, one of your flaws, captive, is a bad habit of assuming people can only do what you've seen them do." she shook her head, mockingly as though she was disappointed, "but no matter, this is not a lesson in morals. I have better things to attend to."

"Is that so? Or is that what I want you to believe? See, you and I know nothing of each other. It would be foolish on BOTH of our parts to assume anything about the other," William grinned. He liked this. No pirate would touch him, because of Serpens Cor. If they did, so be it. He was tired of his existence anyhow. But, being the proud man that he was, William would never commit suicide. "Perhaps, one could even call it fatal."

Sawyer nodded, and eyed the pirates. The easiest way to defeat scum like them was to trick them. Her expression showed no hints of a trick, though. Sawyer stared down at her makeshift splint. Blood was seeping through the ropes. " censorkip.gif!" she muttered under her breath.

She glanced at him and replied light-heartedly"You won't confuse me with your talk of layers of deception. I'm a pirate. We know about deceit. It is true I know little about you but I don't really have reason to find out. This won't come down to you and me. Serpens Cor knows well enough to keep his pets on a leash whether he will admit to it or not and you could hardly say I am alone. So I would advise you to quit prattling about your superiority, a broken man's pointless dream, and let the people with actual power here do their business." Firestorm would not forget about the man but the truth was he was in a very weak position now and she had more important matters to attend. She knew her crew would be watching the whole scene.

"Not superiority, miss. I know I am superior, I wouldn't rub it into your face. It is unfortunate that Serpens Cor is here and I am not in the best of health. I should love to show you why I am superior to you. But, as fate would have it, I'm stuck in this situation," William scoffed. He noticed the military woman was bleeding more profusely. He walked towards her and kept his eyes on the pirates. "Firestorm, a rag will do to stop the bleeding," He stepped back towards her and extended his arm. "My sleeves were a bit long anyhow." He obviously meant for her to cut the end of his sleeve to make a rag.

Sawyer had already ripped her long pants, and untied the ropes on her wrist. The wound was a reddish color and swollen. Many people(men specifically) would expect her to gag, or even vomit when she laid eyes on the infected wound, but she did not. She looked around for clean water, so that she could properly clean it.

Edited by shadow_claw

((Sawyer and William made a plan to escape, an Firestorm asked the pirates about something...))

(@ Shadow_Claw -I don't think a wound can become heavily infected in the space of 10-15 minutes

@ Bloodykisses - the two captives want to turn the pirates against eachother and escape, Serpens Cor is being sexist, and Firestorm and William are arguing)

Despite Firestorm's loathing for all military members she knew death by infection was a horribly way to die and would not inflict it on even the lowest of dogs. "Typhoon, can you help our guest with her wound." She lowered her voice, "Do try to be gentle, it looks pretty bad. Use some herbal medicine an splint it but make sure the splint won't give her too much use of her arm." Then she raised her voice again addressing William, "A pity, "she said, "I would love to know why you're convinced your so 'superior' even if it was just to prove you wrong"

Reuben cleared his throat, glaring at the females around him. They were so stupid and idiotic, and they had the nerve to think themselves not equals, but superiors to him. This in itself was imbecilic, because it was quite obvious to the pirate captain that the females were just not up to par with his prowess upon the seas and his skin behind a sword. How could they? If met in a dead lock, he would be the one who could push the blade to any of their throats, as he was the one with the muscular strength to do it. Women weren't built like men. Men could have large masses of muscle on their bodies, women just didn't form that way. They didn't have skill or intelligence either, even if given the same body as a man. So how did these women come to believe they were better than he?

"Quite honestly it's pitiful none of you are able to make a single, decent retort to what I say. You give up. This is why I am better. I am not weak. I do not submit before someone else," he snorted, rolling his eyes at their mere idiocy, his arms folding across his chest as he stared at them with a brow raised.

"Why do we talk amongst these prisoners? They could easily get loose. Don't be stupid, send them away before you tell them just the sort of predicament we are in," Reuben growled, shaking his head with disdain

"I'll take him away," Cyrus muttered, his eyes flicking to the one female soldier for a moment. He couldn't trust her. He didn't know her. Only William he could take. He gestured with his head a place a good distance away, and already started to walk there. He needed to talk to the other man, and very badly. William had put him in quite the position, he had indeed...

Sawyer looked at Cyrus, and straightend up. An evil smile twisted on her lips. "You have a problem?" she dared. She toyed with the dagger in her hand absentmindedly. "I know Serpens Cor has a weakness, I just have to find it out..." she thought.

"No, not really. I'd say you're more in a predicament than I, right now," Cyrus replied with a light chuckle. It was rather obvious that he was in a comfortable position right now, while she was not. He was the first mate of a vicious captain, she was a prisoner. He in good standings with most that he knew, she clearly wasn't. The only thing he did wonder was why the other captain, Firestorm, had not taken away the girl's dagger when she had the chance.

"Though, if I read the look on your face correctly, you wouldn't mind a bit of trouble, would you? Such arrogance often leads to one's downfall, mind you," he mused, not unkind, but his voice a clear warning. Her tone could come across as arrogant, and when in the presence of such an egotistical man such as Serpens, arrogance was not a prized quality for one to have. It meant he'd want your head upon the chopping block first. Even worse was the treatment his captain gave to the traitors. He would secure a chain to them and throw them overboard, the thick chain bringing them downward until they finally stopped thrashing and fighting and drowned. 'Twas a grisly thing to watch, but it had been many a time that Cyrus had seen someone get this treatment. The fact was, for a long period of time, the Serpens had a tough time getting a loyal crew. Finally the one he had now was roughly loyal, or about as loyal as a crew would get.

"Pretty dagger you have there. I wonder why Firestorm didn't strip you of it afore. My captain surely would have, but he's not going to question Firestorm on such judgement quite yet. Nay, he'll save his ridicule for later. If you thought he was bad before, you ain't seen anything. He's worse when he's made his mind up about you. If he hates you, he hates you. If he likes you, he'll act like you're a nuisance. So far I'd guess he hates all of you," Cyrus chatted, rubbing his thumb down the length of his jawline and looking at the girl. He wasn't fond of her, but he didn't hate her, not yet. She hadn't' given him enough reason to be more than mildly irritated at her.

Sawyer smiled, like she was amused. "You truly aren't a stereotypical pirate, I must admit." she said. She then looked at her wound, and she knew it would just get worse if she did not get medical attention. If it got much worse, she might lose her writing hand. Worry creased on her forehead. "Firestorm over there lost a man tryin' to steal my dagger, I honestly have no regrets, even if I got shot in the wrist as a punishment." she mused. "And if you think I am bad now, you should see me healthy and fully armed. Even a foolish man would know to back away then." She brushed her dark brown hair from her slightly angled face. " I need my hair to be cut short soon, my hair is just becoming a nuisance." she thought angrily.

"Never said I thought you were bad. The bad uns here are clearly us," Cyrus joked, winking at her. In truth he was slightly irritated by the way she had bragged, but he had learned not to show such things aboard a ship full of boasting pirates. If he got pissy about it with his crew they would likely band against him and throw him overboard. This he certainly could not do, especially since...

"I would suppose you're right. You know, there are reasons for everything, lass. Perhaps I ain't a stereotypical pirate for a reason. Regardless, you seem to not have headed my advice. Be careful of your boasting around Serpens. He's in a bad mood, and he's not one to like arrogance, even if he may be arrogant himself sometimes," the first mate sniffed, shrugging and looking at his captain, who was still standing with his back straight, shoulders back, and arms crossed. Behind that solid and arrogant exterior lay a secret only Cyrus knew about, and that'd be the man's father. Most didn't know of the man's existence, and even if they did, they certainly wouldn't think there was any correlation between Reuben and Old Holloway, at least emotionally. But that would be where his captain's true weakness did lie, and there was only two men who knew of it, the captain, and the first mat.e

Sawyer shut her mouth for a moment, and self-consciously looked around. She knew she was treading on thin ice, and she was doing her best not to fall into the icy water below. She licked her chapped lips, and smiled cooly. "Arrogance, I'm afraid, is not something I can change about myself. " she said. Her voice had an obvious apology in it. "Trust me, being here unintentionally picking fights is not where I thought I would end up today." She looked at him with a hint of pity in her eyes. "This morning I could use both of my hands without pain, I never imagined that I would end up talking to you either." She continued inspecting her father's dagger.

William raised his eyebrows at the man. He was very quick to offer himself to take him away. This was the man who had been giving him those looks. "I terribly hate to interrupt such a," he glanced warily at the military woman. "Heart warming chat. But, I believe the captain ordered me away. A little too late, I might add, Serpens Cor. Much too late. I know all I need to know now. Isn't it lovely, the folly of women?" He said, ignoring that his small remark might set off te time bomb Sawyer. He was talking to a pirate. When talking to a pirate, one must talk like a pirate. It was the only way to truly get your point across.

"Yes, yes. Agreed. It's due time, I would suppose," Cyrus agreed, relieved that he had gotten rid of the girl and didn't have to talk to her any longer. He needed to speak with this man, and it seemed that William was curious about him. Good. Perhaps the man would actually listen when Cyrus told him everything. He walked away from Sawyer, making sure he was far from hearing distance. He needed to talk to William alone, because even talking to William was a risk.

"William, back there, when you were talking... about moles... You shouldn't have. I am a mole, Commander Cyrus Todhunter of the Royal Navy," he sighed, his voice barely a hiss as he shook his head at the other man. It was awful, doing this, but he had no other choice before William pressed the mole matters further and convinced Serpens that he should be on the lookout. He had been working several years undercover, and he simply could not be revealed now.

"So listen. You mustn't tell anyone, not even the lass over there who says she's Army or whatnot. The only reason I tell you is so you don't press matters further with them than you have already," he stated firmly, resisting the urge to take the other man by the collar and shake him back and forth. William honestly had better believe him, because this was something Cyrus was dependent on.

Sawyer wasn't sure on wether she should be insulted or flattered at Williams's question. As if her body had made the decision for her, her face flushed a bright red. Sawyer watched William and Cyrus converse with a very slim interest. She couldn't read lips at all, so she just watched them. Sawyer stared down at her wrist self-consciously. "I wonder whats going on with them." she thought.

Firestorm rolled her eyes as Serpens acted as though she had made some great mistake. "You, Serpens, can never let anyone know anything because you thrive on fear. If you were really as strong as you say you wouldn't mind a few people knowing that some of the big captains are missing." she scoffed. She was sure the information was already leaked anyhow. Anyone who captured a big 7 captain would want to boost the military dogs' moral by spreading the news, albeit anonymously.

Edited by wildwindflower

William was astounded. A mole! A mole in with Serpens Cor! Of his own! He barely resisted the urge to salute the man. He nodded, showing that he understood. "Sir," He said. Glancing warily back at the pirates he let out a heavy sigh. "I suppose the reason why you haven't done anything yet is because you can't. That means that I can't do anything," William cursed vividly and shoved the man in front of him. Higher rank or not, he was furious. Aside from that, it would make it appear that he was angry with the first mate. Not a mole, because if it was a mole, he surely wouldn't be attacking, right? "Are you ****ing kidding me?! You're kidding me! All this time for nothing?! Are you ****ing serious?!" He yelled. Of course, the conversation wouldn't make sense. But, William was angry. He wasn't thinking with his head, but his heart.

The initial appearance of the rat had made him pleased. He had been right. But, now, he was seeing the full side of things. He had been inches away from help the whole time. And yet, the man had done nothing. He hadn't helped William when the burden of the work got too heavy. He hadn't fought for the Crown when William's ship had been attacked. Cyrus may call himself a loyal member of the Royal Navy, but he'd lost all respect. William had fought long and hard. Months without proper nutrition, over worked, and the only thing that had given him hope was the idea that one day, the Royal Navy would find Serpens Cor. It appeared that they already had. And yet, here he had suffered day and night without the aid of another man. A common man. A military man. He had sat by and watched the pirates' brutality. In William's eyes, that made him no better than the pirates themselves.

The young man stepped closer to Cyrus. "You better be ****ing kidding me right now," His fists clenched tightly as he glared. "I've gone on too long to hear this now. Tell me you're lying." William spat.

Firestorm heard yelling and wondered if the hostage had been idiotic enough to attack Serpens Cor's sailors on an island covered in pirates. However, it concerned her little. She knew Serpens would not let his pride be wounded by having either captive get away

(sorry my posts are so short but I don't have much to respond to)

Edited by wildwindflower

Sawyer looked at William, startled. "why would he be using such strong language? He must be flustered about something." she thought. Sawyer stood up, and stretched. She narrowed her lovely silver eyes at them.

Cyrus took the shove, stumbling backwards a few steps. Though he was easy going for the most part, this aggravated him. It appeared William believed him, but was now taking out everything that had happened on Cyrus. William just didn't understand him, didn't understand how tight of a knot he was in, how ever since Serpens had appointed him first mate, things had gotten harder. Once he was given that duty, he was shoved into the responsibility of taking care of Serpens' special prisoner. Why the hell some old, creepy, grizzled navy man would be so important, Cyrus couldn't imagine.

"Get your ****ing hands off me!" he growled, spitting on the ground. "I am not lying. I don't spend much time on deck, though. Most of it's wasted caring for an old naval man that Reuben keeps locked up. Don't ask me why, but that's what Captain makes me do. Haven't got a good look at him, because only Serpens has the key. There's a hole in one of the rooms that I feed and talk to him through. The man must know something, else I can't imagine Serpens keeping him," Cyrus continued in a lower voice, and then shoved William right back.

"I'd be glad to slit your throat, boy, but I'm afraid my Captain has... other uses for you," he sneered, eyes narrowing. Then, in a softer voice, "I was the one who suggested he take you on Red Capped Dagger's ship and give you a bit of a luxury. I was the one that told him to take you here and let your friends relax on the ship. Perhaps I haven't been able to openly rescue you, but it'd be worse in the long run. I've carefully helped to select the crew members, looking for ones that might turn against him. It will come, William. It just takes patience."

Ash leaned back on her heels and crossed her arms, enjoying the show that had rolled out before her. How the topic of discussion had taken such a drastic turn, she didn't know, but it made for a good source of entertainment.

"If only i had some dried peaches..." She muttered to herself and turned to look at Reuben.

"You know, that attitude of yours is never going to get you any friends. Especially no female friends. You claim we are stupid and not as well off as men. However, your remarks have only gone unnoticed by us because we believe you're just like a young child, prattling on and on about some unfair punishment his mother has given him. It's true that you're fierce, and it is true that some women are weak and absent minded, not worthy of even my, a woman's time. But, could you keep this superior attitude of yours if you were bested in a battle of wits? Or even a battle? I'm interested to know my good man." Her eyebrow was raised in a challenge and she kept her same laid back posture. Despite his nature and rumored ferociousness, this man was only a coward hiding in boots eight sizes too big.