Quasismiles

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Fate for Me.

TIME SKIP

It had been nearly a full day, the sun had drifted down to it's sleep place, and the moon had taken it's place, glowing dimly in the slightly clouded sky. Dawn was just breaking when Ash rose from her cabin and asked for a progress report.

"Well, lads? Is Parrot Island in sight?" She questioned the two men who had woken her.

"Aye, Captain. We will arrive within the hour."

Ash grinned and patted the one who had spoken on the shoulder.

"Good news! Good news. Thank you." She nodded to them and walked off to find Collins.

Sawyer started cursing under her breath. "Stupid censorkip.gif ing pirates...They love Partot island..." she growled. She picked up her rifle, and held it firmly in her hands.

Firestorm was looking over her charts when one of her sailors ran up to her. "Red Capped' Dagger's ship has been sighted" he reported to her. With a curt nod towards the messenger Firestorm stood up and walked down to the beach with a portion of her crew. There she saw a lone lady with a rifle. The lady seemed to be staring out at the approaching ship. She signaled to her men to take the girl down and they began to sneak up from behind. Firestorm wanted to make sure a stray bullet from this unknown person did not make the coming pirates think the captain was trying to shoot them.

Sawyer whipped around, and dropped her rifle. Instead, she pulled out her swords. She glared at them, and charged. Her swords were blurry when she attacked, for she was moving her arms awfully fast. "Don't think I didn't see you censorkip.gif!" she yelled.

((Any suggestions for a pirate name? Character sheets hate me. orz))

Username: Devious_Bookworm

Character name: Lyrian "Lir" Storm Caller

Pirate Name: TBD

Weapon of Choice: With a penchant for swords, Lyrian dons a thick cutlass with a wicked curve that he sheathes at his waist. It is of a simple, yet elegant design, both it and its sheathe well cared for. He usually carries a simple flintlock pistol at his side when going into battle, but he doesn't place much faith in it.

Personality: Laid back and easy-going, Lyrian remains a charismatic figure on board his ship, the Eos. Always ready to smile or joke around, many find themselves surprised to find out that he is indeed a pirate captain, but the roguish grin belies the fiercer side of the man whose name derives itself from Lirethena, the goddess of hurricanes and torrential rain. Protective of his crew, he is ruthless when it comes to seeing them well-cared for, whether that involves physical harm or ensuring they have enough money to support themselves and their families. His biggest strength is his lack of a temper; it takes a lot to rile up this pirate captain, allowing him to maintain a calm, level head in situations where anger might worsen the problem at hand. He is a simple person, from his (usually) modest dress to the way he furnishes his cabin.

Appearance: [X]

History: To be RP'd.

Ship: The Eos

Status on Ship: Captain

Other: Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life For Me...

((Hey guys? I hate to combine work and pleasure, but could we possibly keep the OoC chatter to PMs or the CPA, please? Thanks a lot. <3))

Edited by Devious_Bookworm

Firestorm watched mildly amused as the girl turned and began fighting her group of sailors as though she thought she was a match for all 7. "When you've got her bring her over here" she said. Firestorm knew that an island full of pirates could easily capture the military dog and let them fight as they would.

As she watched the fight one of her crew members turned to her. "What will you do with the captive, captain?" he asked. Firestorm shrugged casually, "She is probably of use, especially given who we are dealing with. I think bribing Serpent Cor with a military dog would get something out of him" The sailor looked up incredulously, "That's so cruel!" he exclaimed. Firestorm stared him down coldly, "We're pirates, be kind to each other as we may sometimes, that lady is on the side of this battle that captured some of the 7 captains. We need the information she might have and we're not turning this chance down out of sympathy for a goody goody two shoes like her." she said angrily. Nervously the sailor nodded in accent while his crew mates chuckled.

Rage burned in Sawyer's eyes. She stabbed one of the pirates straight throug the heart in her bout of anger. "Now, who else wishes to die today?" she snarled. Sawyer smoothed back her long, dark hair, and seathed her swords. The picked up her rifle, and loaded some shells.

Firestorm became angry when she saw one of her own pirates stabbed. she knew the 6 pirates on the shore could finish the girl off in no time but she wanted the girl alive and did not feel like risking more men. Turning to a marksman at her right she said, "Can you shoot the barrel of her gun?" He nodded and took aim quickly shooting several bullets at the gun. Meanwhile the other men on the beach quickly loaded their own guns too.

"If this doesn't end her little fight I'm going down there myself " Firestorm announced in a wrathful voice. Although the man who had been stabbed was only a greenhand she had recently picked up she cared about him enough to be angry that he had died.

(Just a reminder, Sawyer can put up a good fight but she can't defeat all of them. She has walked in during a time when she is severely outnumbered)

Not only did the rifle's barrel cave in, the gun went flying out Of her hands. "Son of a censorkip.gif! I'm dead!" she yelled. Sawyer wipe the blood off of the sword she used to kill the Greenhand, and seathed it. Sawyer then remembered what a comrade had once told her.

"I they get you, just say your name, rank and nothing else! If you forget everything else just remember that!" he had said.

Under the crossfire of several guns the pirates walked Sawyer up the beach to Firestorm. "Fetch Thunderstrike" she commanded to a member of her crew who had been waiting beside her, "Ask one of his closer friend whether he would have preferred and island or sea burial" Then she turned to the lady, "So, "she said gloatingly still angry about the death, "Who might you be?" The guns were still pointing at the military dog which pleased Firestorm immensely.

Fury Made her blood boil. "Don't think that I'm going on that peice of driftwood that you call a ship." she spat. Sawyer drew one of her swords, and continued wiping the blood off. "My name is Sawyer Jones, and my rank is Major."

Firestorm raised her eyebrows at the impudence of this military dog. "You don't want to come on my ship huh" she asked in a sarcastic voice, "Well you don't have to. Bear in mind we can shoot you right here and leave you to rot." With that she sneered before saying, "Also, if you'd like to stay alive you can drop your weapons" As she did this she continued to occasionally glance at the boat on the horizon.

Sawyer took off the seaths, and threw them and her swords at her feet. Sawyer was awfully ticked off at getting caught by a band of pirates. She was determined not to have the same fate as her father, though. The thought of her dad gave her flashbacks. The day the telegram had came in that her father had been brutally slaughtered, the day when his body was shipped to them, and the day of his funeral. She was so young then...about the age of twelve. Tears welled in her eyes.

Firestorm pulled the swords out of Sawyer's reach with her boot and turned back to the girl expecting another rash act but instead Sawyer seemed to be on the verge of crying. Firestorm scowled, crying was a weakness she looked down on, "Look here, if you keep talking I'll keep you alive for now. I need to know about the newest pirate-fighting plans, and don't lie to me because you're not my only source"

A tear an down her cheek, but she snapped out of her thoughts and glared at Firestorm. "I'm not telling you censorkip.gif, deal with it!" she growled. Even if she was prisoner, she wasn't listening to some scumbag pirate.

Firestorm laughed unpleasantly, "I'm fairly nice when it comes to pirates. All I want is the information and if I have to kill you it will be quick and simple, but I have other uses for you. It so happens that this island is the location for the upcoming pirate convention. Some captains enjoy taking hostages more than I do. I'm sure Serpens Cor would tell my everything I need to know for a chance to keep you locked up in his ship." Her smile was scary and threatening.

Sawyer's eyes were dull with unamusement. "I'm sorry you didn't capture one of the regular censorkip.gif of a pirate, I'm not talking."

Firestorm shrugged, "Whatever, Serpens Cor will surely be better at getting you to talk. For the mean time, Sailors Bind her up!" she ordered.

Sawyer struggled when they tied her up. "You do understand that I will escape, right?"

William's ensuing days were... Unpleasant. As usual. Now, he was working hard to do both his work and his friend's. They were rowing a boat to shore. It was manned by Serpens Cor's First Mate. Ever since the strange encounter where William's attempt on Serpens Cor's life had failed, the First Mate had become a figure of mystery to him. The young British man was more than relieved to feel the boat stop and get hung up on the sand. A sharp rap on his leg reminded him that he was not done, however. He jumped out of the boat, into the knee deep water, and pushed it further up the shore so that the pirates wouldn't get their precious feet wet. The push was harder work than he was used to, and William collapsed into the sand, exhausted.

Firestorm rolled her eyes, "I'm not sending you off anywhere. You're sitting right here in front of me until I can hand you off to Serpens. The ropes are just an extra impediment so I can have fewer sailors pointing their guns at you." Firestorm was not at all concerned that the captive was being uncooperative. She didn't like dealing with military dogs in the first place and she did not get the sadistic kick some other pirates did from it.

Edited because kokay ninja.gif 'd me: Just as she finished speaking she looked up to see a rowboat pulling up to shore, "Ah," she said, "There is Serpens Cor and his crew now"

(that flashing thing in your signature kills my eyes)

Edited by wildwindflower

((same here))

Sawyer fell to the ground and half crawled and half wiggled to try to get away. The sand in her face forced her to stop, though. " censorkip.gif it all!" she yelled. She rolled onto her back and sat up as bet as she could. She saw another prisoner in the boat. "Could that be a soldier, like myself?" she thought.

Firestorm watched Sawyer's pitiful progress across the beach somewhere between annoyed and amused. "Will you quit it" she said snickering, "You look like a caterpillar" Meanwhile she waved to the rowboat approaching shore.

Sawyer was trying to reach in her pocket. In it, was her father's old dagger. She could just feel the hilt..