Quasismiles

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Fate for Me.

Welcome my friend, or not so friend! I see you've boarded the "Fate of Royalty"! How ever you've gotten here, let me show you around!

My name's Ash, also known as the Red Capped Dagger, captain of this ship. Because you've come aboard at this troublesome time, let me fill you in on the current events.

Lately, infamous pirates have been disappearing out of no where, along with their ships, crews, and any trace of them at all. Few of the "royal" pirates remain, leaving only me, Rogers, and a few others. The royal pirates is a codename for the most famous, and the most feared Captains that have sailed the seven seas. But now, some of those of the guild are gone, and Rogers and I have made an agreement to work together on this. We've been searching for other Captains to aide us, but sadly, we fear the military dogs have been getting in our way. Trade and info points that have commonly been used for pirate usage have been destroyed, or moved, so we can't collect the data we need.

The Dogs of the Military know something we don't. And it pisses us off. Now, we need more crew than ever, more pirates and captains to help us.

I suspect the military of something, but they've never been able to catch any of the Royalty of the Sea. They have to be getting help from someone. Damn...

Ah! Excuse me, I've been getting off track! Welcome aboard! And don't be shy! We won't bite... Much. But will you help us in finding our brothers and sisters gone missing? Or will you infiltrate our ships and work for the military? Perhaps you've been assisting those censorkip.gifs who've taken the Royals... Either way, never trust a pirate... Oops. That means me too...

user posted image

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me

We pillage, we plunder, we rifle and loot

Drink up me hearties, yo ho

We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot

We extort, we pilfer, we filch and sack

Maraud and embezzle and even high-jack

Drink up me hearties yo ho

We kindle and char, inflame and ignite

We burn up the city, we're really a fright

We're rascals, scoundrels, villains, and knaves

We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs

We're beggars and blighters and ne'er do-well cads

Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads

Rules:

No Godmodding/Powerplaying/etc.

No marys or garys.

No hypochondriacs.

Semi Lit.

Use grammar and spelling to the best of your ability.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please pm them to me.

If you do not post here for a week or more without telling me of your absence, I will assume that you have abandoned this RP and kill your character.

Read rules+understand rules="Yo Ho" in other section.

Have as much fun with this as possible!

Try and keep it PG13.

NO CAPTAIN POSITIONS LEFT! SORRY! So, that means only three people aside from moi are captains! Yo ho! Another note, we are at our limit of female pirates! So any more shall have to be male! Sorry!

Please submit all forms via PM. Thank you!

Character sheets:

*pirate*

Username:

Character name:

Character Pirate name(ex- Red capped Dagger):

Weapon of choice(2):

Personality:

Appearance:

History:

Ship:

Status on ship:

Other:

*Military dog*

Username:

Character name:

Military rank:

Weapon:

Personality:

Appearance:

History:

Other:

*Other*

Username:

Character name:

Personality:

Appearance:

History:

Other:

Only one captain spot open.

Accepted Characters:

*pirate*

Username: Bloody

Character name: Ash

Character Pirate name(ex- Red capped Dagger): Red Capped Dagger

Weapon of choice(2): Dagger and musket

Personality: Mostly Rp'ed. She's sarcastic and witty, enticing, and she can't take anything seriously. Loves being a pirate.

Appearance: YO HO!

History: Rp'ed mostly. She started out as a young girl, doing ANYTHING to get some money, and eventually, at the age of nineteen, she got a naval captain to let her aboard his ship, she married him, killed him, took his boat and position, abandoned her rank, and made out her own pirate crew.

Ship: Fate of Royalty

Status on ship: Captain

Other: Yo ho, yo ho, a Pirate's life for me...

*Military Dog*

Username: Bloody

Character name: Osanjin

Military rank: normal officer

Weapon: his sword and gun

Personality: Rp'ed mostly. He's stern and responsible, puts up with no injustice, but he can't stand but laugh at some things.

Appearance: here

History: Rp'ed.

Other: He doesn't like it when people say"yo ho!" because he automatically assumes them pirates.

*pirate*

Username: Packgoater

Character name: Reuben Holloway

Character Pirate name(ex- Red capped Dagger): Serpens Cor (Welsh for Serpent Heart)

Weapon of choice(2): He prefers blades, by far, his two favorites the ivory-handled sword that is long, thin and graceful, and his ebony-handled short, broad and strong blade. Both have very large, impressive and ornate guards, and both are surprisingly well taken care of.

Personality: Reuben is sneaky, sly and cunning, earning him his "pirate name." He is cruel, and likes to torture his prisoners if he can. And he takes plenty of prisoners. However, he also does some fairly good things, but then he'll just do bad right over top of it. He does tend to be prickly and quickly look for a fight. He's a hard man to like, and he can be quite bitter at times. Reuben really is about the money and is rather obsessed with it. It is said that he has some of the most valuable items, for he'll even take the fight to land if he hears of something he really wants. In this way, Reuben is very much gluttonous.

Appearance: Reuben

History: Reuben was a young lad when he was brought aboard a ship to help. Of course, his job was mostly to clean, but the boat mesmerized him. Before the sea he had come form a bad home, his mother dead and his father drunk and at pubs most of the time. Reuben got himself a job and instantly fell in love with the rocking of a boat and the temperamental raw power that was the sea.

From ship to ship he went, rarely staying in one place at any given point in time. The captains were like the father he never had, the ship his mother, and the crew his siblings. He grew up with them, and found himself enchanted by the sea life.

The first time he encountered pirates was when he was but fifteen years old. They had invaded the ship he had been on, looking for treasure. They were ruthless, frightening, and capricious, but some how they captivated him. They searched the entire ship, and finally found him as he cowered in a corner. In a rough way their captain hoisted him up, and stared at him with glaring dark eyes. It was decided they'd take him, as he was but a boy and could learn their ways.

The first few months upon the pirate vessel were not enjoyable ones. He did the same job as before, but this time he had to witness killings and horrible things. The food was horrible, the men were vile, and he hated the ship, even though it was far larger and far grander than the one he had previously been on.

Slowly he befriended a pirate, one who was perhaps the most ruthless of all, and had glittering dark eyes and a tongue that could get him out of anything. Everyone called him Fox, and a fox he was.

The man would help him with his chores, come and talk to him, and even play cards. Fox taught Reuben how to shoot, how to sword fight, and how to both speak and read Latin. It was Fox who gave him his name, Serpens Cor, and in memory of him Reuben refused to change it.

Once the crew saw that Reuben was in with Fox, the others slowly began to accept him too. For the first time, Reuben was wanted somewhere. He worked harder, and when a vessel ran along their side, his eyes glittered as they boarded it, slaughtered the people, and plundered their goods.

Soon Reuben was one of them, instead of just a cabin boy. He came with them, he fought with them, and he killed with them. They were no longer his prison guards, but his family. He was soon brutal, savage, and perhaps the most ruthless of all of them.

One day the captain died in a fight. They lost several men, including Fox, and so Reuben was given the title of Captain at the age of twenty-three. The vessel was his, but he didn't rename it.

Ship: The Idonia

Status on ship: Captain

Other: "Yo ho" is sure to never be a word he uses, as he's much more uptight than that.

*pirate*

Username: Gator

Character name: Cyrus Shickleton Todhunter

Character Pirate name(ex- Red capped Dagger): Sickletooth

Weapon of choice(2): Cyrus prefers to use rifle and a short sword.

Personality: Cyrus is mysterious and rather quiet. He doesn't talk much about his past, or anything that is close to his heart, but rather will joke about more irrelevant things. He's good natured, smiles quite often, but when he's around enemies he's harsh and cold. Don't expect from his friendly demeanor any sort of sympathy.

Appearance: Cyrus

History: Cyrus doesn't talk much about it, but most know that he was from a prestigious family in England. Though he looks perhaps more Norwich with his pale skin and hair, he is not at all related to those people.

Ship: Idonia

Status on ship: First mate

Other: Cyrus, much to Reuben's grief, will often say "Yo ho!"

*Military dog*

Username:Shadow_Claw

Character name: Sawyer Jones (but nickname is shadow)

Military rank: major

Weapon: She has two swords, a pistol, and a very powerful rifle.

Personality: Sawyer is always quick to judge, but not prejudiced. She has a short temper, and at best Sawyer is impulsive. In a worst case scenario, Sawyer is wild and lethal. She is bullheaded, and never backs out of a decision.

Appearance: (couldn't find a pic.) Sawyer has long, dark hair that is always either down, or in a tight braid. She is tall and muscular(6ft tall even.)

History: She was a child of a merchant, but he was killed by pirates when she was young. Bent on anger to the pirates that killed her father, she trained hard to be in the millitary. Being in the army was her way to execute her revenge.

Other: Don't say yo ho around her if you enjoy living.

*pirate*

Username: wildwindflower

Character name: Rain

Character Pirate name(ex- Red capped Dagger): Firestorm

Weapon of choice(2): She has a throwing knife and a sword. She also uses her throwing knife for close combat and other tasks.

Personality: Intelligent and scheming she often thinks up complicated plots and is good at keeping her crew under tight control. When in battle or attacking a ship she is very no-nonsense and sharp but in her free time she enjoys reading and chatting with the other sailors

Appearance: She's 5'9" with red hair and amber eyes. Sort of like this pic except without the eye-patch or fake hand and with redder hair.

History: When she was 10 she was on a vacation cruise. A ship of pirates killed most of the passengers including her parents and held her and several other children hostage. The previous captain of the Crimson Mist attacked the other ship and adopted the remaining hostages to become pirates. She became very skilled at many pirate tasks. Out of respect for the man who raised her she was a sailor until the previous captain died but when the previous captain died she challenged the next-in-line to a duel and became captain herself.

Ship: Crimson Mist

Status on ship: captain

Other: yo ho, She has a talking Raven she uses to carry messages to other captains.

*Military dog*

Username: Kokay

Character name: William Hemingway

Military rank: Lieutenant

Weapon: Preferably, any flint lock rifle he can get his hands on, but for up close and personal combat he likes his sword

Personality: William is the epitome of officer. He is serious, but kind hearted. He does what he can to help those around him, taking on more work than he thought he could handle often times. William has a strong moral compass, and will make a point to break rules if it means helping someone who needs it. He is a very responsible young man.

Appearance: Liu, William

History: William has been with the military for a while. Since he was 18. On a simple scouting trip, his first trip that he had been in charge of, he encountered pirates. The men fought long and hard, but they were overwhelmed. Three were taken prisoner, the rest were killed. William was amongst the three.

Other: He hates the phrase "Yo, ho" And, he's a prisoner on Serpens Cor's ship.

*pirate*

Username: Devious_Bookworm

Character name: Lyrian "Lir" Storm Caller

Pirate Name: TBD

Weapon of Choice: With a penchant for swords, Lyrian dons a thick cutlass with a wicked curve that he sheathes at his waist. It is of a simple, yet elegant design, both it and its sheathe well cared for. He usually carries a simple flintlock pistol at his side when going into battle, but he doesn't place much faith in it.

Personality: Laid back and easy-going, Lyrian remains a charismatic figure on board his ship, the Eos. Always ready to smile or joke around, many find themselves surprised to find out that he is indeed a pirate captain, but the roguish grin belies the fiercer side of the man whose name derives itself from Lirethena, the goddess of hurricanes and torrential rain. Protective of his crew, he is ruthless when it comes to seeing them well-cared for, whether that involves physical harm or ensuring they have enough money to support themselves and their families. His biggest strength is his lack of a temper; it takes a lot to rile up this pirate captain, allowing him to maintain a calm, level head in situations where anger might worsen the problem at hand. He is a simple person, from his (usually) modest dress to the way he furnishes his cabin.

Appearance: [X]

History: To be RP'd.

Ship: The Eos

Status on Ship: Captain

Other: Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a Pirate's Life for Me

*pirate*

Username: Classicoso

Character name: Gervasio Nikifor Britton

Character Pirate name(ex- Red capped Dagger): Classy Nikifor

Weapon of choice(2): The standard French Foil (the type used in duels) as well as a French-designed rifle/pistol with a removable barrel, though neither version is as powerful as normal versions.

Personality: Generally polite, he is definitely non-standard among Pirates. Despite not being a Captain, he often seems to have advice for trying situations, even when it isn't welcomed. Despite his generally nice demeanor, though, Gervasio has shown a tendency to treat his enemies gruesomely. (The rest to be RPed.)

Appearance: With his pistol

History: Stolen from his home at the age of 5, Gervasio was raised on a Pirate ship and served through his adolescence as a Cabin Boy. At age fourteen, he was knocked off of the ship by a stray cannonball to the leg in a vicious battle with some military, at which point he clung a piece of debris until a passing French Merchant ship picked him up. This ship nursed Gervasio back to health and allowed him to work off his debt to them (Medical supplies and food eaten while being taken care of) which lasted until Gervasio reached the age of 19. During this time, he was trained in Riflery and the art of Swordfighting, and a strong sense of manners was impressed into him. Once his debt had been repaid, Gervasio slit the Captain's throat after waking him first, not wanting to kill a man without looking into his eyes first. Due politeness and all. Afterwards, he took the Captain's Foil and proceeded to loot the cargo while the rest of the Crew slept. Finding plenty of gold and a strange rifle, he made his escape by way of Rowboat. Since then he's been wandering around selling his services (Battle) to various ships.

Ship: The Idonia (If possible)

Status on ship: Soldier of Fortune, Mercenary, For-hire, whatever you prefer to call them.

Other: Is sometimes bothered by the "Yo-ho Yo-ho" standard, dirty pirates, but tolerates them to make a living.

Edited by BloodyKisses123

*Military dog*

Username:Shadow_Claw

Character name: Sawyer Jones (but nickname is shadow)

Military rank: major

Weapon: She has two swords, a pistol, and a very powerful rifle.

Personality: Sawyer is always quick to judge, but not prejudiced. She has a short temper, and at best Sawyer is impulsive. In a worst case scenario, Sawyer is wild and lethal. She is bullheaded, and never backs out of a decision.

Appearance: (couldn't find a pic.) Sawyer has long, dark hair that is always either down, or in a tight braid. She is tall and muscular(6ft tall even.)

History: She was a child of a merchant, but he was killed by pirates when she was young. Bent on anger to the pirates that killed her father, she trained hard to be in the millitary. Being in the army was her way to execute her revenge.

Other: Don't say yo ho around her if you enjoy living.

((ACCEPTED! And I agree Gator. Let's get going!))

"Alright, all you lazy bums had better get moving or I'll not give you any rum for a week!" Captain Ash growled at her crew mates and stomped around the deck, her boots alerting everyone she was in a foul mood. Her long blonde hair blew erratically in the wind, despite her red bandanna, and her gold eyes glared at everything. She wore a scowl on her face that would put a shark to shame, and her dagger hung at her hip, occasionally bumping against her side.

"We need to get moving now, or we'll never find the new information docks! Get your a*ses moving!" A couple of men who had been standing a little ways off gulped and ran off to do some useless duty, just to get out of their captain's way. They looked back quite often, wistful expressions on their faces. Ash was quite pretty, but her tough attitude and constant snarl made her too intimidating to approach easily. That was the way she liked it.

"Move!" She pushed an enormous man with a tattoo of a whale on his left bicep out of the way, smacking him with her still sheathed dagger as she went.

"Idiots!"

Osanjin yawned tiredly and stretched out in his single man vessel. His given mission had been to infiltrate a pirate ship as a wannabe and learn names, travel routes, and missions. As an officer of no particular rank, he had no choice but to accept the job. So, out on his craft, he wore a black armband, as well as a baggy white tunic that was stuffed carelessly into black, ripped pants, exposing his calves and feet. He wore no shoes, and messy black hair insisted on bombarding his vision. Sweeping his hair out of his black eyes, Osanjin moved about restlessly and got out his pocket telescope.

Looking through, he tried to make out any sign of a pirate vessel, and he was rewarded when a rather large ship came into view.

"Finally!" He shifted so he had easy access to his ores, and he started rowing.

A large, lavish chair creaked as the floor underneath it swayed back and forth. It was something you might expect to find a king sitting upon, or perhaps someone at least marginally important. One of it's legs was missing and was instead replaced with a wooden prosthetic, however, and the golden paint that was on it's wooden surface was chipping. It stood atop old boards that while were clean and sturdy, also had deep gouges in them, as if something had been stabbed right through them. It's velvet cushions showed wearing, though it was clear the person that sat in them must have been lean, and not of an excruciating weight. All the same, the chair was the picture of gluttony and vanity.

Atop it, splayed over the chair, was a man who must have been the one to sit in it so often, for he himself was lean and strong. He was thin, though with a considerable amount of muscle over him. His pale skin was littered with scars including one or two over his face, which displayed a strong jawline and high cheekbones. Malicious, dark, pebble eyes glared from deep sockets. Thin lips were curved in a cocky smile, above them a mustache and below it a goatee. His hair, which was of a brownish color, hung a little shorter than his shoulders, and was slightly wavy. Quite surprisingly, he looked fairly well kept, though not someone you would want to aggravate.

His clothes were of the same exquisiteness; the coat he wore about him made of silk and brightly colored, not at all faded and certainly not wrinkled. It had long tails that seemed to nearly reach his feet, but instead left him a good three or four inches off the ground. The front of his coat was embroidered with golden threads, and was halfway buttoned. It was quite obviously tailored to him, as if fit him perfectly. The sleeves were large and allowed for easy movement, and the shoulders for the capability for sword fighting.

His undershirt was made of fine linens, and ended in ruffles that stuck out of the blue coat he wore. This was also kept amazingly clean for someone aboard a ship, and it hung over his equally fine dark brown pants. His boots were leather, also embroidered, and the only thing on him that wasn't completely shipshape. They were slightly messy due to the fact he walked in them.

Upon the belt he wore about his waist were two blades, equally as ornate, and both very much deadly. They were sharpened to perfection, shined in the light, and were beautiful to any eye. Their hilts were the exact opposites, as were the blade types. The first was long, thin, and swift, her hilt made of ivory from African Elephants. The second was brutal, short, and thick, and her hilt was of foreboding Gaboon ebony from West Africa.

The creak of floorboards and the loud thwaking of feet alerted him to the arrival of a crew member. With bored eyes, the man pursed his lips as the crew member knocked on the door loudly, and then just opened it.

"Cap'n Reuben, Sir, we've go'a ship teh th' lef' o' us," rasped the other man, his blue eyes hesitantly resting on the man before him with uncertainty. What mood was the captain in today? Was he about to get a beating or a praising?

"Why on earth have you not seen it sooner?" Reuben replied coolly, drawing his shorter blade and inspecting it thoroughly. The other man shifted on his feet, still not sure of the mood of his captain. Whatever it was, it made him uneasy.

"W-whateva do yeh mean, Sir?" the man asked indignantly, blue eyes starting to show a bit of fear as Reuben's eyes suddenly slid up and locked with his own.

"Well, boy, you didn't just see the ship. You were asleep, or drunk, or both. I could tell because of the way you walked. Heavy, as if you had just woken up. Your eyes are bleary. You face sags. We'd have known sooner. How close are they?" the captain snapped, glaring at the other man. Before the other could answer, he threw the ebony-handled blade, which quickly sank into the other man's chest.

"ALL CREW ON DECK!" roared he, pressing his boot onto the other man's stomach before quickly drawing his blade out, meticulously cleaning it, and putting it into it's sheath again.

"There is a ship starboard. Why did no one get me? Because you were all dozing of. THAT SHAN'T HAPPEN ABOARD MY SHIP, LADS!" he continued, starting to pace. "Get the cannons ready. Arm yourselves. WAIT! Lookit the flag, boys, tell me what you see!" declared Reuben, his mouth in a grin. The other men seemed to be relieved that they wouldn't be fighting.

"That is the flag of the Red Capped Dagger, me boys. That is just the lass we need to talk to. Oh, and you, clean up the mess I made in my quarters. I want this ship looking her best when we meet up with her."

*pirate*

Username: wildwindflower

Character name: Rain

Character Pirate name(ex- Red capped Dagger): Firestorm

Weapon of choice(2): She has a throwing knife and a sword. She also uses her throwing knife for close combat and other tasks.

Personality: Intelligent and scheming she often thinks up complicated plots and is good at keeping her crew under tight control. When in battle or attacking a ship she is very no-nonsense and sharp but in her free time she enjoys reading and chatting with the other sailors

Appearance: She's 5'9" with red hair and amber eyes. Sort of like this pic except without the eye-patch or fake hand and with redder hair.

History: When she was 10 she was on a vacation cruise. A ship of pirates killed most of the passengers including her parents and held her and several other children hostage. The previous captain of the Crimson Mist attacked the other ship and adopted the remaining hostages to become pirates. She became very skilled at many pirate tasks. Out of respect for the man who raised her she was a sailor until the previous captain died but when the previous captain died she challenged the next-in-line to a duel and became captain herself.

Ship: Crimson Mist

Status on ship: captain

Other: yo ho, She has a talking Raven she uses to carry messages to other captains.

((accepted! xd.png))

"Get moving you low life's! There's a ship in the distance and I want her name identified immediately! You hear me? There will be hell to pay if I don't get it in under a minute!" The Red Capped Dagger barked commands out to her crew, expecting them to be followed immediately.

"Witz! Get your censorkip.gif over here!"

"Yes Sir!" A young boy, only about the age of seventeen sprinted forward and came to an abrupt halt just before his captain. He was obviously terrified, and Ash scowled darkly at him.

"Who, my dear boy, was on watch?"

"Uh, uh, w-well, it w-was s-suppose-ed to be R-rabino, s-sir..."

"RABINO! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU, YOU DRUNKEN SOD?! I'LL FLAIL YOU ALIVE!" Her expression screamed death and she scanned the deck, looking for the burly man who had neglected his duties.

"CAPTAIN! The ship! She's The Idonia! The Serpens Cor's vessel!" A small woman from the top of the basket cried out, hanging onto the rope to keep herself from falling off. She held a scope to her eye and seemed to be panicked.

"What?! Alright everyone, I want the Fate ready for him! We need him on our side if we're to be successful in finding the others!" Ash turned, her hair flying and smacking Witz in the face. She ran toward her den and swung open the door, quickly skidding to the left and reaching for what she liked to call her, "Simon Says Cap". She placed it over her bandanna and walked out, stuffing her musket into the back of her pants and securing her dagger at the waist.

"How do I look guys?!" She called out to her crew, her scowl replaced by her usual mischievous grin.

"Like a captain, Captain!" Her crew called out to her, all their moods shifted from completely terrified, to hearty and jovial.

"Captain's back!" She heard some of her mates in the corner whisper and she winked at them.

"Well, don't put me in a foul mood and I won't have to correct your actions... Now! Cast anchor! But prepare, this serpent is known for his slippery ways..."

Username: Kokay

Character name: William Hemingway

Military rank: Lieutenant

Weapon: Preferably, any flint lock rifle he can get his hands on, but for up close and personal combat he likes his sword

Personality: William is the epitome of officer. He is serious, but kind hearted. He does what he can to help those around him, taking on more work than he thought he could handle often times. William has a strong moral compass, and will make a point to break rules if it means helping someone who needs it. He is a very responsible young man.

Appearance: Liu. William

History: William has been with the military for a while. Since he was 18. On a simple scouting trip, his first trip that he had been in charge of, he encountered pirates. The men fought long and hard, but they were overwhelmed. Three were taken prisoner, the rest were killed. William was amongst the three.

Other: He hates the phrase "Yo, ho" And, he's a prisoner on Serpens Cor's ship.

William stirred quietly. This was the first time he'd slept in ages. Giovanni, an Italian worker that had been on his ship, was too weak to do any of the work that the damned pirates expected of him. William had taken it all on himself. Now, he was wearing thin. Life was harder on the pirate's ship than it had ever been for him. His back was scabbed, and every movement that he made irritated his already wounded back. Splinters were everywhere in his skin, and there was a particularly annoying one under his fingernail. William's feet ached, and his stomach yearned for something substantial. But, still, he fought harder than the others to live. He had to. If no one else showed the pirates what a true English gentleman was, he would. If that meant he would work hard for the rest of his miserable life, then William would. But, the moment he got the chance, he would kill Serpens Cor.

"Men, you'll get close to her side, close enough to board. We'll be talking, lads, not fighting. I expect you to handle this or I'll make sure none of you rats step foot aboard this ship again. I've got me a prisoner I need to speak with," Reuben growled, his coppery eyes glinting with malice. The men quickly rushed to move out of his way as he sleekly slipped below decks.

The ship was large and grand, but her belly was often dark and dank, not often lit with lanterns or anything of the like. The few rays of sunlight that found their way from the top of the ship through the boards showed crates of food and water. This Reuben walked past, his feet moving around the boxes, his fingers stroking a piece of metal that he had pulled from the depths of his grand coat. He smiled, the scar across his nose moving as he did so, his lips parting to reveal teeth that were fairly clean -for a pirate. Finally his boots stopped, and his hand grasped the metal tighter. He pressed it into the door, into a small lock previously hidden from sight, and twisted. The door handle was quickly turned, and the door opened to reveal another flight of stairs. This was the section of the ship that most of the crew didn't know about. They thought this was just another room where he kept his prisoner and the gold. They didn't know there was a whole floor of the ship they had missed.

Down the steps he moved, locking the door behind him and replacing the key into one of his various pockets. His boots lightly danced down the steps and his eyes now showed eagerness akin to a child who just heard he know owned a candy store. At the end of the short stairs he turned, and his boots met a few coins with a grating sound as they rubbed against one another. A picture of grandeur and richness was before him as coins and treasures were seen piled up. But as much as he'd like to spend his time in there, there was still the prisoner he needed to talk to.

"Hello, lad. It's been a long time since I last came down to see you myself," Reuben began, his voice drawling as he opened yet another locked door with yet another key, this one to the room his prisoner was in. This room was barred, with several cages. Because Reuben was just a little bit parinoid, he had never let anyone come down here. Instead, his first mate, the only other one who knew of the full expanse of the ship, would lower food and drinks down to the prisoner via a small hole.

"Do tell me, how ever are you doing?" he asked, his voice smooth and cool as he paced, and looked thoughtfully at the man before him. The captain sat upon a chair that face the cell, his eyebrows lifted. He was growing impatient.

"Son..." began the other man, his mouth pursing. It was clear the old man was dying, and would not have much longer to live. His bleary eyes struggled to focus on the lean figure before him.

"What do you know of the Red Capped Dagger?"

"How could a respected military lad like me have a pirate for a son?"

"You were gone for most of my life, father dearest. Tell me what you know of her. How did a female come to such a position of power?" snapped Reuben, eyes flashing.

"You are not worthy-"

"WHO ARE YOU TO TELL ME I AM NOT WORTHY?! I AM THE ONE WHO LIVES A LIFE OF LUXURY! YOU ARE THE ONE ROTTING INSIDE A CELL!" roared Reuben, jumped forward and grasping the bars of his father's cell.

"You are the one constantly hunted. I am the one able to sleep without one eye open. Now, you have other work to do, Reuben," the old man croaked as his son turned on his heel and promptly left, fuming. The door was locked behind him, the flight of stairs rushed up, and the second door opened and locked once more. He stormed up onto the deck, his head turning this way and that. The crew glanced uneasily at him.

"Bring to me the prisoners," he said coldly, this time asking for the ones he had taken from the military ship. He knew nothing of the Red Capped Dagger besides that she was female, and he wondered if his prisoners knew anything. And besides, he needed to get his anger out. Physical abuse was the best route.

Edited by Packgoater

The scum grabbed him roughly. William ripped his arms away from them in a new burst of strength. He punched the nearest one in the stomach and pushed past the second, walking up the stairs through his own free will. The sunlight was brutal, and he staggered. Squinting, he walked into the light, wondering what job he had to do now. To his dismay, Giovanni and Henry were also brought up from the belly. That meant something big was going on. As his eyes acclimated to the light, he saw what was going on. Serpens Cor was angry. That meant they would be whipped or otherwise harmed. The man wanted nothing more than to kill Serpens Cor. But, for now, all he could do was rebel. William spat on the deck of the ship, glaring pointedly at Serpens Cor.

The Fate of Royalty stayed still on its place on the waters, quiet from the outside, but bustling with life inside.

"Captain, the Idonia is pulling up beside us. They'll be within talking distance in under two minutes. How should we prepare?" The woman who has been on look out before looked at Ash with a respectful gaze, keeping her eyes slightly lowered.

"Don't get ready for a fight, that isn't what we're here for. And Collins, stop doing that. You can look at me, you know." Ash turned to smirk at the woman and then stepped forward, watching the approaching pirate vessel with sharp golden eyes.

"Collins" nodded, even though her captain couldn't see, and hurried off, a blush plastering itself onto her features. Collins was the only other woman on board, and Ash made it clear that she was off limits to the others. The girl could certainly stand up for herself, but a group against her would certainly do harm.

Her crew was loyal, even if they were idiots at times. There were occasional uprisings, mostly when they were drunk, but were quickly squelched by either Ash herself, or other crew members.

"Is she ready for confrontation, dearies?" She only used this term when a threat was hidden under the surface of her words.

"Yes captain!" Her crew shouted back to her and lined up behind her.

"We're ready for you Serpens Cor..."

Reuben could not help but grin as he saw one of his prisoners spit upon his fine boat. He thought he was a funny one, did he? He was feisty and rebellious, the sort of man Reuben would like to have on his side, but did not currently have with him.

"I'm sure you're curious why I brought you here, likely to do more work. Perhaps even whip you. But no, today I ask one thing of you, your assistance. I am wiling to bargain and to trade for it. We can help each other. For each question of mine you answer, I'll give you a luxury. For each one you refuse to answer, I'll cut a mark on you. Maybe even put chains and shackles upon you, and throw you in my personal cells," he began, his mouth in a grim smile. He wasn't eager to have his prisoners conversing with his father, so he'd likely not actually throw them there.

"You may have noticed we're pulling alongside a ship on our starboard side. We'll be talking in a few minutes. You're going to choose among yourselves a man who shall come aboard with me. I won't have you dressed like that, however, so you'll get to wear some real clothes for a moment. I need one of you, because you have information that I don't. And I'm willing to accept that. I need information on another pirate, the Red Capped Dagger," continued the captain, taking a breath and staring at them for a moment, before nodding to himself and smiling.

"I'll also be giving you an opprotunity. I shall be handing you a weapon from one of my comrades for you to prove yourself with. If anything should happen over there, I could use someone to help me, and you would be ridding yourselves of a few pirates while you're at it. If you don't attempt to take my life, I may grant you a slight bit of freedom," he finished, seemingly pleased with himself. He was quite sure he could outfight any of the haggard and sore men before him, and so wasn't concerned with putting his life on the line. His first mate roared something to the crew, who lowered the anchor and closed the sails as the ship began to slow. The two ships were finally side by side, and within distance to board. Another command was shouted and a boat was lowered into the water.

"Come on then, one of you. Put on these clothes," he grumbled, tossing a satchel of nice linens to the three prisoners.

Henry looked hard at William for a moment and then nodded. An unspoken agreement. The two men, having become fast friends on the pirate's boat, knew each others' weaknesses. Henry would not be able to help if it came down to it. But, William could. The man reluctantly picked up the clothing and glared directly into Serpens Cor's malignant eyes. "I will take you up on your offer, pirate. But you will not afford me said luxuries. You will give them to my companions," William's voice was strong, defiant. He was making a point to order the pirate like he would order his men. "And you will call me Lieutenant William." He had something to bargain with. Information. He could see the boat and he knew who's boat it was. The Red Capped Dagger's boat. Apparently, Serpens Cor hadn't the foggiest clue about this new pirate.

Firestorm paced the deck in a dark mood. With many of the great pirate captains disappearing the military was becoming more and more forward. Who did they think they were? Although Firestorm had no fear for her own ship she was living to see many of her friends captured and jailed. She had not been able to rescue many of them once they were taken away. She would readily attack in their name but where they were taken was yet a mystery.

"Scimitar," she snapped at a lounging sailor, "How many pirate ships do we know have dissappeared?" The boy who had been watching her with concern jumped at her voice, "5, captain that we know of. 3 of the royalty ships, The Thunder, and The Fury." Just the thought made Firestorm pulse with rage but she did not take things out on her crew so with a curt nod she resumed marching angrily back and forth. The captains of the Thunder and the Fury were close friends of hers that had sailed with the Crimson Mist when it was under the previous captain's control.

It was not right that these kin of hers were being taken. Something had to be done. Firestorm entered her cabin and dug around for several sheets of paper. On each she wrote:

"Something is happening. The military dogs have gained some ally that is taking down the greatest of the pirates. It has made those idiots grow proud and arrogant. We cannot allow this to happen. Whatever is going on cannot be stronger than the royalties joined together. Nothing is. Let us all meet on Parrot Island in 3 days time. - Firestorm"

She attached the letters to to the legs of Luna, her crow and told her, "Take these to each of the remaining royalty pirates. Make sure you don't get caught" The crow took off on her journey.

Meanwhile Firestorm turned to her helmsman and said, "Set a course for Parrot Island"

"Captain! A bird with a message in it's beak is headed our way. Do you think it's for us?" Collins called to Ash from behind her and her captain peered at the sky.

"So there is... Well, it looks as if it's going to land here, so yes. I assume so." She stepped forward and held out her arm, inviting the crow to land and give her the message.

Floating down swiftly, the sharp talons of the bird pinched her skin as it landed heavily. Ash found herself surprised with the weight of the creature.

"Well, my friend, what message do you have for me...?" She took a letter from it's beak and quickly opened it, scanning the contents of the message. When she had finished, she grimaced and crumpled the letter.

"A letter from Captain Firestorm. I haven't heard from her in ages, but this is urgent. After our confrontation with this serpent, we must head off to Parrot Island to meet her. She is also aware of the royalties disappearances." Ash growled under her breath and walked to her cabin, taking some parchment and a quill and scribbling a reply.

Parrot Island is a little ways off from my current location. We shall be there in two days time. We'll wait for you. A word of warning, Serpens Cor may be coming as well. A partnership has been arranged...

-Red Cap

"Here, I shall take your letter for the Serpent, bring this back to your master. Fly swiftly." She gave her slip of paper to the bird and it took off, no doubt going to deliver the last of it's papers and then return to Firestorm.

A frown upon her face, Ash marched back to her current position on deck, waiting once more for Reuben.

When Luna was finally finished delivering all her messages Captain Firestorm was in her cabin examining a map she had made of where she had last seen each of the missing royalty captains. Her data was not very helpful. As far as she could tell they had all been captured very far apart. Hopefully the other captains would have more conclusive information.

"Captain Firestorm," called Sharktooth, "Luna has returned with a letter." "Well bring it in", she replied. Firestorm read over Red Capped Dagger's letter. It was as good as she could have hoped for. Red Capped Dagger was a skilled pirate as was Serpens and both were important to their goal. Although Serpens Cor was very treacherous and not a pirate Firestorm particularly enjoyed collaborating with she had personally made the decision to invite him both because he would react violently to being excluded and because all the pirates did have a common cause. Although he lacked loyalty he would do what he calculated to be most in his advantage and so was a safe ally, for now.

Turning to Luna she gave her a small fish and said, "Why don't you hop into my cabin and sleep and we'll send you out again in the morning if we don't receive replies from the other captains before then"

She was about to return to her charts when a call of, "Land ho" was heard. They had reached Parrot Island.

The boat was anchored and her pirates, albeit very happy at sea were eager to get off and eat some of the fruits of the island. Firestorm did give them allowances of dried lime to prevent scurvy but they were not particularly appetizing so she allowed them to gather fruit on one condition, "I want some of you to stay armed in the woods, hidden during this conference. If all goes well you will simply have a brief vacation in the jungle but I want concealed back-up should any battle break out. This should go smoothly but you know what they say, 'never trust a pirate'. I want you there just in case"

A group of her pirates agreed to stay armed and hidden and the majority of the crew went to gather fresh fruits on the island.

"I shall call you Lieutenant as soon as you call me captain, William. But very well, a few luxuries shall be offered to your friends," Reuben replied, his cold voice bored. He brushed away the boat as it wasn't the entrance he was going for, and signaled a few men to heft a long, sturdy plank of wood about twenty or so feet long, and reach it across both ships. It bowed slightly in the middle, and would likely do this more so when he walked across it, but such a bit of risk was quite fun, in his opinion.

"Well then, William, we shall go across now. Here is a blade," he murmured, taking a blade from the man who stood beside him and offering it to William. Reuben then turned on his heel towards the plank, and began his journey across it. He did get an effect, that was for sure. His grand hat rested atop his head, feathers flying in the wind. His coat tails whipped back and forth, and his gait was a cocky and arrogant one. He was quite grand looking, especially with the two blades on his waist.

The plank held up well and he finished his journey across it with a flourish and a bow. He took his hat off in respect, held out his arm, and bowed before the other captain.

"Hello. I believe this is the first time we've met, no? So then I shall begin with the introductions, like a true gentleman. I am Captain Reuben Holloway. Upon the seas most know me as Serpens Cor, but please, call me Reuben," he said, a fake smile plastered on his face.

William pulled the clothing on quickly, accepting the blade. This was his chance. He could kill him on the other ship. He could blame it on the others, the crew would attack and, with any luck, he could get rid of two pirates in one. Oh, how glorious an idea it was, William felt almost glad to do anything to get on the good side of Serpens Cor. He crossed the plank in a less than grand manner, slipping up slightly as he went. However, his reflexes were excellent and he caught himself so quickly that it didn't even seem as though he had tripped. William ran across the plank, landing roughly on the other ship. His face was twisted into a malicious scowl though, biting back the pain of his many wounds. He bowed to the other captain, following suit. This was not his place to talk. He would only speak if spoken to.

The Red Capped Dagger bowed gallantly and smirked.

"'A true gentleman' you say? From what I've heard, you're far from 'gentle'." She tipped her hat and swept an arm around dramatically.

"It's a fine day when I am privileged to meet you, Reuben. My name is Ash, also known as the Red Capped Dagger. No last name. Well, not that I'd like to speak of anyway, but onto the important stuff! I assume you are aware of the recent disappearances of our Royal brothers and sisters? Firestorm has contacted me through crow, sending you a message as well." She extended her arm, holding the letter that stated the meeting point for the royals.

She blew some of her hair out of her face and fiddled with the sheath of her dagger, watching Reuben curiously. Her crew behind her was silent, hanging on the two famous captain's every words. Collins was standing beside her, arms crossed and frowning deeply.

"And who might this be...?" Ash gestured to the man who had come aboard with the serpent. He looked haggard and worn. But something about him seemed familiar...

Pleasantries. Even amongst pirates? How queer. William had to wait though. He needed the right time. This was not then. Right on their way back, he'd kill the captain before there was even a chance for him to get on the plank. Then he'd run across and to freedom and the death of many pirates. William bowed respectuflly towards the Red Capped Dagger, biting his lip as he did so. Not only pain physically now, but paining his pride by bowing. "My name is Lieutenant William Hemingway, 31st legion, from Cambridge. It is a pleasure to meet you, ma'am. Truly, an unparalleled delight."

Ash's eyes widened at the officer's name. That was where she had seen him before! Her previous life as the wife of Captain Harold had let her see many things in the military. Including the men who served as well. Thank god she had changed her appearance so much.

"'Hemingway'? Oh... no, the pleasure's all mine my dear military man. Tell me, what are you doing among the Serpent's ship? Have you gone astray? I've heard great things of you..." More like, seen. How long ago had she seen this man? Five years? Possibly.

She tipped her hat to him, her golden eyes flashing with mischief. They looked at the abused man before her, trying to convey what she thought in her mind.

What are you up to, Lieutenant? This man, she knew, would never have allowed anything to pique his pride. Except...

"I am here, in the service of the captain here, miss," William said, tilting his head to indicate Serpens Cor. He certainly was hurt by admitting that, but all would be fine in just a few minutes. As soon as the uncomfortable pirate exchange was over. And more, he had learned of something important. More than anything now, he needed to return to England and tell the military. The pirates were weak now. Their numbers dwindled. He forced a smile, standing straighter. He had lost his masquerade as a pirate, now he was a Lieutenant once more. He stood straight, moved his hands behind his back as he would have if he was addressing one of superior rank. The stance was comfortable. It brought him back to kinder times. "I am here to protect the captain, should things go astray," His eyes locked with her's, glinting maliciously. And I intend fully for them to do so, He thought.