PeachSapling

The Dove Pin

Would you like to join if it's approved?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

((haha I like you, you're sensible and hillarious. Makes me curious >.<))

Robby listened to the answer of the maid. Fortunately, that was exactly what he was wanti He looked to girl who had gotten the guts to ask, but she seemed escpecially shy. He decided to take some of the burden off of her, as she seemed to be a nice character.

"Hey, that's exactly what I was going to ask! Whadda you know?" he said aloud. "Also, are there seperate bedroom and bathroom stalls?" He leaned into the maid, and proceeded to whisper into her ear. He was sure to be loud enough that all of the nearby children could hear, particulary those who were asking the maid questions.

"I have a rash in a very uncomfortable place, and I don't want anyone else seeing or hearing about it."

He was lying.

The maid whispers to him with a strange look on her face, "There are seperate bathrooms, but everyone sleeps together. Here, take this. Crush them up and put them on your rash. You'll need them". The maid gives Robby some leaves, then walks away with a shiver. Rachel looked at what the maid gave to Robby to see that they were healing herbs and gave out a little giggle at what he said.

((You're post is making me giggle in real life Robby. xd.png))

The maid whispers to him with a strange look on her face, "There are seperate bathrooms, but everyone sleeps together. Here, take this. Crush them up and put them on your rash. You'll need them". The maid gives Robby some leaves, then walks away with a shiver. Rachel looked at what the maid gave to Robby to see that they were healing herbs and gave out a little giggle at what he said.

((You're post is making me giggle in real life Robby. xd.png))

(( We never got the answer to our other question...))

((Whoops.... :/ *Snaps fingers* I've got an idea!))

Rachel looked over to see that the maid dropped a piece of paper. She looked to see a bunch of weird shapes. "Hey guys! I found something! I just dunno what it is." She had seen these shapes before, but she had no idea what they meant. (It was the schedule and the shapes were letters and numbers.)) Out of nowhere a couple dressed in fancy clothes came down through the doors. (It's Prince Toby and Princess Sandi) Rachel had an idea, but it was a long shot. She tried to stand like a lady and walked up to them, scared out of her mind.

Slightly weirded out of the strange looks he got from the maiden and a couple surrounding peers, he opened his bag to put the leaves away and, hopefully, never see them again. He knew that wasn't going to happen. While he put them in, something in his bag glistened, so he pulled it out. He held it up into the light.

"Well, you certainly get surprises when you let your parents pack your bags for a boarding school." There was a slight pause for him to admire it. It depicted a small dove in flight, and had his name engraved on the back. "I always loved this pin as a young boy. It gave of a great radiance when you put it in the sunlight."

He wasn't talking to any person in general, but he was expecting the girls who were also talking with the maid would see.

-Marie was relieved when the boy suddenly spoke up, she watched him, mouth parted every so slightly in silent suprise. Her features softened, grateful for his intervention, though, his own personal addition to his question put a soft innocent blush on her cheeks. She hadn't wanted to hear that even if it was a joke, she smield anyway. When the maid left she felt like the only thing keeping her there had left and now was hanging about awkwardly and out of place. One of the girls suddenly fixed herself and approached a rather regal looking couple. Marie flinched at their oppressive presence and backed up slightly. Remembering the boy she continued to back up untiil she was standing beside him.

Feeling especially shy right then, her cheeks burned a rosey hue and her eyes shifted between him and the ground often as she mustered her courage.- "U-uhm....thank you..." -Marie blushed even more if that was possible at this point, turning her head to hide her face but her ears betrayed her. Her dark locks of hair tucked behind it by a natural wave curcving back and behind before rippling back just beneath it.

However, he stuck out his hand, raising a pin to the light. At first it didn't register but once it did she exlaimed, caught up in her revelation, an out of character gasp, loud enough to draw attention to herself.- "Goodness me! I have that very same pin! Where ever did you get it?!"

Edited by Chasilin

Rachel paused in her steps to look back to see the boy holding up a pin. "A pin? Wait a minute......" She looked down at her torso to see her dove pin. Then she looked back to the boy to see that he had the same one! She ran back to the group in a flash to ask the boy, "Where did you get that pin?" She moved some strands of her brown hair with her other hand (The one without the schedule) to reveal that she to, has the same pin on.

Edited by PeachSapling

Robby was astonished to see that the shy girl had the same pin! And when he thought that was amazing, the other girl flared hers, too!

"My gosh..." he said, awed. "I dunno. I've always... had this pin. As long as I can remember."

-Realizing her outburst she piped a squeak of surprise and clutched the straps of her douffle bag tighter. She hadn't meant to make a spectacle of herself but she softened up a little to the boy's words.- "I...I have as well, that is, I've had it for as long as I can remember. The couple...that...ah, took care of me said that I...I had it when they found me in a..." She was unsure if she should mention that she had been discovered in a river, or even that she'd been 'found' in the first place. She worried her lip with her teeth and realized she'd only introduced herself to the maid. She was a little afraid to say her name first so she stayed quiet and never finished her sentence.-

Edited by Chasilin

Robby was beyone awe.

"So, you have had it as long as you remember, and I have had mine as long as I can remember, and she has has it, to my estimation, as long as she can remember, this must be more than a coincidence!" he said, knowledgely. After a brief pause (And realizing the shyness of the one girl,) he changed the subject.

"Names Robby. Boy Genius." He held out his hands to each one to shake.

Rachel shook Robby's hand,"Name's Rachel. I've been planting since I was four and I love planting to this day." She then remembered the schedule in her hand. "We should find someone who knows what this is before our class starts." Out of pure pure irony, another couple dressed in fancy clothes came through the castle doors. They looked happier than the other couple that came through. She whispered to them (After Marie shook Robby's hand.) "This is a long shot, but we could ask them." Rachel pointed to the happy couple. (Prince Martyn and his fiancee Gertude.) "They could tell us what it means. If we're polite enough, we could even be shown where our classes are. It could work!"

((Curse you, timezones. *shakes fist at roundness of Earth*))

Ianthe watched the others as they, too, took out their pins. The chances that this was a coincidence was low before, but it was nearly impossible now. She would have to stick with them and find out what this was all about. Ianthe walked forward, tapping Rachel's shoulder. "E-excuse me." She pulled her pin out of her bag as well, hoping that it would be enough of an explanation.

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

-Once again Marie is saved by the boy, now known to her as Robby. She gave a wide-eyed look of panic as the girl, Rachel, took Robby's hand and shook it. It came to her and she, being entirely frazzled, accidentally let go of her bag with both her hands, one going up to mee Robby's, the other flying to her chest. Before she could do anything though her bag landed at her feet and she blushed deeper yet.- "O-oh no..." She said quietly and exremely embarrassed now. Bending to pick it up she was finally able to smooth her figurative feathers enough to shake the boy's hand, just as Rachel bowed in and whispered a plan of action.-"Ma! Marie..." She said nervously, her voice trailing off into a whisper, softening when she spoke her name seconds before Rachel began.-

"This is a long shot, but we could ask them." Rachel pointed to a happy couple. "They could tell us what it means. If we're polite enough, we could even be shown where our classes are. It could work!"

Marie quickly reclaimed her hand having accidentally left it in Robby's because she'd become distracted. Again, Marie's figurative feathers ruffled and she bowed her head shyly. Another girl came up to the group flashing an indentical pin as the three so far. Marie went wide eyed and gasped quietly, her hand, once in Robby's, flew to her lips and brushed them ever so slightly in her surprise.- "Goodness!" She exclaimed in a whisper to herself, her voice soft as flute in spring.-

Edited by Chasilin

-Once again Marie is saved by the boy, now known to her as Robby. She gave a wide-eyed look of panic as the girl, Rachel, took Robby's hand and shook it. It came to her and she, being entirely frazzled, accidentally let go of her bag with both her hands, one going up to mee Robby's, the other flying to her chest. Before she could do anything though her bag landed at her feet and she blushed deeper yet.- "O-oh no..." She said quietly and exremely embarrassed now. Bending to pick it up she was finally able to smooth her figurative feathers enough to shake the boy's hand, just as Rachel bowed in and whispered a plan of action.

"This is a long shot, but we could ask them." Rachel pointed to a happy couple. "They could tell us what it means. If we're polite enough, we could even be shown where our classes are. It could work!"

Marie quickly reclaimed her hand having accidentally left it in Robby's because she'd become distracted. Again, Marie's figurative feathers ruffled and she bowed her head shyly. Another girl came up to the group flashing an indentical pin as the three so far. Marie went wide eyed and gasped quietly, her hand, once in Robby's, flew to her lips and brushed them ever so slightly in her surprise.- "Goodness!" She exclaimed in a whisper to herself, her voice soft as flute in spring.-

((You never had her say her name. Was that intentional? I am going to assume she said her name. If it was intentional, I'll change my post below.))

Yet another girl came into the group, also wearing a dove pin.

"Okay. This is officially crazy!" he said aloud. It was almost a yell, but it wasn't an angry one, as much as a baffled one. "Why on earth and the seven seas would there be four pre-teens who all go to the same school on the same day who also share identical bird pins, despite the fact that they have never seen each other before? There is something going on, and once I get used to this school, I'm getting to the bottom of it!"

After his rant, he realized he never got the name of the other girl.

"My name's Robby. This is Marie, and this is Rachel," he said, pointing to the other two girls. "Your name?"

Edited by thegreenrobby

Rachel looked back to see that another girl as well, had the same pin! "Ok, this is getting crazy. Four of us all have the same pin. We couldn't have possibly have gotten them from different places. Could there be more of us?" ((And what's funny is that we have another person as a "Dove Child" and 6 are still unknown.)) Rachel then remembered what they were doing. She fixed up her body like a lady and walked towards the happy couple. She heard Robby say something but she kept on walking. Rachel, scared out of her mind, managed to say some words to them. "H-hello there Sir and Madam." She glanced back at them with a look saying, "Help me guys!".

Edited by PeachSapling

(("Avian-encrusted"? Dude, these kids can't even read yet.))

"Oh, um...uh." Ianthe fiddled with her pin. "Ianthe. My name's Ianthe." She managed to squeak out, hoping that she had been loud enough. "Well, my...my parents told me that it was, uh." She took a deep breath. "They found me near a river, and I had the pin with me. I don't know. Nice to meet you all." She trailed off near the end and became nearly inaudible.

The girl named Rachel was approaching the couple. She shot the group a pleading look, and Ianthe looked back helplessly. She decided to stay back. She would only really hinder them if she tried to help.

-Despite being shy she felt oblidged to help the girl so she hurried over there, cheeks red, hair jostling back and forth between her shoulderblades but not before first nodding greeting to Ianthe. Afterall, she couldn't be rude. Marie stopped short of Rachel and went right into a curtsie, as her grandmother had taught her that a young lady always should. In the presense of this conspicuous couple she had a little more courage, there was something about them that filled her chest and made her shoulders fall back to give her the posture of a perfect lady.- "Goodmorning, Monsieur Dame." She chimed kindly, her french a habbit from living on the farm in Cergy though her accent was entirely English with a touch of french.-

((about the farm in Cergy bit, if they all had to be found in England than I can easily say they moved to France or something after they found her because right now I'm in Cergy on a farm and I felt the need to add that in x3 I can easily change it.))

Edited by Chasilin

((Green is Martyn, and purple is Gertrude))

((Also, the farm is fine. smile.gif It gives more of a back story of where Marie has been.))

Rachel saw that Marie came in to help her. She did the best curtsie she could and tried to smile. "Why hello there young ladies. He's well, I should let him introduce himself. I'm Future Princess Gertrude. His fiancee." The woman said with a smile and pointed to the man. Then she did a lovely curtsie. The man did a bow. "I'm Prince Martyn. And this is my lovely fiancee Gertrude. Even though she's not a Princess, she's a Princess in my book." Rachel saw "Princess" Gertrude give out a small giggle. Princess Gertrude looked at Marie and said in a lovely tone,"I see that you did a lovely introduction young lady. Where did you learn that?"

Edited by PeachSapling

Marie gave a small polite curtsie to each of them as they introduced themselves. She, though usually not fond of attention, was happy to answer Gertrude's question. There was nothing she was more proud about than the things which she'd learned from her beloved 'grandparents'.- "M'lady Gertrude, I learned it from my grandmother. I'm quite pleased you noticed. I can assure you, she would be proud to have heard your praise." -Marie smiled, clutching her bag's straps lightly in silent protest to ebing in the spotlight, other than that there were no tell tale signs of her discomfort. It would be rude to let your company feel insulted or awkward. She continued her small, kind smile with her lips turned ever so sweetly up at the corners.-

Edited by Chasilin

"Ah! Tell your grandmother that she is a lovely lady." Gertrude said to Marie. Prince Martyn spoke up and said,"Well, now that we've all met, did you want to ask us something ladies?" Rachel finally got the courage to say, "We found this paper on the ground. Could you say what it means?" She gave the paper to "Princess" Gertrude and smiled in a polite way. Then answered,"Why, it looks like the schedule. Where did you find it? Never mind that, it looks like math and reading is first, manners is second, and history is 3rd. Before reading is breakfast, between manners and history is lunch, and after that is dinner." Prince Martyn then asked them politely, "Would you like to be taken to your classes young ladies?". He then looked at Robby and Ianthe talking to each other. Prince Martyn then walked over to them, made a bow, and said to them, "Would you like to be taken to your classes? I assume you are friends of those two young ladies." He pointed towards Marie and Rachel. Edited by PeachSapling

((...I saw the "x3" and literally interpreted it as "multiply by three" for a few seconds there. Wow.

Also, Chasilin - striped stockings before they were invented, owns a bunch of jewels, related to some king, and speaks another language? Wish fulfillment is fine, but please don't go too overboard with it. As in, please try not to add "Oh, and she can do this too!" in the middle of the story. It's kind of annoying since it drags your char into the spotlight and is usually a symptom of Mary Sue. Kthx.))

Ianthe blinked. The girl with the jewels - Marie, was it? - suddenly seemed to open up and chatted with the couple easily. She frowned. How does one go from withdrawn and nervous to open and friendly that fast? The girl was interesting in other ways, as well. All those jewels...she couldn't have been from the same village Ianthe was from. Or was she? Ianthe had never had much of an interest in the other children. She made a mental note to ask Marie about it later.

Ianthe suddenly felt intensely awkward. There was nothing she could do to help them decipher the piece of paper, and there was nothing else she could do before they accomplished that. She looked at Robby, the only one not talking to the couple, and briefly debated whether to start a conversation. She decided against it and looked away again. Rummaging in her bag, she brought out a worn little stuffed animal(even now, she wasn't quite sure what it was supposed to be), and scratched its head.

She didn't notice the couple approaching until Martyn asked the question. Surprised, Ianthe made a sound somewhere between a gasp and a squeak, and her face reddened. "I'm sorry! Uh, yes. We're...friends, I guess. That would be great! Thankyouverymuch." The words came out in a rush. Ianthe squirmed and squeezed her stuffed friend.

Martyn gave out a little chuckle and said to Ianthe,"You know young lass, I used to have a stuffed animal just like you when I was a lad. One day, I let my brother Toby borrow it, and I never saw it again. It was a dog named Bruce and it was made of cow hide. Somehow my mother made it out of cow leather. Oh mother, how much I loved her. She died the day before I proposed to Gertrude." He bowed to Ianthe then looked at Robby,"Hello there young lad. I assume you are friends to these three lovely ladies?" Prince Martyn asked Robby.

Princess Gertrude looked at her fiancee with a smile and said to Marie and Rachel, "He always wants to meet new people. Even if it's just children. He wants to live his life at it's fullest." Rachel smiled and watched Prince Martyn talk to the new girl. "So, I guess not all Princes and Princesses are mean. Good to know." Rachel thought to herself.

Robby was taken slightly by surprise when the two characters walked up to them and offered to be led to the first classroom.

"Why, thank you! I'd like that," he responded.

(Gah, short post!)

Edited by thegreenrobby

((You make her jewelry seem outrageous and noticeable. They're modest pieces that are only noticed if you deliberately look for them and don't worry about the language bit, I'll only use what french I know and that isn't much. I couldn't speak a sentence of French to save my life despite my living here.))

Marie's face tightened ever so slightly to Gertrudes words but was able to smooth out her features easily enough. It wasn't the woman's fault she didn't know Marie's grandmother was dead. In any case, Marie stayed quiet about because the chance to mention it had long passed and the prince was off to talk to Robby and Ianthe. Marie, with nowhere else to look, turned to Rachel and smiled. She whispered in her ear.- "I hope I helped." A bright blush of rose painted her cheeks and a thickly curling lock of hair fell over her shoulder as she leaned slightly towards Rachel. Marie smiled and even though she was nervous beyond comprhension, she'd maintain her social grace for as long as she could. She knew well it'd take it's toll on her and she'd feel the effects later on. Hopefully she'd have time to recoop in the classes.-