PeachSapling

The Dove Pin

Would you like to join if it's approved?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

*Waves magic rainbow wand and deletes the one in the Dove children plot*

Edited! Can't wait till it's approved! biggrin.gif (At least I think that means it's gonna be close to being approved.)

*Waves magic rainbow wand and deletes the one in the Dove children plot*

Edited! Can't wait till it's approved!  (At least I think that means it's gonna be close to being approved.)

It should be approved.

You repeat this twice. Don't.

Fix that, and I'll Approve... *rubs my sore ear...*

We shall start when all the slots are filled if that's okay. I can't wait for this to start! biggrin.gif

Username: Shadow_claw

Character name: Sawyer

Looks: She is tall and lean, but also muscular. Sawyer has long, dark brown hair, and very fair skin. Her eyes are a starting silver/

Power: Can turn into any animal.

Likes: animals, nature, loves reading, sleeping in, sunset, sunrise, laughing, jokes, and playing games.

Dislikes: poaching, hunting for sport, killing for no reason, bullies, cold nights, mean people, etc. xd.png.

Personality: Sawyer has really no sense of pain(for most of the time). Sawyer normally takes things seriously. She is sarcastic and sometimes a bit snappy to people. Sawyer has a short fuse, and is very aggressive when animals are harmed.

Past Life: Sawyer was adopted by an older man who lived in the woods, and raised there. He died just months ago, and she is alone, but willing to move on.

Other: Dove pins are awesome.

Edited by shadow_claw

Actually, seven more to go once I answer someone's questions about this via pm. We need more boys though. xd.png Robby is the only boy that is in the "Dove children" so far.

Okay here we go.

Username: Fractional Pi Day

Character name: Ianthe

Looks: Mousy brown, shoulder-length hair and big grayish-brown eyes. A little short for her age.

Power: Intangibility/phasing through solid objects

Likes: Patterns, nature, drawing, problems that require thinking

Dislikes: Lound people, people who are convinced that they are right about everything, sudden movements

Personality: Ianthe is a little awkward when it comes to conversation. She often trips over her words or forgets to explain key things, and sometimes spaces out in the middle of a conversation before blurting out something completely unrelated. She’s a little shy around most people, and has trouble remembering the details of things she’s not interested in. A lot of the other kids think she’s a weird little girl. She doesn’t mind much, preferring to watch than to participate in activities anyway, but sometimes does get a little lonely.

Past Life: She was adopted by a nice couple and has a younger brother and an older sister. None of the siblings really paid much attention to each other and preferred to talk to their own friends. She often went off on her own to explore just beyond the village when no one was paying attention.

Other: Dove pins are awesome. Maybe tell people to delete this from their forms once accepted? Someone could get the password just by looking at the thread.

I know, her name's really weird. It's apparently a real name, though. I can change it if you want.

Also some of the stuff I asked you about seem pretty important. Maybe you should put that the dove children don't know about their powers and stuff in the first post?

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

Accepted. I think I put the part about how they don't know about their powers in the first post already in the "Information you need to know" part. Lemme go check.

Edit: *facepalm* I didn't put it into words clearly. I tweaked it for better understanding.

Edited by PeachSapling

Yeah. Sometimes you can't see some simple mistakes if you write something on your own, but everyone else seems to.

You are right, though. This needs more boys. (So alone!)

Don't worry! Assuming that boy and girl characters are equally as likely to join, there's still a 43.75 percent chance that the gender ratios will be 5:6 or 6:5 in the end. //math nerd

Can we start before all of the Dove children positions are filled? It seems like it's going to take forever, at this rate...

*Looks at poll* Hm, it seems someone says it's horrible. Or, they are just trolling. Or, they clicked that by accident. Or, they just want to be in the spotlight. *Shrug* It shall not stop us!!

Edit: We'll wait for one moar person. Then we shall start!

Edit 2: Whoa O_o that just blows my mind Fractional.

Edited by PeachSapling

Don't worry! Assuming that boy and girl characters are equally as likely to join, there's still a 43.75 percent chance that the gender ratios will be 5:6 or 6:5 in the end. //math nerd

Can we start before all of the Dove children positions are filled? It seems like it's going to take forever, at this rate...

But did you forget that Peach's character is controlled? Hence, the ratios would be within a balance of 10? This, theorhettically, would render your mathematics inaccurate?

(Did I spell that right? I'm not entirely sure.)

Edited by thegreenrobby

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I was counting for all 11 Dove children. If the seven that have yet to apply are three girls and four boys, there would be six girls and five boys total. If the seven are two girls and five boys, then there would be five girls and six boys total. In both cases, the gender ratios would be fairly even. 43.75% is the probabilities of these two events added together.

And no. It's theoretically.

Yeah, I kinda got lost when you two started talking about Statistics. I may be in a academically gifted group, but I'm failing in math... blink.gif

Yeah, I kinda got lost when you two started talking about Statistics. I may be in a academically gifted group, but I'm failing in math... blink.gif

We were trying to find out the odds that the characters would end up being equally girls and boys. He beat me, though.

What is the highest level school class you have taken/are currently taking, Pi?

I'm currently on 8th Grade Pre-Algebra, and am going to Algebra 1 next year. (Note: I am a 7th grader)

Anyways, my theory was that Peaches character was controlled: It always was, and always will be. The remaining 10 were the variables I was tampering with. With 2 being Female and 1 being Male, the odds list out below:

7 Males

6 Males 1 Female

5 Males 2 Females

4 Males 3 Females (This is 50:50)

3 Males 4 Females

2 Males 5 Females

1 Male 6 Females

7 Females ( Hope not...)

No matter what order these people show up, the odds will still be the same. So, there is a one in eight (1/8) chance that the odds will be even. However, I am OK with 4:6 Ratios. So the odds are three in eight (3/8) in being favorable.

Muahahaha. Exactly as planned. Exceptnotreally

...We didn't even have names for our courses in middle school. Wut. I'm in grade 9. Our school is semestered, so I'm done G9 math. Also contests and extra classes everywhere.

Fractional/casual pi day is July 22, by the way. 22/7 is, like, 0.0001 closer to pi than 3.14. I just kind of grab usernames based on what I'm thinking about.

However, the probabilities of these eight events are not equal. If seven boys join, there would only be one possibility for that: MMMMMMM. If it's 4 males and 3 females, it could be MMMMFFF or MMMFMFF or a bunch of others. You know how you're most likely to roll a seven on two dice despite the fact that there are technically eleven possible outcomes? It's something like that.

The probability for that is actually 63.28125 percent, unless I screwed up really bad(I just got up). You did take the three most likely events.

Also yay, more gifted people! =D I think one or two kids in my class actually did fail math. You're allowed to be good at different things.

Maybe we should stop talking about math now.

Please do, there is no school today because we have had very little snow days, and I really don't want to think about school right now xd.png. And let's just say ratios and pi are NOT my skills.

*Is confused because of not being in middle or high school* O.o I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but whatever it is, continue on with it.

The probabilities of the gender ratios being fairly even after all 11 Dove children spots are filled. And also math education. But that's beside the point.

Maybe we should just start. //impatience bluuuuuh