CYDA LUVA83

Ancient Beginnings

Ellen stopped her advancing, seeing his reatreat. "A special plant? I wonder if it could help air breathers stay underwater fo longer periods of time. I bet our swimmers would like that."

~~~~~

Niomi couldn't believe he actually went for it! Usually it would take a while of convincing to get them agree to revive her. She gasped in surprise as the energy of the green dragon started to fill her bones and muscles, coursing through her body, pulsing in time to her heartbeat. Wait... heartbeat? Yes! A heartbeat! And blood. Bones... muscles... breath... They were all hers now. Green scales appeared over skin and a pink crest found its place on her forehead. Real teeth aligned themselves in her jaw and she found herself able to open and close her mouth.

Suddenly spiking pains were all she felt as the energy grew once again, this time working on her height and other physical aspects. Niomi screamed, after being deceased for so many years she had forgotten what it was like to feel, so her pain tolerance was zero. Her legs, neck, and tail grew in length, almost doubling her height and nearly tripling how much space she took up. The spring dragoness sut her eyes and grit her teeth together, trying her hardest to ignore the growing pains. she knew that if she was ever revived that she would grow. But the screaming... She had been able to hear as a ghost, but being alive with working ears made everything much clearer and louder.

Niomi collasped next to Syn Plague, her breathing rattled and exaggerated. She didn't dare move, as the pain of growing limbs and other body parts still surging with some frequency through her veins. The dragoness looked up at the green eastern dragon, panting with the effort, her muscles completely unused. "Thank you." She croaked before her head slammed back on the floor of the library.

~~~~~

Fusion stared in awe at the large beast. "What a doozy... Hey! Want to fly to the side of it and pull its ribs apart?" she called to Xanorak.

~~~~~

Cydae looked at Ashur, puzzled. When he walked off, she cast an invisibility spell upon herself, cloaking her figure entirely. She followed Ashur, confused when he stopped in front of a painting. What was so imporatant about a stupid painting?

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

'Well s@#t, here goes... -the grey admitted there was no other way, so he went through the portal and appeared in the grounds, the unpleasant feeling of being teleported overshadowed by his injured shoulderblade.

He'd just missed Niomi's reincarnation, but would otherwise have paid it little mind anyway...

Reluctantly, the grey exited the castle, ignoring everyone he saw along the way and albeit unsteadily, he walked over to the lake.

Still unwilling to deal with the greater size of his wounds in dragon form, he remained a human, lied down by his favourite lakeside tree and tried to relax and let the wound close up on its own, hoping that, albeit he was not in his original form, his natural regenerative processes had crossed over to his other form as well.

It was a rough day, but he'd done what he wanted, and it was so satisfying, knowing he'd likely put a severe dent in the human forces' supply lines. Without that source of fuel, they'd have to either import it at a higher price, or do without.

At the very least he could also let Lydia know the blacksmith was alright and will soon set shop up elsewhere...

==============================

'What... oh, what?! -Faelan clamped his ears shut with both paws when the silence was shattered. After the quite audible spectacle was over, he scurried back into the library to find the weirdest image he'd ever seen. The newcomer, seemingly unconscious, a larger than him dragon, also seemingly unconscious...

Cautiously, he approached the more familiar-looking one and nudged her on the nose.

'You okay? What happened? Hello?

==============================

'Hell yeah! -Alekks yelled, then roared right at it.

Using some basic telekietic magic, he started to systematically throw it off-balance by placing barriers and restraints to impede its movement.

By the time he was done, the monster had slowed to a crawl.

The nebula rushed towards it, already aware of what he had to do, hoping Fusion would follow through with her plan.

Edited by Ælex

Latou looked up as she felt a large surge of energy from her east. She frowned for a moment, feeling a daunting sense of... Familiarity. It was a wild and random sort of magic, one only possessed in that magnitude by a specific kind of being. A god to be precise. Jamie, the god of Random to be even more precise. He had always sought out to annoy her when she dwelt in the castle, and she had left, thinking him too busy bothering the others and random mortals to actually search for her. So it had been for just over two hundred years. Until today. Suffice to say, Latou panicked; she had worked hard to achieve this level of calm in this forest. The god of chaos coming would only disturb the perfect peace she had going here. She had to make sure everything was stable with the shrine, and leave. She tapped her powers into the planet's once more, sealing the leak there had been and wiping the enchantment the Fey had s clumsily plonked atop the shrine clear. This place could handle her being gone for a couple more hundred years; it would not, however, handle the god of random. He would see the calm and have an undeniable urge to break it. She knew this, after so long knowing him, and breathed a sad goodbye to her trees. She had to leave here, before she was detected.

At least, she got up, and sighed in resignation. She wished Jamie didn't find her so amusing to annoy. Maybe the solution was not to be outwardly annoyed. She had tried that before, yet for some reason she could not remember what had happened afterwards, nor why she had stopped ignoring him. He hadn't pissed her off that much, had he?

She had no idea. She opened her eyes, canceling her magic, and stood up. It was time to make a hasty exit...

===========================================

Fiyara chuckled in glee, imagining the myriad of ways she could help free Lita; her friend had done so much for her, and Fiyara had decided it was time for her to make it up to Lita for sacrificing as much as she had done.Though sacrificing one's sanity and will for a friend was a steep price to pay off...

Fiyara froze, remembering again what she had tried to tell Varaug, yet never truly gotten the time for it. She rubbed the scales on the side of her cheek awkwardly with a fore-paw, and wondered how exactly to tell him that an old friend had gone hellfire levels of crazy. She had just thought of a way, but literally as soon as she opened her maw, an ear shattering explosion filled the sky, drowning out anything she tried to say. She rubbed the side of her head in annoyance, glaring at the sky. Couldn't that have happened, oh, she didn't know; when she wasn't trying to say something important?

She looked back to Varaug, annoyance simmering in her eyes, and decided to just out and say it; she had dealt with enough unorthodox interruptions.

"Varaug, fraid to say it, but something happened to Lita while you were gone. Something bad, messed her up." She explained shortly, swiftly abandoning the long windiness of her earlier speech. It just would not do, not with all the interruptions recently. He needed to know this, unless he was caught unprepared when the time came to save Lita and got his ass charred!

Edited by Lato_Dato

Few words could describe the joys of seeing his crush so joyful, and fewer could the following shiver down Varaug's spine when he found out there was more he'd not yet learned about Lita. Oh complications, complications...

No... they had an objective, that's all that mattered.

'We'll find her and drag her back by her tail if we have to. -he waved off the detail Fiyara was about to share.

After all, it was Lita they were talking about... what could a bunch of puny little wretched humans have done to mess up a guardian of nature?

In Varaug's mind, she was captive, and struggling for freedom. All she needed was help.

Little did he know just how wrong he probably was...

Just then, a wave of fast-moving air and a low thundering noise swept past them.

'Whoa! -the magi shook his head and looked about, noticing a fireball mushroom cloud coming up out of one of the human settlements. Somehow, he had a clue what had caused that... Deep down he was somewhat worried as to whether or not Ashur was alright... but would have to trust his belief that the grey more than knew what it was doing.

'One less problem... Let's get going. -Varaug said hastily and unfolded his wings.

Keisha looked around, noticing that the Pink has gone, and she sighed quietly, looking back over at her mate. "Yknow... We've been awake for days now, and I still haven't found any of my children." She groaned.

Fiyara nodded, unfolding her wings. She wasn't putting enough trust in Varaug, it seemed; Var was a tough, he-dragon. He'd survive a little ass charring, and be fine. She hoped. She'd really hate to be wrong; she didn't like the thought of Varaug coming out there fully charred and not... She shook her head. They were going to save Lita. That was all there was to it!

Giving her icy wings a few steady flaps, she jumped to the air, the magic n the ice somehow keeping her aloft. Seemed like she had someone to thank for that, at least. She grinned toothily, rising above the trees with some difficulty. Magic wings or no, she was still goddamned heavy for a dragon. Seemed that not even a certain ice spirit could compensate for that, she chuckled to herself. Then frowned.

Get real, Fiyara! We need a plan, or we're probably going to get squished into little meaty, bite sized chunks by the humans. She chastised herself. Yes, a plan, they needed one.

"So, Var, have we got a plan, or 're we going to go in there and kick butt?" She called out across the sky to him, tucking her legs in under her. She still didn't like flying, no matter how many times she did it, the sight of the ground so far away was unnerving...

Edited by Lato_Dato

A plan? Against the humans? From what Varaug remembered they'd managed to escape from human clutches as mere hatchlings.

What possible resistance can one god-forsaken base offer against his and Fiyara's wrath?

He was, of course, ignoring the very high likely-hood that it would be more than humans they will fight in the coming battle for Lita's freedom.

...still...

'A plan... I'm... I don't think we can make one up. We know nothing about the facility other than its whereabouts. For now, we rely on brute killing power, methinks. -the magi said hesitantly. It was against his nature to go unprepared, but time was of the essence.

Taking off, Varaug spun around in the air and headed off towards their aforementioned destination alongside Fiyara, eager to spill some blood and save a friend.

Fiyara hid a frown, slightly worried over the lack of backup plans. If she and Varaug went and got themselves caught, she wasn't sure what would happen; magi's were not considered too rare. If they had enough in captivity they might just decide he wouldn't be worth the trouble of keeping and kill him outright. But on the other hand, they might think he was some odd hybrid of another type of dragon because of hi- she shook her head. Enough of this worrying! They had a friend to save. Plans were overrated anyway!

Farengar could be relied upon to keep an eye on things while they were gone. She hoped that he would have the initiative to take charge if things went sour...

"Let's give em hell, then!" She said with determination, thinking that, if they did get captured or killed, they would at least leave them soppy humans sore for a while. It was the least they could do for a friend...

Edited by Lato_Dato

Ayleth was running, running from the humans that were after her. She was tired, and was almost fainted. She was raoring, as a cry for help form any dragon that was close by. She had her claws short, and she could tell that the humans were shocked that she didn't run into a tree, for her white eyes surgested that she was blind, but she wasn't. She could see just perfectly, for they say no one can go by just looks. She soon made her way to the dragon castle. She was scared of other dragons, but not as scared of them as she was with the humans. She was still raoring from the forest, calling for help. Her wings on her back was fully in, but she didn't know how to fly.

Grublin lifted his head off the cot, hearing a faint roar in the distance. That was uncommon... A blimp siren next. Greaattt, just peachy. The green dragon stepped off of his temporary bed and out the front door of the fort. Something was running towards them. A... black hatchling. With white eyes? Odd, but there was no time to reflect on the unusual. Humans were near and a hatchling was at risk. Despite the pain of his healing wounds, Grublin ran towards the sound and distant shape of the baby dragon. "Hang on, I'll protect you!" he called, flaring his wings and shooting a burst of flame at a human that had aimed his gun.

Doom heard the sound of a roar and fireblast and flew outside. "Grublin, you take the humans on the ground, I have the blimps" He said, letting Nightmare take over. He took off, his entire body now pitch black and sped towards the blimp, dodging the cannonballs. "EVERYONE HIT THE DECK!" A soldier said as Doom slammed through the blimp, causing it to explode. "That'll teach you to mess with Nightmare." A blast of black fire covered the ground near the humans as Doom landed near Grublin. "Need help?" He said to the green, smiling evily.

"Farengar thinks I have a thing for guys, of course I'll need help. By the way, you busy later this week?" Grublin asked with a grin as he ran alongside Doom. He waited a few seconds, letting his response sink in. "I'm kidding, good lords." The green laughed and ran ahead, using his injured tail to wipe out about seven ground soldiers. "Who do you think you are?! Chasng a hatchling!"

Doom stood there with his jaw hanging for a second and then snapped out of it and charged towards the humans and hovered above the ground as they tried to grab him and pull him down. His voice amplified. "Fools, you know not the one of whom you accost!" A green aura swirled around him as he spoke. "So for those who can not fathom the notion, listen well. I am Doom Jericho, protector of the Land, guardian of the Dragons and Lord of the Star of Aegis. Countless lives have fallen to the might of my claws and I shall watch countless more before the underworld takes me again. All shall know my power and despair!" Nightmare screeched at them. He breathed black flames and began swiping at them, laughing like a maniac the whole while.

((What is going on? One second Doom's talking to Keisha, and the next, something completely different is happening. -.-))

Grulin watched with mouth agape as Doom downed the blimp in ten seconds flat. He whistled. "Good job!" The dragon called to Doom. There seemed to be no more ground soldiers, and Grublin started to look around for the strange black hatchling when something beat against his leg. Looking down, Grublin noticed a blonde woman punching her fists against his hind calf. He picked her up, eliciting screams from her throat as he did. "Shush, girl. What's the matter with you?"

"Yoouuuu little *****, put me down."

"Who's the little one here?"

He recieved a pouty face in return. "Shuddap, I'm mad right now."

"Ah, you're Ellen, right? I've overheard you and that tomahawk fellow talking."

"**** you, man."

"Hey, hey, that wasn't nice." Grublin spun around as he heard the blimp crash into the ground. "Look, you hide out here for a little while and I'll come back and get you. Then we can have a little talk. How about that?"

"Fine."

"Good girl, scamper off, now." He said, dropping her on the ground. She looked back at him once she was down, gasping for breath and clutching her chest when she hit the ground belly-down from the 2 meter fall.

"Oh you... little ****er, you're gonna... ha... ouch... pay... for that." Ellen gasped before crawling back into the treeline.

"Okay."

Grublin turned back to the black hatchling and started to run again, this time to catch her and keep her away from any other humans that might be lurking around. "Hey! Run for the fort! Run in a zigzag!" He shouted to her, telling her to zigzag in case there might be any other humans with guns.

((Ayleth jumped in, running from a batch of humans. Doom and Grublin ran out to help.))

Edited by CYDA LUVA83

Doom flew up into the air, looking around for anymore humans. He descended when he say none and walked up to Grublin and wacked him across the face. "I may be damn sexy, but that was uncalled for." He said, his voice back to normal and snickering. "Now, let's head back and check on that hatchling." He said, turning around and walking back. He recognised that human, but he didn't know who she was. Doom shrugged it off and kept walking.

Ayleth nodded at the green dragon and she scappered off, but stayed somewhat close to them. Once the fighting stopped, she went to them, timmidly. She yawned and was tired. She hoped the older dragons would beable to pick her up and take her to safty. She had ran far and long, chassed after many different humans inside a long past that would bring down a hyperactive hatchling. She didn't say a word though, and her white eyes seemed to be like gold to humans, even though she wasn't blind as they hoped. She could see like a normal dragon, and that gave her an eadge over the humans, for she never ran into a tree or something dumb like that.

Grubin nodded at the little hatchling when she came up to them. "Are you alright, not hurt, shot, or injured in any way?" He sad softly, crouching down to be eye level with the little baby dragon. Her white eyes were unsettling, and for a moment he thought her to be blind, but she had manuvered through the trees with precise movements, so he was sure she had her sight.

Doom walked over to the hatchling and stood there, eyeing her over, looking for any wounds of a sort. "Jaci confnic..." Doom muttered, voice filling with anger. They would need to build their strength fast...Disaster was approaching. He took off, yelling back to Grublin. "I will watch the land from the top of the castle, something's coming, if you hear a loud roar, it's me." Doom said, flying to the top of the new castle and alighting on top of it and watching the horizon.

Edited by Doomkaiser

"I'm alright, just some scraches and I ran a very long way," Ayleth said to the older dragon. She at least felt a bit more protected with the two older ones around. She then saw the second one more aware, and he saw some scratches on her, and maybe a glimce with her eyes. She didn't know why she looked blind, but it seemed to keep everyone to think like that. She wondered if something had happened to her egg or she had gained this by her genetics as she never met her mother or father.

Grublin peered at the hatchling curiously. "Alright. Come on, let's get you inside." He reached down and picked up Ayleth in his mouth by the nape of her neck. Immediatly he felt something wrong, it felt as if his mind had turned to mist and was drifting to her. He no longer felt the telepathic prescense of animals and other dragons far away. Grublin looked down at Ayleth, not all that frightened, he had built up his telepathic powers by being a scavenger. But a dragon who could steal the powers of another? That... could be dangerous. The green dragon regained his grip on the young dragon and started to trot back to the fort.

When they were inside, he set her down on the floor. "Are you hungry?"

"I can not steal anothers powers, but swap them. I kind of can't swap another power for yours because I only have my powerswapping power. Humans used me to get the best abilities to the best of their dragons," Ayleth said truthfully. She became even more sore then what she was before, so she could not make another swap or she would be out cold for the night, and if anyone tried to swap with her out cold, she would die. She hoped the older dragon wont use her powers for such things. She fell alseep until she was placed on the ground. "Anything but deer please. I'm alergic to deer so I can't have it. I don't mean to sound picky," she said as she yawned. Anyone could tell that, that hatchie was very tired.

Doom flew into the forest and looked around for a bit of food. He found none. "Sure is a lot to pick from..." He said to himself as he dived for a big salmon in the lake. Satisfied with himself, he flew back to the castle and went inside. "Here, eat, you'll need it after the running." He said with a smile, dropping the salmon infront of her and walking back outside. He flew back up to his post on the roof and continued his gaze on the horizon.

"Thank you," said Ayleth to the other dragon. She started to ate the fish that was infront of her. She was really hungry, and it looked like the humans had bearly feed her from how fast she eat. She didn't eat the bones, but she did eat the scales of the fish, even though that was hard for her to chew. She loved fish, for it was her favorite kind of food.

Dvaros looked up from the rubble he had decided to take shelter in, glancing anxiously from left to right in search of blimps. He had heard one, he could swear, and the mere sound had sent a wave of chill down the back of his spine, and a nigh unavoidable urge to duck and cover. So he had, wary of being sniped from above by the humans. Now, he could no longer hear any blimps, but that wasn't any reason to be incautious. He waited for a few more seconds, and decided that there was no harm emerging from the rubble he was hiding behind. So, with a puff of smoke and a sigh, he heaved himself out, shaking the dust and rubble off of his sales. The teenage dragon collected his nerves, trotting anxiously fowards, expecting a gunshot and a stab of pain for his troubles. When nothing happened, his confidence rose, and his hesitant gait soon turned into a swift trot. He saw a group of dragons down by the castle; curious he trotted closer, deciding to investigate while he had the guts. There was a new dragon there; she was younger that Davros, which was a slight relief. In a way, he had always resented being the hatchling among many adults. It was something about being shorter than everyone else, he was sure. He approached, with slight caution. He may have been optimistic about the young dragon, but upon closer inspection he received a slight shock. The young dragon's eyes were completely white, as though blind. Confidence replaced with hesitation, he paused, before stuttering; "Uhh, that was some raid... Are you all ok?" he questioned the group, tail swinging from side to side nervously. It took some effort to not grasp it between his claws and look piteous, Dvaros was loath to admit...