G36R

The Dragon Experiment OCC

This is sort of like Hatchling's prison, but different. This is a project ran by the government and several scientists.

History:

You are a sweet, naïve hatchling that has just been left alone at your home. Your parents have gone away to hunt for a while. You wake up from your nap, alert. You hear strange rustling noises from behind a bush and jump to your feet. You let loose a low growl, and hear a sharp whiz! Your eyes immediately close.

When you awaken, you find yourself in a room with other dragons and hatchies, ones you've never seen before. A pond lays in the middle of the grassy area. Scared, you begin to look for an escape. You run around the room, screeching and wailing, until an older dragon comes up to you and calms you down. "It's okay," the dragon says. "This is a safe place. Here's what happened to you: You were found in the wild by human scientists. Now you're here in the lab. The scientists won't hurt you, I promise." You cry out for your parents, and the strange dragon turns away. You whimper until a pinkish creature sticks a needle in your side, and you fall asleep.

Plot:

Certain observers for the Dragon Experiment watch dragons. They wait to find a younger one and snatch it from its home. The dragons have no idea what's happening, for they're knocked out. Other dragons around them are scared their children will be next.

Once captured, the dragons are put into the dragon room - a large, spacious area filled with fake grass to make the environment seem perfectly normal.(All water dragons go into a beach-like room). Scientists will observe you, and once a month do various tests on each dragon.

Some dragons manage to escape. But you have to be fast. Most dragons live their whole life in captivity. If you do somehow get out, you must find your family. It’s possible you’ll be captured again.

The main goal for scientists is to domesticate dragons. Your goal as a dragon is to plan to get out. You’re also supposed to make sure they fail when domesticating you.

Map: user posted image

Wilderness: The small area outside the labs.

Fence: Electric 24/7. Usually heavily guarded.

Hallways: Cameras are on at all times and are being monitored by people in control room.

Control Room: Scientists observe all action.

Dragon Room: Where you start out (if you start out knocked out). All dragons except coastal dragons live here.

Water Dragon Room: For water dragons.

Vet’s Room: Medic center, if you get ill.

Lab/Test area: This is where they bring you for monthly tests.

Incubator Room: If eggs are found, they are put in here. This room is designed to make eggs hatch faster.

Doors: The only way into the area inside the fence, where you get walked and trained by humans.

Dragon Rules:

You can be any dragon except...

1) Gold, silver, bronze (tinsels)

2) Guardians of Nature

3) Vampires

4) You can be an alt, as long as your whole family is an alt.

Please keep the dragons normal. No perfects, god-moding, or anything like that. They're captured normal dragons. And yes, you may control the scientists observing you. Also, no floodposting, and minimum of four sentences per post.

Here's The code to fill out.

Name:
Dragon's Name:
Species:
Personality:

I, G36R, promise to follow the RP rules.

Characters so far

Name: G36R

Dragon's Name: Moonie

Species: Royal Blue

Personality: sweet, shy, gentle, loving, caring, creative, intelligent

Name: raichuluxray

Dragon's Name: Rukia

Species: Blue nebula

Personality: Playful, hates humans.

Name:girlfairy76

Dragon's Name:Santeuem-Sectem(likes being called Sam)

Species:Thunder

Personality:Hates being called Santeuem-Sectem,Usually Nice,Can be really mad

I girlfairy76 has read ze rules :3

Name: I_Luve_Victini

Dragon's Name: Snap

Species: Magi Dragon

Personality: Well it kind of gonna be RP'd but he'll be a Joker. They'll never be a dull moment with him!

I've read the rules *boing*.

Name: Thegreenrobby

Dragon's Name: Nurktra

Species: Magi

Personality: Nurktra, or Nurk, is a fightful dragon. He is not afraid to take on anyone whom he sees as a threat, even if he is completely outsized, outnumbered, or outmatched. Ironically, he is much smaller than most Magi dragons. This attitude leads him with trouble in making friends; only people who are of innocence or little threat will he accept as friends. Those people, however, he will bond with greatly.

I've read the rules, m'kay?

User Name:SilverWolf224

Dragon's Name:Bakara

Species:White

Personality:She only gets involed in a problem when she needs to (if someone is puting someone else down) Yet she's very shy.

Name: Silverlight138

Dragon's Name: Zelastia

Species: Black Alt

Personality: A feisty, rebellious and stubborn young dragon. Zelastia is naive and ignorant to the world around her as all hatchlings are. She is extremely naughty, which gets her into a huge load of trouble. Her adventurous spirit never fails to act up. Zelastia has a sweet tooth, and is an ice cream fanatic. Surprisingly, she has an incredible talent with music.

I, Silverlight138, haz read all da rules!:D

Name:Shapeshifting dragon Cyrus

Dragon's Name: I can't think of one, so during the RP, when he is born, someone can name him. It's not like he'll know his name when he's born anyway.

Species: Sunsong Amphiptere

Personality: he is very shy and kind. He is afraid to stand up for things but he'll possibly do it anyway. He hates when people get hurt. He has a small strange magical power that no one really understands(as is typical of a Sunsong Amphiptere).

Ah read duh rools, 'nd ah swear tuh abide bah dem.

Name: GuardianProtector

Dragon's Name: HighFlyer

Species: Swallwtail

Personality: Highflyer can be niave but is also adventureous and freindly.

I, GuardianProtector here by pledge to follow the rules of the rp.

Name: kiyye

Dragon's Name: Sunnae

Species: Ribbon Dancer

Age: 10 ( read the post below me, i think she would actually be 1? ) ; basicaly just matured

Personality: She's a bit ditsy, but a huge complainer. She is easily frightened and very playful. She doesnt act like it, but she isreally quite smart. She likes to be a problem solver but hates when dragons treat her specialy becuase she is a holiday dragon.

Name: Kigyptnee

Dragon's Name: Garnet

Species: Red

Personality: To Be RP'd

Edited by G36R

Well, hello there, new RP~ As you've already seen, I'm gistofeverything, and I'm here to get your RP Approved! biggrin.gif

First, before I start grammar critiques, can you explain why there is no History? In rare instances, RPs can have no History, like Zompocalypse, but A Prison for Hatchlings DID have a History. Can you write one, please?

Wait, I understand. Here's my attempt at the history:

You, a sweet nieve hatchling have just been left alone at your home. Your parents have gone away to hunt for a while. You wake up from your nap, alert. Some rustling noises are coming from behind that bush! You let loose a low growl, and hear a sharp whiz! Your eyes immediately close.

When you awaken, you find yourself in a room with other dragons and hatchies, ones you've never seen before. A pond lays in the middle of the grassy area. Scared, you begin to look for an escape. You run around the room, screeching and wailing, until an older dragon comes up to you and calms you down. "It's okay," the dragon says. "This is a safe place. Here's what happened to you: You were found in the wild by human scientists. Now you're here in the lab. The scientists won't hurt you, I promise." You cry out for your parents, and the strange dragon turns away. You whimper until a pinkish creature sticks a needle in your side, and you fall asleep.

Is this okay?

Hello, I would love to join this RP. However, can I suggest on the implementation of 2 impt rules? happy.gif

1) No floodposting

2) Minimum of four sentences

smile.gif

Is there going to be a maximum number of members like in A Prison for Hatchlings?

Btw I like this idea I would like to join when it is approved.

Yay! Thanks for the new rules, I'll add them in right now.

And I'll accept anyone who wants to join, as long as they follow the rules. I may change this later on, but not now.

Please don't post character sheets while this is in Unapproved. If the OP is accepting, this must be handled via PM.

G36R, how hard would you like me to crit? Easy or hard. Also, you might want to copypaste this into Word if you have it, and fix some simple spelling. Post when you are ready.

Hello!

You, a sweet nieve hatchling have just been left alone at your home.

nieve is actually spelled naïve.

SO. Here's just some questions...

1) The scientists' main goal is to domesticate dragons, a goal which is fully supported and perhaps even funded completely by the government. So... out of curiosity, does the government have certain plans for the dragons once they're domesticated? Like as secret weapons for some war or employed somehow in the workforce? Or maybe as law enforcers or maybe as bodyguards for the government so the government can pull a Robin Hood style Prince John and tax the crap out of people...? Er... or as pets...

It's mentioned there's only a little bit of wilderness surrounding the lab, so it makes me think that a lot of the land has been... colonized by humans. So the possibility of the few dragon escapees accidentally encountering human civilization in their bout for freedom seems fairly likely & I'm curious about the overall human viewpoint on dragons are.

2) Considering that domestication is the goal in mind, what kind of experiments are being performed on the hatchlings every month? Is it more like fitness testing and mazes and stuff... or the traditional needles and scale samples... or is it a mix of both?

3) You mentioned that most dragons live out their lives in captivity. Is this captivity once they reach adulthood lived out elsewhere (outside of the lab) or are there a lot of adult dragons living in the lab facilities with the hatchlings? Can someone play an adult dragon if they wanted to?

4) It's hard to be sure, even with the map, so I wish to clarify something: Is the Dragon Room and Water Dragon Room somehow connected? Or is there some sort of wall between the two enclosures? Actually...

A pond lays in the middle of the grassy area.

There's a large pond in the middle of the dragon room. Why can't the water dragons just stay there? ...out of curosity...

5) How are the hatchlings fed? And are they drugged somehow?

6) I'm not quite understanding why a gold or silver dragon can't... wait... and bronze... *blinks* hold on, are you talking about tinsels?

7) If a dragon's official DC description says the dragon can naturally/normally do some sort of magic (like magis), can someone roleplay that magic if they were that species? Or do the scientists have some way of controlling/curbing that power?

8) Do Water Dragons possess the ability to breathe underwater or are they more like whales/dolphins & can hold their breath for long periods of time but have to come up for air every once and awhile... or does it depend on the species?

9) Can someone play a paper or cheese dragon? They're technically not alive, so...

10) Are water dragons trained and walked in that area inside the fence with the other dragons?

11) Would an electric dragon still be vulnerable to the electric shock of the electric fence like other dragons, or would they have some sort of resistance to it?

12) Erm... just to clarify for us "newbs" – Floodposting is when two people consecutively post one after the other for several posts and leave the other players behind in the RP, correct?

13)

Name:

Dragon's Name:

Species:

Personality:

...no gender? And is there a certain age range for each level of maturity or do we just write something along the lines of.. Egg, Hatchling S1, Hatchling S2, Adult, Elder..?

---

Um... I think that's all the questions I have at the moment... hmm... hope they're not worded too confusing. @__@

Anyways, sounds like a good start! biggrin.gif

--Kigy

Q) The scientists' main goal is to domesticate dragons, a goal which is fully supported and perhaps even funded completely by the government. So... out of curiosity, does the government have certain plans for the dragons once they're domesticated? Like as secret weapons for some war or employed somehow in the workforce? Or maybe as law enforcers or maybe as bodyguards for the government so the government can pull a Robin Hood style Prince John and tax the crap out of people...? Er... or as pets...

A) If domesticated, certain breeds will become pets, and some will become weapons against other countries in war. And, they may be used against criminals in the future.

It's mentioned there's only a little bit of wilderness surrounding the lab, so it makes me think that a lot of the land has been... colonized by humans. So the possibility of the few dragon escapees accidentally encountering human civilization in their bout for freedom seems fairly likely & I'm curious about the overall human viewpoint on dragons are.

SPOILER ALERT!There are dragon-catcher villages (hidden of course) in some of the wilderness area. Sometimes the caught escapees are put down. Other times they're put back into the lab. And occaisonally, they're lucky enough to be set free.

Q) Considering that domestication is the goal in mind, what kind of experiments are being performed on the hatchlings every month? Is it more like fitness testing and mazes and stuff... or the traditional needles and scale samples... or is it a mix of both?

A) Both.

Q) You mentioned that most dragons live out their lives in captivity. Is this captivity once they reach adulthood lived out elsewhere (outside of the lab) or are there a lot of adult dragons living in the lab facilities with the hatchlings? Can someone play an adult dragon if they wanted to?

A) There are some adult dragons, but no older ones because most are moved to a different lab somewhere else. No, you cannot play an adult. No dragons are captured when they're adults.

Q) It's hard to be sure, even with the map, so I wish to clarify something: Is the Dragon Room and Water Dragon Room somehow connected? Or is there some sort of wall between the two enclosures? Actually...

A pond lays in the middle of the grassy area.

There's a large pond in the middle of the dragon room. Why can't the water dragons just stay there? ...out of curosity...

A) The water in there is scientifically created, so water dragons can't survive. It's just there to cool off dragons.

Q) How are the hatchlings fed? And are they drugged somehow?

A) Each dragon has two bowls that are refilled every 5 hours. No reason to drug the hatchlings, there is an extremely slim chance of escaping.

Q) I'm not quite understanding why a gold or silver dragon can't... wait... and bronze... *blinks* hold on, are you talking about tinsels?

A) OOPs. Yes, I meant tinsels. Should've cleared that up.

Q) If a dragon's official DC description says the dragon can naturally/normally do some sort of magic (like magis), can someone roleplay that magic if they were that species? Or do the scientists have some way of controlling/curbing that power?

A) That's the only thing the food does besides feeding the dragons. The scientists just recently made the adjustments because they found out the hard way that dragons have magic........

Q) Do Water Dragons possess the ability to breathe underwater or are they more like whales/dolphins & can hold their breath for long periods of time but have to come up for air every once and awhile... or does it depend on the species?

A) Depends on the species. Dragons that usually stay in the water can breathe underwater.

Q) Can someone play a paper or cheese dragon? They're technically not alive, so...

A) No.

Q) Are water dragons trained and walked in that area inside the fence with the other dragons?

A) No. They don't have to be walked. Those types of dragons will be like pet fish that aren't so boring.

Q) Would an electric dragon still be vulnerable to the electric shock of the electric fence like other dragons, or would they have some sort of resistance to it?

A) It would hurt them even more than usual dragons. Same with thunder dragons. Because they have charges in them, it makes the electric hsock stronger and more painful.

Q) Erm... just to clarify for us "newbs" – Floodposting is when two people consecutively post one after the other for several posts and leave the other players behind in the RP, correct?

A) Ding!Ding!Ding! We have a winner! (That's a yes by the way.)

Q)

Name:

Dragon's Name:

Species:

Personality:

...no gender? And is there a certain age range for each level of maturity or do we just write something along the lines of.. Egg, Hatchling S1, Hatchling S2, Adult, Elder..?

A) Knew I was forgetting something! *Goes to add in gender* And you just write what you said: the certain stages of growth. (No elders or adults yet please.)

Hope that answers the questions!

Looks like fun.

I was in to first "A Prison for Hatchlings" and this seems only slightly different. I think I'll join in. That is, when I get access to a desktop. [Mobile Device's browser shuns copy/pasting...]

FYI: The first Prison game is still live and kicking. Maybe you should wait until that dies down before letting this one loose.

I created this one because the prison wouldn't accept any new RPers. So, I made one that will.

Hi! I'm soupnazi and I'll be doing some critique on your roleplay.

History:You, a sweet nieve hatchling have just been left alone at your home.

You're missing a space between "History:" and "You".

"It's okay," the dragon says. "This is a safe place. Here's what happened to you: You were found in the wild by human scientists. Now you're here in the lab. The scientists won't hurt you, I promise."

New speech should be on a new line.

My roleplay is very similar to this one. Perhaps you could adjust it a bit? The plot is a lot like mine.

Edited by UmbreWulf

My roleplay is very similar to this one. Perhaps you could adjust it a bit? The plot is a lot like mine.

This is sort of like Hatchling's prison, but different. This is a project ran by the government and several scientists.

I created this one because the prison wouldn't accept any new RPers. So, I made one that will. 

Comprehend?

Hai - you've seen me before~

Still need space between History and its information.

Bolded parts are stuff that you need to change~

You, a sweet nieve hatchling have just been left alone at your home.

Comma after sweet

Naïve

That has

You are a sweet, naïve hatchling that has just been left alone at your home. Your parents have gone away to hunt for a while. You wake up from your nap, alert. Some rustling noises are coming from behind that bush! You let loose a low growl, and hear a sharp whiz!

Bolded parts are in 1st person POV, italics are in 3rd person POV. You need to have the same POV throughout a passage unless there is a clear dictation of a change in the speaker.

*POV=point of view*

Edited by gistofeverything

Once captured, the dragons are put into the dragon room, a large, fake grass filled room with a pool and fake trees to look like a normal place.

Colon after room.

Fix that, and I'll Approve this.

Edited by gistofeverything

Hmm, the sentence currently sounds rather awkward, so perhaps:

Once captured, the dragons are put into the dragon room - a large, spacious area filled with fake grass to make the environment seem perfectly normal.

Edited by Silverlight138

Ok...so now it's going to get approved? Yay! Thanks so much gistofeverything!