TwilightMoonDragon

Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2

I know xd.png I messed up. Just realized. I was like,

'I think I was lying to myself. There's that Gyrados....'

Nobody ever really counts the gyarados. XD; I don't really either, since everyone gets it... but yeah same here, i've been playing pokemon constantly since Emerald and no in-game shinies ever. .-.

Whether or not a Pokemon is shiny is directly linked to IVs, though that may have changed since GS. But I think it is a psuedo-random number generated based on the OT, nature and some other stuff that decides which IVs are needed for a shiny Pokemon to occur. But I don't actually know and don't feel like looking it up.

EDIT: Just looked up RNG, which makes it appear that what I said above was right. Woot.

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Whether or not a Pokemon is shiny is directly linked to IVs, though that may have changed since GS. But I think it is a psuedo-random number generated based on the OT, nature and some other stuff that decides which IVs are needed for a shiny Pokemon to occur. But I don't actually know and don't feel like looking it up.

EDIT: Just looked up RNG, which makes it appear that what I said above was right. Woot.

Yeah, that hasn't been the case since GSC, in regards to IVs.

Ok, wasn't sure. I wonder what it is then (I should just look it up), I'm sure it's something calculable.

Like I said, I should look it up, but I doubt I will. I wish I could look at the source code, then I could figure it out myself.

Like I said, I should look it up, but I doubt I will. I wish I could look at the source code, then I could figure it out myself.

...I just linked you to a page that explains the determinants of the Shiny Value.

Actually, no. Eeveelutions generally have good stats and at least moderate movesets, and very diverse typing of course. The only problem with it is that once you sent out two or three of them your opponent would be able to figure out that your team was solely eeveelutions and guess what you have left.

Hmmm... the number of them is increasing though (+ now the fluffy fairy type)... wink.gif

Which is good, it would be cool if there was an eeveelution for every type, that would make eeveelution teams a real threat.

I still haven't managed to beat Black or White 2, the amount of level grinding between each area (does it seem like significantly more than needed in your average Pokemon game to anyone else? Maybe it's just that level grinding against nothing but Audino (and the running back and forth required to do so) is incredibly tedious and repetitive?) wears down on me and I get bored with it and just stop playing. I tried hand-building myself a team for White 2 to try to make getting through it more fun but it barely helped. Ah well, I guess I'll just have to try and keep at it... :B

Edited by Pika_Oi

I actually found leveling in White 2 the easiest in any game I've ever played? Like normally in all the past games I was consistently underleveled but in White 2 I was really op for some reason.

I think it's because of my Arcanine. I got him really early.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I just keep getting bored because levelling against Audino is really really tedious (back and forth baaack and fooorth) but it's inefficient to do it any other way now. :N

(Or maybe it's just because I'm unsatisfied when I am not at least ten levels ahead of everything I can find in the wild or with trainers in the most current area I've reached |D)

Edited by Pika_Oi

I beat Black 2 in a week, the hardest grind for me was Watson (who's name I may have gotten wrong at this hour) in Emerald, it always took me days to get my whole team from level 25 to level 40 on level 16s 9I'm probably exaggerating the levels).

Hey, what's the best place to grind for levels? I'm not really worried about EVs, I just want XP.

I'd imagine the place with the highest level Audinos? I've just been grinding with audinos at route 1 and 2 but I don't know if that's the best spot.

Or if you've unlocked those areas yet. x.x

Edited by Switch

I prefer just going to Black Tower. I don't really find Audino grinding to be fast enough.

I'd imagine the place with the highest level Audinos? I've just been grinding with audinos at route 1 and 2 but I don't know if that's the best spot.

Or if you've unlocked those areas yet. x.x

I've beat the game, I just want to fill up my Weavile's EVs and get the last 9 levels on it.

I didn't realize Audino were so good for grinding against, I rarely seen them, and when I do I'm usually traveling and don't feel like a battle.

I suppose I could head back to Black Tower, I can't even remember if I beat it anymore.

Yeah Audinos give a lot of exp. uwu i didn't know about black tower. Though I don't know if I even have it because I have white 2. I never really went to that area.

Yeah Audinos give a lot of exp. uwu i didn't know about black tower. Though I don't know if I even have it because I have white 2. I never really went to that area.

White Treehollow works too.

Hmm, well I'll remember to fight the Audino I run across, few as they may be.

I got tired of Black Tower after a while, once you start OHKOing almost everything it gets boring, but I want the XP.