ArynChris

The Holly Contest

No need to drop out, there are still 9 more months left to catch up. You could always breed to get the eggs, they do not have to be CB caught.

I find most of mine in the AP actually.

#17 Lineage: http://dragcave.net/lineage/Klrni

#18 Lineage: http://dragcave.net/lineage/5GiPA

edit: added another ap eggy happy.gif

Hi guys! I'm kind of behind compared to a lot of people, and I've decided that it would just be more fun to drop out and gift eggs on here as I find them. I hope you don't mind me stealing your idea , xeyla, because I might hide them in posts... It is just that you have such great ideas! Thanks guys! biggrin.gif

Lineage of eggies:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/RE4g2

http://dragcave.net/lineage/baipu

Goodness, I do hope you reconsider tionderoga, there are 9 months left and it is all in good fun. However, since four of my eggs have hatched, I am going to be greedy and snag both yours and xeyla's offered eggs, making me egg locked again.

I now have 27 that count... (15 frozen and 12 adults).

I don't think I'll continue, I am more of a fan of gifting eggs. It is just more fun for me! biggrin.gif

Lineage

I nabbed the pretty hatchling. Thanks.

the entire point of DC is to have fun so if you would enjoy gifting more than collecting then do it. just know that you can always change your mind. i'm well behind the others too but i like the challenge of it. smile.gif

thanks again for the hatchling. smile.gif

edit: started a google spreadsheet to help keep organized. smile.gif

all of my BBWs are listed on it including their names and links. do you still want me to post links to each one or just give an update on the number i have as time goes on?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key...5Md2oxQlE#gid=0

Edited by mandrakekeeper

Hello, I just had a quick question. My mom doesn't have a forum account and would still like to participate so would it be alright if I just posted the links to her dragons for her?

Hello, I just had a quick question. My mom doesn't have a forum account and would still like to participate so would it be alright if I just posted the links to her dragons for her?

Ehhh... I'm inclined to say that she really needs to just make her own forum account if she wants to participate in this. ^^;

2 more adult BBW's! Grand Total of Adult BBW's = 27! biggrin.gif

I'm feeling better, but my internet is still acting weirdly.

Ehhh... I'm inclined to say that she really needs to just make her own forum account if she wants to participate in this. ^^;

Alright, I will go nag her about it then. Thanks for answering ^^

Just posting the updated number is definitely better. ^^ Just remember to give permission to view the googledoc!

Updated.

sounds good. i added you. let me know if you have any problems seeing it.

Sciencegeek: Influence? Or post them in the gender-swap thread, and just don't trade them if you don't get an offer?

Got two random ones for whomever: http://dragcave.net/teleport/73fda58990d1c...361e3708fc48957

I was going to post them separately, but I suppose I'm lazy! If you have already claimed free BBWs in this thread (not recently, but period), please leave this link for others. If that means they don't get picked up for hours, that's alright, folks on different time zones do keep missing our freebies...

30 Adult 2012 BBWs!!!!

Hm, gendering??? I've 19 adult males, 16 adult females (counting the 5 males prior to 2012). Looking about average for my scroll - altho, my scroll is more inclined to females. I haven't been influencing these.

Sciencegeek:  Influence?  Or post them in the gender-swap thread, and just don't trade them if you don't get an offer?

Got two random ones for whomever: http://dragcave.net/teleport/73fda58990d1c...361e3708fc48957

I was going to post them separately, but I suppose I'm lazy!  If you have already claimed free BBWs in this thread (not recently, but period), please leave this link for others.  If that means they don't get picked up for hours, that's alright, folks on different time zones do keep missing our freebies...

Snagged them!

Another one grew up, so I'm up to 28 that count...

Pity there isn't a way to prod the hatchlings into growing faster (I've 7 hatchlings with six days left before they grow) and I've used up all of my incubates, so no way to prod the eggs I have left into hatching faster. dry.gif

As far as gendering goes, I've been rather lucky, as they appear to be even between the sexes without doing any influencing.

Edited by celis

Hi guys! Saw this in ArynChris's sig awhile back and have been collecting since.

I have two that count at the moment:

1. http://dragcave.net/lineage/Vummp

2. http://dragcave.net/lineage/6Pc9N

It is a bit depressing that at this point no one who joins stands much chance of winning... (Me, I'm going for like 4th or 5th place.) And it discourages people from joining.

I was wondering if it might be fair to consider mixing in some sort of raffle, maybe for egg 4 and 5? Say, for every 5 BBWs, you get one ticket? It still has the effect of having people work, but it means that even people who find this thread in a month or so have a motivation.

I haven't read the whole thread, so I'm sorry if this suggestion has come before!

It is a bit depressing that at this point no one who joins stands much chance of winning... (Me, I'm going for like 4th or 5th place.) And it discourages people from joining.

See, I don't find that at all. There are 9 months for this competition to reach completion, and even if you did not start right away in Feb, any BBW adult or frozen hatchling born in 2012 counts, so it really is anyone's game. 9 months is a really long time in the dragon cave, so those of us who are hitting hard core right now might not still be in the running when Dec 16th rolls around and the numbers are counted. It's all comes down to who has the luck snagging, trading and clawing their way to those numbers, and how we play. Me, I'm unabashed with the fact that I'll freeze certain ones to make my numbers go up. Others refuse to freeze because that isn't in their repertoire.

Plus, there's the added bonus of some very wonderful people offering their Holly offspring for those of us who do well. There are 5 Holly babies that have been offered. I dunno about you, but after being here since October of 08 and not ever being able to even come close to a Holly before, this contest is incredibly generous on the part of ArynChris and all of her donors.

Not to mention I, as well as some other long timers, have offered other prizes to participants as well...

And of course, stalking the thread helps because there are, again, some lovely people who are giving away BBWs in an effort to help us because they A) like the spirit, cool.gif like the idea of the completion, and C) like to give things away.

Updated!

Truthfully, the most important factor to this is dedication. No matter what disadvantage you're at. I have a bronze trophy and will only freeze when necessary yet I am in the top 3. I've only raised 2 dragons in the past month that weren't BBWs. You just gotta try your hardest.

I concur with Celis and Blazingrider.

9 months is a lonnnnnnnnnng time away and the ones who are currently top 3 might become bottom 3. smile.gif

And I do give away a couple bbw every now and then (not as often as Xeyla, lol - bless her soul).

I also refrain from snagging the freebies sometimes, because like ArynChris said - there ARE others in different timezones who might miss 'em.

In the end, whether you join or not, it's a matter of perspective of whether we'll win or not. Somebody might come along in a couple months and go "oh, I have 300 (since 2012 started) already - I adore BBWs - here's a list of 'em" which would just make me go wowza. biggrin.gif

Well, I'm very happy to see that there are more people who are joining us. Remember, We have 9 months until the end of the contest, you can either catch or breed to get the BBWs. You have the option to freeze or not-to-freeze. All that matters is that the BBW grew up or was frozen on/after January 1, 2012. There are many opportunities to get BBWs. I grab them from the AP (most are CB as a plus), pop into this thread when it's empty, and put up transfer links (which I hide in a underlined sentence). So far I have given a total of 17 eggs+hatchlings here. So, please do not be discouraged if you only have 2 or 3 right now.

Now on to my habit of leaving things lying around.

Lineage of eggy #18:http://dragcave.net/lineage/gAEjI

Keep up the good sportsmanship guys, I'm loving it!

And most importantly, stick with it even if it's not the only thing you're doing. I've been playing this game for quite a while (longer than most of the moderators, actually), and there are trends. There WILL be people who start out strong and then change their mind about how important it is, deciding to pursue other goals this year and let this one go. There WILL be people who participate at the start, in the middle, whenever, and then stop playing dragcave entirely. There IS at least one person participating already who isn't interested in the holly prize and would let someone else have it if they won. At least one person will join late and win by a mile.

You are always in the running. Don't judge that you're "too far behind" until a month before the deadline, because trust me, things can change that fast!

Eh, I figure things are going to get harder the longer it goes on - the eggs will be harder to catch, and breeding may get harder. Plus, who knows, maybe you'll get to be friends with someone that does win, and maybe be able to organize a trade for an offspring next year (or maybe another holly contest will come up with twice the amount of prizes...) People go on vacation, people drop out, and I'm guessing some people, eventually, will stop filling every spot with BBWs (I don't - I have other dragons I'm trying to catch as well).

Also Xeyla, I snagged your egg.

Very commendable posts there - lots of truths.

I'll probably slow down later on, as I have lineage projects that I want to be working on, they're being stubborn atm anyway so... biggrin.gif And I actually do love the BBW sprite myself.

Edited to add: 2 more matured today - I now have a nice total of 32 adult BBW's (for ArynChris's recording).

Edited by simkim

Here's a freebie for the thread... it's just freshly bred, but I don't want to take the chance that I might do some fugly inbreeding.

Lineage: http://dragcave.net/lineage/2Pc7S

I seriously wish there was a function to make hatchlings grow up faster! I've 12 just sitting on my scroll, and I don't want to freeze them since most are cb, which will be nice for breeding fodder.