ArynChris

The Holly Contest

I was wondering if anyone here would appreciate this BBW:

It's a 4th even gen Purebred Thuwed BBW. Please remember to follow the custom of keeping "Thuwed" as part of its name.

*GONE*

Thanks for giving it a good home, Xeyla! Enjoy!

Edited by Mystic_Halo

I was wondering if anyone here would appreciate this BBW: http://dragcave.net/lineage/k5NLk

It's a 4th even gen Purebred Thuwed BBW. Please remember to follow the custom of keeping "Thuwed" as part of its name.

Click here to claim: Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

I'm sorry, I just had to grab that beautiful lineage! I love the code too, I'm going to name the hatchling "Klink Thuwed", I hope it's not taken. rolleyes.gif

I figured since I've given so many eggs/hatchlings to this thread nobody would mind.

I'm sorry, I just had to grab that beautiful lineage! I love the code too, I'm going to name the hatchling "Klink Thuwed", I hope it's not taken. rolleyes.gif

I figured since I've given so many eggs/hatchlings to this thread nobody would mind.

OOooh good catch, xeyla! And you're right, we won't begrudge you a pretty lineage egg.

New update, I'm at 47 that count (20 frozen, 27 adults). All of my eggs have hatched, so I've 9 hatchlings about ready to grow up in the next three days. Now I've got to find seven more eggs to fill slots.

Sunny, I've been just asking for hatchlings in trade, and that seems to work well. I've decided to, for now, only freeze the ones I'm sure I don't want to breed... but then I may change my mind again next week (depends on how far behind I fall).

Edited by celis

Oh, Xeyla, of course not - you deserve some pretties too! biggrin.gif

Celis, hehe - I don't do much trading - what I have is a person supplying me with hatchlings in exchange for certain things that hopefully will breed. A Breeding Contract, if you will. biggrin.gif

She's enjoying it tremendously, and so am I. Even if I don't get grand prize or first or whatever, I got out of this a new friend, a veritable army of cb bbw's, and lots of laughter. I figure, it's a win-win situation, no matter what happens come Dec 16. biggrin.gif

I now have 39 Adults (still) (and NO frozens, lol), and 9 hatchies, 1 egg - need to stock up on some bbw eggies - I'm gonna do some pretty breeding, I think - and some of the pretty lineaged bbws that I end up, I plan on donating to this fun contest for others to have. smile.gif

Spread The Love is my motto! Once I get up to where I can change the "level number" under my avatar, I plan on using "Spread The Love" there.

Edited by simkim

So this is what the BBW craze is all about. I kept seeing posts looking for these guys in trade and was all "what is going on?! 0_o

Now everything is clear.

So this is what the BBW craze is all about. I kept seeing posts looking for these guys in trade and was all "what is going on?! 0_o

Now everything is clear.

Yep biggrin.gif A rather painless way to try and get a Holly for Christmas. Lord knows, we get more players every year and it seems like less and less sightings of Holly eggs (or rather no sightings in my case). But it's all in good fun. Come join!

LOL Sunny, I actually might have someone like that helping too - she offered cause she knows that I tend to glomp a lot of rare things when I bred them, and knows that a Holly's been on my wish list for all four years of my dragon breeding (and man, that seems like a long time when I label it so).

If you want, I'd be more than happy to send a couple of bred BBW eggs your way... I've got three more pair that can breed but no egg room. Heck... I may just post couple up here tomorrow. Depends on how my brain feels after work.

C

*Decided not to wait... here's one, a bit messy, but good for numbers fodder.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/7aESR

Edited by celis

LOL! Been breeding my bbw's too for eggs. I now have 41 mature adults! Yeaaaaaaaaah!

I finally got the egg that I've been wanting to breed last night so I'm so thrilled. (Isn't BBW - but is equally as special to me as every other dragon but this one has a touch of uniqueness (the cb silver has a description that explains why, heh - and I'm so thrilled to finally have him give me a silver - the royal blue's name reflects on the cb silver - so yeah). A Very Special Dragon!

Thought you guys would appreciate the look.

And to remain on topic, I was able to breed this awesome BBW 3rd EG. If there are anyone who wants a sibling - let me know and I'll be more than happy to breed one for you.

Updated Google docs, 15 adults/frozen hatchies now. More to come~ <3 Also, if anyone needs BBW eggs from my scroll, please do not hesitate to ask and we can work out a swap of lineages/I could gift you when I'm not egglocked. I am VERY particular about inbreeding, so I hope to not keep BBWs from my scroll as far as possible.

Edited by michellechan2211

Yep  biggrin.gif  A rather painless way to try and get a Holly for Christmas.  Lord knows, we get more players every year and it seems like less and less sightings of Holly eggs (or rather no sightings in my case).  But it's all in good fun.  Come join!

LOL Sunny, I actually might have someone like that helping too - she offered cause she knows that I tend to glomp a lot of rare things when I bred them, and knows that a Holly's been on my wish list for all four years of my dragon breeding (and man, that seems like a long time when I label it so).

It's actually so bad that for a very long time, I was absolutely certain that Holly's must've been discontinued. I couldn't find anywhere that said they had been, but I've not seen a Holly egg or hatchie since... ever. Lol. I suspected they were still breedable, but I wasn't sure 'cause I haven't seen any evidence that they are, until I decided to scour the forums in hopes of finding a Holly gifting/trading thread. That's how I found this. I've been playing since early/mid 2008, so about four years as well, and in all that time I've seen a grand total of 0 unfrozen Holly hatchies/eggs.

Off topic, I just realised that I have hardly any old-cave dragons left on my scroll sad.gif

The datamonster chased away most of them while I was inactive from DC sad.gif

It's kinda sad, because I lost half of my scroll - and I most likely had CB blacks and vines and so on. I also had millions of frills, lol. And old pinks D: And now I have none Dx So depressing.... lol...

Aaaanyway, back on topic; I now have a total of only 9 adults. How will I ever catch up to the likes of Sunny, Xeyla and Celis? D: I think I'm gonna have to switch tactics if I wanna win this! xd.png Haha.

Aaaanyway, back on topic; I now have a total of only 9 adults. How will I ever catch up to the likes of Sunny, Xeyla and Celis? D: I think I'm gonna have to switch tactics if I wanna win this! xd.png Haha.

I'm not in the race for a Holly, I'm one of the people giving a Holly to the winners. I like to sneak in and put out a hidden teleport link for others to grab the BBW egg/hatchlings. Don't be discouraged about just starting and not having many BBWs. Most of the runners will probably be side-tracked with breeding/lineage/gifting projects in the coming months. Remember, we have 9 months till the end of the running. That's 9 months to catch up with the others, and 9 months to pass them.

What Xeyla says is absolutely spot on. I could get sidetracked, or something... who knows what'll happen in the next 9 months. biggrin.gif

Mordeth - prod me in 3 days - the pair'll come off cooldown by then.

Yep biggrin.gif A rather painless way to try and get a Holly for Christmas. Lord knows, we get more players every year and it seems like less and less sightings of Holly eggs (or rather no sightings in my case). But it's all in good fun. Come join!

Might just have to stick around then, haven't bred my BBWs in forever. Sounds like a great way to build up a breeding base for a project. Lineage swaps anyone? wink.gif

Don't despair. Keep going!! You might overtake one of us later. Remember the slow tortoise vs fast hare - it was the slow tortoise that won the race!

Having said that... I feel compelled to announce my grand total of adults are now at 44.

I'm surprised I've that many already, actually, without freezing.

I'm up to 51 that count now (20 frozen and 31 adults).

Sunny, I want one of those too! And mmm let me think... I can make one for you in exchange too... I've got both male and female frills that I only breed with special events now for rare lineages, but I could difinitely try them agains some of the cb BBWs I have.

I'm also open to lineage swaps here... while I know technically it shouldn't matter since it's just pixels, but I dislike inbreeding, so I try not to do it. I've got 3 pb 2nd gens I could swap out with someone (and no they don't have to be pb).

Celis

Eppp... we're up to 6 donated Hollys now! Last I knew, we were up to 5. That is seriously awesome! *sends good vibes to the cool people who are donating*

Edited by celis

Egg #24 Lineage: http://dragcave.net/lineage/cBGu8

Please post if you nab it, it's a CB eggy smile.gif

~Well someone took it, but their scroll is hidden sad.gif

Edit: Thank you to the owner of the 3G Holly! You will be appreciated for your donation! Thank you very much for helping this to be a even better contest, since now one more runner has a chance to get one.

Edited by xeyla

I'm happy to do a lineage swap of whatever - I have tons now and most of my bbws are cb.

Looks like I can add another person to the list of who wants that cute frills kid.

Celis, if you could make a 3rd gen exactly like the one I have, I would so totally adore it!

Then I could do a seriously awesome 4th gen... biggrin.gif And Celis could, too, once she gets one from me (the 3rd gen).

Thank you, Karobb, for donating the offspring of your holly!!!! You're so welcome!!! biggrin.gif

Edited by simkim

I'm happy to do lineage swaps too . I haven't bred any of my CBs yet but I have at least 24 so I'll have lots of 2nd gens to swap.

Plus I'm always looking for 2nd gen BBWs from snow angel (or marrow or ribbondancer to a lesser extent)