ArynChris

The Holly Contest

Question,

Would it be easier to keep a google document for people to register their BBWs, instead of a list here? Just have the document public, and let them update it?

Gist: Of course! happy.gif Any frozen counts, not just adults and s2's. <3

Xeyla: Yes... it would... maybe. Lemme think about that. Thing is, since it's for hollies, there's that chance of one person ruining it for everyone and wiping all the info others have posted on their dragons. sad.gif

Question,

Would it be easier to keep a google document for people to register their BBWs, instead of a list here? Just have the document public, and let them update it?

That's a good idea and we can use this thread to chatter about the various lineages we find on BBWs we collect.

Might be easier to track... But as Aryn says, there's always the possibility of ruining ...

What about each person (that understands how to work the google docs, anyway) keep one and that way, Aryn can link to each person's post OR doc in the tracking post - then we'd be able to view who's gotten what, but not be able to edit that?

Edited by simkim

Fire-Ice: Lol. Re-read that first post, friend. xd.png And the second.

Simkim: That's certainly a possibility. smile.gif I don't know who all wants to do that, but it would certainly condense the third post to just have one link per person-- a single link to their googledoc instead of a link for every BBW.

Okay... that's what I thought but you said S2's and I was confused.... I thought you were talking about counting S2's but you were talking about freezing! laugh.gif Silly me... rolleyes.gif

Simkim: That's certainly a possibility. smile.gif I don't know who all wants to do that, but it would certainly condense the third post to just have one link per person-- a single link to their googledoc instead of a link for every BBW.

Or a link to their edited posts which would have the links for every bbw in that post.

That way - when you check on somebody, you won't chance clicking on the wrong bbw and attribute it to somebody else, etc, that kind of thing.

Ah! Maybe this is why the person I was trading wanted 3 BBW hatchlings in exchange for his CB Ice egg.

Hmmmm I am so tempted to do this because I've been trying for a Holly for four years, but what would I do with an army of BBWs? I suppose I could freeze them...

Okay, I'll play. Why not? It's only scroll space right? And they can be stuffed at the bottom of the scroll and made into zombies after 2012 is done.

The BBW Apocalypse!

I actually love BBW's... ^^; I'll join. Getting a Holly for collecting a breed of dragon that I adore? Heck yeah man! ^^

All of my BBW's collected throughout 2012 will be linked to Here to prevent confusion at the end of the year and constant searching as I try to find which ones were caught during 2012, ^^;

Edited by Anarya-Ameana

This would be an awesome recurring contest, for other common breeds.

@ArynChris: do you have a google account? I could set up a document in my account, and grant you access to it. I could help update it also, if you want.

Everyone who has expressed a wish to participate has their name in the third post now, and those who have 2012 adults/frozens already have their lists linked in the same place. happy.gif

Lol, BBW Apocalypse. >D

Xeyla: I do, but you don't actually need a google account to view and edit googledocs. happy.gif I have a site set to private, and have occasionally given permissions to people with hotmail and yahoo accounts just fine. I think, though, that this will work without that... I'm really against having one publicly-editable page like that, since it's hollies, and it seems like people are going to have their own pages (or posts) that we can link to individually. If that changes, as we get more people, it's easy enough to just reconsider the googledoc or other options.

BirdSpirit: Lol. I actually like BBWs, as well as many other commons. There are at least three good [to me] reasons why it's BBWs and only BBWs, instead of "all" commons or multiple breeds:

Why not all commons?

People are going to collect a ton of commons anyway. Someone who just wants dragons, any dragons, could submit half their scroll at the end of the year and expect us to count up every single one... which they collected because they were going to anyway, not because they wanted a holly and tried for it.

Why just one breed?

Consider it an experiment. We are trying to take one breed that is not currently considered valuable and change everything for that one breed. It's not the most common breed/caveblocker, but it's undervalued and ...okay, I just wanna see how much it takes to mess with the ratios and trading threads. >D It's called I'm Evil And This Is Epic. Littleblackdog did it singlehandedly for chickens, a few years back, and they're now worth stuff in trades-- I want to see if that can be done with a common. Besides, it's nice to see certain commons get extra love/attention... preferably before they get retired, like frills did. Focusing on just one breed helps with that.

Why BBWs?

As I said, I actually like BBWs. The first post was misleading, so I've changed that now... <.<

What I don't like is this progeny page: http://dragcave.net/progeny/vSfF Let's just say that after "Skyline," I put a few people on my waitlist. I eventually paid off most of them with other valued eggs. Then there were two who would not take anything else. And the last one still won't, so I'm kinda screwed. ^^; I can't even trade for what I owe, because it's this specific lineage and no one else is having any better luck breeding it.

That particular breeding struggle is what inspired this contest to begin with. Otherwise, my plan was to have an art contest. So. It's BBWs, and BBWs it will stay. happy.gif

Edited by ArynChris

Ok. My page was set to private also. Well, I'll go delete it.

I'm happy to see that BBWs are getting the spotlight. Can we post gift links here? I have 2 BBW eggs, one is CB, other was an AP grab. I figured it could be the next people to PM me could get them.

Lineages:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/tUpfc

http://dragcave.net/lineage/FiRKG

Edited by xeyla

I'll be keeping track of my BBWs in a live-journal post that I've made public.

Here's the link:

http://celisnebula.livejournal.com/314277.html

So far, one frozen hatchling, and one two egg.

And yes, I have decided to make the little nuggets the Apocalypse, so they'll all have that in their name.

Edited by celis

I'm doing a google doc - BBW 2012

If somebody wants to use the same format, feel free to. But no touching my bbw dragons! biggrin.gif

I'm at 2 hatchies 3 eggs currently. biggrin.gif

If you're still looking for prizes, I'd be glad to donate an egg from my Holly, a sibling or half-sibling of this. It'd have the same lineage but hopefully without the Flamingo, but it depends on what's released this year, long story >_>

Woo BBWs! Dunno how many I'll get, but I'd love to participate!

I already hatched this guy I snagged from the AP a few weeks ago:

view/15mn1[/url]

-use lineage links please-

Edited by rubyshoes

For clarification, what is the absolute end date?

Would it be like 11:59 pm Dec 31st for the egg to hatch (if you're doing a frozen army like myself), or 11:59 pm Dec 31st for the hatchling to have grown? I know semantics, but I'm a details sort of girl.

Yes I currently have five, my list might contain #'s up until 10, but only the numbers that have links after them are what I own towards this project.

Stuff is updated. happy.gif

Xeyla: Of course! Posting about free BBWs is totally allowed in the thread. <3

Shadowwolf6: I'm useless with banners, personally, but if anyone wants to make one...

Pteprocks: I will glomp you now, because luff. *GLOMP*

Celis: Apocalyptic Nuggets! xd.png That's either the name of a basketball team or a Kid's Meal, I'm not sure.

There wasn't really a date decided, but the way you ask about it brings up a good point... it's not December 31st! Because the prizes are the 2012 offspring of holly dragons, which will have to breed in late December, setting the end date for the 31st would make it very difficult to give out prizes. Some of us donating our hollies already have 2 and can't hold 1, or have no permanent mate and would be breeding whatever is requested by the winners.

...*thinks*...

Anyone object to December 15th? Any BBW hatched or grown up on Dec. 16th or later would not count, and the 16th is when I/we would go through people's lists one final time to check. Someone could always fudge it a little and freeze on the 16th before we get to their name, of course... but since there's no way to know when we've started the check or in what order we're checking people, I doubt that will really come up. Besides which, even if that happened with one or two dragons, I suspect participants will have different enough numbers for it not to affect the results.

Dec. 15th as a deadline would give plenty of time to check through everyone's lists and get the winners in contact with the prize donators, so people can determine mates and breeding times in advance. happy.gif If anyone sees a problem, though, this is a good time to speak!