linkx7

Cave Blocker Solutions

Possible Solutions  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Get rid of them This is my least favorite solution because some people collect them and breed them others don't mind and new users will never have a chance to own one I personally am upset that I will never have a frill dragon they look great.

Decrease their drop rate This is a bad idea because lower drop rate = harder to get which = rarer which = more people wanting them which = complaints about why a supposed common is so hard to get and wanting its drop rate increased which will just take it back to where it started leaving it in a loop.

Give them an alt form and or BSA This would of course increase their popularity and make people want them more like with the above solution but unlike it it wouldn't be stuck in a loop. Depending on how rare and awesome the alt form or how useful the BSA are will depend on how much more popular it becomes but it will still increase so there won't be as many there so people will complain less.

Leave as is Leave it as is no explanation necessary

I'd like people to post their reasons for what they are voting for

I voted to leave them. Sure I'd love to have more BSAs or alts, but in the end, the question being raised here is how to solve the cave blocker situation and I don't think it would really do much good in the long run.

Cave blockers seem to work in rotation. If one cave blocker suddenly became desirable because of a BSA or new alt sprite, another would soon take its place. We can't keep churning out new BSAs or alt sprites for every dragon that becomes a blocker. It would be going around in circles. :P

Besides, we need to have some common breeds. Not every egg can be shiny and metallic and rare.

Would this thread belong in Suggestions?

I voted to keep it as is because there will always be cave blockers.

Give them an alt form/BSA

If you give an alt or BSA to one breed, they might stop blocking the Cave, but another breed will replace it as a cave blocker.

We wouldn't be able to give every breed a BSA or an alt form.

Decrease their drop rate

Their drop rate is due to the ratios.

Ratios are a normal part of the game, and we can't tweak them every time something is annoying.

Get rid of them

I would hate to see any more dragons retired from the Cave.

People work really hard on creating concepts and sprites and descriptions.

No matter how "annoying" a breed is as a cave blocker, we have to remember that countless people have spent hours working on it.

We need to learn to appreciate that.

Therefore, I think that the Cave is fine as it is.

Edited by miladyz

I voted to leave them alone because Cave Blockers are part of the game.

If we got rid of them then others would be denied the breed for collecting purposes. And retiring dragons is heart breaking to the people who actually like them. While denying future generation of players the dragon.

If people want to get rid of cave blockers than they have to make the effort to pick them up and give them a home. Then just complaining about them mindlessly. None of the "solutions" listed will help a cave blocker become less of a blocker.

I don't like any of these solutions. I'd rather just see some kind of better egg-shuffling mechanics. It's way more fun hunting in biomes that move quickly, like the Alpine currently is doing.

You know, giving all of them an alt form wouldn't be that bad of an idea. It may take a while to make noticeable differences both/multiple forms, it could be a project they could work on. Though there is the problem that not all spriters would want to create an alternate form(s). It may give lineages more of a challenge to create as well. Unless this has been mentioned in the suggestions forum, someone should bring it up.

BSAs though are a different kettle of fish.

Edited by emerald7fire

I'd like people to post their reasons for what they are voting for

OK - because there will always be blockers. They change with the seasons, almost. I remember when BLACKS were blockers. If any of your suggestions had happened - they would be even harder to get than they now are. Who knows which will be the next dragon to end up like that ? Take out/reduce/give alt form to any one dragon and the next cave blocker will be along to take over, much like the number 97 bus.

Edited by fuzzbucket

OK - because there will always be blockers. They change with the seasons, almost. I remember when BLACKS were blockers. If any of your suggestions had happened - they would be even harder to get than they now are. Who knows which will be the next dragon to end up like that ? Take out/reduce/give alt form to any one dragon and the next cave blocker will be along to take over, much like the number 97 bus.

Pinks were blockers, too. o--o I regret not grabbing more CB Bright Pinks.

Anyways, I vote leave it as it is. There will always be cave blockers... And as for the shuffling concept - that happens already. So let it happen naturally on its own. ^^

I voted alt form/BSA just because I love alts and BSAs, but you guys are right - it wouldn't solve anything, it would only create new blockers.

I definitely don't want to see any more dragons retired from the cave. "Do nothing" is probably the best option.

I don't like any of these solutions. I'd rather just see some kind of better egg-shuffling mechanics. It's way more fun hunting in biomes that move quickly, like the Alpine currently is doing.

I agree. Sometimes it just gets dull waiting for the biomes to start moving and shuffling in new/different eggs.

Getting rid of them is not a really good idea, because "cave blockers" change from time to time. I remember when PINKS were the main huge cave blocker....before they had a BSA. And another, it was BLACK!! Yes, you heard me right, BLACKS!! Huge cave blocker at one time.

So getting rid of them, just cause they are a blocker now, doesn't mean they will be a blocker forever. The Cave is constantly changing and what is a must have now, may be a blocker later, and vice versa.

What I DO suggest, is that periodically, like once or twice a day, the AP clears itself out, AND...when an egg in the drops sits for more than say, 2 mins, it automatically gets kicked out of the cue. Something like that.

Edited by Riverwillows

Perhaps I'm missing the point, but while this may speed up the cave isn't the AP going to turn into tumbleweeds from this?

I abstain from voting.

Get rid of them

Not really a viable option. As others have mentioned, something else will just become a blocker and it's unfair to deny blockers to those that actually do want them. While they're blockers because the majority doesn't, they do eventually get homes.

Decrease their drop rate

Also not a viable option. This would only work if there was some golden ratio that meant nothing ever became a blocker. Not really gonna happen. Some eggs will just always be more desired than others. That's the way it works, especially with so many different breeds.

Give them an alt form and or BSA

This would be nice, but ultimately it would have to be applied to every dragon, and there aren't enough desirable BSAs. Just look at Earthquake, giving pebbles a BSA didn't solve the problem. Alt forms would be awesome, but there's the permissions and concept issues. So while a nice idea, the implementation would be nightmarish.

Keep it as is

Also not going to vote for this, because I agree with others that have said a dynamic biome is far more fun to hunt. Sitting and refreshing the same three eggs over and over and over.. well that's just bleh.

So what would I suggest? A change to the underlying system, not its surface mechanics. There are several system changes already sitting in the suggestions section of the forums, and I even threw my own in there (though I am lazy and haven't updated it in almost half a year).