TJ09

2012-01-01 - Happy New Year!

Since this thread isn't really for suggestions for future contests/raffles etc., if you wish to continue discussing that you might want to make a thread for that in the Suggestion area if there isn't one already.

I have been watching this thread from day one and it was pleasant and nice at first. Everyone was like OMG Congrats and such and that was very nice to read. After awhile some people felt bad they didn't win but you have to realize that the raffle had hundreds of people entering to win. The chances of winning are prolly even less than getting a GON or making it incave. The congrats posts kept coming in but were rather short and less abundant. By now about 5 out of 50 winners have posted and they have prolly received several messages about being on their lists. It was expected for this to happen when something new and exciting comes out. I really think that because of all the drama that has been in this thread and not enough positive posts, people just don't want to post they have won anymore. It has scared them off and makes this thread an unpleasant place to be around.

I was one of the rude members that messaged all the members, but I sent a very polite message to each of them saying I would breed or catch anything possible in exchange for their prize. Last years winners still breed their prizes and now look, we can't even get rid of the eggs for free sometimes. Eventually the prizes will be there for everyone but some peoples goals are different. I want a 2nd gen prize from the owners because then I can make lineage projects with them. Having a lineage of 46452nd gen isn't exactly pretty to make something out of cept maybe freezing fodder. Out of the messages I sent out, I did manage to have some reply's and I was able to be on their lists. Being polite goes a long way.

I want all of you to look back and see what you have written and think about this for a second... Would you rather TJ and staff NOT take the time and make fun events and special dragons or would you rather have something fun to do during the holidays? If you can't make it online for the events, it's fine, DC isn't going anywhere and eventually you will find the dragons you want from others. You don't have to have pretty things to get special prize dragons from people. Some winners are very nice and are happy to share their prize with others. It takes time and patience.

As for the winners of this years raffle, Congrats, your all very lucky to have won. Treasure that moment of glory of winning and reading your email.

Edited by Hot on Fire

Wow, reading through this thread....

I love that we have a prize dragon, it is what kept me playing and collecting all this year, long after I would have got bored. The tinsels and all their various lineages are a challenge to collect and lots of fun. That is why I hope for a new dragon this time because it would give us many months of collecting new lineages...anyway that all aside...

I love the tree decorating challenge, would really have liked to have seen which trees actually won. I still don't know which trees won, everything went quiet after the winners were contacted behind the scenes and we were left wondering and waiting and the only information we ever received was that the winners had been contacted.

The raffle is nice, it creates a far more even playing field for everyone. But I have the same issue with complete lack of information and therefore almost no closure on this event too....just more waiting for tidbits of information to trickle down to us. Or so it seems. I am not sure why we can't be told exactly which dragons are for certain the prize dragons.

But all that aside....I almost rather wish that these were held during the year, because Christmas is such a positive and fun time on Drag Cave...and then it ends in massive disappointment for so many people, as evidenced by this thread. It ends on a major downer for most people. Yes, we are all thrilled for the few that won, but those 50 aside, a good...what 10,000 people are disappointed. Anyway, that is just my thoughts on reading through this thread and seeing page after page, after page of somewhat heart breaking disappointment.

Edited by Dubious

I have no idea if I won or not because I can't access my email on computer. But I probably didn't, so it likely doesn't matter.

Congrats to winners.

Edited by MarinetheWitch

the only question i have to ask is

WILL the wreath and/or tree be able to be edited.. i want to edit it.

I have no idea if I won or not because I can't access my email on computer. But I probably didn't, so it likely doesn't matter.

Congrats to winners.

I think there may also be a link on your scroll. Someone else who won said that they checked their scroll before their email and that there was a link at the top of their scroll.

the only question i have to ask is

WILL the wreath and/or tree be able to be edited.. i want to edit it.

I'd love to be able to edit mine too. I'm okay with my tree as is, but I wanted to spend more time on my wreath.

Congratulations to winners! happy.gif Didn't win, of course, but that's not the point! Happy I participated at all! smile.gif

Not everyone's comp works the same. What if your browser crashed in the middle of the puzzle? (As mine does frequently) Or the timer got stuck on someones run or something like that?

the people who make the picture the fastest (relative to what time they accessed the puzzle, not what time the puzzle became available in the game) are the ones who win the prize.

I made this point. As I said before, Renorei, it's fairly easy to inject a piece of code into the puzzle to freeze the timer. It's not hard, it takes persistence.

My brother can do this for many games using programs easily available on Google.

And congrats to the winners.

Edited by DarkEternity

Since this thread isn't really for suggestions for future contests/raffles etc., if you wish to continue discussing that you might want to make a thread for that in the Suggestion area if there isn't one already.

Reminder stay on the topic of the news thread.

Edited by rubyshoes

Congratulations to all 50 winers of this contest that was like a cherry on top of the icecream if i look back on the whole Holiday evnets. When i was reading trough pages of post i got disgusted with all the people that were whyning like litle kids about this years and last years contest for the prize dragons, i know you all feel as if you were cheated for the prize dragon becouse you did not win, and you think that if it was another contest you culd won, but even if it was another contest you wuld have still the same chance of wining the prize as you have by rafel ticket, no mather what the contest is there is only 50 prize dragons and active dragon colectors is at least 100 times more and not all can win. If i was on TJ spot there wuld be no more contests for prize dragons, as you people cant do nothing but whine about it, but you all shuld be thankfull that you got 2 new dragons on your scroll, the best christmas event so far with 12 nice storries to read, lots of decorations to make your wreath look as good as you wanted to, and to catch some past years dragons that you were missing. You all shuld be happy for things you got this christmas, and not whine about unfair contest becouse you culd not increse your chances to win becouse you culd not influence it with your talents.

Again Congratulations to all that have won prize dragons, and TJ thank you for a perfect Christmass event, and for giveing every one a chance to win a prize.

As someone above said, one doesn't need to mourn because didn't win, it's the lottery and chances of winning are small... Don't get me wrong, I'm glad for all ppl who won, but I'm more for effort rewarding than a lucky games and so... One simply has no luck in the lottery, it's much more fair to try your effort about something and be rewarded for it, right? After all, if the rewarding for wreath decorating wasn't planned, why we were tasked to decorate? Why some who took a lot of time to decorate won't be rewarded? These are just some of the questions that plague us.

I love the tree decorating challenge, would really have liked to have seen which trees actually won. I still don't know which trees won, everything went quiet after the winners were contacted behind the scenes and we were left wondering and waiting and the only information we ever received was that the winners had been contacted.

There is a rather roundabout way to see some of the winning trees. If you have any tinsels or tinselfails, or see any on other scrolls, you can look at the CB one in his or her lineage, and if the scrollname is listed, you can get to the winners scroll and see their tree. but that doesn't work for many of them(Inextrica, Dawn's Silver Medal, Erno, Gold Epica, Penk, censorkip.gif, Cayvyn, ARMY, Tanoth the Dragon King, Paxtaran, Artemis) , 'cause there are no scroll names listed, it does work for Apollo, Alexandria, Darkrose, Old Golds, Galletian Victory, Bronze Ivy, Alcoholic, and a few others.

A beautiful spiral tree that I actually kind of remember from the voting. http://dragcave.net/tree/smileytechie

http://dragcave.net/tree/cherryalexandra I remember this one too

http://dragcave.net/tree/wobster109 Definitely remember this one, wish'd I'd had the idea

http://dragcave.net/tree/Goslander I never saw this one during voting, I'd remember, it's so pretty

http://dragcave.net/tree/CommanderWymsy I remember this one

http://dragcave.net/tree/SadinaSaphrite I remember this one too

http://dragcave.net/tree/Absolute Never saw this one, I'd remember.

Edited by Wavelength

The News thread is not about posting trees from the previous year nor is it a debat topic about the way prizes are given out, please stay on topic of the News thread which is this.

Everyone has been waiting for this moment for several days now: The announcement of the winners of the 2011 Holiday Event Raffle. I'm not going to list any of the names in public, but all of the winners have been contacted via e-mail with instructions on how to redeem their prizes (winners should also see a notice on-site if they do not claim their prize). In the event that an e-mail fails to be delivered, I will continue attempting to contact the winners. Prizes will be given out once all of the winners have selected a prize.

Off topic spam earns a warn. Replying to spam is spam.

It would be a bummer if I had won becuase I lost my E-mail account that is conected to Dragon Cave... How many winners were going to be picked?

Edited by Azteck

It would be a bummer if I had won becuase I lost my E-mail account that is conected to Dragon Cave... How many winners were going to be picked?

Repeating this question, since it was an afterthought tagged onto the end of an older post of mine -->

Does anyone know *which* dragons were chosen as prizes? Have the winners all made their official choices yet? I'm not asking for names of winners or anything like that, just if the prize dragons were all Tinsels or if anyone chose another breed (if there was even an option to choose)? I'm just curious!

Repeating this question, since it was an afterthought tagged onto the end of an older post of mine -->

Does anyone know *which* dragons were chosen as prizes? Have the winners all made their official choices yet? I'm not asking for names of winners or anything like that, just if the prize dragons were all Tinsels or if anyone chose another breed (if there was even an option to choose)? I'm just curious!

TJ is probably the only one (and may be some of the winners) who knows the answer.

Congrats to all the winners! Hope everyone has a great new year! I hope we'll be seeing 2nd , 3rd and 4th gen tinsels in the trading threads soon! biggrin.gif

I have rather a sneaking suspicion that the prizes are probably Tinsels with different wreaths or something, just to differentiate between the different years...???

TJ is probably the only one (and may be some of the winners) who knows the answer.

Oooh, okay, thanks for the reply!