XWolfieX

Animalia

We may start right now, but my mind lacks roleplaying right now >.<. I'll edit this with a roleplay thingy later.

((I'll just kick it off, then! Sorry if it's a little long...I'll try to rein it in a little more as we go along. Lucifer and Kenji's forms are still in PM world, but Wolfie has already accepted them. In case anyone is wondering (since their forms haven't been posted yet) Lucifer is 18 years old and Kenji is 14.))

Lucifer couldn't help but keep his head low as he stuck to the shadows alongside the buildings. He hated being out and about on Saturdays. There were too many people around, too many that would step on him or point and stare at his hat as his ears moved subconsciously underneath. It wasn't as bad when he became and Arctic Fox and wandered the streets, scavenging for food and supplies. All he had to do was keep his head low and his tail curled and everybody would simply think he was a stray dog on the loose, like some puffy Pomeranian whose overly flamboyant mistress forgot to lock up. If a dog catcher went after him....Well, he knew all the alleys where he could simply transform back into a human and make his mysterious exit.

His black eyes scanned the concrete ahead of him as he counted each block until he stood next to the parking lot where the farmer's market set up every weekend. He could already smell the delicious food even though he still had half the parking lot to cross to get there. He looked up at the skies to see a black crow circling above him like a vulture.

You don't have to always follow me, Kenji!" he called up to the bird. To any passerby his words would have sounded lik odd little yips. "And I thought I told you to check on the flea market downtown! You outgrew your clothes again and getting you a new wardrobe is expensive!" The crow glided down and landed beside the white fox. "I'm sorry," Kenji said quickly. "The food here is just too irresistible, though! And they have much shinier things here, too!"

"Fine," Lucifer grumbled. "Follow me." They started heading towards one of the alley ways near the market.

Edited by BlueApollo

Lunar whinced as a little girl headed towards her, hand held out. "Doggy!" She cried, her mother dragged her away and the wolf heard her say something about a filthy mutt. She lowered her ears and closed her eyes. Why did she ever become an animal? She growled and looked at her paws. Life as a stray, acting like you are some thing else, getting food off the ground, it was horrible, but the whole point was surviving. If you survived, you lived. It you lived, you survived.

Lunar was already half beaten in the ribs from the day, people kicking her aside, the busy crowds pushing her, and a dog catcher had come after her, resulting in crashing into a few things- including a dumpster. She walked into an alley, the alley she always stayed in. Out of another path there was a warehouse, then past that warehouse when you headed out a broken glass window, you were behind the stands. Food, thats what there was.

The wolf suddenly bumped into something, she skidded on her back legs, giving her a graze or two. She looked up and snarled. "Get out of my way dog" She said, getting up and shaking the pain off her legs. She narrowed her amber eyes and sniffed in the air. She sensed something. W- "You're one of them. The... experimented humans" She said, spotting a crow in the air in the corner of her eye. Ah, another survivor.

Edited by DragonGirl10188

"Get out of my way, dog."

Lucifer didn't know whether he should be happy that he had tricked the big oaf of a dog or insulted at the lack of respect. Just because he wasn't very big didn't mean that he enjoyed being pushed around. As the wolf babbled on, he sat down, making sure to keep himself in the shadows. Kenji was gliding in circles above them, trying to remain aloof while he kept an eye on Lucifer, but the fox already knew that Kenji had been discovered.

"Yes, we're survivors," Lucifer said as he looked up at the wolf. "And if you don't mind, we have work to be doing." Kenji landed beside Lucifer and looked at him as he waited for further instruction. Without a word, Lucifer transformed into his human form. He adjusted his hat nonchalantly, making sure it covered his white ears while his eyes peered through his glasses down at the wolf. His mind instantly began calculating her usefulness. It would be nice to have some protection against the bigger dogs in the area even though he hated to admit to his small stature in his fox form. Kenji was already back in the air again, keeping his distance from the wolf's teeth.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Lucifer snapped. "We're going to get food. If you don't want to starve then you better come with us."

Sophie quickly pulled up her hood, covering her ears. I hope no one saw that, she thought, about to panic. Someone, apparently in a hurry, bumped into her and continued on. Wow, these humans are rude! She almost wanted to transform into a horse and trample the mean guy, but held her temper. If they see me, I'll be captured again! With a sigh, she adjusted her hood once more and briskly set out towards the quieter part of town.

Her nose twitched as the strange scent of the mutated humans found its way to the horse-girl. As she passed the farmer's market, she saw a stand with apples and bought one with the change she had found in the streets. Sophie crunched happily on the fruit; it was her favorite. She broke into what the humans thought was a 'gallop' and weaved through the busy street until she came upon a human with a wolf. A crow circled above nearby.

"Are you different, too?" she whispered, jumping into the shadows and pulling down her hood. Two large, brown ears peeked through her hair, which fell over her forehead much like the forelock of a horse. She took another bite of her apple and studied the wolf and the fox-boy. Sophie shied away from the predators, a natural instinct, and pulled her hood back up. She finished off her apple and sent it flying into a dumpster about 20 feet away. It landed with a tiny thump! She returned her gaze to the fox-human and animals.

Lucifer could smell the horse girl before he even saw her. He turned around to face her, noting her skittish nature and the horse ears that reminded him of the story of King Midas. Of course, he had had donkey ears, but that wasn't much of a difference for Lucifer. He gently pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose, adjusting them as he analyzed the new girl. She could be of use...if she was fast. Still, Lucifer thought it was quite strange that so many of them should find each other in just one day. He had been lucky to even find Kenji, let alone some of the others he had come across.

"Of course we're different," Lucifer said. He lifted his cap to reveal his fox ears protruding from his shock of white hair, then he shoved the hat back down over his ears and gave Kenji a sidelong glance that said stay where you are and don't do anything stupid.

"What do you want? We haven't got all day. We've got work to do before the sun goes back down," Lucifer growled.

Edited by BlueApollo

Username:shadow_claw(or shade for short)

Character name:Sawyer

Animal: cheetah

Personality: cunning, smart, but will fight if she has to. Has a short temper, and is bad at holding her tongue. Is kind and caring to friends, but wary of strangers. Is most likely found to others as hostile and defensive.

Appearance: She has dark blue green eyes. When upset, her pupils dilate like a cats and her eyes turn silver, has a long fluffy tail and ears on the top of her head. She has retractable, 1 inch claws, and is covered with a light coat of spotted fur. Dark brown hair wears a black newsboy cap to cover ears. Has a set of cat-like teeth.

Other:She is very fast, but gets tired very quickly. She has to eat often if she wants to run for a long time.

Password Approved.

Edited by shadow_claw

I'd like to join :3 lol I apologize for the long descriptions but I love to describe things

Username: Altiboris

Character Name: Desiree

Animal: Bat

Personality: She's a very dark person in general; a cynical pessimist to say the least. She's not afraid to tell people what she thinks, and is always willing to back up her opinions. Although unusually violent and sadistic, she loves to play around. Most people don't always enjoy her sense of humor though. And although she doesnt like to admit it, even to the closest of friends, she's really a softie at heart. Animals and hugs are her weakness, but if you mess with her, or even try, somebody's gonna have a pretty miserable life as long as she's around. Desiree has an obsession with blades, guns, and weapons of any sort, so she's not bluffing if she threatens to stab you. She's always operated outside of the law, and is pretty well connected.

Desiree's pretty unstable, and has been known to have very bad judgment and decision making should though, despite the fact that her fighting skills are just short of amazing. But, as she enjoys partaking of a few guilty( and illegal) pleasures as an escape from the chaos of her miserable daily life, she's usually too stoned to use them. Also, she has bipolar, which, although it isn't usually noticeable, can cause random panic attacks. But, what is obvious is her depression, as she always seems to have a gloomy yet slightly crazed look about her and her actions. Strangely though, she enjoys pondering things like the meaning of life, and is quite philosophical but shrewd.

Her favorite colors( and mine) are red and black as a combo. Oh, and did I mention she's a serious flirt?

Appearance: Desiree has black hair which can only be described as emo. I despise this label and word myself but this is the best way to make her appearance clear. Her bangs, which cover her left eye and most of her face, are blue, along with random streaks and the tips of her hair. Two large black bat ears can be seen poking out from underneath, and are pretty fluffy. She has a spiderbite( two lip piercings right next to each other like really close together) on the right side of her lip, which she wears two black hoops in. Her eyes are differently colored, although one can almost never tell since you can't really see her left one, which is a startling cobalt blue. And the right is an almost neon green. She used to wear glasses but she got surgery to fix her terrible eye sight from the bat gene. A small black x is tattooed on her right cheek and when she smiles, which is often, you can see the tips of sharp canine teeth poking out. Her head has a strange habit of tilting to the left, creating a slightly creepy atmosphere around her.

Desiree's not the tallest person, but appears so because of how skinny she is, despite the fact she eats like a pig. Her skin is extremely pale, or at least seems so because of the darkness of her hair. She has a pair of black bat wings that she loves to fly with, but usually keeps folded up underneath the hoodie she always wears. She never takes off the pair of mismatched wristbands she has on( one black and white striped, and the other red and black checkered) because she always feels like everybody is staring at her scars. Desiree's clothes always seem too big on her( she likes to wear guys' clothing) and perpetually sagging. They're usually ripped and dirty due to her carelessness. She loves to skateboard so she only wears skate shoes. And due to the nature of her acquaintances and lifestyle, plus her love of weapons, she is always armed with a knife in her pocket and extra( pretty small) blades hidden in places just in case. Oh, and she has tiny retractable claws on her hands, although they're hardly used unless as a backup weapon.

Other: She usually sleeps during the day and wakes at night.

Edited by Altiboris

((Umm...you might want to edit your character's name. Lucifer has already been taken, the form just hasn't been posted by Wolfie yet. Sorry about that...))

(( Actually, those go to my PM box :3. Could you PM it and read over the rules one more time? ))

"I'm not a pup. I can eat on my own. But, and it would be wierd if a... Well. Nevermind." Lunar frowned. She formed into a human, brown hair spilling out of her hood, she had light blue eyes. Unusual eyes, yes, but it was the testing on her. She frowned and looked around, hardly able to stand. "Haven't been a human for a long time" She murmured under her breath, eyeing everything. "I'll just use my wolf form" She frowned, in her spot was a younger black wolf. Her fur was matted with dirt and some dried blood. She looked up at them with her pupils and smiled. "I'll go now" She said.

Lunar had soon crouched through the hole in the alleyway and raced through the deserted warehouse, boxes stacked everywhere. She often slept inside, it was warmer and safer than the alleyway. A whiff of meat and salads came up her black nose, the scent was very strong and humans strode along. Busy. She crawled through a broken glass window and peaked around, she was just behind a stand with a man in front. Chanting about how fresh and good his sausages were.

Well, lets test if they are.

Lunar crept up behind him. A box was in the stand, it connected to the surface of it. The man used tongs to pull them out from the box filled to the top with sausages. They were raw though and in strings. She decided to cause mayhem. She pounced, scraping her hind once. She knocked it the weak stand over and whoffed up as many sausages as she could before she was cursed at and kicked to the ground. She growled and dropped the sausage in between her teeth. He waved his tongs and she snarled, pouncing at him. He shrieked as she bit down on his wrist, she wanted revenge on these stupid humans. But she couldn't.

He didn't do it to her. She broke his skin to let him bleed, but left after that with a string of sausages floating behind her. She ducked out of the warehouse and into the alley.

Lunar crept away from the group until she had enough, there was still plenty. "You guys want to get your own food? Or not?" She asked and lay on her side, letting the sausages settle in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sandi scurried to the remains of a small sandwich. Being a mouse was horrible! She would rather something bigger, or scarier. She couldn't eat large things, just small crumbs and she was almost killed every second. She was at the bottom of the food chain, great. She sniffed at the half eaten sandwich. Ham, cheese, lettuce, and tomato. Ah, a good meal at last. She looked around before taking a small bite, it would take her years to eat this. Well, 10 minutes or so. She heard a shriek and looked up, a man was being bitten by a dog. Great. Wait. A wolf! She looked blankly. How did a wolf get in here? She watched it run away with a string of sausages and laughed. "Showed him right" She said in her soft voice.

((...well...this is awk... cuz I'm afraid that's not possible... the pm thing is being stupid cuz I'm on my phone since my laptops broken atm... sry... lol and I did do everything on the rules...))

Edited by Altiboris

Lucifer watched as the wolf girl rushed off to go find food. Her coat seemed odd...knotted and dirty like that of a street mutt. Of course, he wasn't one to say anything. He took great pains to keep his white coat clean, but that was because more people would simply think he was a lost dog and would be less likely to call animal control on him. Man, he hated those freaks.

"Kenji!" he called. The crow swooped down and landed on Lucifer's shoulder. "It's your turn to pick up food today, especially since you followed me instead of going to the other market. Go make me proud." The crow nodded and took off, his black form blending in with the others that scavenged the farmer's market. Something felt off about the place, like someone wasn't supposed to be there, but he had better things to do than think about that. Kenji glided above the many stalls of vendors shouting their wares until he came upon one that he liked. He was a clever crow, though, and he knew better than to go picking up heavy foods with only his lame excuse for talons. He also would never sink so low as to scavenge leftovers off the ground, so when a bread stall owner was looking away he swooped down, gripping a bag full of a loaf of bread between his claws. He hesitated for a moment, adjusted himself to the new weight before he quickly took off again, the lightweight bag dangling beneath him.

It didn't take long before Kenji made it back to Lucifer. He cawed to let Lucifer know he was back before he dropped the bag into his hands, then he turned into a human just before he landed, taking a few steps to slow himself down. "That should do it for today!" Kenji said cheerfully as Lucifer inspected the bag.

"Not bad," Lucifer replied. Lunar came back with her haul of the sausages just then. "I think it's all taken care of for now," he said to her as he took a bite of the bread.

"Hey, Lucifer," Kenji said between mouthfuls of bread. "Something was weird back at the market. I'm going to go check it out." Lucifer gave the boy a confused look before he waved it away and gave him his permission to go. "Just don't get yourself killed," Lucifer said as Kenji transformed into a crow and took off again. The crow soared through the air as quickly as he could, hoping the thing was still there. He landed near the meat vendor's stall and began to look around. It had to be around here somewhere...

((Kenji is looking for Sandi, just so ya know.))

(( No, you didn't. Read the rules. ))

Lunar looked up at him. She smiled and transformed into a human, pushing her fingers through her black hair. She looked at the hole, big enough for an animal to fit. She yawned as the moon started to show itself, the sun still lit up the sky however. It was afternoon, and the day seemed like it had lasted an hour. She smiled, ah, it seemed like that everyday. She was a wolf, they were better at night when the moon was high and the stars were settled in their place. She looked down the alleyway, it started to become busier, crowds covered the streets as humans with jobs walked home. Then she noticed someone.

Black clothing. Sunglasses. She could see a tag.

"Into the warehouse! It's one of them!" Lunar hissed, watching as he turned his head towards them. At least they were humans. He approached them, her warning didn't matter anymore. Just act normal. "A bit late to be hanging out in an alley, ain't it miss?" He asked. The wolf girl swallowed, shuffling her grey hood so it hung over her ears and her tail wasn't to be seen. "Ummm... we're just going home" She said, almost scared. If they captured her- or them- again, they'd simply be used as war machines. "You sure? I could give y-" "We're fine" Lunar interupted. "You're eyes..." He said. "What about them?" She said, a little bit of a wolf snarl in her voice. "They are very unusual" She swallowed "Uhh... I'm... blind" She lied. He nodded.

The next thing she knew, he had grabbed out to her wrist, pulling her in and pulling out a pistol, alinging it to her head. He started to back away with her. "Now, leave us alone or I'll kill your friend here" He told the others. "They aren't my friends" She hissed and hit him in the gut with her free elbow. She got a second as he let go, and shot. She just ducked, grazing the top of her head with the bullet. It shot into the wall and disappeared. She chuckled and as he took a swing at her head, she simply ducked and swung around with her leg out, tripping him. She took the fallen gun and pointed it at him. "Hmm? Who's who's prisoner now" Lunar said. He raised his hands. "Leave" She snapped and pulled the trigger, she moved her hand so it went past his ear, hardly hitting him. He disappeared and she placed the pistol in her pocket.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sandi heard a crow overhead. She hated crows! She frowned, better to be a human but she couldn't shift here. One minute a small mouse hiding next to a stand, and then a girl in it's place. She looked up, but it'd grab her anyway. She formed quickly, halfly tipping the stand. "Whoops, sorry" She rubbed her ginger hair, closed eyes. She opened her eyes and put her purple beanie in the right place, seeing the crow. He sensed... wierd. She looked up, but what about it was wierd? She shrugged and put her hands in her pockets, then sat- leaning against the wall.

(( Hmm? Could you PM it to me again. I might of missed it ^^'.

@Altiboris Oh? I didn't see it in there. Sorry, :I. Ignore my stupidity, go ahead and roleplay. ))

Shasta wasn't entirely certain, but she could swear she heard a few gunshots. She pressed her human form into the shadows, thankful to be wearing her black ensemble today. Not a moment too soon, a man came running out of an alley. Her ears flicked forward, training on her as he ran by. Shasta's tail flicked in fear as she caught his scent. Pure human, and he smelled of a lab. Shasta shuddered and turned to run into the alley. Whoever was down here had to be of more help than that man.

She pulled her hood down, her ginger curls bobbing as she moved through the dark with a grace and ease that could fool anyone. On the inside all the wanted to do was run. Her blue eyes pierced the night, making out another form. Possibly a girl's? Shasta approached quietly, her ears flicking about at the city noises. She held her tail still by force of will and called out, "Hello? Did you... Did you make that man run away?" She asked quietly.

((@shadowclaw: I think it's okay, but you might want to PM your form to Wolfie and delete your post so that it doesn't take up space on the board.

@wolfie: Can you put all of the accepted forms and characters on the first two posts? It's getting difficult to follow who is who when some of the forms are not up yet.))

Lucifer

Lucifer watched curiously as the man walked in on them in the alley. Something didn't seem right about him. He could smell the scent of a lab on him, a very foreboding sign that meant trouble. Of course, his instincts had been right and the man went after the wolf-girl, taking her hostage by gunpoint. Lucifer simply leaned against the wall, never letting an expression of surprise or fear cross his face. He had learned years ago that showing weak emotions would only mean more trouble for him and Kenji. Instead, he analyzed the girl's movements, gauging her strengths and weaknesses based on how well she handled the situation. If anything went wrong, he knew he could easily step in.

It all ended within a few moments. The man was gone, but now she was armed with a gun. Suddenly the situation was no longer in his favor.

"That was...impressive," he said as he walked back up to her. He looked over her shoulder to see a new girl walking up. Another one? he thought. It was like they had planned this...Something about the way that she moved...shy and quiet...It softened him enough to make him reply, "Yes, the wolf-girl took care of it. It's alright now."

----------

Kenji knew he should be more careful, but as he took off again he found the girl and decided that nobody would notice a public transformation in a place as busy as this. Besides, he had just seen the little mouse turn into a girl a moment ago. As long as Lucifer was around he knew he could pull it off. He glided down to the girl and transformed into a human right before he hit the ground, landing in a sitting position right next to her.

"Hi! I'm Kenji!" he greeted cheerfully. "You must be frightened right now, but don't worry. I won't eat you. Mice aren't very tasty."

Shasta had missed one of the bodies in the dark. A boy this time. She glanced him over with some curiosity. She wasn't quite sure what to make of this person. He seemed dangerous.. But not towards her. Shasta nodded, "So does wolf-girl have a name? And what's yours?" Shasta was tempted to change to her fox form just to get a better feel of these two. She trusted her base animal instincts more than she trusted her human ones. Shasta watched the two with wary eyes, her flight instinct screaming at her to run, though she ignored it.

"Her name is Lunar," Lucifer said as he took a step away from her. He removed his hat to reveal his white fox ears that protruded from his white hair. "My name is Lucifer." His right ear twitched a little as he leaned to the side to get a better view of the new girl. Something seemed familiar about her, but he couldn't figure it out. Something about her ginger curls that was really setting him off...Then he caught sight of her tail. A fellow fox! Albeit a shy and rather stereotypical one, but a fox all the same. Good thing Kenji wasn't here. That boy would have embarrassed the life out of him once he found out. Still, knowing all he did about being a fox, he could tell that this girl might be useful. The only thing holding her back from being a strong survivor was her apparent shyness. Well, not everybody could be perfect...unfortunately.

"You must be part fox," he said as he shoved his hat back over his ears and adjusted his glasses. "It's interesting to meet another one."

((Lucifer is mixed with an Arctic fox, just so you know.))

Shasta smiled slightly, what a pleasure, she'd never met another fox before. "I'm Shasta," she informed, studying him. Her tail flicked nervously as she did so, he seemed to be surveying her as well. Holding her head high, she kept her eyes on him. There were certain similarities in between them.. Shasta simply hadn't noticed before.

Finally deciding to answer him she shrugged, "Yes, I'm part fox." On an impulse she changed to her fox form. Shasta loved her fox form, in it her fur was a glossy sheen of red, almost the same color as her curls. Each of her paws was tipped in a deep black, though her bushy tail was tipped with white. She sat on her hind haunches, feeling much more at ease in this form. Her human form was simply not as graceful, couldn't move fast enough. "I haven't met anyone.. Let alone one of my kind before."

Lucifer glanced over at Lunar before he looked back at Shasta. By that time she had already turned back into a fox. He looked around one more time, silently wondering where Kenji had gone. That stupid crow would get into trouble if he stayed by himself for too long. Lucifer had dealt with enough of that through the years they had been together, but he shrugged it off for now. All these half-breeds showing up had to mean something; they needed to be dealt with now instead of later.

"Apparently there's more than just us," Lucifer said as he transformed into an Arctic fox. He knew his white coat would stick out in the shadows, especially if there was moonlight. He practically glowed in that. "Lunar isn't the only one. There's also Sophie and Kenji." He glanced over at the quiet horse girl before looking back at Shasta. "We've all met today. That is, all of us here in the alley. Kenji and I have been working together for a few years. I just don't know what happened today, but it's weird to say the least."

Shasta was amused by how similar they were, yet how different. Her coat were shades and hues of brown and red whereas his was a pure undiluted white. She tilted her head, glancing over him. She'd never really seen a male fox before. He was larger than her, which was natural, and seemed a bit more confident. Shasta didn't bother voicing any of her observations, but with a swish of her tail she straightened her head, holding it high.

"I would have to agree with you.. This is all quite strange." She glanced at a girl in the corner and then returned her attention to Lucifer. A sudden thought occurred to her and her ear flicked as she contemplated it. "Maybe they're corralling us. Trying to get us in one spot so that they can capture us all in one go." The thought made Shasta uneasy, she didn't like the idea of being taken against her will. The very idea of being shepherded into a group so that they were easy pickings made her sick to the stomach.

A slight flicker in the shadows, as a sudden gleam of light appeared, glinting off a single eye. The very color of the shockingly bright orb seemed to give it away. It blinked, and turning its penetrating gaze towards the ground, disappeared. A soft yawn drifted out of the gaping mouth, the tongue flicking across the lips lightly before vanishing back into the dark chasm. A head appeared, shaking a mane of ebony hair streaked with flashes of neon colors, before the rest of the lithe figure followed. Desiree sat up, and pressed herself against the cold wall in a single fluid movement. She had been listening to the proceedings for quite a while now, and sensing that the creatures had finally settled down, decided it was safe to come out.

Usually she wouldn't have hesitated to present herself, as was her won't, but she was much more cautious in her current state. Desiree shook her head once more, as to clear the remainder of the effects of the drugs. She hadn't planned on doing this today, yet she had given in to her demons. Something she sorely regretted right about now. She wrestled out her foot, and planting it unsteadily on the ground, staggered to her feet. The folds of her hoodie shook slightly, as her wings instinctively tried to unfurl, but she repressed the urge swiftly, knowing that though it would be a relief them having been hidden for so long, it would cause more harm than good.

Her tongue flicked over her dry lips, lingering over the two hoops hooked through the

bottom, as she seemed to almost shuffle towards the group, making close to no sound at all. Her head still felt slightly tingly from the heady scent of the smoke that still trailed from her hoodie, picked up by the sharp sense of smell only a rare few were blessed with. Well, more like cursed with, Desiree thought to herself, considering the circumstances that had made her like this. But as she neared the group, her nose twitched, picking up yet another scent. One so familiar, yet so foreign at the same time. For she was more used to smelling it on herself, but not really others. The scent of mutation. Her only visible eye narrowed in suspicion, and her head quickly threw off the blissful haze of drugs, realizing that she needed all her wits about her.