XWolfieX

Animalia

Lunar looked at the gun. "Don't worry, I've never hurt my... er... own kind I could say" She yawned. The streets weren't so crowded now. She looked at the small group and smiled. Wolves were pack animals, just this was a strange pack. She shrugged, they might not be here in morning, either. Back to loner again. She heard Shesta and turned. "Then are aren't smart at all. We're stronger together. When wolves hunt, it's easier to pick them off one by one when they are alone, but in a herd or group it is very hard" She said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sandi turned as she saw the voice. "Good to know!" She said in her smiley, bright voice. She thanked the gods and shuffled her jeans so her long, thin tain was hidden. She did the same to her white beanie and yawned. "Gah. I'm hungry" She said and looked around. "What brings you to this city? Or dump, should I say" She frowned as she was pushed almost into a stand by a thin man, rushing past with shopping bags.

(( Sorry, I'm on the phone typing this ^^' And I can't bold on here either. ))

Edited by XWolfieX

She sniffed the air once more, her ears twitching madly as if it was trying to decide whether it was more appropriate to stand up or to flatten against her head. Desiree quickly smoothed them down, making sure they were hidden under the vivid mane of hair. Her whole body seemed to tense up as she tried to think out her next move. But despite all the attempts of her muddled mind to straighten out the situation, it refused to do anything but tangle everything up even more. A barely audible sigh escaped her lips and, as she always did when she was just too tired to care, she just left everything up to chance.

The mutated girl glanced at the sky, taking note of the oncoming darkness. It was strangely comforting, and she slowly slipped out into the open. As she did so, Desiree blinked rapidly, as if she couldn't get used to being outside of the enclosing shadows. It had been quite a while since she had taken a risk like this, but something just felt right. And even as she gazed awkwardly at the little group, she realized how much she had been pinning for the company of others like her. It was a disconcerting feeling, and she wasn't sure she liked it at all. She hated having any part of her depend on others. Not even little things like this. But the moment swiftly disappeared, vanishing into the abyss of her crazed thoughts. No. This wasn't right at all. She quickly regretted her rash decision to reveal herself. Although it had seemed to her to be something she had wanted at that second, she wished she hadn't done that. Maybe should've given more thought into it before doing this.

No, what was she thinking?

Wait, yes

Wait, no no no

But yea...

But no, that wasn't good

Or was it now...

No, definitely not

But sometimes...

No... she had lost her mind

But maybe that was ok...

No, not ok at all

But...

No

But yes...

Not at all

But...

Still...

Maybe...

Perhaps...

Desiree's mind fought a war against itself, her head spinning with the inner turmoil. But outwardly, she stood there, and finally spoke. "What are you doing here?" It came out a bit harsher than she had intended, a tiny bit of her fury, yet confusion seeping into her words.

Lucifer took a defensive position, lowering the front of his body as if he was preparing for a pounce. Shasta's words made sense to him. Having so many of them together in one place was a dangerous thing. He dropped some of his guard when Lunar spoke, though. More of them together meant that it would be more difficult for them to be captured, especially if they could work in an team. Lunar's wolf form would make an excellent offensive; her size was perfect to make the initial blows. He and Shasta could ambush at the legs, knocking any enemies to the ground with quick bites to the knees that would hinder their mobility. Then Kenji could swoop in...

His thoughts raced through scenario after scenario until he suddenly stopp. He caught the scent of someone else arriving. She shared the same scent that all the other experiments did, but she had the added odor of drugs. He dropped to a pouncing position again, his nose twitching in irritation. Suddenly the newcomer revealed herself.

"I should be asking you the same thing," Lucifer snarled at the bat girl. His tail was raised in alert as his dark eyes watched the girl's every move. One step in the wrong direction could easily mean a bite. "I didn't think I saw anyone's name around here, so I doubt that you own this alley. We're not intruding and we were here first. That gives us the advantage, therefore we reserve the right to interrogate you first. Now, are you alone or have you brought government scum with you?"

--------

"I happen to live in this city," Kenji said as he walked alongside Sandi. His wings were stuffed uncomfortably in a backpack and the feathers on his arms were covered by arm warmers, giving him an odd look to passerbys. The headband and indian feathers weren't helping his image much either, but he had grown accustomed to the strange looks over the years. Besides, if Lucifer could handle stuffing his ears into a hat and dealing with people staring at his white hair, then he could easily handle some wings and feathers. He always thought he was the cooler animal, anyway.

He shoved his hand into his pocket and pulled out some of his leftover bread. Just as he did Sandi was nearly bowled over by a man with too many shopping bags. Kenji placed a hand on her back to steady her as he held up the bread before her with his other hand.

"Here! Eat this," he said quickly as he watch the man hurry off. Years of survival on the streets with Lucifer had made Kenji incredibly alert to any negative situations, and this man had shot a red flag up in Kenji's mind. He didn't know if it was just a false alarm or whether he should really be worried, but he turned his attention back to Sandi, leaving a minimal amount aside just in case the man came a little too close again.

A soft hiccup escaped from Desiree's lips, erupting into a maniacal howl of laughter that could barely be heard, yet still carried a strangely crazed tone that seemed to ring in one's ears for a few moments after. She raised one eyebrow in an amused expression, and slowly pointed to the wall beside her. The grimey, dirt-caked brick wall was covered in chaotic splashes of spraypaint, and standing out from the rest, was a glaring red symbol, which if investigated closely, one could sort of distinguish a word. "Umm... actually it kinda does have my name on it." She made a half-smirk, which was killed by the groggy look on her face that still lingered, while something slid out in her right hand, glinting in the dim light. The blade seemed to dance about, as her slender fingers twirled it about skillfully; a casual, yet threatening gesture.

"Plus, I've been here since... uhhh..." She brushed aside locks of vibrantly colored hair from her eyes, sneaking a quick glance at the sky as she tried to figure out the time, "Ummm... uhhh... like... last night... I think..." Desiree turned her gaze back on the group, trying to stifle another laugh. The arctic fox's expression was just hilarious in her opinion, although it probably would've made any other person think twice about contradicting him.

Her right ear twitched, the ridiculously fluffy black fur poking out from underneath the messy curtain of hair. The effect was quite amusing, and combined with the disheveled look in her eyes, was enough to make a platypus laugh. "So no, I don't think I'm gonna answer that question, which I'm finding quite stupid. I mean really? Now what makes you think that that is plausible, in any way? Do I look like I would be the type of person to be hanging around the government? Much less having them be here. Especially since its kinda obvious that I've just woken up? So how the hell would that even be possible? Are you guys such a bunch of numbskulls that you would even consider that? Like seriously? Hell to the no yo."

Desiree paused her sudden indignant outburst, laughing quietly to herself. "Oh... wait... I kinda just answered you didn't I? Well, wutevs. Doesn't matter I guess... But I have a question of my own. Once again, what are you guys doing here???"

Shasta didn't do much in way of reaction as this new girl appeared, except wrap her great red tail around her legs. It seemed that Lucifer didn't like this new girl, but Shasta couldn't determine anything bad about her. Her ears were pricked in mild curiosity though. Although when the girl pulled out a knife, playing with it skillfully, Shasta's ears lowered against her head uneasily. She uncoiled her tail and rose to her feet nervously. These people were all a bit much, she had been just fine on her own, but she wasn't going to leave.. The whole idea of meeting someone of her own kind was so interesting. Of course she wasn't leaving.

When the girl repeated her question about what they were doing, Shasta spoke up, "I don't think any of us have a specific reason, but I think we're forming a sort of pack. At least, that's what I gathered."

"Thank you" Sandi smiled, he was kind. She often looked out if a bird started to stalk her, but he was fine. Otherwise he would of swooped down and she'd be somewhere he could eat her. She frowned at the thought, shaking her head. She had been lucky to survive the past month. She gently took the bread and took a bite, not as good as fresh bread would be, but it was still good.

(( I've got to go, sorry for short post. ))

Name: Kanaria

Animal Red-Bird-of-paradise

Form She's In: Human

Kanaria pulled on her red hair to cover her red and yellow feathered back. The shirt she was wearing almost covered her back, but it wasn't enough. She just hoped no one would look to closely at her back or her hands, which curved like the end feathers on her wings. Her green eyes darted over the bustle of the streets. This was her first time she had really taken a walk since, well, after she got out of that tube. She figured that being a freak was a small price to pay for being able to fly, though. She sighed, her heart pounding with the fear some one would notice, well, everything odd about her.

The sleek black-spotted golden body of the fastest animal on Earh raced past pedestrians on the street, many crying out in shock. Two men in black outfits ran behind, barely keeping the animal in sight as they sprinted. Except... This wasn't an animal. Not a full one, anyway. Inside the head of this cheetah lay a human brain, which quickly commanded the body to dart into an alleyway. She didn't notice the other mutants in it as she found a dead end. Swifia whirled around, growling as one man and then another walked inside. In less than a second, the coiled spring launched itself at one, tearing out it's throat before leaping back at the gunshots. With the typical screech of a wild cat, the big cat leaped herself toward the offender - however, not before a bullet found it's way to her shoulder, causing her to flop down, shoulder unable to support her weight as the man with the gun came ever closer. "Now I've got you..."

((She ran into the alleyway where the others are. o3o Just got accepted~ Anyway, anyone wanna save her? xd.png))

Edited by Chicogal

(( After Lunar tries to kill Desiree xd.png ))

Lunar stared at her, eyes narrowed. She dare come into her home, act like and idiot and offend them. She formed into a wolf and ran up to her, pouncing a flash after. Her claws latched onto the girl's arm, and her teeth pressed hard against her wrist, breaking the skin. She suddenly heard a gun shot and a girl had fallen in the alleyway. She let go and formed into a human, she tried to help her up but the minute she did government agents swarmed the area. "I've got you now" A man had murmured, pointing the gun at the girl's head. Lunar looked up at him as he pointed at the girl who had already been shot.

"She's dead" Lunar lied. "Theres no use of her dead body, you can't use it in a war or anything. You won't get money because yet again, she is dead" She explained, trying to make sure they wouldn't shoot or take her. She spotted a flash of an ear and smiled, she had the strange scent as well. Weird. I've never seen another one of us in months. But today they are all coming to me like a magnet She thought and looked at the man.

The government agent continued pointing his gun at the cheetah, smirking at the animal on the ground. "I'm not going to kill her." With one freehand he brought out a two-way radio, about to start telling backup where he was. "Found the cheetah, along with another. We are down-" In that moment, he was interrupted by his own screaming. Swifia had taken the opportunity of his attention being ever so slightly diverted to gather her still strong haunches underneath her to spring toward him and wrestle him to the ground, biting and digging into his body with the blunt claws which were her secondary weapon. He continued trying to get his gun which had fallen to the side until she provided the kill bite, sinking her large sharp teeth into his awaiting neck. Falling to the side, the cheetah deformed into the human that she really was With a long tail emerging from the top of of her pants. Tear tracks seemed to trace their way down from her eyes and faint black spots were dotted on the exposed skin you could see. Nails thicker and slightly sharper than a human's she got into a kneeling position, taking care to look at her wound. It was bleeding badly, blood dripping to the ground. Slapping a hand over the very painful wound, Swifia's amber eyes glanced over the wolf, tossing her black hair behind her shoulders with another hand. "Who are you?"

Edited by Chicogal

Desiree watched through a haze as the wolf raced towards her, eyes narrowed in anger, but she didn't particularly care. Ignoring the teeth tearing into her wrist, she smirked as she stuck a tiny needle into the flab of skin just below the wolf's neck. But before she could inject all of it, a loud gunshot resounded, and out of the corner of her eye, saw a girl fall to the ground. The wolf pulled away, turning back into a human and dashed over to help. But before anybody could react, government agents swarmed into the alley, surrounding it.

She quickly slid the still dripping syringe into her pocket, and switched it for another blade. Her wrist bled slightly through her torn wristband, and she readjusted it to cover the wound with an irritated growl. The wolf was gonna pay for this, soon, she thought maliciously, a slight smile curve at the edge of her lips. The drug hadnt been fully injected because of the the sudden turn of events, but what she had managed to inject was enough to give the bloody creature a hell of a reaction. Nobody messed with her, and especially not in what she had come to think of as her own territory. She sighed as the scars of other cuts peeked through the now exposed area, as she tried in vain to cover as much as of her forearm as possible. Giving up with a snort of annoyance, Desiree turned her gaze to the crowding guns. They were a bit more numerous than expected, and she was dismayed to find herself without any of her better weaponry. She had just gotten a new revolver the other day that she had been dieing to try out.

But beggars couldn't be choosers, she thought to herself, at least she wasn't helpless. Desiree's eyes darted around rapidly, gathering as much as she could about the situation before deciding on a move. This hadn't been the first time she had been found, but that bitter experience had taught her alot.png and she was determined never to let it happen again. Ever. She closed her eyes and tilted her head slightly, letting her ears do the "seeing". They were even better for her than her actual vision, due to the fact that bats had terrible eyesight, and the gene she now had took away the clarity she once had had. But echolocation worked great too, and also allowed her to hear what everybody was saying, which more than made up for the loss of vision. The large fluffy ears swiveled around, picking up every movement and quick as a flash, she had the knife buried in the neck of the man closest to her. Keeling over, he rolled in agony as his life bled out onto the cold ground. The gun in his hand fired as it was dropped and she winced slightly as it grazed her left calf. Luckily, the groove wasn't deep enough to warrant immediate attention. Another series of screams erupted behind her, and she turned to see that the man standing over the two girls had been killed by the cheetah.

"Who are you?" The cheetah girl asked, after looking over her wound.

"Not really the time for questions..." Desiree laughed, throwing her knife skillfully in her direction. It sunk into the skull of another agent that had been aiming at her unprotected back. He collapsed to the ground with a gasp, fragments of brain matter oozing everywhere. "And I'd like to know the same, considering the rudeness of these creatures" she spat out the last word with a disgusted glance at the wolf girl, "to be attacking me unprovoked in what I have been considering my own home."

((Btw the reaction to the syringe contents is delayed and it's just a bit head turning lol like migraines kinda but not really if you know what I mean. xd.png just do wutever you feel seems right))

Swifia frowned at the mention of creatures. She was talking about... The wolf girl? And this was this girl's home? Shaking her head slightly, the bleeding girl stood up, glaring at the bullet in her shoulder. She was going to have to pull that out. "Sorry about running in here," she murmured, eyes still fixated on the wound. "Didn't realise. Haven't been around this part of town a lot." Her tail flicked as she stood up, betraying her sense of insecurity around strangers. Like the cheetah, the mutated human preferred being solitary to being around strangers. The only times she would feel safe was around a close-knit group of just a few people or with someone she considered her, 'mate.' Getting annoyed with the bleeding shoulder, she spotted the metallic glint of what could only be the bullet, down a few centimetres into the wound. Swifia quickly got her courage together and reached into the hole to pull it out, throwing it onto the ground with disgust. That had really, really, hurt but she'd been through worse. "What did they turn you into?" she asked, tipping her head slightly. The agents had seemed to stop coming now.

((Wolfie, would you mind putting up the other forms so that I know what the other characters look like? You haven't updated it in a while... XP I do know that Desiree is mutated into a bat, but I have no idea of personality/looks while human.))

Edited by Chicogal

((Sorry DX I thought I was unacpected so thats why I never posted. Sooooo Dragongirl just explained to me that you did actual acept me and yeah xd.png Feedback would be awesome right now smile.gif))

((uhhh her info should be on like p2-3 I think))

"Huh? Wut?" She laughed, shaking her head. "Naw man your chill. Its just these guys getting on my nerves yo. Like seriously wut the hell's their problem." Desiree looked around, relieved to see that the government agents had stopped their advances now and seemed to be just trying to reorganize amongst themselves. She tossed her head lightly, flipping the shaggy mane out of the way. Her mismatched eyes seemed to almost glow in the wild tangle of hair, as she inspected her leg wound. The bullet had left a jagged furrow, but didn't really damage anything luckily. Blood trickled down, staining her jeans and skate shoes a dark shade of crimson. Her hands quickly tore off a bit of her already ragged t-shirt and bandaged the leg skillfully. After making sure it was bound, she ripped off another strip and handed it to the girl.

"I'm uhh Desiree by the way." She grinned lopsidedly, popping a small pill in her mouth. Usually she was against taking anything so soon after a long night being baked, but these crazy circumstances were enough to warrant risk taking like this; it wouldnt be good for anybody if she had one of her moments right about now. The drugs kept her relatively stable, although they probably wouldnt have been a doctors first choice. "And well, Ima bat. You?"

Swifia took the striP of material almost cautiously from this other girl. Her name was Desiree - or so she was told - and she'd been mutated into a bat. Yes, she'd heard her clicking away earlier. Bats relied on their echolocation rather than their sigh due to the fact that their eyes really were quite terrible. As Desiree grinned slightly skewly at her, the older teenager was surprised to see that her one eye was neon green. The Other was blue, from what she could see. And she was taking drugs? Shaking her head once, Swifia replied, "They made me into a cheetah." She held up an arm, showing the other mutated human the spots which looked like huge, flat, moles at a glance with the thickened and slightly sharp nails. "Pretty cool to been able to run so fast. But flying must be much coiler." The smell of the dead bodies had begun to catch her attention. The cheetah in her wanted meat, and she hadn't eaten in a while. Some might consider it to be cannibalism but to her it was surviving. She inclined her head toward one of the bodies she'd killed herself. "Mind if I...?."

Again, another hiccuping laugh filled the air around her, as she glanced at the cheetah girl. The spots swirled enchantingly before her eyes, flashing in different colors. Like a rainbow had melted and dripped onto the girl's forearm. Desiree grinned crazily with a childish delight, her nose twitching slightly. The smell of freshly slaughtered meat had drifted to her nose too, and was giving her the munchies. Of course, she would never eat those; she usually didn't eat that much meat, and preferred chicken or fish when she did. But still, one of her numerous guilty pleasures was a bag of beef jerky. She flicked her lip rings absentmindedly, twirling them around as her mind wandered off. Om nom nom nom nom... Suddenly, her ears twitched, and she whirled around at a loud noise. It wasn't really a crash, but more of a "squoosh", as the head of one of the bodies rolled off it's recently killed owner. She wrinkled her nose at the sight, her mouth curving into another unnerving grin. The bloodshot eye seemed to wink at her, just before the head hit the ground face first.

"Sure, go ahead." Desiree nodded carelessly at the mangled corpses, giggling to herself as if the wink had been some hidden joke only she understood. Which, in a way, it was. She wrapped her arms around herself tightly, and rocked back and forth on her feet, howling with laughter. It went on for a minute or two, when she suddenly stopped, and half fell, half sat down with her legs sprawled out in front of her. Gazing at the sky with a hollow stare, as she threw her head back limply. Her hair cascaded down her back, the different colors gleaming as the wind tossed them around. Her lips silently mouthed words it seemed only she could hear, as she watched the clouds drift slowly. Then quickly. Then spinning in dazzling circles across the wide blue. "Ahe. Ahehehehe. Ahehehehehhehehe. Hehe..."

She stopped and let herself fall backwards. Collapsing on the dirty cement in a jumbled mess. Her arms and legs writhed for a second, before stopping their windmilling to lay deathly still. Her lips still moved, as if speaking to herself. Or an unseen person. Most likely somebody who made her happy, it was seemed, as her face lit up with a grin. That was, for once, quite normal. Not overly cheerful. Not melancholy and sad. But just, normal. But that quickly passed, and Desiree sat up, staring around as if confused about something. Shaking her hair out, and crossing her legs, she scratched her head. "...sorry bout that..." She had felt it coming, and had hoped the pill would stop it, but apparently not. Now, she just felt tired and worn, staring at the ground with eyes feeling like they were sinking into her skull.

Swifia watched the whole episode with Desiree, eyes wide. This girl certainly was strange, along with the fact that she was taking drugs. Blinking a bit when she'd finished, she morphed into the cheetah form she preferred to her human one. This morph was so much more graceful and flowing than her normal form. Yawning and stretching in the way only a cat can, she padded over to one agent and bent her head to his arm. Sinking her teeth into the lukewarm flesh, she ripped off a chunk of meat. Swallowing it down, she took another bite. She really didn't like having to be a cannibal - in a way - but it was the only way to survive if you didn't want to beg like a common homeless person. After the arm had been stripped down to the bone and her stomach was feeling satisfied, the cheetah sat on her haunches and proceeded to lick a paw. "Why is it that you take drugs?"

She looked up, distracted by the question. She had never really thought much into it; it had just happened really. It had been so long ago, or so it seemed, that she didn't remember much about it. And she didn't care to; she was fine with taking them. They made this hell hole seem much, much more bearable. There were those that were heavily against it, but it's not like she cared. This was her life, unfortunately, and nobody was going to tell her what to do. It was a bit cliche, sure, but it was basically her motto. When she had nothing better to do, Desiree often would go out of her way to enrage others. Doing the exact opposite of what she knew they wanted. Ignoring their advice, and just acting along her impulses. It was a dangerous hobby, and she knew there were those who would probably enjoy the sight of her head on a stake. But as there wasn't much else to do, she didn't particularly care. Plus, she always had herself, and those rare few people she semi-trusted. Whom she didn't mind calling her friends. She knew she could be a tough person to be around, and those who could stand it, she gave credit to. Even she had to admit, if there were two of her, both would probably commit suicide out of fury.

Desiree's head spun and spun, thinking through all these crazy thoughts, laughably making almost everything way out of proportion. Suddenly, in the midst of this silent ranting, she remember that the cheetah girl had asked her a question. Looking up, she grinned, "Oh. Right. Uhh... I dunno. It keeps me sane I guess." A chilling giggle filled the air, and she shook her wild mane of hair. "I mean, more sane than I would be without them. She wasn't sure why, but she felt a strange urge to run around and jump and climb things. And most of all, to soar through the air, and feel the cool breeze on her face.

She stood up, and twitching her shoulders slightly, felt the strong wing muscles beneath her hoodie flex. And all of a sudden, she had disappeared. In her place, was a flash of black, and then there was nothing but the soft whoosh of wings and some almost imperceptible clicking.

Swifia tipped her head slightly in that cat-like way, putting down the clean paw. So, they kept her sane. It was understandable. It was just so easy to go mad if you didn't have something to feel joyful about. Her joy was the ability to run so fast, to feel like liquid metal every time she moved as the cheetah. Swishing her long tail, the big cat stood up, amber gaze flicking around as Desiree disappeared. Where had she gone? Going over to the clothing which now held nothing, she sniffed softly and peered inside. It seemed that she'd transformed into her bat form and had flown away. Growling softly in annoyance, she turned to face the wolf. "You're another one? Another mutation?" she asked, the low grumbling stopping as she spoke.

Lucifer decided to keep his mouth shut. If there was one thing that humans were never good at it was talking. Now, he believed, was a better time than ever to practice restraint. He sat down, curling his white tail around his forepaws as he watched the others with diligent eyes. He gauged their personalities, guessing their histories and the probable reactions they would have around each other in the next few days. If anything the need for survival would make them a very tightly knit group. That was more than evident. If one fell out of line and betrayed the others....Well, too bad. He could see it in all of their eyes. They were willing to kill if the time arose. They all had more than enough animal spirit in them for that. Even he had felt the hankering need to chase a rabbit more than a few times in the past few years, but he knew he had more potential than that. His keen eyes continued to observe the others; it wouldn't take him long before he could find a way to manipulate them into his favor. Everybody has something they want, something that he could turn into leverage. All he had to do was find out what he could give.

-----

Kenji kept an eye out as Sandi munched on the bread he gave her. His wings were cramped in the backpack, but he resisted the urge to move them. One false move and he could easily give himself away. Instead he watched for suspicious figures, anyone that seemed like a threat. This place just wasn't sitting too well with him. It was a good thing to be in populated areas so that they could hide more easily, but this was just too much. There were so many people around that Kenji found it difficult to pick out any threats from the throng. He wanted to take off, fly away and find Lucifer again, but now that he found Sandi he knew that was wishful thinking. It wasn't like he could carry her with him. It was dangerous for a mouse in this environment, and a crow carrying a mouse was nearly impossible. The weight would be too much, and it would look weird. It was rare for a crow to scavenge live prey, let alone a mouse. Instead, Kenji tried to keep talking to distract Sandi from his nervous thoughts.

"Do you know any others?" he said. "I mean, anyone else that is like us. It might be beneficial for us to know who each other are. We could team up and defend each other like they do in those comic books. It would be so awesome! Then we wouldn't have as much trouble fighting the bad guys! Oh, and we could have a whole system and an oath to join the group and jackets! Wait, scratch the jackets. That'd be too obvious. Maybe hand signals. That'd be cool..." He rambled on and on as he kept watch and continued walking, hoping that Sandi wouldn't notice his uneasiness.

For the first time, Swifia noticed a white fox in the shadows. It had been the movement of its tail which had alerted it to her. She stepped forward, tail swishing behind her. "Why were you hiding over there?" she questioned, a slightly aggressive tone creeping in. The cheetah definitely did not like being spied on by people she could no see. Why had she been so unobservant?! A soft hiss escaping her lips, she gathered herself together in case it was a threat. The teenager thought not, considering it hadn't attacked by now - but there was always the off-chance that it was waiting for the perfect time to spring out and sink it's teeth into her neck. "Were you waiting to attack me?"

Edited by Chicogal

Shasta hadn't moved from her position by Lucifer, in fact the two foxes were almost mirror images of each other. Shasta, too, sat with her bushy tail curled around her front paws. The only difference was their color, Lucifer was pure white, while Shasta was a deep aburn color. For a moment, she thought the girl was talking to her though she didn't react to it. Shasta soon determined that she was speaking to Lucifer, which made sense, not many people found Shasta very agressive. There was something about Lucifer though, it wasn't his brute strength you would have to fear, it was his intellect. The way he could sit and observe everything without saying a word seemed to posses a danger in itself.

The way this cheetah-girl moved seemed dangerous, and Shasta didn't like it. She knew the girl had been talking to Lucifer, but Shasta answered anyways, "Well, no I wasn't. I just don't enjoy bloodshed all too much. So I prefer the side lines. Much less chance of losing my life that way. Especially if others are here to do the killing for me."

Shasta wondered what Lucifer would think of that for he, like most others, didn't really know her. On the inside she was a very sly girl. If there was someone to do work for her, she got them to do it. Why exert herself if someone else was perfectly content in doing the job? Now that she had determined that these people weren't going to kill her, she could relax and drop the "I'm so shy" act.

It was how she had always opperated. Around adults and potential food supplies she was a weak little homeless girl, around enemies or potential allies she was at first shy, but when it came down to it she was just like a fox. Shasta was not above stealing food or flirting it out of someone, she wasn't one to stay in one place for very long, and she never had really liked anyone. She was more the type to flit around to whoever she required at the moment.

Shasta uncurled her tail from around her paws and stood up, her ears pricked forward to watch the cheetah carefully. It wasn't a challenge, just a precautionary act. Deciding that if the girl was going to attack she already would have, Shasta allowed her attention to drift, with a glance around the alley.

Lucifer's ear twitched at Shasta's words, but he refused to interrupt her. This was just too interesting. She would definitely be a challenge. Her mind was terrifically clever, just like his, and he could tell that she knew how to use it. She had been playing him for a fool earlier, he just knew it. There was no such thing as a real shy girl in the fox beside him. Impressive.

"Now why on earth would I want to kill you, let alone attack you?" Lucifer said. He remained seated and perfectly calm, his tail still gently wrapped around his forepaws. "Obviously the odds are not in my favor. You are much larger and faster than me, and even the element of surprise would do me no good here. I mean, have you seen the size of your teeth? I'm simply watching. Honestly, you have nothing to fear from me."

Hackles raised, Swifia drew her lips back. She didn't really like the way these two were talking - there was yet another fox in the alley. They'd both said that they wouldn't attack her, but she was a little wary. If all of them teamed up on her, she'd probably be able to fight a bit and run away, but the wounds weren't for thinking about. Plus, she had the still-bleeding hole in her shoulder. Eyes flitting from each animal, the teenager hesitantly lowered her lips and rested her weight back onto her haunches before sitting down. "People have reasons for attacking. How do I know you haven't been recruited for the government? I don't. But if you aren't aggressive..." She blinked her amber eyes slowly, tipping her head again. "Anyway. What is your name?"