stogucheme

Option to accept only part of a trade

Would you find it useful to be able to accept part of a trade, but not all of it?  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes please, this would make trading so much easier for both parties in terms of egg limits, offering "deal sweeteners," etc.

also, I sometimes see trade offers I'm not interested in but asking for things I can give them (and I would happily gift those)

there is no way to contact that player

I want to just give them what they want without taking anything from them and APing it

would be cool if I could e.g. deselect all their eggs from their trade offer and make a gift offer instead of offering a trade (it's exactly like offering on a trade just I won't get anything if my offer is accepted, I ticked 0eggs/hatchies but offered sth).

If they like and can, they accept the 'gift' trade offer, if they don't, they decline it. As simple as that

and a nice way to gift random people things they want without any kind of way to bother a player who never initiated it (one of the reasons we stil don't have PMs in game...).

and the gifter doesn't even need to use teleport xd.png The giftee already had.

So if there were the tick boxes and ability to tick 0, this would be an excellent gift offering method^^ Either when I offer on sb's link or if sb offers on mine.

I really like this idea, but a tweak. It would stink if someone got a gift offer, but then also got a trade offer that they really liked. The obvious way of setting it up would mean that accepting the gift offer would close the teleport, even though the trade hadn't been altered in any way. As long as it's a pure gift offer (offering on one of the eggs and then having it accepted would have to at least cancel all other offers, if not the entire trade) I don't see why accepting that offer shouldn't leave the entire trade intact and able to accept a different previously made offer. (although maybe put another magi on cooldown so it can't be abused to stretch magis)

I can just see the quandary: "I don't want to keep these eggs, that's why I put them up for trade. This kind person is gifting me something that I want through the trade, but this other person is offering a little more than the gift. Do I take the gift and put the trade up again and hope the offer comes back, or do I take the offer and spurn the gift?"

(Obviously, I like the idea as a whole too)

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Yes please! I saw someone last year who got a great offer on a trade they couldn't accept because along with the holidays the person wanted, they person offering had also put in an aegis, so they were unable to accept the trade.

I was also once given more dragons than I was owed, and it would have been much easier if I could have accepted only the ones I was owed instead of the extras I was mistakenly offered, and sent back.