stogucheme

Option to accept only part of a trade

Would you find it useful to be able to accept part of a trade, but not all of it?  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

haha, I'm just surprised that no one, as of yet, has come up with some obscure little thing as to why it should not be implemented.. Peoples reasoning sometimes just makes me laugh :3

tongue.gif I even tried to think of something negative about this idea *just* because of your post... And I can't.

Total support!

That one was WAY more complicated though. This one is much simpler.

While I'm on the subject...

Sometimes people get a bit overzealous when offering on a trade. I put something nice up. I get an offer with one egg I really like, and 3 I don't. I'd like to accept, but I'm not dropping 3 eggs for it. So instead, I decline it. I'd love to be able to accept just the egg I want and let the person that offered keep what I didn't so they can trade it elsewhere. Perhaps like the screen we see for multi-clutches or some such.

I oppose this, for the following reason:

if you don't like the other eggs, you can always drop them. Your trade partner though, is not as lucky.. He/she always has to take the initial offer.

Also, there might be reasons people offer more than one item (get rid off it to make space for the actual trade) and the situations get all the more like in your other thread.

To me, this suggestion is about haggling/bartering, and that should best be kept to pms/chat instead of trying to build it into the system.

if you don't like the other eggs, you can always drop them. Your trade partner though, is not as lucky.. He/she always has to take the initial offer.

You can't drop them if you can't accept them. That being, they lose on the egg they want and you lose on the egg you want. (why would it be unlucky that they have to take the trade they are making the offer one? o.O. At the very least, since the trade pretty much has to be initiated on the forum, they can PM the trader asking them to drop part of it. But the trader doesn't have that luxury with offers)

Also, there might be reasons people offer more than one item (get rid off it to make space for the actual trade) and the situations get all the more like in your other thread.

Personally I don't think you should try to use another person to clean your own scroll. It's a trade. Not a egg relocation service.

To me, this suggestion is about haggling/bartering, and that should best be kept to pms/chat instead of trying to build it into the system.

That would be fine, except scrolls aren't connected to the forums. We've a couple threads suggesting they could be but they seem to have the opposition that people want to be anonymous and not be forced to use the forum.

So, it comes down to how much do people want to make the trade? If they can't compromise on either this, something else, or the scrolls connected to the forum. Then I suppose they accept that there are some impossible trades made. Seems silly to let that be when it could be fixed. But that's my perspective.

Edited by Vhale

It is not your job to accept others' superfluous eggs. The trade should be beneficial to both parties (willing seller, willing buyer concept). It would do absolutely no harm in only accepting part of an offer - the person was willing to lose all of the items they offered. As for not being able to change the intial tradelink items - if you don't want the item/s in that tradelink, why offer on it?

The big difference is ease of contact. The person who sets up the tradelink has to post it somewhere to advertise it. It'd be easy to PM to change the composition of the tradelink. People OFFERING on tradelinks are sometimes very hard to track down though. No one should be forced to abandon eggs to accept other people's junk.

TL;DR = I support!

Yes, please. I hate it when things like that happen and I can't track them down, cause, guess what, their scroll and forum names are different. Or they don't have a forum account at all.

Liking that idea too!

Why? Because I usually have room for 1-2 eggs and if they offer 4... I can't accept it sad.gif

Edited by Ollie

Support! I wanted to accept an offer yesterday on a silver, which had two CB pinks and 2 other CB hatchlings yesterday (wanted the pinks). Unfortunately for me I had no space, so I ended up accepting another offer with 1 CB pink and 1 other hatchling.

In this case both parties would have been happy if this was implemented: I'd have my 2 pinks and the first person would have their silver. I'd love to see this implemented!

Yes - because even if you try to make contact, the time zones may get in the way and you bot lose out there too. If the other player wants rid of the other eggs, they can drop them after the trade is complete.

It is REALLY annoying to be offered more than you have space for.

I speak as one who was simply gifted THREE times yesterday when I had no egg space - and was VERY lucky that one of the people was on line at the same time so that we could work out a deal - I wasn't prepared to just drop a good egg and hope for the best when I would otherwise have kept it (as it was one I'd bred for a lineage !) Otherwise I would have lost two eggs I desperately wanted

Edited by fuzzbucket

I'm all for this.

But I think it should be coupled with this suggestion. Say I'm trading 2 CB hatchlings and someone offers me a Rare egg (that I want) and an uncommon egg (that I don't want). They might be offering the extra egg because they're locked and need to do a 2:2 trade.

So the trade would have to show that by selecting only one, I'd be blocking us from completing it.

I'm all for this.

But I think it should be coupled with this suggestion. Say I'm trading 2 CB hatchlings and someone offers me a Rare egg (that I want) and an uncommon egg (that I don't want). They might be offering the extra egg because they're locked and need to do a 2:2 trade.

So the trade would have to show that by selecting only one, I'd be blocking us from completing it.

blink.gif

Crumbs.

This could end up a minefield.... I can see THAT too... If it is possible to show all possible permutations of blocks, this would be great.

I think this proposed change would help immensely with trading, for the reasons already stated.

If someone needs to make room and offers the same number of eggs you put up in your trade in the first place, and you don't want to take all of them, then you could simply get a message that the trade cannot go through like this because of scroll lock. However, if you're offered more items than you can take, being able to reject 1 or more of them is a perfect compromise.

I definitely support this. A couple of weeks ago, I put up a CB Silver for trade and made a list on what I was wanting for it. I got offers of what I was looking for, but also had some mixed in with things I definitely didn't want/need. Considering I had a ton of offers (10+) I had to weed down my choices and the ones had 'stuff I definitely didn't want' got declined first. If I had some means of declining part of the trade, those folks would have had a better chance of 'winning' the trade.

If not that, then perhaps a small text box by the offer's name so some kind of communication can take place for those that don't use the forum/different forum name? It would have to limited on what you can type into it though...due to likely abusers threatening/harassing folks. Maybe not a text box but a drop down with things like '-ice', '-lineaged egg'?

Though I can see how that can be confusing...just throwing some things out there.