stogucheme

Option to accept only part of a trade

Would you find it useful to be able to accept part of a trade, but not all of it?  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This would allow me to just screen out any and all inbred rares in a trade instead of shooting the whole trade down and refusing to trade with the person anymore (which is apparently against the rules now, I hate the trade harassment rule).

o_O

There is no such rule in place. You are allowed to trade or not trade with whoever you please.

It's only harassment if you continually be a jerk to them. If you simply tell them "I don't accept these things, and as you continually offer things I refuse to accept, I will no longer be bothering to trade with you", then I can't imagine how that could possibly be harassment. You just can't PM them every week and go "Hey, I'm still not trading with you because you have censorkip.gif dragons!"

The trade harassment rule is to protect people like you--if that person continually badgers you to accept trades you don't want, and is rude to you then that rule protects you from that and allows you to report them for being rude.

The trading harassment rule specifically states:

user has the right to deny any breeding or trading request

I oppose of this.

This might make the person feel bad. If you want one thing, then take everything, because if you think that one part is good enough, the rest of the eggs are just extra, and therefore they're almost like gifts and you should take them.

And if you don't have room for the extras, then you have to reject the whole trade. I'm just speaking for myself, but I don't usually think of anything I trade as "gifts", and would definitely not be upset if I got to trade for just half of what I offered. If I offered extra, and the other person doesn't want them, it's a win-win.

I support this (especially with how often people are completely locking themselves because of incuhatchables).

I support this so much! I often set up trades that give options of this or that and people continue to offer this and that regardless of what I've specified. Many times they have something good in the offer, but I can't accept because of my scroll status.

I oppose of this.

This might make the person feel bad. If you want one thing, then take everything, because if you think that one part is good enough, the rest of the eggs are just extra, and therefore they're almost like gifts and you should take them.

What has usually happened to me, is I put one egg for trade up. Then I get a mega-offer. Then I wait to see if they'll PM me. In the meantime, another person has put up an offer. I don't really want to decline it because the first person might go away. Then 12-24 hours later, I get a third really good single low-time hatchy offer and go with that. And then, I feel bad because I've basically wasted the time of the first two people when, if I could have accepted the one thing I wanted, they could have been doing other things with their hatchies.

There was a suggestion about letting others see what trades are on offer that would help with that maybe, but the problem there was that people who wanted a trade badly could view-bomb the opposition. Especially ER hatchies.

I oppose of this.

Why should I take a "gift" that I'm just going to throw away anyway? It's not a gift to me if it's junk on my end.

And, by allowing me to reject certain eggs/hatchies... It allows them to have more trade fodder to try and get something else they want.

I won't accept an offer that has something I want if it also has other things I don't want to touch--I'll reject the entire offer unless the thing I want is something I really want/need. If it's not... Then they get nothing.

Edited by KageSora

I oppose of this.

No, because I either (without this tweak):

- Accept the trade and then chuck everything that I don't want into the AP, leaving rares - even golds for the dead. I honestly don't care if the other person thinks that they are gifts or not; I don't have scroll room and I'm not obligated to keep them. The end. It's rubbish to me.

- Decline the trade completely because I don't have enough scroll room.

It's not a question of whether something is a gift or not. Gifting is ONE WAY. It has absolutely no place and is not due any sentiment/consideration in a suggestion regarding TWO WAY teleports. This thread does not support any changes to gifting at all.

... and I honestly can't even imagine that when people are trying to trade off rares that they actually care about the feelings of 100 people at all. Either the offers consist of junk or not junk.

Edited by DarkEternity

No, because I either (without this tweak):

- Accept the trade and then chuck everything that I don't want into the AP, leaving rares - even golds for the dead. I honestly don't care if the other person thinks that they are gifts or not; I don't have scroll room and I'm not obligated to keep them. The end. It's rubbish to me.

- Decline the trade completely because I don't have enough scroll room.

It's not a question of whether something is a gift or not. Gifting is ONE WAY. It has absolutely no place and is not due any sentiment/consideration in a suggestion regarding TWO WAY teleports. This thread does not support any changes to gifting at all.

... and I honestly can't even imagine that when people are trying to trade off rares that they actually care about the feelings of 100 people at all. Either the offers consist of junk or not junk.

I agree - and the other person is losing out themselves; by making a trade that is literally unacceptable, they lose out on whatever they were offering for. If they then want to GIFT the other stuff (gifting has NOTHING to do with trading) they can use the glomp thread or whatever.

@ PJOraindrop - If you go to a store and pay for a $5 purchase with a $10 bill, do you expect the checkout staff to keep the change as a gift ? No. You overpay - you get change.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I support this.

It happened to me that I had two refuse a trade because I had been offered more eggs that I could accept - and I would have loved to just accept one of them - and I could not PM the person offering because I didn't know their forum account.

And it happened to me to refuse an offer because it was more than I asked for and I didn't want to lock my scroll with the extra egg offered. But it was a beautiful egg too so I would have hated to take and then abandon it, when its original owner could have used it better. And again I could not PM that person since not everyone has a forum account.

So I totally support the idea of just accepting a part of an offer

Many times I want to trade, I have room for just 1 item or I don't need or want extras when the person can trade them elsewhere. Why should I have to take the egg or hatchling I don't want in order to get the one I want? I would love to have a checkbox for each item of a trade and it to say "You must choose at least 1 item in this trade." That would take away any chance of abuse but also give you the choice to Not take extra items.

If I want to trade and see this situation, then it is up to the offering person to either change the teleport or not accept the trade. Sometimes, when people think they are doing you a favor, it isn't a favor if it takes up your space and time.

Yep, or just have an option why you are declining the trade biggrin.gif So many times I just wanted to tell the person why I decline or I want to know why I got declined.. biggrin.gif

+10000 support!

I would love to have a checkbox for each item of a trade and it to say "You must choose at least 1 item in this trade." That would take away any chance of abuse but also give you the choice to Not take extra items.

I really like this idea for how to put it in place :3 Check boxes would work well, or at least I'd think so...

Many times I want to trade, I have room for just 1 item or I don't need or want extras when the person can trade them elsewhere. Why should I have to take the egg or hatchling I don't want in order to get the one I want? I would love to have a checkbox for each item of a trade and it to say "You must choose at least 1 item in this trade." That would take away any chance of abuse but also give you the choice to Not take extra items.

If I want to trade and see this situation, then it is up to the offering person to either change the teleport or not accept the trade. Sometimes, when people think they are doing you a favor, it isn't a favor if it takes up your space and time.

The check-box idea is perfect!

I would like to point out, though that people are most likely adding extra to the trade in the hope of increasing their chances of having their offer accepted.

More is often good in such exchanges, IF the 'more' is desirable by the standard of the 'seller' and IF they have room for it...

But the selective ability proposed in this thread would render such issues no longer a problem for both sides.

I absolutely support this. I'm often going through trade offers and people have offered me four eggs, one or two of which I would like to accept, but then the others I'm uninterested in for whatever reason or I just don't have the space to take four eggs.

I support this for main reason is that, Person C wants egg A you have & you want egg B from person D, but person C thinks you're trying to rip yourself off by adding some more very rare eggs,in the trade, and all person C wanted was just egg A. I've had this happen, I generally trade then gift those eggs back while explaining to the person was trying really screw himself over.

So far I've been lucky and was able to contact people via pm when they over-offered and I couldn't take everything, but that's not always possble -so: +1 from me smile.gif

I almost feel like we need a Completed Suggestion place =x

Ugh...I really need something like this. I have two shimmers up for trade and made specific requests. I've had a few offers already with two eggs (I asked to limit offers to two eggs), one something I liked and would consider (e.g. 3rd gen Tinsel), but the other egg goes against what I asked for (e.g. 7th gen shimmer, I when asked for no higher than 6th gen).

Support too.

I accepted trades and just needed one of the things offered. Traded or gifted the rest...

A bump for you, fuzz. o3o

Oh my ! Thanks smile.gif

Great idea, I totally support!

I just went trough a situation these days, someone offered 2 eggs and 2 hatchies for an egg that I was trading and I would love to accept just one of the eggs and the hatchies but could not find the username in the forum to discuss so I had to reject the trade. This solution is perfect.

Honestly, I have no idea why this isn't already implemented. It just makes so much sense. The person is certainly not going to be upset that you took LESS than what they offered.