stogucheme

Option to accept only part of a trade

Would you find it useful to be able to accept part of a trade, but not all of it?  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It sounds complicated but if it's not too hard to do I'd LOVE to see that implemented! I've had to reject so many great offers because they thought they had to sweeten the deal with another egg I didn't want and couldn't accept due to being locked... yes please!

I ended up merging two threads with polls about this, so I re-did the poll to incorporate more of their answers. It's long, I'm sorry! But new poll for everyone to vote in. <3

I support this. Many times I've to reject trade offers which contain something I want but people add more things I don't need or do need but can't accept due to limit so I've to reject the entire offer.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

My goodness, that poll is hard to sort through. >_<

I recently had a player make an offer on my blusang trade. They offered 2 hatchies and a shimmer eggy. I was lucky enough to find they had a form account, and I PM'd them about the shimmer eggy. I wanted a shimmer with a common mate, not holiday. They were happy to put me on a shimmer list,and to change their offer for me.

I want to the ability to comment on the trade, and the ability to accept only part of the offer. I would heavily rely on it.

*confusion* Why is tis in the BSA section?

Anyway, I would love, love, love this to be psossible.

*confusion* Why is tis in the BSA section?

Anyway, I would love, love, love this to be psossible.

i think because it has affects on teleport what is a bsa...

i support this, too

It changes how a BSA works. Therefore it belongs in here.

And I don't understand why this section receives only a fraction of the attention the main suggestions area does. There are just as important suggestions to change the site in here, it just so happens that they involve a dragon to accomplish them.

It changes how a BSA works.  Therefore it belongs in here.

And I don't understand why this section receives only a fraction of the attention the main suggestions area does.  There are just as important suggestions to change the site in here, it just so happens that they involve a dragon to accomplish them.

Probably because it is the most restrictive and hostile part of the forum. The rules are considerably more rigid, though a part of them has recently been relaxed. Also, you look at the majority of suggested BSAs and they get shot down really quickly and often very harshly. Overall, it doesn't come off as very welcoming or even particularly interesting.

Edited by Nectaris

And it is about MORE than a BSA. I am betting that it doesn't get seen here, though.

I'm really confused, having seen this by accident from 'the outside' - and having assumed that this would be a site function added on, rather than a Breed Specific Action given to a dragon.

I'd never have seen this otherwise, and don't tend to come in this section.

But I voted that it should be available on both sides, and to both trades and transfers, as it seems the majority did.

I'm not sure how FEASIBLE this would be, but I think it would be great to have a "Counteroffer" option. (I voted for this being something only the Teleport maker could do; it would be too complicated otherwise, I think! Imagine a trader who offers three eggs, and receives three offers; it would be almost impossible to juggle who was offering what for which once all four people made counteroffers!)

The primary benefit I see for this is for people who are skirting egglock (who isn't? heh) - going back to the hypothetical trader with three eggs, let's assume that the trader is egglocked and thus can only receive [up to] three eggs from a trade. Offer 1 is two eggs, both commons. Offer 2 is a rare and three commons, two of which the trader needs for a breeding project and the third is less important to the trader. The trader wants that rare, and those two project eggs! With only "accept" and "decline" as options, the trader has to either dump something on her scroll and accept (which might not even be an option, if the other things on her scroll are still on cooldown!) or else turn away all four eggs and *maybe* reach the offerer via PM (and the offerer may not be online, or may not have a forum account).

If there were a "Counteroffer" option alongside "Accept" and "Decline", it could set up checkboxes next to the offered items which the trader could click to select; then when the offerer looked at the trade he would see which ones the trader wanted, and could resubmit his offer. Or perhaps there would be an "Accept Counteroffer" option that appeared alongside "Cancel" once a counteroffer had been created?

I admit to knowing relatively little about coding, but I can't think of any reason why something like this wouldn't be workable; aside from the optional 'make "Accept Counteroffer" appear on the offerer's view" thing, it doesn't seem much more complicated than selecting dragons for a trade in the first place.

Any coders here able to work out how doable this would be?

The thing is, the result is essentially the same, but it is a lot lot more complex, and needlessly so.

The person offering is willing to give all four eggs, so there shouldn't be any problem on their end if the owner of the trade only takes three of them. No need to go back to them to get their permission.

I really want this.There are times when someone is gifting 3 hatchies on the departures board and I only have 2 slots open.

Edited by gollark9

This ^

Not only that, but there are just times when I really just plain and simple, only want one part of a trade. I'll take that appealing Dorkface please, but not some random messy Waterhorse along with it.

I really want this.There are times when someone is gifting 3 hatchies on the departures board and I only have 2 slots open.

For a one-way trade, if this happened I'd like to see a way for the remaining non-claimed dragons to stay on that link, claimable from that link (as it might be a hassle for gifters to have to make another link, and I know when I leave stuff for the departure thread I'm often doing it with limited time, and when sometimes I wouldn't mind leaving the link up for a while to wait for it to be claimed, I'd mind having stuff stay on my scroll until I did a new link... maybe my situation wouldn't be common?) or for one-way trades to either not have the "accept part of the trade" applied to them, or have it be optional for the person setting up the trade.

*sleepy and probably not making a lot of sense*

Bumping this to the top because someone suggested it again under the regular suggestion section and it was closed as a duplicate.

I really like this idea and wish it could be a thing. I have sometimes gotten offers of more eggs than I could accept, but one or two of them I would have really liked to have and I would have been happy to trade for just that part of the offer. The person either had no forum account or had a different forum name than that on their scroll, so there was no chance to contact them.

I'm for removing ticks from things I don't want from the offer(both ways: when I initiated the trade (I tick/de-tick from the incoming offer) or when I'm offering on a trade (I can offer only part of the request or am interested in X but not Y&Z and wouldn't rather not inta-AP them))

PMing doesn't work. Plenty of people are uncontactable (different game and forum usernames, no forum username revealed, no forum account etc.)...

Abandoinig your other stuff to make room just to AP part of the incoming eggs doesn't work (having only precious things on your scroll at the time anyone? or things that were gifted to you provided you keep these anyone? etc.).

also, I sometimes see trade offers I'm not interested in but asking for things I can give them (and I would happily gift those)

there is no way to contact that player

I want to just give them what they want without taking anything from them and APing it

would be cool if I could e.g. deselect all their eggs from their trade offer and make a gift offer instead of offering a trade (it's exactly like offering on a trade just I won't get anything if my offer is accepted, I ticked 0eggs/hatchies but offered sth).

If they like and can, they accept the 'gift' trade offer, if they don't, they decline it. As simple as that

and a nice way to gift random people things they want without any kind of way to bother a player who never initiated it (one of the reasons we stil don't have PMs in game...).

and the gifter doesn't even need to use teleport xd.png The giftee already had.

So if there were the tick boxes and ability to tick 0, this would be an excellent gift offering method^^ Either when I offer on sb's link or if sb offers on mine.

If I'm the creator of the link and get a partial offer requesting 1 of my offered eggs but not 2 others, there could be e.g. codes of the eggs they ticked added in brackets next to the incoming offer. I'd also see tick boxes and if I don't like 1 of their eggs I de-tick it and accept. If they'd become locked this way, I'd get 'the user has too many eggs/hatchlings' and I'd simply have to alter my part of ticking. After all, the link creator has the final say, right?

It's been here for so many years, was suggested multiple times in independent but now merged or deleted(closed) threads but it's still not in the game:( Despite how useful it would be... meh:(

Bump. WE NEED this - and this should be right up there in suggestions, not hidden among BSAs.

Can we have this put into the Suggestion forum? Its for an existing BSA, not a new one.

This would be very helpful for trading, I'd really like this to be implemented.

Still for this, as it could prove very useful.