numb3rs

Cave blockers

you know, cave blocker hAve been a problem to DC for years, from the 1-cave to new multiple-cave biomes.

People have given out many ideas to deal with it and all with pros and cons (and dramas).

What is your opinion about the cave blockers? Which idea of solving cave blockers you think would be the most suitable menthod?

TJ has announced there would be a test to solve this issue, what could it be?

Ps: searched, but didn't find a thread about this, so Z, Ruby xd.png

I think that TJ might already have implemented something, as I keep seeing eggs from one Biome in different one. I was hunting in the Forest yesterday and saw a Balloon and an Albino in there. I thought they only dropped in the Alpine (that's the only time I ever see them and generally they block it). Maybe he's trying to distribute them a bit evenly if there is a backlog?

I'm not sure myself but I think this happens when there are too many abandoned eggs.

There are always 2 ways to take a new egg. To take from the pile or steal from the cave.

Stealing from the cave you can't see the egg but you have a description of it.

Taking from the pile means you can't see a description but can see the egg.

I think we are currently having a Cave Block, too many eggs in the pile don't allow you to reach in the ones in the caves.

But I'm not sure. Best to hear it from the pros.

I believe the term "cave blocker" refers to common CB eggs that sit in the cave for minutes on end because nobody wants to pick them up. Like how water walkers just kinda stay in the coast area for a long time.

I see, so the cave born eggs are like a cascading list and it only progresses when someone claims one of the shown eggs, so another can drop down into that slot?

And when noone claims them, the eggs just sit there and block other eggs from being shown and offered?

Edited by The Maiden

I also heard that someone got a CB black from the coast.

well that's not weird at all. smile.gif i've gotten a cb black from the coast too.

blockers are just annoying to me when i actually want common eggs...like hellfires and such. what makes a blocker and what doesn't is desirability, since hellfires are more wanted than pebbles, you'll see more pebbles in the volcano...which is irritating to me personally. i think the only real way for the blockers to be dealt with is to make something to make people want them. xd.png (nice lineages with super commons usually do the thing).

What exactly IS a cave blocker?

Cave Blockers are those eggs which sit in any Biome and never get taken because they're not viewed as 'valuable' - like the Whiptails in the Forest and the Nocturnes in the Alpine and the Stones in the Desert and the Pebbles in the Volcano and on and on. If you see three of the same kind of egg just SITTING there for minutes and minutes - THOSES are Cave Blockers. They're called that because, since nobody picks them up - they sit there forever blocking any other more valuable eggs from coming up.

ETA ninja'd

Edited by oddsoxdi

well, I saw many people don't know cave blockers are here @@ sorry for not to mention it in the first post :s but people here have explain clearly, so I dont have to do so xd.png

I like the idea egg change everytime you refresh, but it has many cons. I like mossy eggs, too, but the bsa or some contents are kinda inlogical :s I'm confused @@

I'm rooting for the Wasteland idea, myself. But we'll see. I haven't been hunting the cave much recently, so I'm not sure if things have shifted. But blacks have been going banko with breeding.

Cheers!

C4.

I'm rooting for the Wasteland idea, myself. But we'll see. I haven't been hunting the cave much recently, so I'm not sure if things have shifted. But blacks have been going banko with breeding.

Cheers!

C4.

i liek the wasteland idea too itll make hunting easier. as for the black idk there

I don't like hatchling grabbed in the cave either, that ruin the joy raising a complete dragon xd.png

To be honest, I grab Commons and Very Commons out of the Abandoned Cave, that's all I do now. xd.png I'm already accumulating a collection of Dorsals and Stones and Greens.

I've been wondering about the 'more subtle' changes TJ is implementing. I haven't had much time to hunt lately, but I haven't noticed anything obvious having changed. Sometimes I get the feeling things are moving a little better, but then I think I might be just seeing things because I know something is supposed to be happening...

So I'm really curious to hear from people who did spend more time in the biomes since TJ's announcement: have you noticed any changes? Any idea what TJ may have done?

EDIT: @Fandom Addict and Dragonwing1234: balloons and albinos were already found in the forest before, and blacks on the coast had been reported before too, so that is not a recent change.

Edited by Fengari

I've been wondering about the 'more subtle' changes TJ is implementing. I haven't had much time to hunt lately, but I haven't noticed anything obvious having changed. Sometimes I get the feeling things are moving a little better, but then I think I might be just seeing things because I know something is supposed to be happening...

So I'm really curious to hear from people who did spend more time in the biomes since TJ's announcement: have you noticed any changes? Any idea what TJ may have done?

EDIT: @Fandom Addict and Dragonwing1234: balloons and albinos were already found in the forest before, and blacks on the coast had been reported before too, so that is not a recent change.

I haven't spent much time hunting during the week as work takes a big chunk out of my potential DC hunting time. laugh.gif However, I was just on the five o'clock drop just now and waiting on forest with three water walkers across the board and they were most definitely blocking. With five minutes or so to pick up an egg (unless of course the AP drops to low numbers which it has done before) that really doesn't give me or any other player much of an opportunity at number of breeds that the biome holds. I have no solutions but it does seem to be continuing for the moment. I'm sure TJ is working hard on resolving this so I'll cross my fingers that we can get a workable solution that will benefit all the players.

After reading tj's message i hope hes right like always about the better idea to deal with cave blockers. I have been stopped recently in my hunts for cb autum eggs by blockers.

i just had stone eggs sitting in the desert biome for over an hour i swear! headache >< but i got what i was after so now i AP adopt biggrin.gif for a personal lineage i decided to start. AP rescue lineage

I think the new method will be published in the breedsing season of Halloween. Dunno if it would be announced or be in secretly xd.png

TJ didn't say exactly the day, I'm curious :3

snip... I have been stopped recently in my hunts for cb autum eggs by blockers.

YES!! ^^^THIS!! I'm also on the hunt for CB Seasonals - especially an Autumn.

I saw a few autumn in the forest, they stay quite long, I think, gone after 4~5 refreshs xd.png I only want some more winters :3

I hope TJ put some more rares in the coast, I've just hunt something nice a few hours ago, all biomes have 20+ users viewing, but the coast only have 5 sad.gif

Here are all the cave blockers I can remember right now.

Stone

Nocturne

Pebble

Spitfire

Whiptail

Neotropical

Mint

There are others, but my poor mind can't remember.

This would take forever, but a possible help would be to make an alt version of at least one of these- that way people would want the eggs and actually take them.

I see the coast's full of cave blockers @_@

but we can't get all alt forms for all or most cave blockers, that's too much sad.gif

well that's not weird at all. smile.gif i've gotten a cb black from the coast too.

Well, what I mean is that they used to not be there. They only showed up in the Alpine, desert, forest, and volcano. Now, they show up in all.

----------

This change was probably putting different eggs in other biomes too.

Like CB reds aren't supposed to be in the forest, but I saw two there. blink.gif