numb3rs

Cave blockers

It gets so frustrating to see 3 biomes blocked with 3 of the same egg in each.... if only one could despawn every minute or so to try to let a trickle of more unusuals past it would make a difference. sad.gif

I don't know what the situation is (as to what already has been tried/put in place) but I hadn't, in my small sample, of hourly drops noticed any lessening of the major cave blockers. Maybe someone who has spent more time on the Cave during drops has more of a sampling?

It seems like it really does depend on what's in the cave. The pebbles and mints actually seem to move faster than the stones do. Quite often the desert will get blocked up with stones.

But by the same token, if it's busy enough - if there are people on - then the Desert is the biome that empties the fastest.

I also heard that someone got a CB black from the coast.

I've gotten or seen blacks in all bios

don't think they were restricted to just one or two

I actually don't mind cave blockers

those who are new can grab some

last time people complained, they hurt the spriters feelings and Frills were pulled. I would HATE to lose another common because people complained so much about them.

I just keep wading through the commons in the hopes of nabbing an uncommon(gave up on the rares). Although sometimes, I am aggrivated and wish I could stomp on the egg to remove it from the cave tongue.gif

Watch this. I'm going to make an enemy of practically everyone in Dragon Cave in one small paragraph. I'm a little scared.

I actually like the cave blockers. Why, you ask? If they weren't there, Dragon Cave wouldn't be a challenge. If we weren't blocked from picking up the decent eggs by the cave blocker eggs, the decent eggs would get boring- possibly even become cave blockers themselves. If we all managed to get the rare eggs easily, they wouldn't be rare. Practically the only challenge in Dragon Cave would be getting neglecteds, zombies and possibly tinsels, although in the next few years they might get gradually more common. Plus, they give us something to complain about. I mean, it would be nice if there were a few less, but I'm happy with it right now.

I'm hiding in my bunker preparing to be bombed by the army of people who disagree with me.

what you said is true, don't be afraid ._.

I know there will always be cave blockers xd.png blacks were once a cave blockers, too. But right now too many dragons showed up and the ratio change make them very desirable :s

I agree with what oceandragonz said. smile.gif

Yes, I sometimes get a little bit frustrated when the gave isn't moving along, but on the whole, I like that it's challenging to get the eggs you really want. It means that you've always got something to aim for.

The blockers exist because nobody wants to pick up those eggs.

"I'm not going to waste one of MY egg slots picking up a blocker. Let somebody else pick up blockers."

I pick up a blocker in a biome, and that biome starts to move. Sometimes it gets blocked again after one or two eggs, but sometimes it doesn't, and I get to grab an egg or two that I want. 5 hours later, I can abandon the blocker I picked up.

Of course, I have seven egg slots, so I can let one or two be wasted for a few hours. Someone with just 4 slots might think that was a bad thing to do. But if the biomes are blocked, nobody is getting any eggs. 60 people sitting there refreshing, and nobody wants to unblock. They are all waiting for somebody else to unblock so they can get the eggs they want. But no eggs flow, because the cave is blocked.

If you wait for somebody else to unblock the cave, then you are part of the problem. The people who wait for somebody else to unblock the cave are also the people who are complaining that the cave is blocked.

I don't think cave blocking is a problem, because I know what to do about it.

Yesterday I've been hunting in the coast for an hour and most of the time I've been staring at deepseas and waterhorses that simply didnt move.

And of course, 'people who wait for others to unblock the cave' are probably those who only have 1 egg spot. Why fill it with an egg i don't want when there are 10 more people who might click one of those poor unwanted eggs and uncover a Blusang or a Silver? xd.png

Yes, when I only have one egg slot available, I don't try to unblock, because I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the resulting egg flow. But it's usually only during the releases that I'm left with only one egg slot.

And sometimes when I'm haunting the cave, I get to a biome that's moving, so no unblocking needed. That's when it gets to be fun, when the cave is moving and you can pick and choose.

Yesterday I've been hunting in the coast for an hour and most of the time I've been staring at deepseas and waterhorses that simply didnt move.

And of course, 'people who wait for others to unblock the cave' are probably those who only have 1 egg spot. Why fill it with an egg i don't want when there are 10 more people who might click one of those poor unwanted eggs and uncover a Blusang or a Silver? xd.png

Personally I love a lot of the Coastal breeds. >w> I'd be more than happy to collect Deep Sea Dragons from the Coast, but there are a couple of problems.

The main one is space. Being egglocked (especially with brand new eggs) makes Trading hard. If you're trying to trade for something that involves a 1: multiple ratio, you won't be able to accept any egg offers while egglocked. That's why I've taken to asking for Hatchlings, really. I need to keep as much eggspace on my scroll as possible.

Another problem is that I seem to always see the shiniest things in the Cave shortly after I've been egglocked, and they taunt me so. >__> I then regret picking up a brand new egg and remind myself not to do that "next time".

It won't matter to me as much after I finish my adult collection, because at that point I won't be trading as much, and it will be okay to have eggs sit on my scroll taking up space for days at a time. tongue.gif

The blockers exist because nobody wants to pick up those eggs.

"I'm not going to waste one of MY egg slots picking up a blocker. Let somebody else pick up blockers."

I pick up a blocker in a biome, and that biome starts to move. Sometimes it gets blocked again after one or two eggs, but sometimes it doesn't, and I get to grab an egg or two that I want. 5 hours later, I can abandon the blocker I picked up.

Of course, I have seven egg slots, so I can let one or two be wasted for a few hours. Someone with just 4 slots might think that was a bad thing to do. But if the biomes are blocked, nobody is getting any eggs. 60 people sitting there refreshing, and nobody wants to unblock. They are all waiting for somebody else to unblock so they can get the eggs they want. But no eggs flow, because the cave is blocked.

If you wait for somebody else to unblock the cave, then you are part of the problem. The people who wait for somebody else to unblock the cave are also the people who are complaining that the cave is blocked.

I don't think cave blocking is a problem, because I know what to do about it.

The comment before yours was made two years ago fyi.

It used to be that if the AP got above a certain amount (I think four or five lines deep) they'd block the cave until people cleared it out. No longer.

The comment before yours was made two years ago fyi.

Yes, I know. The cave blocker situation has changed, but cave blockers are still very much "in the news" and this is a topic that still needs discussion. At least I think it does.

This might be an old topic, but it's an ongoing problem. I think the biomes should shuffle after 30 seconds of inactivity.

Unfortunately, 'shuffling' allows the wanted eggs to be picked out, leaving the ones almost everyone has enough of already, or no use for, to be re-issued on the next Drop, and the ones afterward.

As long as the Cave produces too many of certain types of eggs for the environment (us) to support, the problem will continue, as it has through the years, no matter what 'player fixes' have been tried.

This might be an old topic, but it's an ongoing problem. I think the biomes should shuffle after 30 seconds of inactivity.

That just allows those with the very fastest computers to cherry-pick the pile, leaving the dregs for the rest of us.

The LARGEST part of any kind of hunting is Patience. Patience is one of the most valuable skills we can learn in the Cave or in real life, and 30 seconds doesn't take any patience AT all.

I want Bleeding Moons to become an irritating blocker someday, so I'd have an endless supply for my army.<3

If you wait for somebody else to unblock the cave, then you are part of the problem.

I won't deny the truth, I'm one of these people. However I'd pick up these boring Waterhorses or something too if I weren't almost locked all the time, except new release days I'm usually at 5/7 or 6/7, so it's important to be careful. laugh.gif And, someone out there might actually need a blocker more than me.

Edited by Light Concorde

I have an idea... Well more like a random thought...Well several idea/random thoughts on the who AP/Cave Blocker problem

1. Increase the drop time. 12-24 hrs before you can drop a cave egg.

2. X amount of views before egg can be dropped

3. split the dragon breeds in half. only 1/2 the dragons can breed and be found in the cave from January-June. The second 1/2 can be bred and found from July-December. (this is not a perm. plan, just for 1 year.

4. Retire dragons. I know this has been shot down before, people say it is not fair to the spriters.I personally like ALL of my dragons and collect a little bit of everything. However, if so many people do not like particular dragons much, don't you think it is equally hurtful to the spriters to see their dragons sitting in the cave or blocking the AP day in and day out?

5. No more new releases for 1 yr. No one likes that idea much do they? Yeah, me neither, however, prior to the new releases, there were a LOT less dragons in the AP.

6. Make a few more of the dragons rare. example: whites/guardians/Pebbles. They have been around a long time. If they were harder to obtain they would be more desirable.

7. Have BSA actions for the cave blockers/AP sitters. If the Canopy dragons had say a gender change option(this dragon throws a colorful canopy over X dragon and changes X dragons gender to match his/her own - this would only work prior to the dragons first breeding once bred, gender can not be changed.) they would be waaaay more desirable.

8.mandatory common raising commitment. It will be located under your account settings. You must log in each month say 10 common dragons that you raised AND kept each month. Heck even 5 would work. If you did not do this your breeding action would be locked until your commitment was filled.

Honestly I don't think 'cave blocking' really exists. As an experiment for the last couple days I've sat in Forest with the page on auto-refresh (1 second) mid-hour and watched egg after egg get picked up. Mid-hour it was one egg every couple minutes. So there are new eggs getting in to the biomes fairly frequently. I don't think it's a problem at all.

e. and Retiring dragons is a TERRIBLE idea!

Edited by platedlizard

Honestly I don't think 'cave blocking' really exists. As an experiment for the last couple days I've sat in Forest with the page on auto-refresh (1 second) mid-hour and watched egg after egg get picked up. Mid-hour it was one egg every couple minutes. So there are new eggs getting in to the biomes fairly frequently. I don't think it's a problem at all.

e. and Retiring dragons is a TERRIBLE idea!

I also think retiring dragons is a terrible idea. I was hoping by suggesting it yet again, maybe more people would take notice get out and grab some of these dragons up!

I don't think it's a good idea to scare people like that, it causes unnecessary drama and this game already has more than enough of it.

There are a lot a lot a lot of suggestions in the Suggestions area for dealing with cave blockers, and admittedly, they all have their imperfections. I personally think the biggest problem has to do with ratios, and if that if the ratios were regularly adjusted so that certain commons weren't consistently THE blockers, we'd have less of an issue. I wouldn't mind if mints and guardians temporarily became as difficult to find as CB pinks and blacks (both of which used to be notorious blockers). Shuffling ratios, rather than eggs, might just be a viable solution.

And there's tons of discussion that in the Suggestions area, so I won't belabor the point here. laugh.gif

Lol, I missed the cave blockers and ways to deal with them post. How many of these posts are out there?????

I just see people time in and time out trying different ways to fix various little problems.

The best way ultimately to fix this problem is for people to stop trying to get just rares and new eggs and keep and raise what ever they catch. Problem completely solved. The End smile.gif