Dragoncia

What is the rarest dragon?

Which dragon do you think is the rarest?  

437 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

*gasp*

I... I LIVE! It's been so long since I've had a signal. stupid fires >>

Anyway, I voted 2nd gen tinsels, cause there are only 30 cb tinsels in all. Though some other dragons came in a close second. Hollies, by far, are greater in numbers than cb tinsels. CB metals, no matter how bad the ratios may be and no matter how infrequent they are, the cave will not stop producing them. CB tinsels will never drop in the cave or be given out. EVER.

(okay, completely off-topic, but right now I'm loving my Avatar-Singnature pair. They correspond so well~)

I'd say holly. Others like Guardian of Nature and Neglected are harder to obtain, but the opportunity to try get one is always there year round. Hollies, on the other hand... tongue.gif

I do wonder though, how many of the winner's circle for the tree decorating contest chose holly eggs. Might be good to have some new blood in this area to boost numbers. smile.gif (Feel free to contact me! xP)

Holly dragons are the rarest at the moment. They come out only for about one week on Christmas. Hollies in the AP come by at the drop of the hat and Holly glomp gifters are almost unheard of. You need a CB trio/metallic/Neglected to trade for a Holly.

Neglecteds are a close second due to their 'taking time to get'-ness. I won't get too into explaining how to get a Neglected due to unwritten rules, but you need to be precise.

Guardian of Natures are also very hard to get due to their low chances (1/11) and due to the fact the chances are 'reset' every time you summon. But trios are very easy to get nowadays and you don't really need to work at it to summon. Click a trio, press Summon and see how it goes. It's more on the luck side.

I wonder who voted for Tan Ridgewing. Around this month, I bred a tan ridgewing. Hm.

Edited by MisaTange

Fact: Rarest dragon on Dragon Cave is in fact the Neglected.

And coming second is the Zombie.

Guys, holly are lucky if they come THIRD.

They aren't THAT rare...

Edited by xLemon

Fact: Rarest dragon on Dragon Cave is in fact the Neglected.

And coming second is the Zombie.

They aren't THAT rare...

I see more scrolls with zombies on them than hollies. I'd say that neglecteds and hollies are about the same...though I have been seeing more neglecteds as of late.

Then again, it could just be the scrolls that I'm looking at. Is there really any way to tell for sure?

If you go on Dragon Cave wiki both hollies and neglecteds will say extreamly rare but neglecteds are still harder to get.

To get a zombie you need just pure luck.

To get a holly you need to be a great catcher.

And to get a neglected you need to be quick, awake and aware.

Edited by xLemon

If you go on Dragon Cave wiki both hollies and neglecteds will say extreamly rare but  neglecteds are still harder to get.

To get a zombie you need just pure luck.

To get a holly you need to be a great catcher.

And to get a neglected you need to be quick, awake and aware.

To be a great catcher, you need to be quick, awake, aware, and lucky to even see a holly.

EDIT: Not to say that neglecteds are easy to get. No way. But they can come from any egg at any time, whereas hollies can only come from hollies around christmas.

Edited by Snow Plow

I'm still going with neglected. You also gotta be able to save it when it turns to a neglected.

PLUS it seems that zombies and neglecteds are a bigger riot than hollies.

AND hollies look like they have a severe neck problem xd.png

Considering I have a majority of these, I thought I'd contribute. I have a cb metal (caught, not traded for), a cb black (caught), a cb stripe (caught), a holly (also caught), a neglected (self-made), a 2nd gen tinsel, cb trios, red dorsals, and have had (and traded away) tan ridgewings. Which was the hardest to obtain? Definitely the holly. I got no sleep for three nights straight while hunting, entered numerous FFAs (lost them all) and I can't even begin to impart on you the luck it took to catch the one I did on the AP (I only saw maybe six the whole week...and I was hunting like a madwoman.)

GoN's are impossible, but that's luck. Nothing you can do about it. As for something you can put effort into obtaining? Holly.

It's the holly. No contest.

I'd say the metal is a close second, though.

They aren't THAT rare...

You must be new here. ;3 (No harm meant, I'm just teasing.)

I also voted Holly. People can kill the parents of tinsels to make second gens. Even if they aren't "legit" they're still 2nd gens.

I hope I can be lucky enough this Christmas to grab a Holly. x3 I have found it rather depressing to sit and hunt the last 3 Christmases to have nothing to show for it. I have high hopes this year, though! Especially with teleport implemented.

Also, I wonder how hard Yulebucks are/will be to catch? Certainly not as hard as Hollies, but I wouldn't want to be a newbie with Hollies, Yulebucks, Snow Angels, Ribbon Dancers, and the new eggs to catch!

Edited by Painter

You must be new here. ;3 (No harm meant, I'm just teasing.)

I also voted Holly. People can kill the parents of tinsels to make second gens. Even if they aren't "legit" they're still 2nd gens.

I hope I can be lucky enough this Christmas to grab a Holly. x3 I have found it rather depressing to sit and hunt the last 3 Christmases to have nothing to show for it. I have high hopes this year, though! Especially with teleport implemented.

Also, I wonder how hard Yulebucks are/will be to catch? Certainly not as hard as Hollies, but I wouldn't want to be a newbie with Hollies, Yulebucks, Snow Angels, Ribbon Dancers, and the new eggs to catch!

Sadly I have to catch all of those because I stopped playing Dragon Cave in the middle of summer and then started again at the end of winter xd.png, so the holidays are going to be pretty busy for me.

Yo. =D

I forsee tears and this laptop going hurtling out of the nearest window when Christmas comes around.

I'd say 2nd gen gold tinsels, there are 5 CB ones, they are so much rarer than anything else. Hollies are hard to get but there are more than 2nd gen gold tinsels. Neglected, it's all about knowing how to make them, once you do know, it's easy. GoNs, you need luck, nothing else really. CB golds and silvers, there once a lot going around.

I've voted 2nd gen gold tinsels.

*wants a holly this year but it will probably wont even get one till next year since a my friends's friend promised her one and she promised me one*

I'd say that Hollies proably will be as hard to come by this Christmas as they've been the last three years. But I still don't think they're the rarest, in my eyes it's GoNs and 2nd gen Tinsels.

Then again, Zombies and NDs are on top of my list over the rarest dragons too. Even though those are way easier to get than the other rare dragons (as soon as you know how to make them and have a bit of luck, then they're easy to get).

Zombies are easy to get at a certain time of the year, as are Hollies (if people breed them). GoNs are based solely on luck and can't be traded. Neglecteds, on the other hand, are really hard to get as it is very difficult to have the conditions to make them.

I think based on numbers it would be the Holly and Neglected and maybe Guardians of Nature

Of course there are only 31 or so CB tinsels and no more to come xd.png

Edited by spirited_soul

Neglecteds... and CB Blacks.

Not to mention Hollies, because a lot of people refuse to give them to people... If everyone breeds theirs every year, shouldn't there be loads of them by now?

Edited by Shay-la!

For me, its definitely the Neglected, because although GoNs are extremely rare, and so are holidays and CB golds, silvers, blacks etc..., I will never have enough time or patience to do the precision timing needed for a Neglected. I can barely read a clock as it is, and I'm completely horrible at memorizing times.

Somewhere between Neglecteds, GoNs, and Zombies. GoNs are hard to summon and limited to 2 per scroll, NDs are hard to make (but becoming increasingly more common), and Zombies are very very rare, period.

CB Blacks aren't nearly as rare as these. I've gotten 2 in the past three weeks or so. CB Stripes are even more common. CB Metals are rare...but not up there with NDs, Zombies, and GoNs.

I need to think on this one

I see some people with a wall of neglected, they have mastered how to get them, so to me that is not rare, just not everyone knows how *like me, I got mine as a trade for a CB silver*

Holly, I am hoping this year become easier to catch now that teleport is here and the old way of catching is gone, people who DO breed and have 2, eggs will go to AP...the thing is to get people to breed :/

Zombie, halloween people, chances are increased to like 50% I got 2 one halloween.

Guardian of nature, although not that many have one, it is available, may take you 3 years, but as long as you can summon you can *eventually* get one.

I see golds and silver on occasion in the Ap, caught my first of each in 09, the caught 2 silvers in one month this year....gold I don't see any more since my first catch in 09, but see people trading them so know they are there

I am leaning towards 2nd gen tinsels :/

no vote yet, wanna think on it

Edited by Merenwen

Hollys by far are the rarest. Even with the numbers bred during the holiday season, they have no chance at catching up compared to the other types.Think about it: lets say there is 10 cbs left out there, if all 10 bred 4 eggs, thats only 40 new second gens being distributed across... lets say 5000 scrolls actively being played. Now, if theres only say.. 100 second gens, at most they would breed 400 more, however its unlikely every pairing would produce 4 more eggs so lets toss the number 300. We are now up to 340 possible new low gen hollies.. however, this isnt accounting for misbreeds/lack of breeding. This doesnt account for people who will be releasing their long gens once squiring a lower gen (as i hope to).

I do not consider tinsels rare at all. I dont believe gen factors into rarity, mainly because a tinsel is a tinsel regardless of gen. They are breeding eggs like crazy (i own one that is 8/8 on tinsel babies with no fails whatsoever). If you hang out in chat.. tinsels are the MAIN dragon that is dropped for gifting purposes. The CBs were meant to be stupidly rare, so factoring them into the mix is rather unfair (but i do believe there are more cb tinsels than cb hollies... tongue.gif).

CB metals, blacks and stripes are dropping way more frequently than they were for a long time there. Its almost like it was back when i first joined this game.. you can expect to see one or hear of someone seeing one every couple hours it seems.

Hollies, full stop. Neglected too, but at least they're optainable, without having to rely on what amounts to a handful of breeders, getting eggs for the whole community. The poor owners must be stressed out of their skin, around the holidays! xd.png