El3m3nt

The Elder Scrolls

Getpwned, I was asking because there's a possible online mod in the makes. There already is one but you can't do anything more than just chat, but mod tools have not been released yet. It would be fun to play with other people on DC.

My most leveled character is 62, with 100 in heavy, two handed, one handed, archery, alchemy, smithing, enchanting, sneaking, lockpicking, and working getting 100 in light armor. Everything dies within a few hits. The only thing that can even do any amount of damage or the elder/ancient dragons when you get high enough level

I also think the gifts are level base, so if you start the war early on, you will just get crappy stuff, level up and you get better stuff. For the Imperials I got nothing but ebony and daedric items because my character was level 59 at the time and I had nothing better to do. I also ran through part of the questline naked for fun.

with my other character who was only level 18 at the time, he got some dwarven stuff and elf stuff...which is funny because he's an elf...with the Stormcloaks. Just for kicks.

@demonicvampiregirl: I would suggest doing the war questline early on in the game. It's much more fun when you are lower level and is actually a bit boring higher level.

Yeah, once the mod is done (presumably sometime after the creation kit comes out) I wouldn't mind derpin' around with some other DC'ers.

Getpwned, I was asking because there's a possible online mod in the makes. There already is one but you can't do anything more than just chat, but mod tools have not been released yet. It would be fun to play with other people on DC.

My most leveled character is 62, with 100 in heavy, two handed, one handed, archery, alchemy, smithing, enchanting, sneaking, lockpicking, and working getting 100 in light armor. Everything dies within a few hits. The only thing that can even do any amount of damage or the elder/ancient dragons when you get high enough level

I also think the gifts are level base, so if you start the war early on, you will just get crappy stuff, level up and you get better stuff. For the Imperials I got nothing but ebony and daedric items because my character was level 59 at the time and I had nothing better to do. I also ran through part of the questline naked for fun.

with my other character who was only level 18 at the time, he got some dwarven stuff and elf stuff...which is funny because he's an elf...with the Stormcloaks. Just for kicks.

@demonicvampiregirl: I would suggest doing the war questline early on in the game. It's much more fun when you are lower level and is actually a bit boring higher level.

Um does this mod mean it's third party and not from Bethesda? I wouldn't want the game to be a online one as I don't have it yet and the fact I'm enjoying some huge game like this just being a single player. Makes it more exciting.

Also my char is level 24 and I'm doing the Diplomatic Immunity main quest at the moment. Well sorta standing at the door to Solitude last I played. I'm horribly loyal to Whiterun and don't want to visit other holds unless I'm forced to for some reason. I keep thinking something will happen to Whiterun if I'm gone again. Last time I took off for a bit I came back to see a half dead dragon fighting on the Battle-born Farm and started going after guards before I could get my fat little character over to him to get his attention.

Also how is the Paarthurnax quest avoided? I don't feel like I need to kill him just because the Blades view him as evil when he's not.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

Um does this mod mean it's third party and not from Bethesda? I wouldn't want the game to be a online one as I don't have it yet and the fact I'm enjoying some huge game like this just being a single player. Makes it more exciting.

No one would force you to use the mod.

--

I think it would be fun.

No one would force you to use the mod.

--

I think it would be fun.

I know that but you missed what I was asking. Does this mod come from the company that made the game or is it someone else entirely and is it for PC or console as well? I wouldn't mind downloading DLCs for the game once I'm able to but I wouldn't want the online part of it if they made it like that. I'm just wanting to know if this is from someone else or not as a new game entirely not just some upgrade for the ones we got.

Anyone else do the Diplomatic Immunity quest to walk out of the cave at the end to find two dragons? I had one drop that was practically dead I hit it only once and it died. I had another one show up and killed it. Got two souls out of it though! smile.gif

It's made by fans of the game, exclusively for the PC version. the PC version has mods that are available for download, that are made by fans of the game. Mods and DLC are completely separate. The online mod will not extend to console versions of the game.

Suits me. I don't even own the PC version to this game. I doubt I ever will too. So far its easier to play on the Xbox. Granted that's compared to Marrowind but hey.

And I got a question too...does anyone know anything about the book titled "Chimarvamidium"? I can't remove it from one of my characters since it says it's a quest item (and I now have two), I don't remember where I got either of the books but I can't find anything about the quest for it. I've googled it and looked through the elder scrolls wiki and I can't find anything, not even something saying it's a glitch to be considered a quest item.

I know this is really old and you may have found it by now, but the librarian in the College of Winterhold will assign you to find it for him randomly. The quest is in the form of "find [book] in [dungeon]", so it might not always be that book. That might be why they are stuck in your inventory, though my character is assigned to find one, just not where she did, and the copy I found isn't stuck.

I finally got Oblivion and I've been playing it like mad.

But when I play a game like that, I like to go off on my own tanget and just muck around.

I accidentally ended up, (after about 30 hours of playing) at the Priory where I had to give Jeffery the necklace and I was like, why not?

But I still haven't gone to the town I need to.

I need to level up my battle skills, but I'm a thief... I keep dying trying to battle the ghosts in the Anvil house I paid 5k for. Five thousand coins and I can't even sleep there. *sigh* I can still put my stolen items in there till I can get to a fence, yay.

Any advice on what to fight to help me level up? I keep fighting wolves and I do ok at those, but everytime I try to fight a boar it kills me.

I got a issue with a stray dog. It wont give me the options to have it follow me. I did have one once but I went to the the werewolf blood thing and it couldn't come with me. I can't find it back at the place I found it at either. Any help at all? I'd like a dog companion again.

I recently got back into Oblivion after playing a couple hundred hours of Skyrim (yeah, I know)

Kanaye, I'd suggest going into the Arena in the Imperial City. You can get some experience from that, and also from the Dark Brotherhood, which you can join simply by killing someone innocent and then sleeping. Also, try just adventuring and going into dungeons.

Also, it's Jauffre, not Jeffery. tongue.gif

@demonicvampiregirl

You can go to Markarth and buy a dog named Vigilance at the stables. Also, if you go to Falkreath and talk to the blacksmith you'll get a quest to get him a dog, which turns in to the quest for Clavicus Vile(the daedra prince) Your reward will either be a certain helmet, an axe, or the dog.

Edited by Getpwned

Okay so why am I not getting the option for him to follow though? He even attacked me just a second ago I used Animal Allegiance to calm him down but the only thing I did was bump into him while on the horse and heal him cuz he was hurt from wolves.

I mean I don't think being a werewolf has anything to do with it.

... Dark Brotherhood, which you can join simply by killing someone innocent and then sleeping ...

Can I be in the Dark Brotherhood and in the Thieves Guild?

I like being a thief.

I've been in a few dungeons. I'll look for more.

I've been spending a lot of my time just wandering around the forest between Bruma and Chorrol. I need to do wandering in other places.

@Kanaye

You can join any and all guilds on any character.

Edited by Getpwned

Yeah but for some reason you lose the Harbinger title for the Companions if you do any other factions quests. Or at least that's what I read.

Also since no one answered me before how do you avoid the Paarthurnax quest completely? I don't really feel the need to kill a dragon that helps you. :/

You don't lose Harbinger status; They just stop saying "Harbinger" as greetings when you walk near them.

If you don't want to kill Paarthurnax, talk to him, tell him that the Blades told you to kill him, and then don't kill him.

Oh goodie. I don't see a reason as to why they'd want him dead even though he's helping the Dragonborn.

Spoilers below, white text

They want him dead because he's a dragon and the Blades hold a serious grudge. Back during the original Dragon War, Paarthurnax was one of Alduin's top lieutenants, and the Blades were originally dragonslayers before they guarded the Emperor. They actually weren't guarding the Emperor because he was the Emperor, they guarded him because he was dragonborn. The Blades were originally the Akaviri Dragonguard. Thus, Delphine and Esbern are like "OHWEE KILL PAARTHURNAX OR WE NO LIKE YOU LOL WE DUN LIKE DRAGUNZ."

Hey, would anyone be interested in watching me Let's Play Skyrim? I have a few (admittedly bad) Minecraft videos that I kinda quit on, so I may just stop, but it depends on who wants to see me play.

yes, no? Let me know :)

Maybe, it means you get to watch me make a new character, including all the mods I use. biggrin.gif

basically you watch me play the game, but I talk to you.

Edited by Getpwned