elderberrysyrup

How can we fix the common wall?

The goal is to balance out the ratios, not just beat at the wall but solve the problem in the caves too. I'd say any common is fair game, excepting what is bred by onesself, of course.

EDIT: So, should we have contests broken down into sections, for example:

Most overall in their trophy level <- tinsel

Most of X breed in trophy level <- some other rare, gold/silver/trio?

Doesn't sound too bad, if we can manage to find enough prizes.

Oh, by the way, I messaged Infinis about this thread idea and she said she'd forward it to Rubyshoes.

Still waiting on a reply from her now.

*sigh*

I think the original idea was actually to target specific breeds, to take one given breed out of the "common" overproduced bracket. I think it should at least be limited to, say, five breeds maximum--but I would not be opposed to a one or two-breed limitation. Especially if the breed is whiptails. I love whiptails but dear jumping jehosephat, there are always piles of them in the cave and AP. >.<

My goodness. I know so many mods. Feel kinda old now.

Are we having 1st/2nd/3rd levels as well, so golds 1st, silver 2nd, trio 3rd or somehting?

My goodness. I know so many mods. Feel kinda old now.

Are we having 1st/2nd/3rd levels as well, so golds 1st, silver 2nd, trio 3rd or somehting?

The problem with this would be that metallics seem to breed much less reliably than both Tinsels and Trios.

Maybe the prizes could be fluid?

I mean, they'd each get a hard to get rare, but maybe instead just assign 3 runner ups and then send them one random rare each?

That way we wouldnt' be stuck trying to come up with 4 golds a month on a really gold-dry month.

Maybe we could limit it to Whiptails, Green, and Canopies?

Those seem like the biggest cave blockers right now...

Nocturnes too, but those don't seem as bad just yet.

Edited by Pink

Ah, that might work. I wasn't thinking this owuld happen every month though, it seems with the trophy levels and the prises for specific breeds it would be a lot of rares, so maybe onve every few weeks. I don't see once a month happening unless we get massive support for this.

Ah, that might work. I wasn't thinking this owuld happen every month though, it seems with the trophy levels and the prises for specific breeds it would be a lot of rares, so maybe onve every few weeks. I don't see once a month happening unless we get massive support for this.

Maybe initially we could just start out with one category?

To test the water, so to speak.

Then maybe after that we could proceed on a more regular schedule if people like it enough.

I would love a contest and would participate and donate to the cause, especially if Albinos are included. I want to get more of those since they're one of my favorite sprites. I remember when the "So you want a silver" project was new. I decided I wanted to hoard one of the commons on the list...I chose magis. Magis have come a long way and I've collected quite a few of them. right now I've been collecting many CB commons. I appreciate the people who toss under 6 day old commons on the AP. I also enjoy trading some uncommon CBs like nebulas for CB hatchlings.

A contest with a lot of support would be a great idea. What would be better if it was a site contest, or at least mentioned in the news area. That would get even more people to participate.

And it should be specified whether the blocker dragons come from the cave or the AP, and whether they have to mature to adulthood or can be frozen as hatchlings or what. Probably mature to adulthood would keep it more fair... and this is all about clearing the AP, isn't it? So a list of AP blocker breeds that are open game... though, unless you'd be willing to disqualify eggs that don't have a lineage as being CB instead, people will be picking them up from the cave as well--no harm in that, really.

Since the CB eggs count toward the ratios too, I definitely think that they should still count.

Also wanted to say that I LOVE the competition idea. I'd be totally up for participating, both as a competitor and a breeder... I don't have many metallics, but I have quite a few trios.

Tinsel competition? Awesome idea. Looks like my thread has some friendly competition. And I would definitely donate + participate for the cause.

I would love to participate as well. I think CB eggs should count too, since they are helping the ratio.

I can donate CB stripes to the cause if there are people who would want them.

I'd definitely, definitely, definitely participate as a Trio breeder. I can produce 2nd gens of each. I'd maybe participate in the rest, too, since I pretty much do this anyway to a degree.

To be honest, I've just been building up a Vampire army. Once I reach my 500 dragon goal and have another slot (roughly 90 or so away from that) I'm going to unleash them on the AP on a problem see, problem fix basis.

Got approval for the tinsel contest project thing (after I think of a name).

I'll post it later, as right now I'm totally deadbeat.

Well, with my last free slot, I picked up a purple dorsal from the AP, I only have four spaces atm though because of a failed vampire bite ¬_¬

Approval as in they'll give out tinsels?

No, as in that the mods will let us post a board.

I need to come up with a title and such first though.

I have a pair of tinsels (soon to be three) and have a friend who has a tinsel (soon to be two).

I don't think we'll have a lack of prizes, either way.

No, as in that the mods will let us post a board.

I need to come up with a title and such first though.

I have a pair of tinsels (soon to be three) and have a friend who has a tinsel (soon to be two).

I don't think we'll have a lack of prizes, either way.

By 'post a board' I assume you mean 'make a thread'? Or do you mean they'll actually make a board for this project?

I assume it'll be something like the Common Containment Community or something.

I regularly go through the Abandoned page and take inbred eggs that I hatch, freeze and release. It serves the dual prupose of taking inbred lineage out of the 'gene pool' and getting some of those commons off the AP.

I thought releasing dragons meant they no longer count towards ratios? I may be wrong, though . . .

I thought releasing dragons meant they no longer count towards ratios? I may be wrong, though . . .

I heard it was like that as well.

I don't think so. As long as it's alive, it counts, from my understanding.

I have been told that it had changed and dragons in the wilderness no longer count towards the ratios so when they get released we're just shooting ourselves in the foot because the cave will just make more to replace them. Seeing as there are a lot of CBs on the AP I don't think we really want the cave to make more commons to replace those released.

I have been told that it had changed and dragons in the wilderness no longer count towards the ratios so when they get released we're just shooting ourselves in the foot because the cave will just make more to replace them. Seeing as there are a lot of CBs on the AP I don't think we really want the cave to make more commons to replace those released.

I can't remember the thread it was in, but TJ said that wilderness dragons do not count toward the ratios. So the best dragons to release would not be CB commons, but long lineaged hard to get ones.

I've been picking up commons constantly in the AP since the limits were changed, actually have a scroll full of them right now. I always figure I can boost my numbers that are lacking, so I'm trying! xd.png

I definitely think we need more BSAs for commons. I remember a time when there were nothing but pinks in the AP. Influence comes along, and now Pinks go like hotcakes. And though not an ideal solution, having breed-only dragons makes the parents very desirable. I remember this with Skywings. The only exception to both of these rules seem to be pebbles/earth dragons. BSA and Geode-producing, and still so many of them.

Maybe it's too easy to produce Geodes from stone dragons, and there's way too many stone dragons out there? The pebble's Earthquake is more explainable; I tried it once, it resulted in two dead eggs and one hatching, and now I won't use it. I don't like the chance of killing my hard-won eggs. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way; rather than grabbing and breeding them for the BSA, they try it once or twice and decide they don't like it. wink.gif