elderberrysyrup

How can we fix the common wall?

I noticed one of the main issues is that the ratios never balance out properly, because no one ever takes the commons, then we have people complaining about no one taking the commons and there being too many commons because there aren't enough people who will take commons.

Is there a way we can solve this? I am sure if we put our heads together we could figure something out!

I have been picking up AP eggs en masse lately. Going to start breeding Reds soon though since I'm running out of their BSA.

And I think this might be a duplicate topic. Could be wrong though.

I haven't seen one like this, where we can sit and discussion solutions to the issue of 'too many commons'. Many apologies if this is in fact a repeat.

i don't think this is a duplicate as long as this does not becomes a project or anything and stays as a discussion... i believe, i could be wrong as well xd.png (Though is has now been moved to suggestions x3)

i've been thinking the best way is for everyone to make beautiful projects using commons, making them desirable. For example: i am not really into Terrae dragons, but they look great when mated to tinsels... so if i EVER get a tinsel, it's probable that it'll have a TinselXterrae (or ember or harvest) and i'll need more terrae... but not only like that, if everyone out there starts making a cute lineage using just commons, and then gift the offspring, we will raise the number of commons in the rations, leading at them not covering the cave, and to fill the ap with pretty things... This means we would all have to cooperate into not creating messy lineages and all that. Well, i suppose there's people who actually might like making messy lineages, and that's fine, it's their option for the game (i believe half my dragons are like that xd.png) but maybe we should try making more common based pretty lines :3

just my opinion, hope grammar is ok and it's not too redundant xd.png

That only works if the people who might pick up the commons are interested in lineages, okura. A *lot* of people aren't. *raises hand* A "pretty" lineage wouldn't influence me to pick up an egg one little bit.

Personally, I think there is a very simple solution, that will never actually happen: Everyone pick up more common AP-blockers! We have more egg-slots now, so even if you only use 1 egg slot for grabbing those earths/balloons/whatever, if enough people do it that will make a *huge* difference.

But it won't happen. There are many different "grab the commons!" projects, but compared to the overall user-base that is a very tiny percentage of people that are grabbing the AP-blockers. Unless a whole-lot-more people get on board, it won't make much of a difference.

I regularly go through the Abandoned page and take inbred eggs that I hatch, freeze and release. It serves the dual prupose of taking inbred lineage out of the 'gene pool' and getting some of those commons off the AP.

I think the solution to the AP blockage is to grab the eggs, even if it is temporary. Almost all of us have more slots now than we did a week ago.

I went from 9 slots to 21. I do my best to fill them all. (20 out of the 21 I have now came from the AP.)

When the cave is blocked, grab AP eggs before you go to work, school, whatever. It helps to unblock the biomes. Toss them back later. They will have less time on them, and will be more desirable to others.

When the cave isn't blocked, grab a biome blocker.

Personally, I think there is a very simple solution, that will never actually happen: Everyone pick up more common AP-blockers! We have more egg-slots now, so even if you only use 1 egg slot for grabbing those earths/balloons/whatever, if enough people do it that will make a *huge* difference.

This, very much.

Right now on my scroll I have 3 eggs that I wanted, and two that I picked up because they were blockers. 3 hatchlings were eggs that I wanted, while 6 of my hatchlings were picked up for biome blocking as well. We have so many scroll slots now that I don't begrudge them the space at all. xd.png While I was waiting for my Thuwed, I had to keep a max of three eggs/three hatchlings anyway to stay unlocked, so even with picking up so many "unwanted" commons it's like I'm losing nothing.

Edited by TPishek

I've found that now that I have the extra slots, I'm more willing to grab more commons. I'm breeding my reds right now for their BSA's. Once I've got an army of reds, I'll be perfectly capable to take at least 2 to 3 commons every few days.

To be honest I think the best way to get rid of the commons is to catch, hatch, release. If you don't want the hatchling and the breeding is decent, then release it for someone else. Or you can freeze. Thanks to the use of BSA and the multiple slots, if a person grabs 2 common eggs, hatched them, then grabbed 2 more, then they could get 6 common hatchlings out into the wild/abandoned page per week if not more. If ten people do this, that's 60 common eggs gone. Let's say 20 do this, that's 120. And 20 people is barely a drop in the hat.

I take all the reds from the cave and the CB nocturnes from the AP, most likely every common that falls under the ER... Scroll locked now like this, and I have 21 items to fill.

Edited by Aurora-Silver

Well the suggestions to pick up is good and all, but the thing is- as it is now, even though we all know that people need to pick up commons for the ratios, people aren't willing to...

Well the suggestions to pick up is good and all, but the thing is- as it is now, even though we all know that people need to pick up commons for the ratios, people aren't willing to...

People are saying here that they are doing exactly that. I assume they are doing it willingly. (I am actually HUNTING a couple of CB commons and failing miserably to find them xd.png)

how about just limiting the amount of eggs a person can abandon? now that there is teleport there's no need to drop and pray, so i would actually prefer to limit the amount of dragons people can abandon.

i dont mind picking up commons but its very discouraging to try to adopt from the AP when the who wall is nothing but greens or mints.

i pick up dragons whose sprites i like or favor, and i think the whole ratio thing kind of forces people to take on dragons they dont want in order to balance the system - only there are so many users it never really does balance so it seems like a practice in futility.

People are saying here that they are doing exactly that. I assume they are doing it willingly. (I am actually HUNTING a couple of CB commons and failing miserably to find them xd.png)

I guess, but I feel that we are just so few...

I guess, but I feel that we are just so few...

If I have a slot later and you catch either one... (I misclicked while....)

I think maybe we could all save one slot for a common egg, or maybe have it as a rule or something...I mean, the whole wall of mints and earth dragons is kinda annoying me, and I always pick of every ER and when it hatches i usually freeze it. Once i get more reds i'm going to devote a few weeks to catching commons. Hey! Maybe we could have some kind of competition on DC for, I don't know, who catches and grows up the most commons or something? I think people just need to get motivated!

I like picking up Mints from.. anywhere. xd.png The cave or the AP. I think if everyone picks at least one common to hoard, it would help a lot. Also, people like e that will happily take unwanted inbreds no one else will take.

I've decided to start picking up the Dorsals in the AP. Apparently, people like to breed them with Alt Sweetlings but abandon the purple eggs. wink.gif Very desirable, I'm a sucker for lineages. But, yeah, I do this.

I've been using all these extra slots to grab a bunch of random commons off the AP to hatch. Once they hatch I leave them at the abandoned pile again, because people always go for hatchlings.

The problem I have with this is not the CBs and low generation/nicely lineaged commons. The problem I have with AP eggs is that they're primarily inbred, or terribly lineaged. I've been taking more and more commons from the cave, now the problem seems to be people breeding them.

edit: Example: Just picked up two CB stones and a CB waterhorse from the AP. Will be keeping them, as I need more of both.

Edited by spyro76

I am moving this topic to Site Discussion, as it is not really a suggestion to change something in the site's actual mechanics.

Rather, it is an alteration in playstyle.

how about just limiting the amount of eggs a person can abandon? now that there is teleport there's no need to drop and pray, so i would actually prefer to limit the amount of dragons people can abandon.

The problem with limiting abandons is that those same commons will just sit in the caves forever and clog things up there. It doesn't solve anything =/

It would be nice if people would stop breeding ugly long lineaged commons left and right for no reason. xd.png If they have to be ugly and long lineaged, the ugly lineaged parent should be some rare you're trying to breed or something. But I don't have much hope for that. The only real solution is for us to suck it up and pick as many commons up as possible, potentially freezing the ugly lineaged ones. Or you could just be like me and wait it out while hoping someone else will be responsible instead. |D

I'll tell you people this much: I don't like lineages, and I don't see how they could be pretty. I'm barely on the site any more, so at this point, I catch eggs from the AP until I'm locked (whatever colour is dominant at the time), raise them until they're hatchlings, and dump them. I don't really see how you could fix commons, since they're, you know, common, but if it bothers people that much...